The Unofficial "The Cubs Don't Suck Anymore" Thread!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The Unofficial "The Cubs Don't Suck Anymore" Thread!!

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:5 game win streak.....20-15 overall. Not bad for these youngsters, especially with their crappy bullpen.

BTW, if the season ended today, the Cubs would get the 1st Wild Card spot.
Good thing the season does not end today. 162 games pal. That gives the Cubs
many opportunitites to suck(again).
Interesting to see such a pathetic franchise getting excited about
being 5 game over after 35 games. LOL
You are such a flaming asshole.
You are such a miserable person.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

It's good for the Cub's to have some life and give the fans hope, it makes the world a better place.

As long as they just miss the playoffs or swept in the first WC round........ :oops:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Leppardmania »

Cubs win 17-0 over the Tribe last night.......7 games over .500 and currently hold the 2nd NL wild card spot.......doing even better than I expected at this point.

RambOWNED!!!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Leppardmania wrote:Cubs win 17-0 over the Tribe last night.......7 games over .500 and currently hold the 2nd NL wild card spot.......doing even better than I expected at this point.
They have such a good, young team. I think they might get the WC. Next year I think they win the Central.

I also thought Seattle would be the team to beat in the AL, and Houston was still a year away from being ready :lol: So there's that.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Just beat the Dodgers with Kernshaw/Grienke on the hill in back to back nights.....9 games over .500!!

RambOWNED!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Leppardmania wrote:Just beat the Dodgers with Kernshaw/Grienke on the hill in back to back nights.....9 games over .500!!

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

CUBS 2 DODGERS 5 June 24. Dodgers win Dodgers win! Hooray! Excitement ensues!

When was the last time the CUBS went to the playoffs? That's right I almost forgot.

2008 NL Division Series Los Angeles Dodgers sweep the Cubs 3-0!
2007 NL Division Series Arizona Diamondbacks sweep the Cubs 3-0!

NL EAST
1st place Dodgers limping IR team in a long slump

NL Central
1st St. Louis
2nd Pittsburgh
3rd Cubs Sux = 7.5 games back

Last time the Cubs won the World Series? "Since some are not sure they have"
Cubs actually won the World Series in 1908! = 107 years and still counting "is that right?" :lol:

Women couldn't vote or have a credit cards in their own names. Blacks couldn't play baseball, it was almost 40 years before Jackie Robinson.

1908 picture, 107 years old! "The arrival of the last party out"...Should be the cubs motto.

1908 Thomas, new car the last time the Cubs won the World Series.

Just forget about the history, enjoy the mediocre season! Go Cards!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

How's that $155 MILLION dollar signing of Jon Lester working out? I mean other then he hasn't won in over a month since May 16th and the 3.80ERA 4W 5L ?

Maybe he'll finish off the series with the Dodgers since he's facing a 5th meatball pitcher that started the season on the farm pitching grapefruits.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:How's that $155 MILLION dollar signing of Jon Lester working out? I mean other then he hasn't won in over a month since May 16th and the 3.80ERA 4W 5L ?

Maybe he'll finish off the series with the Dodgers since he's facing a 5th meatball pitcher that started the season on the farm pitching grapefruits.
No MLB team should ever give a HUGE contract to a starting pitcher? Just look at the Yankees and C.C. That contract is not working out so well.
Lester is another example.
Verlander can also join that club. He is missing his next start with another injury.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I'm sure Lester will be fine, just seen the Dodger line up and don't know anyone. All back ups, No Agon, No Joc, no Ethier, no Pugy...And a farm pitcher.
Basically it's a given Lester should earn his money today so the Cub's don't unoffically suck anymore being in 3rd place 7.5 games back.

Excitement is in the air!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Well....I just turned it over to see Lester let the Dodgers backups load the bases in the 1st and put 2 on the board. OOPS! But the Cubby's bat's will beat up farmer Frais to help Lester pull it out.

Lester 2BB 2ER in the 1st. The exciting kids will do it and shut out Lester will show up. Feel the JUNE excitement!

Time to see what else is on, the Cub's got this.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:Well....I just turned it over to see Lester let the Dodgers backups load the bases in the 1st and put 2 on the board. OOPS! But the Cubby's bat's will beat up farmer Frais to help Lester pull it out.

Lester 2BB 2ER in the 1st. The exciting kids will do it and shut out Lester will show up. Feel the JUNE excitement!

Time to see what else is on, the Cub's got this.
The way you type reminds me of how Bartman catches a ball
:lol: :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:How's that $155 MILLION dollar signing of Jon Lester working out? I mean other then he hasn't won in over a month since May 16th and the 3.80ERA 4W 5L ?

