Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Artemis2085 »

Shannon is gone without question. Butch Jones...I haven't seen a meltdown like that since the last Cunt Gooch thread.

It's going to be a real bummer to see Sumlin go. I think he's a great coach, and a good person to boot.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

BodyBagz wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote: :lol:
I cannot fucking stand Nick Satan. I admire the team's he's put together and what he's done with them. But I'm ready to see the fucker get knocked down a peg.
The dirt going around is that Kevin Sumlin will be fired following the LSU game.
Nick Saban is what Nick Saban is...a great College football coach who knows how to not just coach young players, but also how to get them to believe that they can, are and will be the best. Now, having said that, even as a true "homer" for the Tide, I am one of his staunchest critics at times. I still havent quit being pissed at him for the "Kick 6" a few years ago, and I likely never will; it was the wrong fucking thing to do, going for the 1 sec back and then trying a ludicrous FG. Same thing with the loss to Ohio State...he made the decision to forgo the running game (Derrick Henry) and in turn, Ohio State came out with the win. The man is fallible...and fans are fickle as fuck...especially Alabama fans. They are too eager to forget the shitty years, and I am a firm believer that about 65% of Alabama fans now are <10 year fans...they jumped on board when Nick started winning. I think he still has a solid 5 years left before he hangs up his straw hat and takes the AD job...

Sumlin is 1 of several who will shift around...the SEC is getting gutted a bit;
Sumlin @ Texas A&M
Butch Jones @ Tennessee
Bielema possibly @ Arkansas
Malzahn possibly @ Auburn
Ole Miss will be looking possibly to replace their "interim" coach, but may wait until after the fallout from the NCAA probe and just use the interim guy as a "until we can find a real guy"
Florida will have the same thing going on with Randy Shannon...hard to think he will stay on as HC...
Whoever can pluck TCU’s Gary Patterson is getting a hell of a coach who deserves a higher profile program.

I see by your reply you did the smart thing and just accepted the loss to OU without getting all pissy. :lol:
BodyBagz wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Where are you Bodybagz? Don’t take my shit talking personal. I’ve got to talk a little bit of trash you’re the Alabama fan on here.
Im still here. I dont take things personally...I was out of pocket last weekend...had my National Guard gig, so I didnt get around to posting anything anywhere except my FB page...hahaha :mrgreen:
Oh sweet now you’re playing the military card to make me feel bad for giving you some shit. :P

Just joking with you. :mrgreen:
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote: Whoever can pluck TCU’s Gary Patterson is getting a hell of a coach who deserves a higher profile program.
I am not so sure Patterson will leave. He has a great stable team right now, and provided they stay on track, TCU could very well be right back in the hunt next year without having to reload the whole team. But, yo know he will be high on TAMU`s radar since he has been recruiting against them in their backyard already...should be interesting.

I see by your reply you did the smart thing and just accepted the loss to OU without getting all pissy. :lol:
You know, I let OU go because there isnt anything to say...Oklahoma have had Alabama's number historically, (3-1-1). Granted, only 1 of those was Saban era...but it stings the worst...lol

Oh sweet now you’re playing the military card to make me feel bad for giving you some shit. :P
Just joking with you. :mrgreen:
Nah, truth is the truth... :D
So, here ya go...just so ya see I wasnt slacking :wink: ....and i will have this weekends completed tomorrow...and fuck Jimmy the Greek 8) 8) 8)

Oct 31 - Nov 6 - Predictions

Oct 31 - Nov 6 - Finals
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Heres where i see this weekends games... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Auburn making Georgia look a little soft right now. Very interesting.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Artemis2085 wrote:Auburn making Georgia look a little soft right now. Very interesting.
I kinda could see it coming. Auburn hasn't exactly been a slouch team this year, and Georgia's escaped some close ones. It was only a matter of time.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Goddamn I hate Alabama. :x
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

exitflagger wrote:Goddamn I hate Alabama. :x
Me. Fucking. Too.

They'll be #1 (duh). But holy shit, what do you do with 2-4? Insane weekend.
Professional Hater
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Artemis2085 wrote:
exitflagger wrote:Goddamn I hate Alabama. :x
Me. Fucking. Too.

