30 for 30 Bad Boys

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

30 for 30 Bad Boys

Post by dtmfs »

interesting Doc as most 30 for 30's are but for a team called the bad boys sure was a lot of crying going on, and Jesus I forgot this teams overall assholeishness, Isaiah was a lying prick, Lambierre talking tough was funny at best, he got in peoples heads but he also got his ass whooped most notably by The Chief, and classless as any team ever walking off the court with time on the clock because they needed to cry that it was over and a new "real" dynasty was taking over. No wonder Thomas was left off the dream team, great player with no character at all. Best part though was the crying, big bad Mahorn, Rodman.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: 30 for 30 Bad Boys

Post by ParaDime77 »

One of the best 30's yet. The hard fouls they committed back then make today's game a damn joke. So much cohesive talent on that squad.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

I didn't realize that the P.O.S.tons learned the leaving early bitch move from the Celtics. I'm not surprised about that fact, though.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Great documentary. Great commentary on important coaching is in basketball as well. Something as simple as benching Dantley the scorer for Rodman the spark plug made the difference between bouncing in the east finals and winning two rings .

ETA I remember how badly the Pistons beat the shit out of Jordan. I had forgotten exactly how much. This doc made me remember how much I hated them but they have my respect for working together. I'll never forgive them walking off the floor in 91. I'm glad MJ told the comittee if Isaah plays he doesn't for the dream team.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Lardbucket wrote:I didn't realize that the P.O.S.tons learned the leaving early bitch move from the Celtics. I'm not surprised about that fact, though.
The Celtics leaving wasent even close to what the pistons did, McHale shook hands with Thomas and only the starters left, The pistons entire team left out of embarrassment and it showed in the post game interviews, Big bad Chiefs bitch Lambier could only mutter "they won" to every question with a stupid little smirk, classless cocksuckers all of em' with the exception of Dumars.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

dtmfs wrote:
Lardbucket wrote:I didn't realize that the P.O.S.tons learned the leaving early bitch move from the Celtics. I'm not surprised about that fact, though.
The Celtics leaving wasent even close to what the pistons did, McHale shook hands with Thomas and only the starters left, The pistons entire team left out of embarrassment and it showed in the post game interviews, Big bad Chiefs bitch Lambier could only mutter "they won" to every question with a stupid little smirk, classless cocksuckers all of em' with the exception of Dumars.
Uh, yeah...IT WAS. Bird and everyone else not named Mchale left and didn't wish anyone good luck.

Plus, the reason why Jordan was/is a fucking crybaby, gambling POS, is because they did it to him, and he did nothing but bad mouth them & whine about them for 4+ yrs to the league.

My how convenient it is for people to forget thinngs. He was also left off the DT for what reason? Jordan/Pippen whined that if he made it, they wouldn't play. Magic also had a role in that. I guess you're just mad because Jordas record against the Pistons is 1-3.

You dislike him, great. But he's arguably the greatest small point guard in the history of the game.

All you come across as in this post, is a whiny, butthurt, little bitch.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Never even liked Jordan but once He readied himself for the classless beatings He made the "bad boys" His bitch and Thomas was talented but He was a worthless cocksucker of a human being, He's been proving that for years, that's why the prick was left off the dream team. That documentary just proved what a lying asshole He was, I'm surprised He even took part in it, then again He isn't the brightest bulb He couldn't even get suicide right.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Never even liked Jordan but once He readied himself for the classless beatings He made the "bad boys" His bitch
How so, since his record against the Pistons in the playoffs is 1-3? He whined to the fucking league so much, they changed the defensive schemes, that could be used, so he could prosper. Looks like the only "bitch" here is Jordan, and his horrible record against the Pistons. "Classless beatings", 1 year they did that to him? What about in 1990, when he didn't shake anyones hand on the Pistons, or congratulate them for going to the finals?
Thomas was talented but He was a worthless cocksucker of a human being, He's been proving that for years, that's why the prick was left off the dream team.

