Any Love For The College Game?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Re: Any Love For The College Game?

Post by DaveB »

I still don't understand what you mean by me pointing out that "everything was fine." What was "fine?" My only point is that the SEC is the dominate conference in NCAA football.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

I asked:

"So they average about a 6-3 record in bowl games so 5 or 6 of their teams should be crammed into the top ten?"

You replied:

"In the past ten seasons, SEC teams have the highest winning percentage in bowl games of all conferences involved."

Now it's obvious these teams didn't belong in the top ten and surely not the top 4. But you had their back then but our now claiming you told us all they would beat each other up.

You're ridiculous.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

DaveB wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:SEC Honks, I won't tell you I told you so...

BUT I TOLD YOU SO!!

This is why you cheer for one team. Not 14.
You're late to the party. I really expected to see you after ND beat LSU.

This has been a funny post season so far though. It didn't surprise me that TCU won. It did surprise me that Ole Miss got dismantled like they did though. TCU totally made them their bitch. And as I said, I gave that one up because I wanted to see TCU do exactly what they did as to give a big, "FUCK YOU" to the selection committee.

Didn't think ND was a better team than LSU. DEFINITELY didn't think that GT was going to beat Miss St.

On the flipside, it was the "iffy" SEC teams that took the wins. South Carolina has been weak all year and they pull one out. The A&M game could have went either way. Then you have Arkansas that looked like a doormat at the beginning of the season that totally turned their season around. Georgia taking care of Louisville wasn't a surprise though. Chubb has to be cleaning off a spot for next year's Heisman already.

So currently we have the SEC standing at 4-3 with five and possibly six more games left.

So NeverSurrender...you might want to hold off on the "I TOLD YOU SO" until everything is wrapped up.
I hadn't seen Mississippi state play all year, but during that Orange Bowl holy shit did their defense suck. A shoulder bump is a poor substitute for a tackle. Didn't I read (on ESPN, which other outlets picked up) they were supposed to have one of the best defenses in the country?

As for South Carolina, I went to college there and I even knew we would always suck. They have always been iffy. I had to be in marching band so I had to go to every game. Every fucking game. We sucked then, we sucked now. USC will never be a good team and everybody in Columbia knows that. We win the occasional bowl game, so what. The residents don't care, they have nothing else in their lives. Lou Holtz couldn't even do anything with that program. USC is a joke.

The point of this thread is to say the SEC SUCKS THIS YEAR. Sorry ESPN, I am so fucking sorry you made a 3 billion dollar deal or whatever for an SEC "channel" and now you have nothing else to talk about because they suck, even during the orange bowl. I have never heard as much radio silence as I did during the Tech game last night. It was PATHETIC. Tech outplayed Miss State, as they did UGA not too long ago. Fuck ESPN.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

It's time. Let's go, Noles.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Anyone watch Wisconsin/Auburn? Damn! Gordon put on an absolute clinic today! 34 carries, 251 yards and 3 TD's. That was fun to watch even if I am an SEC fan. I can appreciate good performances no matter what.

And Michigan State...WHAT THE FUCK??? Are you kidding me?? I thought that damn game was over and they pull off a MONSTER comeback!
Anne_Thrax

Post by Anne_Thrax »

DaveB wrote:Anyone watch Wisconsin/Auburn? Damn! Gordon put on an absolute clinic today! 34 carries, 251 yards and 3 TD's. That was fun to watch even if I am an SEC fan. I can appreciate good performances no matter what.

And Michigan State...WHAT THE FUCK??? Are you kidding me?? I thought that damn game was over and they pull off a MONSTER comeback!
The SEC sucks this year
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Anne_Thrax wrote:
DaveB wrote:Anyone watch Wisconsin/Auburn? Damn! Gordon put on an absolute clinic today! 34 carries, 251 yards and 3 TD's. That was fun to watch even if I am an SEC fan. I can appreciate good performances no matter what.

The SEC sucks this year
Down? Yes. Sucks? No.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Don't worry, SEC tards, you can hang your hat on the fact your runner up beat the 5th best team in the big 10.

Overrated.

