Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Artemis2085 »

BodyBagz wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:And #2 Clemson just got out-played by Syracuse and fall 27 - 24.... :shock:
:shock: What?!

I was watching that game. That fake punt play was atrocious. I came outside to smoke and Sludge on my phone and now it's over? Whoa.

The SEC is officially wide open now. Me and my uncle were just talking about this today. How we felt A&M had a shot at beating Clemson but Clemson would most likely be in Atlanta come January. Wow. This should give everyone a shot in the arm for sure.
Yep...it wasnt pretty, but it damn sure was enough...

The SEC right now is really a 3 legged race...Alabama and Auburn in the West and Georgia in the East. If Georgia beats Auburn first, then its a better shot for Alabama when the Iron Bowl rolls around. Then it will be Alabama vs Georgia for the SEC Championship and the winner is guaranteed a CFP berth.

Heres the shit kicker thats going to piss A LOT (everyone not either an Alabama, Georgia or SEC fan) of people off...what if Penn State loses to Ohio State or Michigan State...and falls. Georgia continues to win out, and makes it all the way in the CFP POll to #2...Alabama wins out and stays at #1....and the 2 of them meet at the SEC Championship...regardless of who wins, the CFP is likely to give BOTH teams a CFP berth...especially if #3 and #4 are 1 loss teams with weaker SOS, or even a no loss PAC 12 team with no losses.... :shock: :? :lol:
That's a damn good point. All year long it was about how its UCLA's year, and Florida & Bama in the rubber match. But now it's wide open much like the Big 12. I think A&M can finish 9-3 and get in there. I do think Penn State will lose at least one game. It's shaping up to be one hell of an Iron Bowl, and a VERY important game in the grand scheme of things.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Now #8 Washington State falls to California, 37 - 3...and no one saw this coming....

Now the PAC 12 is about to seriously get interesting....
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Go Cuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssseeeeee.
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Aw BURN!

LSU comes back from 20-zip to whoop that ass! 8)
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

exitflagger wrote:Aw BURN!

LSU comes back from 20-zip to whoop that ass! 8)
Crazy, huh? War Eagle went down in flames today! Looks like the Dawgs are still rolling over Mizzou at the moment. Hope they can pull it off.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

I called thie LSU upset of Auburn...and only missed the final score by a total of 3 points on LSU and 2 points on Auburn. LSU was totally committed to winning, and Auburn just cant shake the "curse" of Death Valley. 8)

I also had GT upsetting Miami today, and had it not been for that last FG, I would have had that one too... :lol:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

San Diego State don't cry..2nd asskicking is coming...stupid ass cunt scabs
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Hopefully...this is the 1 and only Chaos weekend this season... :D

#2 Clemson...beaten
#5 Washington...Beaten
#8 Washington State...beaten
#10 Auburn....beaten
#11 Miami...skims by, by 1 point...
#12 Oklahoma...skims by, by 5 points
#13 USC....skims by, by 1 point....
#19 San DIego State....beaten

This will do some serious upfuckery of the AP Poll. I see the Top 10 coming out like this:

#1 Alabama Crimson Tide
#2 Penn State Nittany Lions
#3 Georgia Bulldogs
#4 TCU Horned Frogs
#5 Ohio State
#6 Wisconsin
#7 Oklahoma Sooners
#8 Miami Hurricanes
#9 Oklahoma State Cowboys
#10 USC Trojans

Here is what my prediction vs final outcome looked like...Image
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

BodyBagz wrote:I called thie LSU upset of Auburn...and only missed the final score by a total of 3 points on LSU and 2 points on Auburn. LSU was totally committed to winning, and Auburn just cant shake the "curse" of Death Valley. 8)

I also had GT upsetting Miami today, and had it not been for that last FG, I would have had that one too... :lol:
I'll give it to you, you called some of these updets.

I think Coach O extended his tenure at Auburn.

Texas gave OU all they could handle but those two 4th down calls killed their chances. Seriously wtf?

