Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by FamousJames »

I don't obsess over it, but I'd be lying if I didn't catch that FSU has landed some amazing talent for the next few years... Think we had the #2 recruiting class... and we're not losing very many people. If these kids can work hard and keep their noses clean, we could be in for 5 years of national championship contention.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

FamousJames wrote:I don't obsess over it, but I'd be lying if I didn't catch that FSU has landed some amazing talent for the next few years... Think we had the #2 recruiting class... and we're not losing very many people. If these kids can work hard and keep their noses clean, we could be in for 5 years of national championship contention.
That is a huge, a huge assumption. About 1/5 of those kids will get kicked out of school for any number of reasons.
The rest of them will be lucky to play as Seniors.
Still baffling why anybody would pay attention to some so called expert that says Football U scored a strong recruiting class.
Factor in losing season, coaching changes, those kids are off the team and the expectations go with them.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Machado wrote:
FamousJames wrote:I don't obsess over it, but I'd be lying if I didn't catch that FSU has landed some amazing talent for the next few years... Think we had the #2 recruiting class... and we're not losing very many people. If these kids can work hard and keep their noses clean, we could be in for 5 years of national championship contention.
That is a huge, a huge assumption. About 1/5 of those kids will get kicked out of school for any number of reasons.
The rest of them will be lucky to play as Seniors.
Still baffling why anybody would pay attention to some so called expert that says Football U scored a strong recruiting class.
Factor in losing season, coaching changes, those kids are off the team and the expectations go with them.
Simple answer - past history. The better the recruiting class, the better we've done in the past. Factor in that we lost a LOT of talent in 2013 and 2014, are only losing a few this year - which means a talented roster for at least another season or two - and have several of the top players in the country on their way to join a system that's had a lot of success.

Of course not all of them are gonna work out. But I can tell you that FSU will not have a losing season anytime soon, and coach Fisher isn't going anywhere. Someone amazing would have to die or retire, from a school with deep, deep pockets to steal him away. Only way I could see him leaving would be to move to a city where his kid could get better medical treatment.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado, I just very simply brought up the subject of signing day and how it's blown up by the media and I don't follow it near as much as other football stories.

But you've got to come in here and retard the place up. Of course you need top recruits to be a good team.

EVERY TIME YOU HIT SUBMIT!!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Machado, I just very simply brought up the subject of signing day and how it's blown up by the media and I don't follow it near as much as other football stories.

But you've got to come in here and retard the place up. Of course you need top recruits to be a good team.

This is the reason he's going to be banned.

As for FSU, I've seen them as having the number one or number two ranked recruiting class. You're 100% correct, James, they're going to be a factor for a long time. If Jimbo didn't bite on the LSU job, he's not going anywhere. If anybody thinks Les Miles is there for any other reason than they couldn't get Jimbo to jump, you're delusional.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Machado, I just very simply brought up the subject of signing day and how it's blown up by the media and I don't follow it near as much as other football stories.

eddie-quit being such a moron. i never said a college team does not need top recruits to compete. what i said was that the hype over these recruits is ridiculous.
showing a high school kid playing the cap dance is asinine.
so get your story straight before you make something up. or brush up on your reading comprehension.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:

eddie-quit being such a moron. i never said a college team does not need top recruits to compete. what i said was that the hype over these recruits is ridiculous.
so get your story straight before you make something up. or brush up on your reading comprehension.
You better find a new place to douche up. You're going to get banned.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

You better find a new place to douche up. You're going to get banned.
:roll:

