Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by exitflagger »

This is pretty amazing. Living in the shadow of Tiger stadium all my life and being an LSU football fan from the time I could understand how the game was played, this is really the season I've dreamt of ever since I was a little kid. My whole family has been affiliated with the school and my cousin's (who was an LSU center in the late 80s) wife has been an administrator for the football team for decades. Absolutely none of us could've predicted how historically successful this season would be. Listen to ESPN's Mike Greenberg sum it up:

https://twitter.com/Espngreeny/status/1 ... 2801227779

We in this part of the world have always figured our lot in all this would be to perpetually envy Alabama while we routinely lose to them every year and they win yet another national championship. It's been nice to see the tables turned for a change.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I bet having a hometown boy as your coach makes it even better too don’t it?

Locals of a certain age around here know what you mean when you say King Switzer.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Well his hometown Larose is actually about 100 miles south of here. He's actual Cajun as opposed to Baton Rouge people who try to claim to be Cajun when they wanna be folksy. I was in the Ed camp when they were considering successors to Les Miles. We got him cheap and the theory was that the rest of the budget would be spent on top notch assistants, which is exactly how it went. Of course Joe Brady and most of the eligible juniors on the team are all hopping the NFL train outta town now.
ImageImage
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Glad they won. I absolutely loathe Clemson. Living 15 mikes north of S. Carolina....common knowledge that all Clemson players are paid through Newspring Church. Swinney runs the most crooked operation in all of college football.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

That motherfucker ODB Jr could fuck up an anvil
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

eddie lee roth wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:56 pm That motherfucker ODB Jr could fuck up an anvil
Odell wasn't the way he is now when he was at LSU. I don't know what his deal is. Apparently money has turned him into an idiot. He's set himself up for all kinds of trouble just from fucking around after the championship game. A game he had nothing to do with! He's going to incur a civil lawsuit from the cop spanking stunt, and that guy will probably shoot the fucking moon. I know I would.

Money well spent, huh? What a dumbass.
ImageImage
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

exitflagger wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:41 pm Of course Joe Brady and most of the eligible juniors on the team are all hopping the NFL train outta town now.
Well this has come home to roost. What a pathetic display yesterday.

Right off the bat Bo Pelini quickly reminded us why nobody missed him when he fucked off last time.
ImageImage
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I’ve always had a problem with people who wear their religion as a badge of honor and aren’t afraid to stay stupid shit.

Already had a hatred for Dabo Swinney to begin with.

But earlier this season when he pitched a bitch because the FSU game was canceled.

It just came across like a fuck you to safety measures being put in place by medical professionals.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

LSU game last night was hilarious. Florida had it all sewed up and that idiot picked up a shoe and threw it and that's what ended up being the deciding factor. Throwing a fucking shoe lost the game. :lol:
ImageImage
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

exitflagger wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:36 am LSU game last night was hilarious. Florida had it all sewed up and that idiot picked up a shoe and threw it and that's what ended up being the deciding factor. Throwing a fucking shoe lost the game. :lol:
Yep. Probably an appropriate analogy since Florida probably just threw away their playoff chances with that move, too.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Malzahn out at Aw Burn...Any guesses where he’ll go next?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:12 pm Malzahn out at Aw Burn...Any guesses where he’ll go next?
He's got it made. $21mil buy out and there'll be a long line of teams trying to hire him when he's ready.
ImageImage
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Is anybody gonna help Datboy?

He’s getting his ass whooped.

And now it looks like they’re shoving his own feet in his mouth.

😆😅😂🤣
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I’m hearing at halftime Dabo moved Ohio State into the top 10.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Psssst...Im still here...and the Crimson Tide is still here as well...Sludge on.... :lol:

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

BodyBagz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:10 pm Psssst...Im still here...and the Crimson Tide is still here as well...Sludge on.... :lol:

Yeah, yeah. Congrats, man. We all know we hate to admit it, but Saban’s definitely a coaching and recruiting mastermind.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Woo! The Gumps beat a team with 7 wins! :roll:
ImageImage
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:36 pm Yeah, yeah. Congrats, man. We all know we hate to admit it, but Saban’s definitely a coaching and recruiting mastermind.
No worries. Like I have said in the past, I remember Alabama when Bear was there, and I remember the years where Bama was laughable until Gene Stallings won a Natty, then Bama went to shit again until Saban came along. I know at some point he will step down and Alabama is likely to go through another slump, but, I will always be a Bama fan.

Folks can hate on Saban and Bama as much as they like...people did it to Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden, Urban Myer, Pete Carroll and Mac Brown and all of those coaches had great teams and great runs...it happens. I like the fact that Saban has been able, grudgingly at times, to adapt to the changes in NCAA football and not become a slave to what had worked for him in the past along with watching his assistants go to other programs and try to instill a lot of his "teachings and directions". Kirby Smart, Jeremy Pruitt, Lane Kiffin, Jimbo Fisher, Jim McElwain, Mario Cristobol, Mike Dantonio, Will Muschamp etc have left under Saban's tutelage to become successful Head Coaches, some more successful than others granted.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

exitflagger wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:31 pm Woo! The Gumps beat a team with 7 wins! :roll:
I know, it hurts doesn't it? No worries little fella, one day you too can root for a team that consistently wins...just sit back and bide your time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here, I will get ya started on the right track...