It wasn't pretty at The Swamp, but A&M pulled it off. Is it enough to get them ranked? Should be, but we'll see.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Well, the AP shakeup was just about as expected. I forgot to include Clemson last night, chalk it up to a brainfart...

New AP Poll looks like this:
#1 Alabama
#2 Penn State
#3 Georgia
#4 TCU
#5 Wisconsin
#6 Ohio State
#7 Clemson
#8 Miami
#9 Oklahoma
#10 Oklahoma State
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Gamecocks fan...so I hate Georgia. That being said, I think Georgia would hammer Penn State.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

I still don't understand why Texas A&M aren't in. They're 5-2 and 2nd in the SEC West.
Professional Hater
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Artemis2085 wrote:I still don't understand why Texas A&M aren't in. They're 5-2 and 2nd in the SEC West.
Most likely, its due to the 2 losses and the their SOS. They lost early to UCLA, who now are now 3-3, pollsters let those 1st games carry a lot more weight than what they should generally. Then TAMU went on a 3 game win streak, but 2 games were cupcakes and the 3rd was Arkansas who everyone knows isnt a strong team this year. Then they go toe-to-toe with the #1 Crimson Tide, losing only by 9...played Alabama better than any team so far. Next they squeak out a win over Florida. Overall, their win/loss record is good, but the quality of wins and quality of losses compared to their opponents is working against them. I can see them jumping into the polls if they win out the remainder of their SEC games..and thats a tough row to hoe...
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Artemis2085 wrote:I think Coach O extended his tenure at Auburn.
Did you mean vs. Auburn or AT LSU (because the game was also at LSU)?
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

So, since I shared my shit already, might as well keep it up right...

So, here we are, Week 8...and what a fine weekend of football it will be!
For those who are living under a rock, this is The 3rd Weekend in October...#1 Alabama Crimson Tide vs the Tennessee Volunteers...what could be any better for a fall day?
There are some other notable games, dont fret non SEC fans:
#2 Penn State vs #19 Michigan
#4 TCU Horned Frogs vs Kansas Jayhawks
#5 Wisconsin takes on Maryland
#8 Miami duels it out with The Clemson Killers, the Syracuse Orangemen
Etc, Etc, Etc...most of the Top 20 are playing, pnly 4 byes this week.
With that said, I am now dropping to the AP Top 15...the bottom 5 spots truly at this point pose no issue to the top 15 spots. In a couple more weeks, I will drop to the AP Top 10, and then down to the CFP Poll....
So, without further ado, heres this weeks board...2 Upset Picks this week:
#8 Miami vs Syracuse...and I am taking Syracuse....Miami is ripe for a fall and Syracuse has already claimed one Top team..GT carried Miami all the way to the final 42 seconds before Miami pulled out a 2 point win...
#11 USC Trojans vs #13 Notre Dame Fighting Irish...and I think USC can take the Flaky Irish, even with a jacked-up and wrecked Defense...at least I am hoping. Strange things happen, and ND has a habit of falling apart at the worst times...like this weekend.. 8)

BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Well, the Tide is still Rolling, and the Volunteers are still shitty...with a decent set of good players. Butch Jones has got to go at some point...

Oh, and I barely missed my prediction on this game...

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Close one today, Sooners!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

So, Georgia Southern finally got rid of their coach today after a lousy 1 1/2 seasons...He won't be missed.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Las Vegas send swim team this week better competition
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Yep...its almost time again...so heres my predictions for this weekends games...AP Top 15.... 8)

Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

JT Barrett just edged back into the Heisman race.

Take away the kickoff and one big run, and Barkley looked extremely pedestrian.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

McElwain out at FL. Who didn't see this coming???
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Frett_Bored wrote:JT Barrett just edged back into the Heisman race.

Take away the kickoff and one big run, and Barkley looked extremely pedestrian.
Nah...Barrett may be on the radar, but he wont get an invite unless they take 5 or more...way too much competition out there right now...