No MLB team should ever give a HUGE contract to a starting pitcher? Just look at the Yankees and C.C. That contract is not working out so well.
Lester is another example.
Verlander can also join that club. He is missing his next start with another injury.
Like Masashiro Tanaka?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote:CUBS 2 DODGERS 5 June 24. Dodgers win Dodgers win! Hooray! Excitement ensues!
Cubs 0 Dodgers 4 June 25th. Dodgers win Dodgers win! Hooray! Excitement ensues!

155 Million Dollar Lester (4W 6L) = L 4IP 4ER 4BB 4.03ERA

Frias $476,994 (5W 5L) = W 5IP 0ER 3BB 4.31ERA

Dodgers backups shut out cubs, Lester still hasn't won since may 16th

Cubs 8 games back.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:I'm sure Lester will be fine, just seen the Dodger line up and don't know anyone. All back ups, No Agon, No Joc, no Ethier, no Pugy...And a farm pitcher.
Basically it's a given Lester should earn his money today so the Cub's don't unoffically suck anymore being in 3rd place 7.5 games back.

How did your prediction work out for you ace? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did Lester earn his money today or did he steal money again with another pathetic performing vs. the no name line-up of the Dodgers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:I'm sure Lester will be fine, just seen the Dodger line up and don't know anyone. All back ups, No Agon, No Joc, no Ethier, no Pugy...And a farm pitcher.

Did Lester earn his money today or did he steal money again with another pathetic performing vs. the no name line-up of the Dodgers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow. You have no concept of sarcasm.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

Wow. You have no concept of sarcasm.
Wait, you think he thought I was serious? I figured he knew I was joking, he used 6 emoticons. **EDIT** SIX EMOTICONS.

You know when you pull and put a new engine in a car you're always left with a few extra bolts? I think Machado's brain has the bolts but is missing the engine.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Lester will eventually pull it together and should finish .500 or just over a winning record. It's only Jun-ly. Maybe not the sweepstakes year they expected but he's had some good outings without support. Combined with his suckage outtings it makes for a hard time.

OK he hasn't panned out yet but he still has a lot of money, I mean years to make good. Premature to say he's a flop this soon.
wickedsensation

Post by wickedsensation »

UtahRatt wrote:How's that $155 MILLION dollar signing of Jon Lester working out?
Cubs fan here. Cannot believe they shelled out that kind of money for a guy who's too afraid to make a pick-off move. I was watching the game today and couldn't believe the Dodgers didn't run on him every chance they could...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:

That would be like Tanaka sitting on the DL. Did he earn his money for the MFY? Have fun missing the playoffs again. No more retirement tours.
wickedsensation

Post by wickedsensation »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

That would be like Tanaka sitting on the DL. Did he earn his money for the MFY? Have fun missing the playoffs again. No more retirement tours.
:lol:
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

Unlike the Cubs, at least the Yankees have legends they can celebrate and honor. All the Cubs had was Ernie Banks. Geez, how many seasons ago was that player relevant?
Cubs might as well honor the man with the cursed goat or Bartman because times are not getting any better @Wrigley
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: Unlike the Cubs, at least the Yankees have legends they can celebrate and honor. All the Cubs had was Ernie Banks. Geez, how many seasons ago was that player relevant?
Cubs might as well honor the man with the cursed goat or Bartman because times are not getting any better @Wrigley
You know you're a Yankee fan when all you can do is talk about past accomplishments. Things will be better at Wrigley before they will at Steinbrenner Stadium. Enjoy remaining the most expensive team to miss the playoffs again.

Matardo's posts are so much better when you read them in the Forrest Gump voice.

"They won a whole buncha times."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

If Machado replied every time he was made a fool of he would double his post count.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

And I thought the Ivy was fucking stupid after all these years. Is it a HR, is it a triple............It's a HR called a Triple.

When you're a baseball player, one of the most pleasant phrases you can hear is: "It's a home run!" Not so pleasant: "Or is it?"

But that's what happened to Justin Turner during Thursday's Dodgers-Cubs game. The L.A. third baseman thought he took Yoervis Medina deep, but Wrigley Field, having seen four runs scored by the visiting team already, had to draw the line somewhere. Seriously, the ball hit an actual yellow line

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/06/25/132 ... o-a-triple
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

June 30th Cubs 11.5 games out of first.

And out of the wild card spot........ :evil:
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

All the Cubs had was Ernie Banks.
Ryne Sandberg

RambOWNED!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Leppardmania wrote:
Ryne Sandberg
You mean that guy that never won anything in a Cubs uniform?

And the same guy who just quit his managerial job?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:
Ryne Sandberg
You mean that guy that never won anything in a Cubs uniform?

And the same guy who just quit his managerial job?
You really turn into a crotchety little bitch when your Yankees are a joke again, don't you "New Yorker?"

Speaking of which, what has Romo won again?