The Unofficial "The Cubs Don't Suck Anymore" Thread!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Re: The Unofficial "The Cubs Don't Suck Anymore" Thread!!

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

You know, for someone who constantly complains about board members and their noxious negativity, here's yet another example of you awash in it. Kicking someone when they're down, and relishing it, is not a positive action.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:You know, for someone who constantly complains about board members and their noxious negativity, here's yet another example of you awash in it. Kicking someone when they're down, and relishing it, is not a positive action.
:lol:

Its the Cubs who have not won since 1908. How can someone not kick them when they are down :lol:
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:
Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:You know, for someone who constantly complains about board members and their noxious negativity, here's yet another example of you awash in it. Kicking someone when they're down, and relishing it, is not a positive action.

Its the Cubs who have not won since 1908. How can someone not kick them when they are down :lol:
But what do you get from that behavior? A promotion at work? A hotter wife? You're not winning anything by reveling in others' sadness. You and people like you are the reason Cops has been on TV for 20 years and the first few weeks of American Idol have the highest ratings.

It's like being proud of shooting cripples.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:

But what do you get from that behavior? A promotion at work? A hotter wife? You're not winning anything by reveling in others' sadness. You and people like you are the reason Cops has been on TV for 20 years and the first few weeks of American Idol have the highest ratings.

It's like being proud of shooting cripples.
You're funny and a Cubs fans. 1 out of 2 is not so bad :lol:
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Funny how they're still better than NY and will be next year too.

Over a trillion dollars spent....ONE ring, a WS loss, more players on PEDs than the Seahawks, and the biggest choke job in sports history.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Funny how they're still better than NY and will be next year too.

Over a trillion dollars spent....ONE ring, a WS loss, more players on PEDs than the Seahawks, and the biggest choke job in sports history.
You forgot the most successful MLB franchise in the history of the game.

Which the Cubs cannot compete with. It's an unfair fight so let's just stop
the madness already before the Cubs fail again and again and again.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Funny how they're still better than NY and will be next year too.

I'm a Celtics fan but I don't hang on to the fact that they were dominating in the 50s and 60s. Each sport had that one team that ruled in those days. The Yankees in baseball, the Canadiens in hockey, and the Celtics in basketball. To sit and brag about dominating 60 years ago is fucking retarded.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

I'm a Celtics fan but I don't hang on to the fact that they were dominating in the 50s and 60s. Each sport had that one team that ruled in those days. The Yankees in baseball, the Canadiens in hockey, and the Celtics in basketball. To sit and brag about dominating 60 years ago is fucking retarded.
You forgot how the C's dominated in the 80's. I bet you didn't think I knew that huh? But I did :)
If there is one MLB Franchise that has no right to brag about a winning season, it would be the Cubs.

They have the right to brag and boast when they win a WS. Until that happens, they need to shut up and take their beatings.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:You forgot the most successful MLB franchise in the history of the game.

Machado wrote:I grew up rooting against all the local teams. I figure why root for the teams everybody else is. Makes sense yes?
Last Call for the Troll Band Wagon!!!!!!!!!! All Aboard!

----------------------------

I'm glad the CUBS lost, even sweeter they got swept. After all the fucking hype I couldn't take it.

Not that I need a reason but I hate the CUBS. I also only hate a few people in life and they happen to be loud mouth punk bitches who are FULL ON CUBS FANS. They dress in full CUBS gear and talk shit all season while never paying their bets. I never want those guys having the pleasure of seeing the CUBS win a WS, hate reason #163.
Started tossing visitor HR balls back #135. Don Zimmer #98. That stupid fucking Rain Forest ivy wall and the stadium #5. Steve Stone #76. Chip Caray#77. Eddie Vedder wanting the CUBS drought over and Pearl Jam writing a song about it #9.
The way Theo and the CUBS fired Rick Renteria was a bit rude, tampering, lame and funny #12, Theo #11.

I dug the players in the 80's and 90's but got so sick of having to watch baseball games on WGN while changing the channel during the 7th or being forced to hear that.....God love his slobbering soul Harry Caray sing during the stretch.....#21
It's like Atlanta and TBS, I loved watching those players in the 80's and 90's but that fucking CHANT and their announcers gave me turrets not to mention TED and Jane Fonda can blow me.