LOL, No, it was for the reasons I mentioned. Again, I get it you don't like Thomas, but to say he wasn't/isn't a HOFer, shows just how fucking ignorant, and retarded you are. Even Clyde Drexler said isiah should've been on the team, and had he known how he was left off, he wouldn't have participated on the DT either.
That documentary just proved what a lying asshole He was,
What did he supposedly "lie" about, Explain please?
I'm surprised He even took part in it, then again He isn't the brightest bulb He couldn't even get suicide right.
Hmm, a documentary about a team he spent his whole career on? I think it's YOU who aren't the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

When did I say He wasn't a HOFer? I said nothing negative about his on the court talents at all, I do agree that He was a special player, Just a prick and it's obvious his peers with the exception of one Clyde Drexler pretty much thought the same. As far as him being a liar I'll just leave at this I don't believe him when He said He was being sarcastic about His comments on Bird, not to mention He in the polices' opinion threw his own daughter under the bus after his overdose, seems like someone who dosent like to own up to his own fuck ups so He tries to put them on others. Ride the sad boys nuts all You want but they were nothing compared to the Lakers, Celtics dynasties of the 80's or the Bulls of the 90's. They had a nice little run but they'll be remembered for their rough housing more than anything else.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

dtmfs wrote:When did I say He wasn't a HOFer? I said nothing negative about his on the court talents at all, I do agree that He was a special player, Just a prick and it's obvious his peers with the exception of one Clyde Drexler pretty much thought the same. As far as him being a liar I'll just leave at this I don't believe him when He said He was being sarcastic about His comments on Bird, not to mention He in the polices' opinion threw his own daughter under the bus after his overdose, seems like someone who dosent like to own up to his own fuck ups so He tries to put them on others. Ride the sad boys nuts all You want but they were nothing compared to the Lakers, Celtics dynasties of the 80's or the Bulls of the 90's. They had a nice little run but they'll be remembered for their rough housing more than anything else.

Blah Blah Blah...so you claim he's a liar, but then when called on it, you then use some lame excuse?

That's your opinion of course. I would say going to 3 straight NBAF's & winning 2 out of 3 is a big deal. So what about the decade...they still have 2 more than most of the other teams you mentioned outside of L.A. and Boston. Your man crush Jordan doesn't have any titles in the 80s. Oh, and you referred to him as "pretty good", he was much better than "pretty good". Boston has more than anyone else title wise, what's your point?

So, how again did Jordan make them his "bitch" as you tried claiming earlier, when it was pointed out to you that he was 1-3 against them? Also, more folks than just Clyde Drexler feel Isiah is very good. Jordan is a fucking POS, douchebag, but he's a fantastic basketball player. Hell, the guy got his fucking dad killed, because he's a greedy fucker. You ever wonder why he "suddenly retired" from basketball to pursue a baseball career? Because he had a very bad gambling problem, and the league didn't want him to get busted, so they told him to take some time off.

Dickhead Jordan whined like a little bitch during his HOF speech, he was more bothered by that shit than anyone else.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

lemmysmole wrote: Blah Blah Blah...so you claim he's a liar, but then when called on it, you then use some lame excuse?

That's your opinion of course. I would say going to 3 straight NBAF's & winning 2 out of 3 is a big deal. So what about the decade...they still have 2 more than most of the other teams you mentioned outside of L.A. and Boston. Your man crush Jordan doesn't have any titles in the 80s. Oh, and you referred to him as "pretty good", he was much better than "pretty good". Boston has more than anyone else title wise, what's your point?

So, how again did Jordan make them his "bitch" as you tried claiming earlier, when it was pointed out to you that he was 1-3 against them? Also, more folks than just Clyde Drexler feel Isiah is very good. Jordan is a fucking POS, douchebag, but he's a fantastic basketball player. Hell, the guy got his fucking dad killed, because he's a greedy fucker. You ever wonder why he "suddenly retired" from basketball to pursue a baseball career? Because he had a very bad gambling problem, and the league didn't want him to get busted, so they told him to take some time off.

Dickhead Jordan whined like a little bitch during his HOF speech, he was more bothered by that shit than anyone else.
:lol: It seems to drive You nuts that I personally don't like Thomas Yet Your hatred for Jordan runs a hell of a lot deeper, and You keep making shit up, I never said Thomas wasn't a HOFer and I also said I never cared for Jordan, I'm a fucking Celtics fan I never liked Jordan But like Thomas I respected his play on the court, both are pretty worthless people off of it. Damn good proof in this thread, as You said Jordan got his father whacked and Thomas threw his daughter under the bus. Aint no denying that Both Bird and Jordan will always be remembered as the better players though. Funny You brought up Jordans tears though after that doc that's how I'll always remember the sad boys.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Jordan is a miserable turd of a human being but didn't have anything to do with his fathers passing.

