Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Gritt »

dmbrocker wrote:Well, the Hawkeyes are officially undefeated for the regular season. Could they be a national title contender?
Michigan State will kick their ass in the Big 10 title game.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Did anyone just see that catch by Auburn?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Stanford DAGGER.

So beautiful. :lol:

D
o
w
n

G
o

T
h
e

I
r
i
s
h
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Florida state champions again. That will keep the recruits coming. They have the best running back in the country and are loaded. Ten wins in a rebuilding year, I'll take it. Next year the Noles are going to be right in the title hunt again.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

OU hangs half a hundred + 8 in Bedlam game.
35 point win on the road. Great game from the dual RB's
and Mayfield made zero mistakes & was part of 3 TD's.

With this statement victory tonight and winning by such a wide
margin on the road, difficult for this team not to be in top 4 of playoff rankings.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Great pass to set up the field goal by Stanford. Stupid facemask call on ND. I really thought the Irish were a top four team and the second loss knocks them out, but this is a better all around ND team than the one that played for the title a couple years back.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

johnk5150 wrote:Did anyone just see that catch by Auburn?
I honestly think Auburn practices fucked up pass play/catches...seems the last 2 or 3 years they have had at least 1 or 2 a year... :lol:

Too bad they couldnt manage to just fucking catch passes that were straight to the receivers...Roll Tide heading to the SEC Championship again... 8)
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Gritt wrote: They have the best running back in the country
And which country would that be, Portugal? While Dalvin Cook is a great RB, he is a great RB in a lackluster conference. Ezekial Elliot, Leonard Fournette, Samaje Perine, and Derrick Henry are all better backs. Theres a reason Derrick Henry, and Leonard Fournette before him were the Heisman favorite RB`s.

Derrick Henry just had a 271 yd game tonight, with 1 lone TD. This is the 5th time this year he has went for 200+ yards in a game. He has 1,796 yards this season so far, and still has at the least, the SEC Championship game and a CFB Semi-final Playoff game...and possibly the actual CFB Championship game...he realistically will go over 2000 yds on the season. He has had at least 1 rushing TD in 17 consecutive games. Derrick Henry, by all accounts, is The Best Running Back In This Country.... 8)
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

johnk5150 wrote:Great pass to set up the field goal by Stanford. Stupid facemask call on ND. I really thought the Irish were a top four team and the second loss knocks them out, but this is a better all around ND team than the one that played for the title a couple years back.
The Irish this year are/were just like the Irish from years past...over rated to an extent, but fortunate to a further extent. I was happier to see Stanford beat them than I was to see LSU beat TAMU...and smiled more when that last field goal soared through the uprights than I was when Derrick Henry ran in the last TD in the Iron Bowl...Fuck The "Feigning Irish".... :twisted:
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Here is my CFP Playoff Poll projection for this coming week...

#1 Clemson
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Alabama
#4 Iowa

^^^#2 Alabama and #3 Oklahoma trade spots due to Alabama struggling with a losing Auburn team until the 2nd half and Oklahoma dismantling a very good Oklahoma State team and hanging 35 off of the Cowboys in Bedlam...eye test says the Bedlam battle was better than the Iron Bowl and the Playoff Committee will reward the Sooners for it.

ACC Championship
#1 Clemson vs #14 UNC - #1 Clemson will win, but only by 10 or less.

SEC Championship
#2 Alabama vs Florida - #2 Alabama takes this with 17 over Florida..Henry goes for 150+ and 2 TD`s.

Big XII Championship - There fucking isnt one...retarded as it is, Oklahoma actually earned this one, unlike what TCU/Baylor went through last year.

Big 10 Championship
#4 Iowa vs #5 Michigan State - #5 Michigan State will be the spoiler of the Hawkeyes and end their unblemished (post)season, but it will be by 7 or less. With this loss, Iowa will drop to #5, the Spartans will move up to #4 in the final CFP Poll.

Final CFP Poll:
#1 Clemson
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Alabama
#4 Michigan State

Semi-finals:
#1 Clemson vs #3 Alabama
#2 Oklahoma vs #4 Michigan State
** I see the semi-final match-ups being split this way for several reasons...(1) location between the teams playing. Alabama and Clemson are closer in proximity at 325 miles, where Alabama vs Oklahoma at 700 miles or Michigan at 786 miles. Oklahoma to Michigan is 1002 miles, Oklahoma to Clemson is 976 miles and Alabama again at 700 miles. Michigan to Clemson is 755 miles. (2) Playing conditions...Oklahoma and Michigan are accustomed to colder games where Alabama and Clemson are more used to temperate conditions. Providing a final game on basically "neutral ground".
Or, the CFP will just go #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3 like last year...its up to them in the end.**

