Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Gritt wrote:The Pac 12 was way down this year.
Define "way down."

Ten of twelve teams finished .500 or better. Six of those ten with eight or more wins. Three of the six with nine or more wins. Pac-12 teams also play NINE conference games - not just eight. Had Stanford not gifted a late season victory to the $uck$, they would be in the playoffs over Sparty. They would beat Sparty 9 out of 10 times, head-to-head.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Machado wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:Congratulations to the 2015 Heisman winner, from the University of Alabama, RB Derrick Henry...Roll Tide Roll!
Quite the scam. Still unreal that the Bama RB won the Heisman over a much more deserving player at Stanford.
Goes to show the good old boys network once again has taken care of their own. Nonsense. The numbers the kid from Stanford put up were off the charts. Henry was good, but the kid is better. Too bad the voters fail again to recognize college football is played on the West Coast
So I take it you are one of those asshats that believe there is a conspiracy between ESPN and the SEC/Alabama. You do realize that in the 50+ years of the Heisman trophy, Alabama has had exactly 2 Heisman winners...2009 with Mark Ingram and this year with Derrick Henry. Thats 1 hell of a nice thing for ESPN to do for the University of Alabama...glad it only took 40+ years for the grand scheme to pay off.

You want to be butt-hurt about McCaffery, blame it on the PAC 12 playing late night games when most of the football watching masses are in bed. Now, I personally watched several PAC 12 games, but Im and insomniac on top of being a full on NCAA Football junkie...I am not the norm. PAC 12 also isnt immune to playing G5 and Div 2 teams...all teams do it, if you think differently then you are just sadly and largely mistaken.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

BodyBagz wrote:
Machado wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:Congratulations to the 2015 Heisman winner, from the University of Alabama, RB Derrick Henry...Roll Tide Roll!
Quite the scam. Still unreal that the Bama RB won the Heisman over a much more deserving player at Stanford.
Goes to show the good old boys network once again has taken care of their own. Nonsense. The numbers the kid from Stanford put up were off the charts. Henry was good, but the kid is better. Too bad the voters fail again to recognize college football is played on the West Coast
So I take it you are one of those asshats that believe there is a conspiracy between ESPN and the SEC/Alabama. You do realize that in the 50+ years of the Heisman trophy, Alabama has had exactly 2 Heisman winners...2009 with Mark Ingram and this year with Derrick Henry. Thats 1 hell of a nice thing for ESPN to do for the University of Alabama...glad it only took 40+ years for the grand scheme to pay off.

You want to be butt-hurt about McCaffery, blame it on the PAC 12 playing late night games when most of the football watching masses are in bed. Now, I personally watched several PAC 12 games, but Im and insomniac on top of being a full on NCAA Football junkie...I am not the norm. PAC 12 also isnt immune to playing G5 and Div 2 teams...all teams do it, if you think differently then you are just sadly and largely mistaken.
Late night games? LOL
OK you just won the dunce of the year award. So you are going to penalize Stanford because they are on the West Coast? You are speaking to my point. I cannot believe you just mentioned that nobody is watching them play because of the time of night. UNREAL. You hicks really are funny.
Listen, I know in 2015, Alabama hosted 3 teams that should have never been on their schedule. Compare that to Stanford, who did not play any of the teams I previously mentioned. No wonder Henry ran for a few more yards.
Heisman voters have a job. To watch all the games, all the teams, no matter what time of night it is and if the voters cannot well maybe they should not be voting.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

BodyBagz wrote:
Machado wrote:

Late night games? LOL
OK you just won the dunce of the year award. So you are going to penalize Stanford because they are on the West Coast? You are speaking to my point. I cannot believe you just mentioned that nobody is watching them play because of the time of night. UNREAL. You hicks really are funny.
Listen, I know in 2015, Alabama hosted 3 teams that should have never been on their schedule. Compare that to Stanford, who did not play any of the teams I previously mentioned. No wonder Henry ran for a few more yards.
Heisman voters have a job. To watch all the games, all the teams, no matter what time of night it is and if the voters cannot well maybe they should not be voting.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Machado wrote: Late night games? LOL
You can get pissed at me all you want, the fact is, thats the exact reason why a lot of the Heisman voters didnt vote for McCaffery. Hell, 16% of the ballots were turned in BEFORE Stanford played the PAC 12 Championship game! Add that to the fact that McCaffery was not nearly as effective in the Red Zone, he only had 8 TD`s via rushing, and only 1 TD on KR and 4 TD`s receiving giving him a total of 13 TD`s on the season...thats 10 less than Henry. Henry was the more decisive Heisman contender...he pulled 5 of the 6 regions...so it isnt just us "hillbillies" down South who thought he was the best, the WHOLE FUCKING NATION agreed...

As far as schedule goes, where exactly did UCF (University of Central Florida, 0-12, 0-8 (AAC)) rank when Stanford played them? Thats an OOC game, coupled with a very weak PAC 12 schedule. The only notable games that Stanford played and won decisively were Arizona, USC (beaten twice). 3 times Stanford won by 2 points, Washington State, Oregon and Notre Dame. The defenses Stanford played against do not rank as high as the defenses that Alabama played against...you know this if you actually pay any attention to the game and actually read statistics and evaluations.

Instead of trying to muscle you opinion, why dont you just be comforted in knowing that McCaffery very well could be back in New York next year. If hes lucky, Henry will turn pro after the post season and he wont have to compete with an Alabama back since they are so prone to giving Alabama all the breaks...unless Kenyon Drake or Bo Scarborough go off...damn, Stanford may be in for another #2 ride. Well, at least they get a free trip to New York right...silver linings and all....
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

And my Georgia Southern Eagles won their first ever bowl game in only their second FBS season tonight against Bowling Green in the GoDaddy.com Bowl! Yes!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Is anybody going to a bowl game this season? Actually purchasing an overpriced ticket and attending the game?
I scored a Rose Bowl ticket. Looking forward to the game and my 2nd trip to So Cal in about a month.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

EXPOSEDLAHOMA.

Not very good injury timing for them - but that's part of the game. Once they had to go to a one dimensional passing game they were done for.

Without even seeing the 2nd semifinal - I'm going with Clemson to take the title.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well you have a pretty good history when it comes to picking winners.

Goddamned that sucked. Still had a good year though better than I expected.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Yep, big win for Clemson tonight! I live not far from there so I'm definitely gonna hear a lot about it in my neck of the woods!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Hopefully Bama can get the ball to "Slotty Pippen" (#16: AKA Richard Mullaney) down in the red zone a couple times. I'd like to see him score at least 1 TD.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Should be a GREAT championship game.

Lame Kiffin earnin' his dough, tonight.

Stanford would have given Bama A LOT better game than Sparty.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

cantstopthemusic wrote: Without even seeing the 2nd semifinal - I'm going with Clemson to take the title.
I dont know if I would be that bold...not after what Alabama just did to the Spartans. :shock: I honestly did not expect the Tide to shut the Spartans out...and really, they shouldnt have. But, you could tell that MSU spent a great deal of their time plotting for Derrick Henry and the full frontal rush...and Kiffen and Saban chose to go a different route, and it worked for Bama.

Clemson has DeShaun Watson, and he is a play-maker, but Clemson hasnt faced a Defenseof the caliber that Alabama will bring to the table. Oklahoma got exposed...they were "supposed" to have a good Defense, near what Alabama`s front 7 are...yet Clemson went off on them rushing, passing and special teams! I dont know that Clemson will be able to do the same against THE Front 7...the best rated Defense in the Nation, hands down, bar none.

But, it will be a hell of a game...I`m looking forward to it...
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

BodyBagz wrote: But, it will be a hell of a game...I`m looking forward to it...
I'm thinking otherwise. It's looking to me like Saban will be tying Bear Bryant for most championships.