The sad thing is instead of continuing the convo or adding anything relevant to the convo, you once again choose to go the route you normally do. It is very predictable.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Gritt wrote: This is the reason he's going to be banned.
You know I'm getting to the point where I wish he would disappear. Arguing with him just about drives you nuts.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Gritt wrote: This is the reason he's going to be banned.
You know I'm getting to the point where I wish he would disappear. Arguing with him just about drives you nuts.
What is there to argue about? All of you continue to look for excuses to "argue" on a message board.
Grow the F up already! Are you keeping score of what who said and when that person said it.
You're a big boy, not everybody will agree with your opinion about a certain aspect of College Football. At the end of the day it does not matter at all. Neither of us play the game or are on the field to coach the players.
We are fans. End of discussion
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Gritt wrote:As for FSU, I've seen them as having the number one or number two ranked recruiting class. You're 100% correct, James, they're going to be a factor for a long time. If Jimbo didn't bite on the LSU job, he's not going anywhere. If anybody thinks Les Miles is there for any other reason than they couldn't get Jimbo to jump, you're delusional.
Even though I'm biased as all hell... and I think Jimbo has the hotter hand right now... Miles is no slouch of a coach. He's done alright over there and has delivered results that most major programs would drool over. I'm sure Jimbo saw that he's one 2-loss season away from being run out of LSU and decided that it isn't worth it. In Tallahassee as long as he beats Florida and Miami and contends for the ACC, he'll have a job and be a hero.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Exactly. Jimbo has a long leash because he restored the glory so quick after the painful last decade under Bowden. I was the biggest Bowden fan but I couldn't handle watching the program slide into mediocrity. When he put his idiot son as the offensive coordinator I knew it was over.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Hey you SEC fans what the hell is going on in Louisiana?

The damn governor has threatened to shut down LSU football.

Holy shit that's got to be the dumbest governor in the country.

Is he trying to get shot or is he fed up with the job and wants to make sure he never gets reelected?
Sixx6Sixx
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

eddie lee roth wrote:Hey you SEC fans what the hell is going on in Louisiana?

Is he trying to get shot or is he fed up with the job and wants to make sure he never gets reelected?
I don't know WTF is going on with that. Surely it won't happen. The team probably makes a ton of money for the school and state. Not to mention the fact that they would be jeopardizing the future of numerous students. It's crazy!
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Sixx6Sixx wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Hey you SEC fans what the hell is going on in Louisiana?

I don't know WTF is going on with that. Surely it won't happen. The team probably makes a ton of money for the school and state. Not to mention the fact that they would be jeopardizing the future of numerous students. It's crazy!
Totally missing the point. Jindall totally fucked up the state's finances by overspending without raising taxes, and at the same time, two of Louisiana's biggest money makers, oil and fishing, took a huge hit. Now, the new governor is faced with a 900+ million dollar budget shortfall this year, and 2 billion next year. It's a scare tactic, but not completely out of the realm of possibility. There will have to be significant budget cuts and a large increase in state revenue. If not, education will get cut, including the possible shut down of many of the 14 state run universities. Schools get shut down, no football.
Alabama Slammer

Well, Laremy Tunsil did a nice job of tossing his school under the buss last night during the draft.

Payroll Miss.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Well, Laremy Tunsil did a nice job of tossing his school under the buss last night during the draft.

Payroll Miss.

Hope the school is punished severely and it would be great to see the head coach or the AD relieved of their jobs.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Well, Laremy Tunsil did a nice job of tossing his school under the buss last night during the draft.

Payroll Miss.
Are you sure it was him? 1st thing I thought of when I saw the video and then the asking for rent money and money for his mom to pay utility bill was damn Slammer just put a hardcore fuckin on Tunsil and more importantly Ole Miss. It was either you or some other computer savvy Alabama fan who did it. C'mon now and come clean and spill the beans on how you did it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alabama Slammer

Can't take credit for that one... they Updyked themselves.

Truth be told, probably nothing will come of it. They may get hit with a couple of scholarships and maybe a cut down on recruiting trips, but there's certainly not going to be any hammer like Bama, USC, or Penn State got.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Forgive my ignorance for asking but when did you guys have to deal with those fuckers in the NCAA and what did you do and for how long did they drop the hammer on y'all?

For the life of me I don't recall you guys ever being in trouble. I know you guys weren't all that for awhile but I can only remember thinking it was just the way shit flows sometimes. I recall us playing you guys at your house in either the late 90's or early 2000's and this was when you weren't really the Alabama that you are today. I think Shula's son was the head coach at the time if I remember right.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Can't take credit for that one... they Updyked themselves.

Truth be told, probably nothing will come of it. They may get hit with a couple of scholarships and maybe a cut down on recruiting trips, but there's certainly not going to be any hammer like Bama, USC, or Penn State got.
You might be right. The NCAA could care less about a school from Mississippi or that a now former player has alleged a rule was violated while the kid was attending the school.
C'mon, the NCAA have better things to do. I.E., look the other way when a violation of the rules is being committed
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

eddie lee roth wrote:Forgive my ignorance for asking but when did you guys have to deal with those fuckers in the NCAA and what did you do and for how long did they drop the hammer on y'all?