Personally, as an Alabama fan, I want Clemson in the Semi...statistically speaking, Oklahoma is 3-1-1 vs Alabama...those 3 wins all came from 2000 and up, including back to back wins in 2002-3 and 2014. Combine history with Baker Mayfield, Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine and this Sooner team scares the shit out of me...and thats with me believing ALabama`s Front 7 are the best front 7 in the nation...Mayfield is just a dominant QB who can lead his team awesomely well. Clemson is a better game for the Tide...the front 7 are beastly when they are firing on all cylinders and Clemson hasnt had tovrun or pass against a D like what Bama brings to the game...they will muscle offenses until they just cant breathe and perform...looking at LSU, MSU, TAMU and Auburn...

CFP Championship:
#3 Alabama vs #4 Michigan State - This is what I would like to see. Alabama and Michigan stack up pretty well Offensively and Defensively. This would be a great "football game" as opposed to a possible shut-out if it winds up being Oklahoma vs Clemson or Alabama...hell, I`m not sure Oklahoma wont shut-out any of the other 3 at this point.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

I am going to laugh my ass off if Florida pulls off the miracle upset and the SEC is locked out of the playoffs completely.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

BodyBagz wrote:Here is my CFP Playoff Poll projection for this coming week...

#1 Clemson
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Alabama
#4 Iowa

^^^#2 Alabama and #3 Oklahoma trade spots due to Alabama struggling with a losing Auburn team until the 2nd half and Oklahoma dismantling a very good Oklahoma State team and hanging 35 off of the Cowboys in Bedlam...eye test says the Bedlam battle was better than the Iron Bowl and the Playoff Committee will reward the Sooners for it.

ACC Championship
#1 Clemson vs #14 UNC - #1 Clemson will win, but only by 10 or less.

SEC Championship
#2 Alabama vs Florida - #2 Alabama takes this with 17 over Florida..Henry goes for 150+ and 2 TD`s.

Big XII Championship - There fucking isnt one...retarded as it is, Oklahoma actually earned this one, unlike what TCU/Baylor went through last year.

Big 10 Championship
#4 Iowa vs #5 Michigan State - #5 Michigan State will be the spoiler of the Hawkeyes and end their unblemished (post)season, but it will be by 7 or less. With this loss, Iowa will drop to #5, the Spartans will move up to #4 in the final CFP Poll.

Final CFP Poll:
#1 Clemson
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Alabama
#4 Michigan State

Semi-finals:
#1 Clemson vs #3 Alabama
#2 Oklahoma vs #4 Michigan State
** I see the semi-final match-ups being split this way for several reasons...(1) location between the teams playing. Alabama and Clemson are closer in proximity at 325 miles, where Alabama vs Oklahoma at 700 miles or Michigan at 786 miles. Oklahoma to Michigan is 1002 miles, Oklahoma to Clemson is 976 miles and Alabama again at 700 miles. Michigan to Clemson is 755 miles. (2) Playing conditions...Oklahoma and Michigan are accustomed to colder games where Alabama and Clemson are more used to temperate conditions. Providing a final game on basically "neutral ground".
Or, the CFP will just go #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3 like last year...its up to them in the end.**

Personally, as an Alabama fan, I want Clemson in the Semi...statistically speaking, Oklahoma is 3-1-1 vs Alabama...those 3 wins all came from 2000 and up, including back to back wins in 2002-3 and 2014. Combine history with Baker Mayfield, Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine and this Sooner team scares the shit out of me...and thats with me believing ALabama`s Front 7 are the best front 7 in the nation...Mayfield is just a dominant QB who can lead his team awesomely well. Clemson is a better game for the Tide...the front 7 are beastly when they are firing on all cylinders and Clemson hasnt had tovrun or pass against a D like what Bama brings to the game...they will muscle offenses until they just cant breathe and perform...looking at LSU, MSU, TAMU and Auburn...

CFP Championship:
#3 Alabama vs #4 Michigan State - This is what I would like to see. Alabama and Michigan stack up pretty well Offensively and Defensively. This would be a great "football game" as opposed to a possible shut-out if it winds up being Oklahoma vs Clemson or Alabama...hell, I`m not sure Oklahoma wont shut-out any of the other 3 at this point.
You made a lot of great points. The fact that OU might face Bama again has the making for a great game. Though I'm not sure who would be favored
I don't care if OU gets ranked #1 or #4. Just as long as they are in. Whomever lines up on the other side of the ball is bound to be a solid team.

Unsure if anybody saw OU winning by 35 tonight. OK State had poor play from the QB, but did that even matter tonight? In the last 3 week OU has dismantled team. And some of you here predicted they would not.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

FamousJames wrote:I am going to laugh my ass off if Florida pulls off the miracle upset and the SEC is locked out of the playoffs completely.
It would have to be a fucking miracle on the same scale as the virgin birth...did you see what Florida brought to the table against your Seminoles?

