Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by BodyBagz »

Today has been pretty damn good all around for me personally. UCF came in and took down #1 killer Auburn in the Peach Bowl! This UCF team has every right to feel slighted by the CFP after this win...hell, they took down Auburn who came on all season long and finished out with 2 big wins over #1 ranked teams who wound up in CFP semi-final games today. I honestly dont know if UCF could beat any o the 4 semi teams, but I guarantee UCF would have showed up with a gameplan, played that game plan and made the game fun to watch!

Georgia shows up at the Rose Bowl against this years Heisman winner and his team of bruisers and commenced to play like they meant to be there, and wanted to win and put Baker in the grass several times throughout the game. I said from the start that in order for Georgia to beat Oklahoma, they would have to shut down Mayfields passing game and make sure to give Nick Chubb and Sony Michel the ball and provide blocking...and thats basically what happened until the overtimes. You cant deny that Kirby Smart paid serious attention to what was done his years at Alabama...Georgia looks just like Alabama teams from 2012-2015...power running with just enough passing to give the Backs some breathing room and a D-line that just seeks out the offense regardless of who has the ball. Gonna be hell on wheels for whoever gets the final championship slot Im afraid...

So far, this Alabama vs Clemson game has been about as you would expect for their 3rd time playing each other. I will say this, Alabama does look a bit better on Defense since they have gained injured players back, but they are still some hiccups in their playing (just had the stupid ass fumble because Hurts didnt turn loose of the ball on the hand-off and confused the back)...so there is some room for improvement across the board. Bryant on Clemson has looked good, but he is having to scramble a lot, but is still making connections. This game is far from over...4th quarter is liable to be a nail-biter I believe....Roll Tide!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Roll Tide Roll...and thats what Alabama should have looked like all season...except for those 7-9 defensive players that were lost....

Now, onto see what Kirby and his Dawgs have planned....

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Jesus, what a hacked out meme that is. Typical. Bama gonna Bama.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

exitflagger wrote:Jesus, what a hacked out meme that is. Typical. Bama gonna Bama.
Champions gonna Champion!

Fixed that for ya ^^^^.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

The Tide is sure rolllllllllllllllllllin'

Rollin' over, that is.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

cantstopthemusic wrote:The Tide is sure rolllllllllllllllllllin'

Rollin' over, that is.
Hell yeah, I love it!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, thanks for jinxing it, Clenchy! :x
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

How in the FUCK do you lose coverage on a play like that?

Ugh.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

My God...what a game! For all those who said this game wouldnt live up to the hype...Yall were wrong...on all accounts.

You have got to give it up to Kirby and all of the Georgia...those dudes played the shit out of this game! They laid everything on the line and played the game to the best of their ability....they didnt lose, they just didnt win...

Hell of a decision for Saban and Daboll to make the swap from Hurts to Tua...risky, but it paid off. Congrats to both teams...and it will be hell on wheels next year when these 2 reload and head back out...
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Let's see... it was in Atlanta (strike one), Nick Saban won (strike two) and President Fuckface was there to posture for anti-negro jingoism (strike three).

Fuck that whole shebang.
ImageImage
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

exitflagger wrote:Let's see... it was in Atlanta (strike one), Nick Saban won (strike two) and President Fuckface was there to posture for anti-negro jingoism (strike three).

Fuck that whole shebang.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Pssst...not too much longer now....58 days until we kick off a new season of College Football....
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Peace Out, Urban Meyer. C'mon man, you and your wife work at OSU. So, you're kinda sorta officially mandatory reporters. That, and you can't paint on the locker room wall "treat women with respect" and have a coach on staff who repeatedly beat up his wife.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I’m ready for some college football.

I’m not looking forward to whatever the Alabama fans have to say.

I find them to be just like Machado was with his fucking Dallas Cowboys posts over in the NFL thread.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Does anybody know what happened to the OP of this thread Famous James?

I always thought he was a cool guy.

He could roll with the punches and post some good stuff also.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:42 am I’m ready for some college football.

I’m not looking forward to whatever the Alabama fans have to say.

I find them to be just like Machado was with his fucking Dallas Cowboys posts over in the NFL thread.
Hahaha...difference is, Alabama actually wins where Dallas doesnt...including the Cowboys own stadium there for a year or 2...
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, Bama's already looking damn near unstoppable early in the season. Should we just go ahead and give them the Natty already?
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm Well, Bama's already looking damn near unstoppable early in the season. Should we just go ahead and give them the Natty already?
Nah...there are still some possible hiccup games to come this season for the Tide. Mississippi & Mississippi State both looked good yesterday, and Auburn had a hell of a good game against a great Washington team. Watching LSU tear Miami apart as I type this, so the road isnt exactly paved in gravy for Alabama this year...
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Great season opening weekend of football so far....

My thoughts for week 1:

#1 Alabama sure enough looked like a legitimate #1 team, hands down! We can settle all of the QB bullshit now, Tua Tagovailoa is the "starter"...he has cleary "won" the team and the team clearly works well with him on the field. 12 of 16 for 227 yards and 3 TDs says all it needs. I like Jalen Hurts, and I admire him for all he di the last 2 seasons, but the facts dont lie, Tua is the QB who can read a defense better, has better accuracy and ball passing ability...he earned the starting job hands down. As far as other aspects of the Tide, the O-line looks good, still has a few bugs, but they will get taken care of as the season goes on. Defensively, there is some work to be done...there was some blown coverage that could have really burned had Louisville capitalized on it. The running game is pretty spot on, and now that there is a true passing QB, the passing game is startin to look pretty damn good too....who expected Jalen Waddle to jump out in the spotlight like he did?