$tevil
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

:lol: It seems to drive You nuts that I personally don't like Thomas Yet Your hatred for Jordan runs a hell of a lot deeper, and You keep making shit up, I never said Thomas wasn't a HOFer and I also said I never cared for Jordan, I'm a fucking Celtics fan I never liked Jordan But like Thomas I respected his play on the court, both are pretty worthless people off of it.

LOL, you're the one who whined about how you didn't like Thomas, and that he was "Classless"...I really don't give a fuck whether you like him, hate him, whatever. You're even more butt hurt that someone corrected you on your bullshit.

Damn good proof in this thread, as You said Jordan got his father whacked and Thomas threw his daughter under the bus.

Never mentioned anything about Thomas "throwing his daughter under the bus" did I, that was you, you delusional, lying, failed abortion.

Aint no denying that Both Bird and Jordan will always be remembered as the better players though.

LOL, Especially since Bird is a forward and Jordan was/is a shooting guard(both different positions than what Thomas played)and Thomas was a point guard, you dumb fuck. That's like saying Wilt was a better player than John Stockton.

Bill Russell's better than them all, since he has 11 rings, so what's your point?

Funny You brought up Jordans tears though after that doc that's how I'll always remember the sad boys.

That doc was released after Jordan's infamous HOF speech, and whineyness.

Sad boys they might be, but they have a winning record against Jordan, something your Celtics do not.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

dtmfs wrote:

Incorrect yet again!! ALL but Dumars and Salley left, not the "entire team".
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

lemmysmole wrote:
:lol: It seems to drive You nuts that I personally don't like Thomas Yet Your hatred for Jordan runs a hell of a lot deeper, and You keep making shit up, I never said Thomas wasn't a HOFer and I also said I never cared for Jordan, I'm a fucking Celtics fan I never liked Jordan But like Thomas I respected his play on the court, both are pretty worthless people off of it.

LOL, you're the one who whined about how you didn't like Thomas, and that he was "Classless"...I really don't give a fuck whether you like him, hate him, whatever. You're even more butt hurt that someone corrected you on your bullshit.

Damn good proof in this thread, as You said Jordan got his father whacked and Thomas threw his daughter under the bus.

Never mentioned anything about Thomas "throwing his daughter under the bus" did I, that was you, you delusional, lying, failed abortion.

Aint no denying that Both Bird and Jordan will always be remembered as the better players though.

LOL, Especially since Bird is a forward and Jordan was/is a shooting guard(both different positions than what Thomas played)and Thomas was a point guard, you dumb fuck. That's like saying Wilt was a better player than John Stockton.

Bill Russell's better than them all, since he has 11 rings, so what's your point?

Funny You brought up Jordans tears though after that doc that's how I'll always remember the sad boys.

That doc was released after Jordan's infamous HOF speech, and whineyness.

Sad boys they might be, but they have a winning record against Jordan, something your Celtics do not.

For fuck sakes I know I brought up the part about him throwing his daughter under the bus, in fact I said it was a police officers opinion, never said You did, simply stating 2 reasons brought up in this thread of why they would be considered assholes. I also wasn't comparing him to those guys based on their positions obviously, but If I were to rank him all time as a pg I'd have him 3rd at best behind Magic and Oscar which is pretty good because as I said I'm not judging him on his play but his character.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

For fuck sakes I know I brought up the part about him throwing his daughter under the bus, in fact I said it was a police officers opinion, never said You did, simply stating 2 reasons brought up in this thread of why they would be considered assholes.
Pippens probably the biggest POS/asshole of them all/ Jordan holding a grudge against Thomas all these years, for something that he assumed Thomas had a hand in(which later Thomas said he didn't, and Jordan agreed), makes MJ a huge douche bag too.
I also wasn't comparing him to those guys based on their positions obviously, but If I were to rank him all time as a pg I'd have him 3rd at best behind Magic and Oscar which is pretty good because as I said I'm not judging him on his play but his character.
Ah, but you actually DID "compare them" above, when you said "aint no denying that Bird and Jordan will be remembered as better players".