If I had to pick a moment of full on hating the CUBS is when they traded Greg Maddux. Just when Maddux was fully primed and had an unbelievable season they trade him to of all teams the fucking Braves. Those were the Zimmer years of underachieving teams. Insult to injury I was friends with Mike Morgan so the CUBS take Mike from LAD then dump Maddux.
Seriously, get rid of Maddux, give him to the Braves and take Morgan from LAD. I didn't see much of Mike after the trade, he had to move. But fuck that time frame with the CUBS. They had the players, the team sucked.

It's so typical they got swept. All the silly fans jumping up and down in fucking July about holding onto a wild card spot then you could hear a pin drop from September on. Weird, odd, funny......Pick one. So much for being happy with a WC spot. CUB FANS are a different bread, I respect their devotion and as a whole they're a decent fan base.
I hope the CUBS have a couple more without winning the WS then start selling and trading like always all those good young soon to be money contracts players.

But the CUBS STILL SUCK! Swept.........Fucking swept.....
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Page 3, July 3rd post......... :shock: :lol: 8) :oops:

UtahRatt wrote:July 1st The Chicano Cubs shut out the Mets 2-0, Lester = 7ip 0ER 7SO 3.74ER And still didn't get the WIN!

July 2nd The Cub beat the Mets 6-1........

The Cubs completed the 7-game season series sweep of Mets, their first such sweep of that many games since 1885.

But the win ensured the Cubs swept the season series from the Mets, winning all seven games against New York. According to the Cubs, the franchise hasn't swept a season series of at least that many games against an opponent since that faithful 1885 season.

That's 130 years ago! This is what baseball looked like:
http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/07/02/134 ... since-1885

Nicholas Scarpinato ·
Of course, one of the most important things that happened in 1885 is Marty McFly knocking out Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen. That was a great moment in the history of Hill Valley.
Reply · Like · 12
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

That is not the same Mets that swept the Cubs out of the playoffs.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:That is not the same Mets that swept the Cubs out of the playoffs.
Sure they are, the Met's needed an error and a blown manager call just to beat the dismal pieced together Dodgers. Now they're getting beat by a better KC team. The CUBS just got swept, again, there's no excuses. It's a pattern......

2015 - Cubs 97W Lost NLCS (4-0) vs Mets 90W = Swept
2008 - Cubs 97W Lost LDS (3-0) vs Dodgers 84W = Swept
2007 - Cubs 85W Lost LDS (3-0) vs Dbacks 90W = Swept
2003 - Cubs 88W Lost NLCS (4-3) vs Marlins 91W = Lost to the FISH
1998 - Cubs 90W Lost LDS (3-0) vs Braves 106W = Swept
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:That is not the same Mets that swept the Cubs out of the playoffs.
All for not, the CUBS wasn't expecting this good of a season. There was potential, they matured a year ahead of time, signed some players, went for broke and ended up having a great season. I don't think many expected them to get a wild card let alone go deep into the post season.

They finished 3rd in a tough division, made the WC, beat the Pirates then beat the favored Cardinals winning the NLDS. They wasn't expected too end up in the NLCS not to mention all the hype, support and excitement they brought along the way. It was an exciting year for the CUBS regardless of how it ended.

None of this will make CUB fans feel better but they exceeded expectations and have a lot to look forward too so enough with the boobing.

I hope it's not the same old CUBS story where they fall short over the next few years then start rebuilding when the contracts come up.
I've always felt the CUBS goal as an organization was to build a competitive team, not a championship team. In my life every time they'd be just a player or year away from being a monster they'd dump contracts and start rebuilding rather then going for broke.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

UtahRatt wrote: If I had to pick a moment of full on hating the CUBS is when they traded Greg Maddux. Just when Maddux was fully primed and had an unbelievable season they trade him to of all teams the fucking Braves. Those were the Zimmer years of underachieving teams. Insult to injury I was friends with Mike Morgan so the CUBS take Mike from LAD then dump Maddux.
Seriously, get rid of Maddux, give him to the Braves and take Morgan from LAD. I didn't see much of Mike after the trade, he had to move. But fuck that time frame with the CUBS. They had the players, the team sucked.
The Cubs didn't trade Maddux to Atlanta. He signed with them as a free agent.
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:The Cubs didn't trade Maddux to Atlanta. He signed with them as a free agent.
Traded, cut, let him go, whatever.....THE CUBS LET HIM WALK!