They'll be #1 (duh). But holy shit, what do you do with 2-4? Insane weekend.
Shake-up time again..CFP #1 Georgia falls, CFP #3 Notre Dame falls and CFP #6 TCU falls...where or where will the CFP fill in the blanks this next Tuesday????
I see the Top 10 this way:
#1 Alabama
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Miami
#4 Clemson
#5 Ohio State
#6 Wisconsin
#7 Auburn
#8 Notre Dame
#9 TCU
#10 USC

Granted, the CFP Committee arent fucking rocket surgeons, so you could wind up flipping Miami/Oklahoma, Clemson/Ohio State, Ohio State/Wisconsin and maybe even Wisconsin/Auburn...those people have no real rhyme or reason for some of their rankings really...
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Thank you Canes, for kicking Notre Lame's ass.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

This should be a fairly mediocre weekend of games with the exception of a few. (Justa heads up, I am still doing AP Top 10 games, not CFP Top 10)
#1 Alabama gets to "rest" a bit maybe with Mercer, and maybe use this game to help strengthen the weak links in the injured D-line and the swiss cheese Secondary. If not, then next Saturdays game may not be to Tide fans likings...just saying...

#2 Miami has Virginia on the field, and some might think this is an "easy" game, but Virginia could be a sneak-thief here, but most likely the Hurricanes dont skip a beat.

#5 Wisconsin steps in and takes on #19 Michigan. This could be a nightmare for either team...Wisconsin could lose their undefeated season dreams or Michigan could continue their drop-off in the Big 10. I have Michigan pulling a Freddy Kruger, dream killer for the Badgers...and an Upset Win.

And lastly...#9 Notre Dame meeting up with Navy. ND was torn to shreds by Miami last week, and we all know how a lot of teams respond to a serious thrashing late in the season; they fall apart and cant regroup quick enough to mitigate the damage. Having said that, coupled with Navy`s actual ppg and stats, I am calling this for Navy with the Upset Win...we shall see I reckon....

exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

WAR EAGLE!! Suck it, Nick!

Where's Mitzi?
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Wasnt my favorite weekend of this season by any stretch, but, it was still a good weekend of football.

Alabama lost, but we get an SEC CHampionship of Auburn vs Georgia for a repeat performance.

By far, my favorite game of the night, just finished, and gave me another "upset win" pick that actually came true...Notre Dame fell to Stanford! Now we will see Stanford vs USC in the PAC 12...and no one will really care since the PAC is out of contention for a CFP playoff spot.

Heres what we are looking at for Power 5 Conference games, and the CFP:
SEC - Auburn vs Georgia - Winner is in...Auburn would be the 1st 2 loss team allowed in since the CFP started
Big 10 - Ohio State vs Wisconsin - If Wisconsin wins, they are in...if Ohio State wins, they could be left out, still giving either Wisconsin or Alabama a way in...(Alabama needs TCU to win as well though)
Big 12 - TCU vs Oklahoma - Oklahoma wins, they are in...if TCU wins, they will likely get skipped and allow Alabama a foot in (Alabama needs that OSU win too though)
ACC - Miami vs Clemson - Winner is in regardless...
PAC 12 - Stanford vs USC...neither will be in regardless of winning the title...

Roll Tide Roll...11-1 is still a great fucking season, and there is a metric shit-ton of talent to build on next year. We still have a bit of possible "chaos" to get through, and if it works out just right, we may still get to see the Crimson Tide in the CFP....until then, it is what it is, College Football!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Since Nick Saban is a failure when it comes coaching he’s decided to join Horsebeef on rhythm guitar and become a rock star.

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

BodyBagz wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote: I see by your reply you did the smart thing and just accepted the loss to OU without getting all pissy. :lol:
You know, I let OU go because there isnt anything to say...Oklahoma have had Alabama's number historically, (3-1-1). Granted, only 1 of those was Saban era...but it stings the worst...lol
Hey BodyBagz I Goggled the history of all the times Oklahoma has played Alabama and look at this perfect trivia type question from the first time they met.

The two schools faced off for the first time in the 1962-63 Orange Bowl, where the Bear Bryant-led Crimson Tide shut out Oklahoma 17-0 with president John F. Kennedy in attendance.