You're assessment though, and ranking isn't too far off from mine as far as PG's go. I think Magic's the greatest player ever, and I've seen many many play(Bird/Drexler/Nique/Jordan/Magic/Kareem/Dr J/Barkley).

For his size, I don't think there was a better all around guard than Isiah(maybe Dumars, but Joe was 3 inches taller than Zeke). Of course this is just MY opinion.

You're opinion of Zeke, is probably similar to mine about Tiger Woods.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

lemmysmole wrote: Pippens probably the biggest POS/asshole of them all/ Jordan holding a grudge against Thomas all these years, for something that he assumed Thomas had a hand in(which later Thomas said he didn't, and Jordan agreed), makes MJ a huge douche bag too.
I also wasn't comparing him to those guys based on their positions obviously, but If I were to rank him all time as a pg I'd have him 3rd at best behind Magic and Oscar which is pretty good because as I said I'm not judging him on his play but his character.
Ah, but you actually DID "compare them" above, when you said "aint no denying that Bird and Jordan will be remembered as better players".

You're assessment though, and ranking isn't too far off from mine as far as PG's go. I think Magic's the greatest player ever, and I've seen many many play(Bird/Drexler/Nique/Jordan/Magic/Kareem/Dr J/Barkley).

For his size, I don't think there was a better all around guard than Isiah(maybe Dumars, but Joe was 3 inches taller than Zeke). Of course this is just MY opinion.

You're opinion of Zeke, is probably similar to mine about Tiger Woods.
I never liked Pippen and don't like Woods either nor do I hate Thomas with a passion or anything, He like many athletes just did some pretty sketchy shit is all.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

dtmfs wrote:
I never liked Pippen and don't like Woods either nor do I hate Thomas with a passion or anything, He like many athletes just did some pretty sketchy shit is all.

Many folks besides Thomas have done some shady shit to folks, so i agree with you there. But, let's not single Thomas out. Jordan/Pippen have done some shady shit too.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

While the Pistons deserved their rings, their behavior all throughout was douchey. (And they'd have another ring, if Zeke didn't panic.)

Even today, they have the perfect bully pulpit position. If the NBA wants to recognize past teams and don't invite the Bad Boys, they can say "Waah, you don't like us."

If they do invite them, they won't show up, saying "Waah, you never liked us."

Oh, and a message to Mr. Aguirre - Fuck You. AD was the better player. Even at his advanced age. Period.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

(And they'd have another ring, if Zeke didn't panic.)
Curious how a phantom foul on Laimbeer, and AD going down in 88, has has anything to do with Thomas "panicking'?
Oh, and a message to Mr. Aguirre - Fuck You. AD was the better player. Even at his advanced age. Period.
Maybe so, but they didn't win shit w/AD...They get Aguirre, they win 2 rings.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

lemmysmole wrote:
Never even liked Jordan but once He readied himself for the classless beatings He made the "bad boys" His bitch
How so, since his record against the Pistons in the playoffs is 1-3?

How about because he crushed them in that 1? And after three years of putting themselves forward as being tough as nails, they couldn't handle it - and never did anything thereafter, while he went on to three titles. After all that talk about ending the Lakers and the Celtics dynasties, he did the same to them. That's basically the definition of being made his bitch.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

demolition23 wrote:
lemmysmole wrote:
How so, since his record against the Pistons in the playoffs is 1-3?

How about because he crushed them in that 1? And after three years of putting themselves forward as being tough as nails, they couldn't handle it - and never did anything thereafter, while he went on to three titles. After all that talk about ending the Lakers and the Celtics dynasties, he did the same to them. That's basically the definition of being made his bitch.

LOL, What about how they "crushed HIM" the other 3 times they played him? Your math is a bit off, you should try remedial math. 1-3 against someone isn't "crushing/dominating/etc" anyone...that's getting your ass handed to you.

What couldn't they handle, explain? they'd already beaten him 3 out of 4 times, some people just can't seem to comprehend that he's a loser when he played against the Pistons.

Never did anything after? Kind of hard to when most of your team retires/isn't there 1-2 yrs after he supposedly "dominates". LOL, same case can be made for the Bulls since he's retired. Except....the Pistons have gone to 2 NBA Finals where they won one and lost one. They also went to 6 straight ECF's......I haven't seen the Bulls do shit since 98....and I doubt anyone else will in this lifetime. It's cool to be a hater.