Maddux stated many times he wanted to stay in Chicago, there was a long negotiation and the CUBS had every opportunity to resign him. But the talks failed. The CUBS are totally responsible for letting Maddux slip away.
Were talking decades ago but I remember a lot of the story. It was a big deal and he was one of my favorite players. There's more to it then "just a free agent."

The CUBS simply didn't budge on price. I recall a few things, he wanted to stay in Chicago and tried to work it out but after the talks started to stall there was "a rumor" that Atlanta popped up as an option because the Braves was a solid winning organization willing to pay him. While the CUBS were constantly in the basement and tight on budget...They'd have 5 losing seasons followed by one good year then back to the cellar.

It was already clear Maddux was one of if not the best pitcher in baseball at the time...The Cubs should have opened the bank.

I hated the day Maddux went to the Braves but there's no way you can say it's just because he was a free agent. The CUBS every opportunity to resign him. He wasn't flying around talking to teams, he sat and talked to the CUBS for weeks before hearing out Atlanta.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:The Cubs didn't trade Maddux to Atlanta. He signed with them as a free agent.
Over a million dollars. Atlanta gets 191 wins over a measly million dollars. There are fans that still haven't set foot in Wrigley over that debacle.

$tevil
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Over a million dollars. Atlanta gets 191 wins over a measly million dollars. There are fans that still haven't set foot in Wrigley over that debacle.
One of the biggest WTF I can think of. The thing about Epstein's Cubs and the fans that are still pissed ( and rightly so ) about it. They are built for the long haul. They made it to the NLCS this year, with their youth and inexperience their failure was predicted. The Cubs are going to be competitive for a very long time.

Theo and Hoyer built the exact same thing in Boston. Their first year there what happened? Remember the next? I think Chicago probably feels like the Red Sox did in '03. "We were the better team." I also believe they're going to start '16 pissed off about it. What's brewing in Wrigley is very scary.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Shit that brings back memories, that post is one of them.

Mentioned many times I rooted for the Cubs during the Rhino, Hawk and Grace years but when Maddux was let go I was done feeling sorry for them. I remember the fans were livid but you nailed it in a way I couldn't put into words. That's when I came to the conclusion the CUBS just wanted a competitive team, not a championship team.

I also remember the CUBS talking shit in the media during negotiations. "their side isn't willing to work with us"....Type of Bull Shit clubs do to make fans feel like they tried and it's not their fault. He was young, a fan favorite, on fire and already proved himself! He just had two or three great seasons? Maddux was primed to take over baseball and the Cubs let ONE MILLION stand in the way...One of the biggest blunders ever.

It wasn't like when LAD traded a wimpy young inexperienced Pedro. Maddux hit his stride but to make it worse he went to Atlanta! The fucking Braves! A double fuck you, I hated the braves. The more I recall and the more I remember.....The Maddux failure was a deal breaker rooting for them. Been laughing since and hope it's the curse of Maddux that carries on.

Maddux was a no brainier, he wanted to stay, tried to stay, deserved to be paid but the Cubs folded and didn't ante up.
That trade changed everything, The Braves ended up dominating The NL East for a decade. Won a lot of titles, a couple RINGS and was in the playoffs about every year....Thanks Cubs.

Cubs suck.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Theo and Hoyer built the exact same thing in Boston. Their first year there what happened? Remember the next? I think Chicago probably feels like the Red Sox did in '03. "We were the better team." I also believe they're going to start '16 pissed off about it. What's brewing in Wrigley is very scary.
Piss on Theo, they're due for a sophomore slump and injury plagues!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
Mentioned many times I rooted for the Cubs during the Rhino, Hawk and Grace years but when Maddux was let go I was done feeling sorry for them. I remember the fans were livid but you nailed it in a way I couldn't put into words. That's when I came to the conclusion the CUBS just wanted a competitive team, not a championship team.

Cubs suck.
There are a hundred instances of things like this going down with the Cubs. I have to laugh when I see someone like Machado trying to rip the Cubs when real fans know there are very few insults you can hurl at them that we haven't hurled a million times worse. I've seen a lot of self critical fans of various teams but I can't think of any fan base being harder on their team than on the north side.

$tevil