Congrats to you and Slammer. You guys have really got something special going on down there.

That bugs the shit out of me to say that too. :x :lol:

Oh well there's always next year and I've grown accustomed to being disappointed with the way things end for my Sooners but I totally didn't see a Big 12 title in their future for this year so I'm still happy for the boys.

WTF happened to FSU?
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

eddie lee roth wrote:WTF happened to FSU?
Offensive line issues. They just couldn't create a hole for Dalvin Cook to slip through. And then when Maguire got hurt and had to have his pivot-foot ankle taped up it messed up his power and accuracy. He underthrew some easy touchdowns and missed some open receivers. He's not normally prone to interceptions, so turning the ball over so many times didn't help. Aguayo had a (fluke) bad night too and screwed up that last kick - should have kicked deep but pooched it and basically gave up FSU's last shot to get the ball back.

I think Houston could have beaten anyone in the country yesterday - they played a nearly perfect game because they had a lot more to prove. I didn't like that matchup because I knew Houston would be hungry - if FSU would have won it'd have been "but they were supposed to", and now that they lost it's all "See? they were never really that good to begin with". Would have rather played a "name" school. Oh well, they still made it interesting and almost came back...

But next year, FSU is gonna be a beast team. Shocked if they don't make the playoffs.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Houston whipped FSU's ass. However, this game didn't mean near as much to FSU as it did to Houston. This was the biggest game Houston has played in almost 40 years. It was just another game for FSU. FSU won the state of Florida this year and that means more than winning a non playoff bowl game when it comes to recruiting in the state. As James said, FSU is loaded for bear next season.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Dear Iowa. Thanks for making the trip.

Love , Stanford.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Clemson is gonna win. Team of destiny. Best team this year.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Here's a funny stat. Alabama has won more games in Jerry World this year than the Dallas Cowboys. :lol:

Them's some sour ass apples ain't they Matardo?
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

eddie lee roth wrote:Here's a funny stat. Alabama has won more games in Jerry World this year than the Dallas Cowboys. :lol:

As a Cowboys fan, that really burns. But as a Bama fan, I'm kinda loving it too. lol At least one of my teams is having a great year! ROLL TIDE!!!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Here's a funny stat. Alabama has won more games in Jerry World this year than the Dallas Cowboys. :lol:

Not really. Matardo is a Bama fan this week. He's also working hard to learn the words to Hail to the Redskins.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote:
BodyBagz wrote: But, it will be a hell of a game...I`m looking forward to it...
I'm thinking otherwise. It's looking to me like Saban will be tying Bear Bryant for most championships.

Congrats to you and Slammer. You guys have really got something special going on down there.

That bugs the shit out of me to say that too. :x :lol:

Oh well there's always next year and I've grown accustomed to being disappointed with the way things end for my Sooners but I totally didn't see a Big 12 title in their future for this year so I'm still happy for the boys.

WTF happened to FSU?
I hope Bama wins...and if history holds true...Saban is now 8-0 I believe against his former assistant coaches...Dabo and the Clmson Tigers will fall...

I love what Saban has done at Alabama, for the football program as well for the school itself. But, I fear he has mentored a class of head coaches that will give him a run for his money down the road. Dabo, Dooley, Les, Jimbo, McElwain and now Kirby...all these guys are at top tier schools.

Saban has did what Bear couldnt do in his years at Alabama, produce a Heisman winner, and now 2 have been bred under Nick. But, Bear had 6 National Championships in 25 years...with smaller players. Nick is sitting on 3 at Bama, looking at 4...but I dont think he will stay to get 6...his age will be a factor. Bear was and is an Icon at Alabama, and he was a lightening rod during the integration of the Southern Colleges during the 60`s...he is a hell of a man to have to be compared to. Nick has made his own mark, and the State, city of Tuscaloosa and the University of Alabama have made him a part of the Tide legend...its why I believe he will finish out his career on the field with Bama, then most likely move to the AD position...and he deserves it.