Jordan was/is a whiney little bitch, and went to the league and cried about how he couldn't beat the Pistons, so they changed the defensive rules to benefit him. You do remember "the Jordan Rules" right? explain what that was for all of the folks who don't know?

So no, at NO TIME did Jordan ever make any Piston his "bitch". Dumars and Rodman made him their bitch, and too bad you can't seem to deal with that.

Besides, Jordan couldn't carry Bill Russells shoes to the court, or his 11 rings.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

lemmysmole wrote: Many folks besides Thomas have done some shady shit to folks, so i agree with you there. But, let's not single Thomas out. Jordan/Pippen have done some shady shit too.
Oh I agree, the sports world is littered with shady fuckers, Didn't mean to single him out, I guess I did it because He was the leader. And haven't thought about that stuff for awhile. He was on Espn last week and I actually agreed with him about LeBron's cramping problem, like I said I don't hate the guy, it's not like He's Rae Carruth or Aaron Hernandez or anything.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

lemmysmole wrote:
LOL, What about how they "crushed HIM" the other 3 times they played him? Your math is a bit off, you should try remedial math. 1-3 against someone isn't "crushing/dominating/etc" anyone...that's getting your ass handed to you.
I loved the documentary because it did a great job showing the hell the Pistons put Mike through. I had forgotten how tough they were on him and the rest of the Bulls. It's really the only time I remember hating a team. The Pistons knew what it took to get into MJs head and they did it. Repeatedly. They literally beat the shit out of him. Unapologetically. They weren't the most talented team by any means but they understood how to win. And they did.

I think the casual fan that hated Detroit simply didn't understand what was happening because they'd never seen the game played that way before. I have a ton more respect for that team now after seeing the 30 for 30 because each player explained exactly what they were doing and why.

$tevil
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

johnk5150 wrote:
lemmysmole wrote:
I loved the documentary because it did a great job showing the hell the Pistons put Mike through. I had forgotten how tough they were on him and the rest of the Bulls. It's really the only time I remember hating a team. The Pistons knew what it took to get into MJs head and they did it. Repeatedly. They literally beat the shit out of him. Unapologetically. They weren't the most talented team by any means but they understood how to win. And they did.

I think the casual fan that hated Detroit simply didn't understand what was happening because they'd never seen the game played that way before. I have a ton more respect for that team now after seeing the 30 for 30 because each player explained exactly what they were doing and why.

They should be a model of great defense. I get the thug basketball stuff was a bit over the top, but they were known for playing tremendous defense. The league has softened on teams playing defense, now they want 135-134 scores every night, and guys scoring 60+ against shitty teams, who don't play defense. It's refrshing to watch a team like the Spurs play.

To deny their greatness as a team, shows how ignorant many are.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Finally saw the film. Another great movie by ESPN. All this series does is
deliver the goods. I was never a fan of this team but respected them for how they played. Was occasionally fun to see them get into fights with other teams. Especially against the Celtics.
The game cannot be played like that these days. Players would complain to their agents and tweet about how they were pushed harshly on the court.

Why is Isiah hated so much? IMO, the treatment is well deserved.
Dream Team did not need Isiah. There was no room on the roster. Sad but true. Isiah was not deserving of a spot on that team. Is there any question about that?
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:Finally saw the film. Another great movie by ESPN. All this series does is
deliver the goods. I was never a fan of this team but respected them for how they played. Was occasionally fun to see them get into fights with other teams. Especially against the Celtics.
The game cannot be played like that these days. Players would complain to their agents and tweet about how they were pushed harshly on the court.

Dream Team did not need Isiah. There was no room on the roster. Sad but true. Isiah was not deserving of a spot on that team. Is there any question about that?
Nope. No question at all. That's why it's still talked about 23 years later.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:Finally saw the film. Another great movie by ESPN. All this series does is

Nope. No question at all. That's why it's still talked about 23 years later.
A new week and you are still a tool. CONGRATS!
monkeyboy32
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by monkeyboy32 »

I'll never believe that John Stockton deserved a spot on that team more than Isiah. You don't seriously believe Stockton was a better player at that point do you? Hell, was Stockton ever a better player than Isiah???
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

johnk5150 wrote:
lemmysmole wrote:

Bingo.