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Wow, the Yankees of College Football.....Bam can suck it.......Out of the gate I wanted to hit a sports book on this game big time. In the past it's been a mild drive to the border which I can't do most of the time anymore. Bama was like -9/-8.5? I'd easily took double that.

Ohio State was out classed at every position, I'm guessing people lost their minds over ONE GAME. If Fields transitions to be a fair NFL QB I'll be surprised. I like him but don't think he has the vision and ability to make his reads fast enough in the pros.

I'm guessing a lot of buckeye fans lost their ass, I heard after beating Clem bet's was back n forth to almost even for several days. Doh....
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

BodyBagz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm Folks can hate on Saban and Bama as much as they like...people did it to Joe Paterno
Pretty sure that Joe Paterno reference is just a little on the outside.

And WTF are you trying to say with your sig?
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 pm Pretty sure that Joe Paterno reference is just a little on the outside.

And WTF are you trying to say with your sig?
Why do you think my comment about Paterno is a "little on the outside?" There were years where JoePa was questioned about whether his age was an issue in regards to his coaching....and that was the reason I compared him and Saban. Saban is constantly being asked about his age versus how long he intends to coach...sorry you couldn't follow the logic.

And as far as my signature...what don't you understand about it? It is rooted in the US`s 1st President and how he believed government to be a entity that needed proper controls in place to make sure it does not run rampant and unfettered....you know, kind of like what was going on the last 4 years in the White House.... :shock:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well it sure came across like some bullshit proud patriot Trump supporter saying. If I was wrong I apologize.

I still don’t care about any comparisons you try to pull out of your ass about Paterno. Fuck him and all his I run a clean program shit. What if he had the balls to stop a child molester on his staff from numerous sexual abuse crimes against young boys.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:24 pm Well it sure came across like some bullshit proud patriot Trump supporter saying. If I was wrong I apologize.

I still don’t care about any comparisons you try to pull out of your ass about Paterno. Fuck him and all his I run a clean program shit. What if he had the balls to stop a child molester on his staff from numerous sexual abuse crimes against young boys.
Hahaha, me, a trump supporter...furthest thing I could ever be accused of...I voted for an Independent in both this and last elections...no way I could ever support a larger than life Oompa-Loompa.

I don't give 2 shits or 5 giggles about joe Pa`s downfall due to his not acting on the issues that went on...I am only comparing his coaching, age and coaching ability. What if he was totally shielded from everything, would you still feel the same way? At the end of the day, it doesnt take away the fact that he was one of the most successful college football coaches to ever coach...
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

R.I.P, Bobby Bowden. Legendary coach at FSU and one of the all-time winningest in all of college football: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... uxbndlbing
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Let the season begin! And Georgia vs. Clemson is the big showdown tonight: Who ya got, Sludgers?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Looks like more than half of the state of Alabama is gonna be on suicide watch since both Aw-Burn and the Tide went down last night. And the Dawgs are #1! Gotta love that!
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

In a way I can AND can't believe LSU is shit canning Ed Orgeron. I can't believe it because he's only 17 games past the perfect 2019 season and the man has said over and over that the LSU job was his lifelong dream. Not to mention he technically has a winning record so far this season. I can believe it because LSU fans by and large are a bunch of selfish, impatient crybabies. Team fails to get a first down on a series and they start demanding to fire the coach. It's pathetic and makes me ashamed to be in their company.

And of course the ridiculous "incentive to lose" scenario is in play again. Like Gus Malzahn, Ed is going to hit a giant jackpot for being shown the door. We'll shovel all that money at him and then start looking for a mercenary who will do the same thing, only without any real allegiance to this region. And THAT will probably be even more pricey. Meanwhile my son's tuition continues to go up, up, up. And as soon as a new coach comes in, let him lose one game and the mooks will be calling for his head too.

Half the team is injured, we beat one of our most hated rivals, team gets win/loss record above .500... and we fire the coach. Only LSU. What a bunch of idiots.
ImageImage
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I heard or read somewhere about him hitting on some big boosters wife and not only that the bitch was pregnant too. I hate to see him go too. To find a good HC and one that is happy as could be with where he’s at is not the easiest thing to do.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Yeah Ed's not real smooth when it comes to the ladies. I think there's a thing about him and a student too, he got divorced right after the national championship, he apparently ignored a bunch of title ix stuff about rape and sexual assaults, etc. He fits right in with the profile of the fans, to be fair. Likable but more Goofus than Gallant.
ImageImage