That very well could have been the last football game that he saw in person.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

My boy Sumlin got fucked over. But he's already being pursued by Arizona State so good on him. His press conference last night was sad. Dude fighting back tears. Fuck the AD.
Professional Hater
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Artemis2085 wrote:My boy Sumlin got fucked over. But he's already being pursued by Arizona State so good on him. His press conference last night was sad. Dude fighting back tears. Fuck the AD.
Poor, poor Sumlin.

$CHA-CHING$

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/tex ... due-buyout
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:My boy Sumlin got fucked over. But he's already being pursued by Arizona State so good on him. His press conference last night was sad. Dude fighting back tears. Fuck the AD.
Poor, poor Sumlin.

$CHA-CHING$

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/tex ... due-buyout
Like any divorce, sometimes it's cheaper to keep her. I'd have let him finish out next year. To not even let him coach the bowl game is so fucked up. He's done so much here and is a great man. He doesn't deserve this shit.

Now the talk around here is a record breaking contract to be offered to Jimbo Fisher. Les Miles is another name that has come up.
Professional Hater
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Artemis2085 wrote:Now the talk around here is a record breaking contract to be offered to Jimbo Fisher. Les Miles is another name that has come up.
Fisher wouldn't do any better at TAM than Sumlin did. I hope they don't get him. That would be funny.

They're delusional (TAM AD), just like they're delusional at Arizona State.

https://247sports.com/Article/If-Texas- ... -111208787
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Arizona State is where you go to kill off your last chance at being a head coach for a proven winner with a rich history.

Les Miles is a joke if you’re a fan of A&M then that’s the last thing you want to see.

And not to piss you off but it sounds like A&M is trying to wear some big boy pants that are too big for them FSU is a way better job.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

AW, BURNED!!! How 'bout them Dawgs?!?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

dmbrocker wrote:AW, BURNED!!! How 'bout them Dawgs?!?
That was how the 1st game between Georgia and Auburn this season was supposed to go! Had they played that way earlier, I think an ALabama (Nick Saban) vs Georgia (Kirby Smart) game would have been more interesting...but I digress.

I will be pulling for Kirby and the Bulldogs to take it all the way this year. Its been a pretty damn good year all around for Alabama and former Alabama coaching staff...
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Arizona State is where you go to kill off your last chance at being a head coach for a proven winner with a rich history.

Les Miles is a joke if you’re a fan of A&M then that’s the last thing you want to see.

And not to piss you off but it sounds like A&M is trying to wear some big boy pants that are too big for them FSU is a way better job.
Not pissing me off, bc it's true. He's not worth no 70M either. And he's going to have a hard time recruiting here in Texas. TAMU are going to suck hard next year.

Goddamn Alabama #4. Fucking joke. Fuck Nick Satan.
Professional Hater
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Artemis2085 wrote:Goddamn Alabama #4. Fucking joke. Fuck Nick Satan.
I hope Clemson beats the pants off of 'Bama and we get to see a Georgia/Clemson title game. I'm smack dab in between the two schools, and what a matchup it would be!
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

As a fan of Alabama, I am happy about this #4 pick...but as a College Football fan, I think it was the wrong decision. In my mind, based on everything, I dont know that I wouldnt have given Wisconsin the benefit of the doubt ad fucked bth Alabama and Ohio State! Or, do whats actually fair, and give the #4 slot to the ONLY 0 loss team, a conference champion, even if they arent Power 5, UCF Knights...and see just what they bring to the table with the big guns...
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

BodyBagz wrote:As a fan of Alabama, I am happy about this #4 pick...but as a College Football fan, I think it was the wrong decision. In my mind, based on everything, I dont know that I wouldnt have given Wisconsin the benefit of the doubt
Wisconsin beat NOBODY (of note). Biggest cake schedule in the country.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Um, how 'bout them Dawgs? Holy Double Overtime Rose Bowl win, Batman! We're going to the championship, baby!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

:lol:
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

:lol:
Sorry, Eddie! That had to be a heartbreaker for you! :lol:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Yeah it sucked but strangely enough I’m not beside myself. They played a good game if it had gone like the bowl game from a couple of years ago against Clemson I’d feel different. I liked Bob Stoops but I was ready for something different and I’m convinced we got a good young one in Riley. Gonna miss Baker though he was fun to watch. I’d love to see him have a Brees type QB career in the NFL.