Ohio State...do they really "need" Urban Meyer? Can't say as they do considering yesterday's game. The Big 10 will be interesting this year...

Georgia looked very good, and as such, expect to see them right back in the SEC Championship this year. Jake Fromm may very well get into the Heisman Hunt early at the rate he is going, and he will be targeting Riley Ridley all season long.

Clemson will be right back in the ACC Championship and most likely the CFP Playoff as well. They really have no competition as of right now in the ACC to stop them.

Oklahoma have reloaded, and honestly, looked just as good this first game as they did at any point last year.

Auburn, unless they just have one of their "fall apart" seasons, looks to be the other team to beat in the SEC. Unless something changes, this years Iron Bowl will likely have playoff implications again this year.

**As I do every year, I went in and "predicted" the AP Top 25 games...once tonight's games are over, I will post the corrected outcomes. I normally knock this down to the Top 15, then Top 10 and then once it hits, the CFP Poll Top 10 games.

https://imgur.com/iz6EPXA
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Looks to be a decent 2nd week of ball this weekend.

Alabama is coming off a great beatdown of Louisville, have settled the tired-ass "starting QB position" and now have their sights set on Arkansas State. Arkansas State just so happens to have also just came off of a large margin victory, granted, it wasnt on a P5 team, but, it likely gives them a morale boost. Alabama should win by 21+ easily, provided Tua is on point, they cover the damn ball and have no turnovers and maybe even kick all the damn point afters and 30yd FG`s...

Georgia is headed North to go play with the Gamecocks in South Carolina...this could be a bad game for Georgia. Several picker have SC with an edge over the Dawgs due to the game location. I myself have SC picked over Georgia as an upset pick. It all really comes down to Fromm and Kirby Smart`s gameplan.

Out west, the PAC has a nice heads-up game with USC vs Stanford. Will Bryce Love be able to explode on a USC defense that actually looked pretty damn good last weekend? This might be one of the better games to watch Saturday...

Clemson heads down to Texas A&M for another SEC vs ACC shn-dig. I almost took A&M as an upset pick in this game, but its really hard to ignore eactly how potent Clemson is right now. Jimbo will likely be firing on all cylinders next year or the year after...but I dont think he is quite there this year.

Here are my picks for this weeks games...https://imgur.com/JVZtjkm
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Week 3 is looking to have some nice games...could see some shake-ups if a few key teams fall on their faces...

#1 Alabama gets to meet up with a newer version of the Ole Miss Rebels...in Oxford...this should be a quality test of the Crimson TIde. SEC play kicks off here and it only gets progressively tougher...but I think Alabama will pull it off by 2 TD`s...

#2 Clemson gets a cupcake to ease their sore asses after getting somewhat man-handled by Texas A&M last weekend...this is a good time for Dabo to work some f his QB quirks out...

#3 Georgia gets a tune-up game...expec the scoreboard to break if Georgia is firing on all cylinders....

#4 Ohio State gets to lock up with #15 TCU...and this may be an early season upset game if Ohio State slips up even the tiniest bit. Margins of error are very narrow here for both teams...

#7 Auburn meets up against #12 LSU in a guaranteed fur-flying battle...1 has to lose, and as much as Coach O has LSU changing, I just dont think it will be enough to stop the War Eagle team this year...bt it will take an OT period for Auburn to pull of the 3 point win...

#8 Notre Dame meets Vanderbilt...and Vandy while being an SEC underdog in normal circumstances, is coming off back-to-back wins at a better margin than the Irish. However, ND has the more notable win coming over Michigan...I have this as 1 of my Upset games...I got the Commodores by 3 points.

My new predictions - https://imgur.com/Lg7dODw
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Anyone catch that last second field goal by LSU? Some crazy kind of upset just happened down on the plains today!
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:55 pm Anyone catch that last second field goal by LSU? Some crazy kind of upset just happened down on the plains today!
Good game...both teams were playing well, but neither looked real good. If they both play the same against Alabama, Georgia will be Alabama's only possible stumbling block to the CFB Playoff again this year....
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Georgia wins a sloppy one, Bama rolls again, and how in the BLUE FUCK did the Hokies lose to Old Dominion?!? Crazy!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

So, after yesterday's loss to LSU, anyone here think Georgia could still win out from here and make the playoff like last year? It'll be tougher this time with Florida and Kentucky looking strong right now, but I've got my fingers crossed...
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

For the record, the item in the news about "LSU fans beat Alabama fan to death" is misleading. The fight that happened in the bar had no team rivalry connection at all. There was a drunk girl involved and it stemmed from an argument over her, the deceased hit his head on the ground and was hit again afterward which eventually caused his death. The Alabama fan in question was not in the area for the game, he actually lived in Ponchatoula, where this happened and which is about 40 or 50 miles away from Baton Rouge, where the game was played.

I hate to say it but... FAKE NEWS!
ImageImage
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

It’s time..Valley Cup in on the line NOW
San Jose State dogsh*t vs Bulldogs!!!
Just bring IT! San Jose Dumbf*cks!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

San Jose State Spartans more like San Jose State Teddy Bears
Scoreboard!!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

LSU game was like being waterboarded. I may to give up watching college football.
ImageImage
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Kyler Murray just beat out Tua for the Heisman. Bama will probably still crush Kyler and the Sooners in the Orange Bowl, though.