And after throwing the SEC East under the bus all year, now the SEC tards are championing that part of the conference. This will teach you idiots not to have 14 favorite teams.
Anne_Thrax

Post by Anne_Thrax »

DaveB wrote:
Anne_Thrax wrote:

The SEC sucks this year
Down? Yes. Sucks? No.
The amount of fans (which equal sponsorship) does not equal a good conference. SEC fans are in the fucking boonies and have nothing better to do with their lives, everybody knows that. This conference got it's ass handed to it this year. ESPN is pissed because they coughed up the equivalent of a small african country's GDP to have an SEC channel.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Anne_Thrax wrote: The amount of fans (which equal sponsorship) does not equal a good conference.
Correct. Fans does not equal a good conference.

This does...

National Championships Within the BCS Era:

SEC: 9 Alabama (3), Florida (2), LSU (2), Tennessee, Auburn.
BIG 12: 2 Oklahoma, Texas.
ACC: 2 Florida State (2).
Big East: 1 Miami.
Big 10: 1 Ohio State
Pac 12: 1 USC (Title vacated)

I know that our friend NeverSurrender hates when I pull out cold hard facts...but....
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Holy shit FSU can't hold onto the ball. This is getting out of hand.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

eddie lee roth wrote:Holy shit FSU can't hold onto the ball. This is getting out of hand.
But they haven't lost in TWO season!!! They're the defending national champions!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Is Jameis Winston the next RGIII or the next Clowney? He very well could be the
next Johnny Manziel.
Assuming Winston declares for the NFL draft this month, do you pick him if you are TB?

I stay away from the kid. Texans made a huge misttake with Clowney, Browns made a mistake by drafting an alcoholic and entitled person like Manziel.
Winston to me appears to be another journeymen QB that if pressed into the starting QB position will fail consistently.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Winston will never be successful in the NFL.

But what mistake did the Texans make with Clowney? Didn't he tear an ACL or something?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DaveB wrote:Winston will never be successful in the NFL.

But what mistake did the Texans make with Clowney? Didn't he tear an ACL or something?
Clowney had lazy and bust written all over him before the draft. His reputation at SC where took plays and games off was very well known.
His performance during the NFL season was awful. Despite him getting sick and hurting his knee again, the guy is a bust and will not have anywhere near the 1st rounder impact Houston was hoping for.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:It's time. Let's go, Noles.
The Noles have no class. Over half of the players left the field instead of shaking hands with
Oregon. I give credit to Winston for staying on the sidelines until the very end and for shaking hands to congratulate Oregon players.
Last edited by Machado on Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Yeah, that was a real dick move. ESPN said 70% of the players just left the field. Douche bags.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Ran into a buzz saw. Wow.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

OSU 42 Alabama 35 :lol:
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

DAMN! What an absolutely AMAZING day of football! Yeah, sucks that the SEC is out but as a fan of the game, you can NOT ask for a better bunch of games than what we have seen today!

NeverSurrender in 3...2...1....
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted. No one expected Alabama to come back from the loss to Ole Miss, and yet here they were, in a Playoff Bowl game. Ohio State played Alabama football just a bit better than Alabama did tonight. Now its on to next year for the Tide, and I`m sure they will be back and good as ever in 2015.

Hats off to Ohio State..they did everything right in order to win tonight. Now, the question is, who do I root for in the Championship? Sorry, but I just cant root for an Urban Myer team...so I will begrudgingly root for the Ducks...quack quack...Aflac?

It was good to see FSU eat a bag of dicks and get the shit kicked out of themselves...classless as hell for the team to not stop and shake hands, but what do you expect.

For NeverSurrender..I dont give a fuck about the SEC taking losses in Bowl Games...EVERY team loses at some point, doesnt make their conference any better or worse. I root for the Crimson Tide first, last and forever...good or bad, winning or losing. I will see them with another championship, most likely within the next 3 years if recruiting classes keep going the way they have been...who is it you root for?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

DaveB wrote:DAMN! What an absolutely AMAZING day of football! Yeah, sucks that the SEC is out but as a fan of the game, you can NOT ask for a better bunch of games than what we have seen today!

It was a great day for college football!!! I'm from Oregon, so yeah....loved that they stomped FSU so spectacularly. The Ohio/Alabama game was just great football down to the wire.

