Who else has stopped going to NFL games?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Who else has stopped going to NFL games?

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

As an ex season ticket holder to the AZ Cardinals who has seen years of horrible football I have come to the conclusion on that attending NFL games as to become of the most horrible trailer park experiences I have been part of. The entire event is hell starting with the Neanderthals in the parking lot tossing the pigskin around and thier classless boyfriends. Constant fights in the stands and standing for 3 hours to watch 3 second plays. Football is much better on tv. Maybe I'm just jaded.... Nah
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Who else has stopped going to NFL games?

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Other than the fun pregaming, live football is underwhelming. Luckily most of the games I went to were at Veteran's Stadium so the people watching was at least interesting.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I go to a game or two per year. The live experience in a loud stadium is awesome. I think the quality of the experience greatly depends on what city you're in. Some teams and towns do it right, some don't.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I have been to a couple. Nothing to write home about because I am a broke POS and can't get actual decent seats. But, all sports events suck now.. Fucking charge an arm and a leg for shit food, flat beer, etc.. It bullshit.

Just stay at home now, or hit the bar. Way better.
bane

Post by bane »

Bludegeon wrote:I have been to a couple. Nothing to write home about because I am a broke POS and can't get actual decent seats. But, all sports events suck now.. Fucking charge an arm and a leg for shit food, flat beer, etc.. It bullshit.

Just stay at home now, or hit the bar. Way better.
That stadium is beautiful, but it's too damn big. If you're gonna sit in the nosebleeds and watch the game on that gigantic screen because you're too far away to see the field, you may as well watch it at home.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I've made a couple Lions games and both times everything was great, in Fucking Detroit obviously. No morons or drunks, no fights etc...
scarred but smarter
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

I love going to games and try to make it to Maryland a couple times a season to catch a Skins game.

This season though....
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

I've been to one game at Soldier Field (back when Don Majkowski was the Packers' QB). That was enough of Soldier Field for me. I'd like to see a game at Lambeau, but I much prefer watching a game at home or at a bar.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Stopped. It was nice at the time but now it's not as interesting...Emotional...Go team go.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Andy Rooney
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

I've only been to two games ever.
Tailgating was the best part.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

This shit is horrible. Horrible refs, guys who can't tackle, pink shoes, horrible corporate watered down product that's way too expensive.

I still watch the Vikes play, but even that isn't fun anymore. I went to my frst game in 5 years for the Vikes - Saints game, but that's only because I love NOLA. i RARELY WATCH ANY OTHER NFL GAMES ANYMORE, IT BLOWS.
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Mirrored_Iceman »

I stopped going around 2006. Just too much BS anymore at the stadium. I used to go to the Vet when it was still around, and then went to the Linc when it opened. It is just insane the amount of money you can spend in one day at a game, parking, ticket, food, beer, etc. Not to mention having to deal with drunk assholes that ruin the game for everyone. I watch at home, on my couch, beer in hand, 50" plasma with surround sound and I turn off the stupid announcers on the tv and put on the radio and listen to Eagles play by play.
....Those who live by

the Sludge die by the Sludge....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/arsace13/m.html ... 7675.l4064
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Mirrored_Iceman wrote:I stopped going around 2006. Just too much BS anymore at the stadium. I used to go to the Vet when it was still around, and then went to the Linc when it opened. It is just insane the amount of money you can spend in one day at a game, parking, ticket, food, beer, etc. Not to mention having to deal with drunk assholes that ruin the game for everyone. I watch at home, on my couch, beer in hand, 50" plasma with surround sound and I turn off the stupid announcers on the tv and put on the radio and listen to Eagles play by play.
Do you think that the prices at the Linc scared off the old school 700 level fans from the Vet? I saw some horrendous shit at the games I went to but I never got to see a game at the "new" stadium.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Haven't been to a game since I got my first HDTV ten years ago. Won't be going to another.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

I've been to two NFL games. I covered a Bengals game once when I was working in TV and won tickets to watch the Colts a couple of years ago.

I don't know about other markets, but the cheapest tickets you can get to watch Indy are $56 for upper endzone. Lucas Oil seats 67,000 and they seem to have about 60,000 different ticket prices. For a decent seat somewhere around midway up will cost you no less than $180. "Good" seats will run you about $500.

Sorry...my living room suits me just fine.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DaveB wrote:I don't know about other markets, but the cheapest tickets you can get to watch Indy are $56 for upper endzone. Lucas Oil seats 67,000 and they seem to have about 60,000 different ticket prices. For a decent seat somewhere around midway up will cost you no less than $180. "Good" seats will run you about $500.

Sorry...my living room suits me just fine.
The idea that for the price of good seats and a full day at the stadium you could buy a large TV, the NFL pass, a couch including beer and food is insane.

The only time I'd entertain the thought of watching a live game is if I'm in a new city for work or vacation. Even then it's a reach, I'd probably hang around late looking for cheap scalpers.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Mirrored_Iceman »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Mirrored_Iceman wrote:I stopped going around 2006. Just too much BS anymore at the stadium. I used to go to the Vet when it was still around, and then went to the Linc when it opened. It is just insane the amount of money you can spend in one day at a game, parking, ticket, food, beer, etc. Not to mention having to deal with drunk assholes that ruin the game for everyone. I watch at home, on my couch, beer in hand, 50" plasma with surround sound and I turn off the stupid announcers on the tv and put on the radio and listen to Eagles play by play.
Do you think that the prices at the Linc scared off the old school 700 level fans from the Vet? I saw some horrendous shit at the games I went to but I never got to see a game at the "new" stadium.
Yes, I do. Seat licenses, on top of season tickets have priced the common man out of the stadium. I was getting playoff tickets when Donovan and company made there run back in 2001 to 2006. I remember the Vet tix were about $20.00 cheaper than the next year at the Linc. And every year after the kept going up on the face value. Now playoff tix across the board for the NFL, I believe, are the same price no matter what stadium you go to. But the actual game tix price took the 700 level diehards out their seats.
....Those who live by

the Sludge die by the Sludge....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/arsace13/m.html ... 7675.l4064
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

I failed to mention that "great" seats for the Colts will run you around $1,200.
bane

Post by bane »

For 1200 bucks you'd better be sitting on the bench comparing notes with Andrew Luck. That's ridiculous. There really aren't any bad seats at NRG but you can get good ones for around 200 on stubhub anytime.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

nerver stop going to Chargers games, the drive,the city,the games for 40-70$,good parking,fans are not morons, games over to enjoy San Diego nightlife.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
gatomike
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by gatomike »

LAglamrocker wrote:nerver stop going to Chargers games, the drive,the city,the games for 40-70$,good parking,fans are not morons, games over to enjoy San Diego nightlife.

When the Raiders come to town there are plenty of fans that are morons at the Chargers games.
Scandal2000
Headlining Clubs

Post by Scandal2000 »

The couch at home is still the best place to see a sporting event most of the time. That being said, I would much rather go to an NFL game than a college game. The behavior at college games is even worse.