Saquon Barkley - Penn State
Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
Bryce Love - Stanford
Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
Josh Adams - Notre Dame

Unless something terrible happens to those ^^^ 5 guys, JT will get to sit at home and watch with the rest of us.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Man, do I love College Football...
Next weekend is going to be a great weekend as well....

#1 Alabama vs #19 LSU @ Tuscaloosa...and the Tide come out as a 21.5 point favorite. I dont agree with that spread, but I will deal with that when I post up my next prediction board later this week.

#16 Auburn takes on Texas A&M...this should give Auburn a true test seeing as TAMU gave #1 Alabama their best game so far this season.

#7 Penn State vs #24 Michigan State...another Big 10 match-up that Penn State desperately needs to win after the loss to Ohio State.

#2 Georgia vs South Carolina...why does this game matter you ask? Well, simple, the Gamecocks always come to play, and in the past, they have been spoilers of sorts, and this is exactly the type of game that "old Richt-led Georgia" would lose and start the downfall of their season...Kirby needs to keep the train on the tracks here...

#8 Oklahoma vs #11 Oklahoma State..Battle in Bedlam...need i say more?

Heres the results of the picks I made for this weekend's games...out of 15 played, I got the winners right in 13 of them, of those wins I had the score within 10 points of the actual final score, and 4 more I had within 15 points. On top of that, I had Arizona picked as an "upset" over #15 Washington State, and they pulled it off! Overall, great weekend for me and my "predictions"...
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Don’t take this the wrong way but nobody gives a fuck about you doing this Jimmy the Greek imitation of yours.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Where are you Bodybagz? Don’t take my shit talking personal. I’ve got to talk a little bit of trash you’re the Alabama fan on here.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Where are you Bodybagz? Don’t take my shit talking personal. I’ve got to talk a little bit of trash you’re the Alabama fan on here.
:lol:

I cannot fucking stand Nick Satan. I admire the team's he's put together and what he's done with them. But I'm ready to see the fucker get knocked down a peg.

The dirt going around is that Kevin Sumlin will be fired following the LSU game.
Professional Hater
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Artemis2085 wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Where are you Bodybagz? Don’t take my shit talking personal. I’ve got to talk a little bit of trash you’re the Alabama fan on here.
:lol:

I cannot fucking stand Nick Satan. I admire the team's he's put together and what he's done with them. But I'm ready to see the fucker get knocked down a peg.

The dirt going around is that Kevin Sumlin will be fired following the LSU game.
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/texas- ... 43746.html
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Im still here. I dont take things personally...I was out of pocket last weekend...had my National Guard gig, so I didnt get around to posting anything anywhere except my FB page...hahaha :mrgreen:
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Artemis2085 wrote: :lol:
Nick Saban is what Nick Saban is...a great College football coach who knows how to not just coach young players, but also how to get them to believe that they can, are and will be the best. Now, having said that, even as a true "homer" for the Tide, I am one of his staunchest critics at times. I still havent quit being pissed at him for the "Kick 6" a few years ago, and I likely never will; it was the wrong fucking thing to do, going for the 1 sec back and then trying a ludicrous FG. Same thing with the loss to Ohio State...he made the decision to forgo the running game (Derrick Henry) and in turn, Ohio State came out with the win. The man is fallible...and fans are fickle as fuck...especially Alabama fans. They are too eager to forget the shitty years, and I am a firm believer that about 65% of Alabama fans now are <10 year fans...they jumped on board when Nick started winning. I think he still has a solid 5 years left before he hangs up his straw hat and takes the AD job...

Sumlin is 1 of several who will shift around...the SEC is getting gutted a bit;
Sumlin @ Texas A&M
Butch Jones @ Tennessee
Bielema possibly @ Arkansas
Malzahn possibly @ Auburn
Ole Miss will be looking possibly to replace their "interim" coach, but may wait until after the fallout from the NCAA probe and just use the interim guy as a "until we can find a real guy"
Florida will have the same thing going on with Randy Shannon...hard to think he will stay on as HC...