Also being from Oregon, fuck the SEC. :D Of course, also being from Oregon, I'm not going to be surprised if the Ducks don't win. But then I'm a Beaver alumna. I know the heartbreak. :lol:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

vlad wrote:
DaveB wrote:DAMN! What an absolutely AMAZING day of football! Yeah, sucks that the SEC is out but as a fan of the game, you can NOT ask for a better bunch of games than what we have seen today!

It was a great day for college football!!! I'm from Oregon, so yeah....loved that they stomped FSU so spectacularly. The Ohio/Alabama game was just great football down to the wire.

Also being from Oregon, fuck the SEC. :D Of course, also being from Oregon, I'm not going to be surprised if the Ducks don't win. But then I'm a Beaver alumna. I know the heartbreak. :lol:
Absolutely great for college football! It's my favorite game...that's why I started the thread in the first place. And while I'm definitely a fan of the SEC, I'm a bigger fan of the game and if you're a pure lover of the game, today was like Christmas for a ten year old. A Bama win would have made it perfect but that was an excellent game and while I can't stand OSU, I have the utmost respect for what they did.

Kentucky is my team so it's still going to be a few years before we really put it together on the football field. We're getting there though.

As for Oregon, when my son was seven or eight, he got into the Ducks for some reason...probably because of the mascot. I couldn't help but root along with him as well so I became a bit of a fan. I've been saying for a while that they would be the team to beat and I still think that to be the case.

Amazing day!
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

This will make my work day tomorrow morning so much easier . . .
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

eddie lee roth wrote:OSU 42 Alabama 35 :lol:
Alabama fans have a new slogan..."Roll Tears Roll!"

During any Alabama game, the cameras pan across the stadium and you see these inbred mouth breathing cousin fucking Crimson Tide fans holding aloft rolls of toilet paper and boxes of Tide (yeah, we get it..."Roll Tide!" :roll: ). The ironic thing is that no one in that godforsaken shithole of a state uses either one! But how do they keep their KKK robes so damn white? Alabama...the state that only honors Martin Luther King Day by "sharing" it with Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

ROLL FUCKING TURD!
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

I'm not a Bama fan but jealousy is an absolute BITCH, ain't it?

The pure hatred toward a given school or, as we've seen, the entire conference, is truly the best gauge of where dominance really lies. The best programs always have targets on their backs.

I'm a Kentucky fan and while we've not had much to brag about on the field, we know a little about winning on the court. We get to hear all the hate too. Why? 'Cause we're the best at what we do and when we lose, people wallow in the satisfaction of seeing it happen.

So while the rest of you can bask in the glory of Bama's loss right now, I can assure you that their fans will wake up this morning a little teary-eyed but the fifteen national championships that they have go a long way in comforting the one loss from last night. Trust me on that one. Anytime someone talks smack about UK all I have to do is ask them how many banners they have hanging in their arena.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

DaveB wrote: So while the rest of you can bask in the glory of Bama's loss right now, I can assure you that their fans will wake up this morning a little teary-eyed but the fifteen national championships that they have go a long way in comforting the one loss from last night. Trust me on that one.
So what?

The Yankees have won 27 World Series. Doesn't make watching them lose any less enjoyable.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

BodyBagz wrote: Ohio State played Alabama football just a bit better than Alabama did tonight.
:roll: Is that what it really was? Last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match with you guys but c'mon man give it a rest.

Alabama got outplayed and outcoached. Football is football the university of Alabama doesn't own the copyright to it.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
DaveB wrote: So while the rest of you can bask in the glory of Bama's loss right now, I can assure you that their fans will wake up this morning a little teary-eyed but the fifteen national championships that they have go a long way in comforting the one loss from last night. Trust me on that one.
So what?

The Yankees have won 27 World Series. Doesn't make watching them lose any less enjoyable.
I don't disagree with that at all. I used to work with a guy who was an absolutely obnoxious Bama fan and for years, I absolutely loathed them because of it. So I used to love it when they lost too. It was enjoyable. But that's not what I'm talking about. My point is that at the end of the day, Bama fans or Yankee fans or Kentucky fans can bask in the glory that their team is a dynasty.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

DaveB wrote:My point is that at the end of the day, Bama fans or Yankee fans or Kentucky fans can bask in the glory that their team is a dynasty.
Well yeah, but does that even need to be stated? Everyone knows that.

Let the haters have their day.

I'm an NFL guy, but I enjoyed watching the playoffs yesterday. Two great games. (Well, one and a half)