Saban`s "Process" works...whether its a deal with the Devil, Hookers & Blow or just damn good coaching I cant tell ya...but it sure as fuck makes people take notice...

As far as FSU...they just happened to come up against a better, hungrier team in Houston. It happens. FSU took this game as a "consolation prize" type game, where Houston played like they were in the final for the Championship. Same thing happened back when Alabama vs Notre Dame for the BCS Championship..

FSU should have a better season next year. I see Dalvin Cook making a trip to New York as long as he stays healthy...but I see him losing either to Fournette or McCaffery...
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

If there was any doubt that you weren't a real Alabama fan you just erased all doubts with the Bear won 6 titles at Alabama line. :lol: :P

For those wondering just WTF I'm talking about google 1973.

Going into last night's game I still thought the OSU Cowboys got lucky thanks to Baylor playing a bad game along with injuries to end the reg. season which allowed the Cowboys to sneak into the Sugar Bowl.

Tried to have a good thought or two thrown their way since I have family who are going/gone there. So much for that shit. :lol:

Who am I kidding, I live in Soonerville fuck the Cowboys. And when I say fuck the Cowboys that goes for both the NCAA and the NFL versions.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote:If there was any doubt that you weren't a real Alabama fan you just erased all doubts with the Bear won 6 titles at Alabama line. :lol: :P
For those wondering just WTF I'm talking about google 1973.
Say what you want, but, historically speaking, as were the rules during that time period, Alabama received the National Title by way of the Coaches Poll, as the selection was made prior to the Bowl Season. Thats not Alabama or Bear`s fault...thats just how it was done. Even still, Alabama went 11–1 overall, 8–0 in the SEC and only lost to Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl...sounds like a Championship season to me...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:

Not really. Matardo is a Bama fan this week. He's also working hard to learn the words to Hail to the Redskins.
You should clean your ears once in awhile and fix your nerd classes, because you clearly cannot read or hear anything.
The day I root for Bama, is probably the day you will get some pussy. How do you like them apples, junior?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:

You should clean your ears once in awhile and fix your nerd classes, because you clearly cannot read or hear anything.
The day I root for Bama, is probably the day you will get some pussy. How do you like them apples, junior?
Fix my nerd classes?

Every time you push submit...
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

cantstopthemusic wrote:Should be a GREAT championship game.

Between the two division winners in the Big Ten bowl games it was a bit embarrassing to be a fan of that conference.

How did Iowa not play OSU, Michigan or Michigan State in the regular conference season?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

johnk5150 wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:Should be a GREAT championship game.

Between the two division winners in the Big Ten bowl games it was a bit embarrassing to be a fan of that conference.

How did Iowa not play OSU, Michigan or Michigan State in the regular conference season?
Rotating divisional schedule (and a lot of luck in the timing). Up through this season the Big Ten played EIGHT league games (plus 4 OOC). Starting in 2016 they play NINE league games (plus 3 OOC) - like the Pac-12 does (and has).

Every year they play ALL of their fellow "West Division" teams (Northwestern, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue) - PLUS (formerly 2 and now 3) "East Division" teams (which in 2015 was Maryland, Indiana - and in 2016 is Rutgers, Penn State, Michigan ).

In 2017 they DO play Ohio State and Michigan State (BOTH), plus Penn State (so, no Michigan).

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-f ... dules.html
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Maybe I'm biased, but I'd say this season has been relatively entertaining so far.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

[quote="Alabama Slammer"]Maybe I'm biased, but I'd say this season has been relatively entertaining so far.[/quote

You are biased but you have every right to be. Being a Bama fans all but guarantees you will be playing meaningful games in January.
Despite playing inferior opponents up to 3 times a season. C'mon, enough of that "cupcake" games. Play some legit teams from big conferences for a change.