The only hope for Florida is Derrick Henry trips getting out of a shower and breaks his leg, Reuben Foster falls off a treadmill and stubs his toe and ArDarius Stewert strains his groin while eating BBQ. The Gaytors have nothing in the bag for this Tide team..now, if Grier was still there, I might be a bit more concerned, but he isnt and neither am I. :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

I fucking hate Alabama.

Iron Bowl 2013! Auburn stuns Alabama with 109-yard field-goal return to end the game that will live forever!

-----------------------

Fucking Cornhuskers.....

#4 Iowa 28 Nebraska 20

NEB - Tommy Armstrong 296yds 0TD 4INT's including a pick 6
Iowa - C.J. Beathard 97yds 1TD

3rd down conversion
Iowa 0-9
Neb 7-16

1st downs - Iowa 10 Nebraska 22
Yards - Iowa 250yds Nebraska 433yds

Neb 8 minutes more possession
Neb Penalties 8-95yds
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Florida's defense was solid and I'd expect Alabama to get off to a slow start. But with nothing but a running back for an offense and no kicking game that defense is gonna have to play perfectly and still outscore Alabama. I'd love to see it happen just to watch ESPN have a conniption, but it won't.

I see Clemson and Alabama playing for all of the marbles and think that'd be a great game. Clemson is scary good this year. Might have looked a little sloppy against South Carolina but that's a rivalry game and Spurrier's swan song so I wouldn't discredit them too much over it.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

FamousJames wrote:Might have looked a little sloppy against South Carolina but that's a rivalry game and Spurrier's swan song so I wouldn't discredit them too much over it.
Spurrier has been GONE (retired) since October 13. There was no swan song to be had.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

BodyBagz wrote:
And which country would that be, Portugal? While Dalvin Cook is a great RB, he is a great RB in a lackluster conference. Ezekial Elliot, Leonard Fournette, Samaje Perine, and Derrick Henry are all better backs. Theres a reason Derrick Henry, and Leonard Fournette before him were the Heisman favorite RB`s.

Derrick Henry just had a 271 yd game tonight, with 1 lone TD. This is the 5th time this year he has went for 200+ yards in a game. He has 1,796 yards this season so far, and still has at the least, the SEC Championship game and a CFB Semi-final Playoff game...and possibly the actual CFB Championship game...he realistically will go over 2000 yds on the season. He has had at least 1 rushing TD in 17 consecutive games. Derrick Henry, by all accounts, is The Best Running Back In This Country.... 8)
Cook has 1650 yards rushing and 18 touchdowns this season. He's also missed a game and parts of two others for injury. He's a threat to score on every play. Yes, he's the best back in the country.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Gritt wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:

Cook has 1650 yards rushing and 18 touchdowns this season. He's also missed a game and parts of two others for injury. He's a threat to score on every play. Yes, he's the best back in the country.
Funny...you would think if that were true, he would be the lauded front-runner in the Heisman race...yet he isnt, by any accounts that matter, Derrick Henry is...

The top 5 Heisman candidates to watch in the final weeks of the season...Derrick Henry ranked #1...Dalvin Cook..not listed....

ESPN Experts' Poll - Heisman Watch...Derrick Henry in the lead...Dalvin Cook sitting in 5th...

Kyle Burger’s Heisman Watch: Week 13 Contenders...Derrick Henry as the leader at this point...Dalvin Cook listed 4th...

I can keep doing this, but I think you see the trend...On paper and in most of the sports world`s opinion, Derrick Henry is the front-runner for the Heisman, and the best RB in the Nation.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

That's fine. I still think he's the best back in the country.

My top four this week
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. Michigan State
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, Richt finally got shitcanned by Georgia, which is a shame as well as he's done. Any ideas who might replace him?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

dmbrocker wrote:Well, Richt finally got shitcanned by Georgia, which is a shame as well as he's done. Any ideas who might replace him?
Stupid move in my opinion...just another AD and Booster Group chasing titles. Richt is a consistent 10+ wins a season coach, he will be hard to replace without Georgia going through 2-3 years of pure mediocrity IMO.

They are targeted on Kirby Smart the DC at Alabama. Kirby is a former UGA player and assisted under Richt in 2005.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

It really blows my mind when teams fire coaches like Richt. At least LSU came to their senses and kept Miles. The guy won a national title and played for another. Most schools in America would kill for that kind of abject failure.

