Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by dmbrocker »

I am literally in shock at how close Nicholls came to upsetting Georgia. Close one there, Dawgs!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Did Florida State even prepare for this game?
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I feel your pain FSU fans. Probably going to a bad day for my team too tonight. For the 2nd time this season.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Worst ass kicking I've seen in my 30+ years as an FSU fan.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Close call tonight for my Georgia Southern Eagles over UL-Monroe, and Georgia's losing a close one to Mizzou. Hang in there, 'Dawgs! And yeah, poor FSU. That was just horrible!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Thank God it's NFL Sunday. Just fucking brutal and I expected as much but still.

I don't know which was the most impressive yesterday- Ohio State slapping the shit out of OU - Louisville dominant victory or Alabama coming back and winning.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:Thank God it's NFL Sunday. Just fucking brutal and I expected as much but still.

I don't know which was the most impressive yesterday- Ohio State slapping the shit out of OU - Louisville dominant victory or Alabama coming back and winning.
Probably Louisville, but I was also impressed with that comeback win by Georgia over Mizzou. Eason to McKenzie! BAM!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Thank God it's NFL Sunday. Just fucking brutal and I expected as much but still.

Did Stoops release the back up QB that made those ridiculous comments about the Ohio St. defense? And why did the kid have an interview with the media
in the 1st place? He's the back up QB!
Sooners have no D. They have no rush. No strong LB that can command the middle of the field. They have no DB's that can cover or can tackle or can take the right angles.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I know it's just pitiful. Last year was really a mirage. We beat TN barely on the road which was a good victory but it's not like TN was an SEC heavyweight and then the TCU and Baylor games were without their normal QB. So we went to the playoffs and faced a real team and got exposed.

And then we have this year. I can't believe that going by the calendar Summer's not over and we're lucky as fuck to even be in the top 25 and you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. We're behind obviously in the talent department it shows when we go up against quality teams.

Stoops is great if your happy with avg. teams with a winning record but he sucks when it comes to big games. He's been skating by thanks to his 2nd season as coach. The feeling around here is he may be the programs all time wins leader but he ain't close to being as good as Switzer.

I try not to let it bother me but damned if it don't piss me off when I dwell on it. That's why I said thank God it's Sunday in my earlier post. I hate to see the Steelers lose but it's the NFL everybody loses once in awhile so I can cope with that but fuckin Stoops gets me worked up when I think about him and OU.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Boy. Ole Miss sure is destroying the 'Dawgs today!
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Georgia is baad, mmkay?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Frett_Bored wrote:Georgia is baad, mmkay?
They were yesterday, that's for sure. Kirby inherited Richt's recruiting class, which wasn't exactly the best, so it'll be a few more years, I think, before the 'Dawgs truly get back to SEC champhionship/National title contender status again.
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Les Miles is done at LSU. Offensive coordinator's out too. :|
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

exitflagger wrote:Les Miles is done at LSU. Offensive coordinator's out too. :|
I'm not shocked by this. I went to the LSU/Wisconsin game in Lambeau this year and talked to many LSU fans after the game (some of the nicest fans I have ever met, btw). 90% of them said that a good things about the result of that game was that it was likely going to be a nail in the coffin that was Les' time as coach there. They did not hold back in their frustration with him and their desire to see him go.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

exitflagger wrote:Les Miles is done at LSU. Offensive coordinator's out too. :|
Clay Helton may be available in about 2 more weeks.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:
Frett_Bored wrote:Georgia is baad, mmkay?
They were yesterday, that's for sure. Kirby inherited Richt's recruiting class, which wasn't exactly the best, so it'll be a few more years, I think, before the 'Dawgs truly get back to SEC champhionship/National title contender status again.
Georgia and Tennessee are so overrated it makes me ill. Can't wait to see them got REALLY exposed out there.

Meanwhile life is good for my 3 favorite teams. Although I'm concerned after that dog and pony show at Cal, Texas could be contenders down the stretch. My hometown Baylor Bears continue to have arguably the most explosive offense in CFB and really should be ranked a tad higher than #14. And the Aggies just keep getting it done every week. They're the team to beat at this point, and the only team I can see legitimately challenging Fuckabama and Nick Satan.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

This Oklahoma State vs. Texas game is fun to watch.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

That endzone fumble recovery by the Vols, though!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Last second touchdown for the 'Dawgs!

BOOM!!!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

And so much for that. What a last second catch by the Vols!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

dmbrocker wrote:And so much for that. What a last second catch by the Vols!
Unbelievable!!! What a fuckin game.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Agreed. That was just a crazy finish!
eddie lee roth

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Post by eddie lee roth »

Instant classic.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, Clemson's gonna escape with a close win!
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

dmbrocker wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:
Agreed. That was just a crazy finish!
Great plays, but horrible defense on both TD catches. The dumbass penalty didn't help Georgia either.

How about the 54-yard game winner for UNC? It looked like it would have been good from 60.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Looks like Charlie Strong is out at Texas already:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/repor ... 51688.html
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Do you feel a little bit better today FSU fans?

I know I do after yesterdays game in the Cotton Bowl. Not much but a little bit at least. :lol:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

WTF happened to FamousJames? Any of you guys keep up with him outside of Sludge, if so give the rest of us a update.

Between not posting in this thread which he's the original poster and that damn hurricane I hope everything is alright in his world.

He's good people, anybody who would take on rescuing dogs and cats and giving them a place to live like he does is alright in my book.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fun article to read about the Michigan win and Steak promotion "gone bad"
Michigan Steakhouse's Promotion Blows Up After Wolverines Blow out Rutgers

The details are simple: For every point the Wolverines beat the Scarlet Knights by, fans would receive that percentage off their bill the following week. It is important to note, however, that the discount was capped at 50 percent.

Including a limit turned out to be a wise move.

Michigan was up by 50 points less than five minutes after halftime on its way to a 78-0 trouncing of Rutgers, which means fans can go to the steakhouse through Thursday and get their meal half off.

You better believe people are taking advantage of the deal. According to ESPN.com's Dan Murphy, every reservation slot through Thursday has been filled—and the restaurant has even had to turn away customers:
Ruth's Chris Steak House has received an unbelievable amount of free publicity as a result of the promotion. For now, it just has to weather the storm and get through the week as painlessly as possible.

"I love this," general manager Buzz Goebel said, per Murphy. "It's kind of scary, but you can't buy this kind of advertising. If we execute perfectly, we're in good shape."

The amount of buzz this promotion has gotten for the steakhouse should help ease the sting of the steep discounts. On the other hand, businesses everywhere have learned a valuable lesson from this situation—always put a cap on the discount.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

That NC State kicker must be pretty devastated right now, as are most likely the 'Dawgs after that one point Vandy loss. Some close finishes so far today!