I have a soft spot for Richt from his years as offensive coordinator at FSU. Good stand up guy, great coach. He will land another job in no time.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Gritt wrote:It really blows my mind when teams fire coaches like Richt. At least LSU came to their senses and kept Miles. The guy won a national title and played for another. Most schools in America would kill for that kind of abject failure.

I have a soft spot for Richt from his years as offensive coordinator at FSU. Good stand up guy, great coach. He will land another job in no time.
Yeah, I agree, Richt wont be jobless for long. I do think he will have to leave the SEC for a new HC position. His only option to stay in the SEC is South Carolina, but I am not sure they would want to take him as he would be seen as the same as Spurrier...good for 10 win seasons, but no titles.

He very easily can stay right there in Athens employed by Georgia in some other function for a year or 2, which gives his wife time to complete her Nursing Degree, and then look for HC job elsewhere.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo ... erate-sec/

Anyone see this? Thoughts/replies from the SEC faithful?
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Now that he's not working for ESPN he has a longer leash.
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

FamousJames wrote:http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo ... erate-sec/

I think he's full of shit. Put any of the Big 10 teams into the SEC and see how they fare.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Here's an interesting take on why Richt was fired (and why Les Miles was almost fired from LSU). Indeed, beating Saban's 21 century 'Bama dynasty has been a hard task for many SEC teams:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-nick-s ... 02242.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

FamousJames wrote:http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo ... erate-sec/

Simple...just like 95% of the top 25 year in and year out, the SEC lives on previous accomplishments. Some years, it proves to be true, some others, its proves to be false. The fact is, for the BCS period, the SEC was the most dominant conference...or do you just blindly ignore the 7 straight SEC wins?

Notre Dame, always a pre-season favorite...usually falls apart later in the season...1 BCS appearance and got the ever-loving shit kicked out of them by and SEC team..
Oregon, rose up during the last 6 or 7 years, got a head of steam, finally made it to the big show and got the shit kicked out of them by and SEC team..
Ohio State, gets Urban and makes a run, make it to the big game and win...come back as pre-season favorites to repeat...and now arent in the picture
USC, all time Poll faves, havent really had anything to be proud of, but somehow still are considered powerful by sportswriters, based strictly off past records

The SEC gets a ton of this because of those 7 straight BCS titles...now that the SEC has either cooled off, or the other conferences have leveled the playing field via better recruiting, all of a sudden the ENTIRE SEC is "over rated" and has been for years? Really? Or, could it just be that the rest of the college football world has kicked it up a notch? God forbid we actually give some credit to these other programs...surely its all related to the SEC being over rated...You cant have it both ways...
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

dmbrocker wrote:Here's an interesting take on why Richt was fired (and why Les Miles was almost fired from LSU). Indeed, beating Saban's 21 century 'Bama dynasty has been a hard task for many SEC teams:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-nick-s ... 02242.html
Thing is, its not just SEC schools that are using Saban as the yardstick by which to measure their programs. All conferences are doing it. Look at Texas and Charlie Strong...Texas has repeatedly made it known that Nick Saban is their #1 coaching choice...even while hiring Strong.

Very few schools have the resources to pay an HC what Alabama pays Saban, or Ohio State pays Urban...when your resume includes Conference and National titles, you go to a very different level. So you have schools looking to get as close to what Saban can offer...thats why his assistants and coordinators wind up with nice HC jobs...Les Miles, Jim McElwain, Jimbo Fisher and Dabo Swinney all owe a big debt to Saban, and are expected to bring his level of performance to their schools.
Les Miles - 2 BCS Championship appearances, 1 BCS National Championship
Jimbo Fisher, 1 BCS appearance with 1 BCS National Championship
Dabo Swinney, likely 1 CFP Semi-final game, possibly 1 CFP Final and Championship
Jim McElwain - has brought Florida up from the ashes to play in its 1st SEC Championship since Urbam Myer left.

While I love Saban for what he has done for the Crimson Tide as far as coaching and winning games, I have to admit, he sets a very high bar, and I fear it will one day be even too high for him to get above. Alabama can be a finicky school...all it takes is for a couple 10 Win and no title game seasons and the Board of Trustees will be looking for new blood...just like these other "perrenial power-house schools" out in Div 1 land.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Report: Georgia to hire Alabama's Smart as Head Coach
This if true, kinda bothers me as an Alabama fan as I was hoping Kirby would hang around until Saban retired. Gonna suck to have to root against him, but I will root for him in the East...until he has to come against Alabama in an SEC Championship.... :lol:

Mark Richt expected to return to Miami as Head Coach, according to multiple reports
This is a great move IMO for Richt. He gets to come in and clean house on a team that has actually fell completely in the shitter. Miami has been begging for a good coach who knows how to win, and with the way he recruits, Richt will likely do pretty good in farming the Florida talent in state.