For the life of me I don't recall you guys ever being in trouble. I know you guys weren't all that for awhile but I can only remember thinking it was just the way shit flows sometimes. I recall us playing you guys at your house in either the late 90's or early 2000's and this was when you weren't really the Alabama that you are today. I think Shula's son was the head coach at the time if I remember right.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/c ... ations.htm
Alabama Slammer

eddie lee roth wrote:Forgive my ignorance for asking but when did you guys have to deal with those fuckers in the NCAA and what did you do and for how long did they drop the hammer on y'all?

There was a pay for play scheme going on involving a booster in Memphis named Logan Young that revolved around a kid named Albert Means. This all went down during the Mike DuBose tenure. Anyway, the end result was like 7 years probation and a huge amount of scholarship reductions over the course of (I think) 4 years. When the sanctions hit, Dennis Francione bailed and we hired Mike Price, who then proceeded to get fired for fucking a couple of strippers and running up a huge tab during a charity golf tournament in Pensacola. That led to Shula, who honestly, was never going to be more than a caretaker to keep us out of trouble while the sanctions ran their course. The fact that we got a 10-2 season out of him during his 2nd year is amazing.

Playing Oklahoma - two years in a row, both games, OK was ranked either #1 or #2. First year in Norman, Francione got out-coached by Stoops, I believe it was a fake punt, and pulled away in the end. 2nd year, under Shula during his 1st season, in Tuscaloosa, Bama was unranked, OK was #1, and we took it down to the wire.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

OOOOOH WEEEEE I bet Nick Saban was one unhappy coach when he woke up this morning and was told of the following news.

Alabama All-SEC left tackle Cam Robinson was arrested in his hometown of Monroe, Louisiana, early Tuesday morning on charges of possession of a controlled substance, illegal possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen gun.

The stolen gun charge is a felony, while the others are misdemeanors.

Teammate and backup defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones, who was allegedly a passenger in the vehicle Robinson was driving, was also arrested on possession of a controlled substance and illegal carrying of a weapon.

According to multiple reports, Robinson and Jones were still in custody Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, an officer approached their vehicle at a park that was closed and "detected the strong odor of marijuana." The report alleges that a bag of marijuana and a handgun were in plain sight and a stolen handgun was found under the passenger seat.

Robinson, a junior, has started every game since his freshman year in 2014. ESPN NFL draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. has Robinson as the No. 7 player on his early 2017 Big Board.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:OOOOOH WEEEEE I bet Nick Saban was one unhappy coach when he woke up this morning and was told of the following news.

Alabama All-SEC left tackle Cam Robinson was arrested in his hometown of Monroe, Louisiana, early Tuesday morning on charges of possession of a controlled substance, illegal possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen gun.

The stolen gun charge is a felony, while the others are misdemeanors.

Teammate and backup defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones, who was allegedly a passenger in the vehicle Robinson was driving, was also arrested on possession of a controlled substance and illegal carrying of a weapon.

According to multiple reports, Robinson and Jones were still in custody Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, an officer approached their vehicle at a park that was closed and "detected the strong odor of marijuana." The report alleges that a bag of marijuana and a handgun were in plain sight and a stolen handgun was found under the passenger seat.

Robinson, a junior, has started every game since his freshman year in 2014. ESPN NFL draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. has Robinson as the No. 7 player on his early 2017 Big Board.
Saban will be so pleased. It will give Saban a reason to discuss this man in the most positive way. Make excuses for the kid and that he is a great person who
made 1 small mistake, blah blah blah

P.S. Marijuana should be legalized. Enough of wasting law enforcement's time and resources with Marijuana. Legalize weed, tax weed and use that money towards the infrastructure in America that is in desperate need of repair
Alabama Slammer

Fuck off Machado... Stoops is up in Norman harboring a man who punched a woman so hard it broke her face. You've got no fucking room at all to speak poorly about any other coach.

For what it's worth, and this really sucks because the kid is a beast, but Robinson has got to go.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Fuck off Machado... Stoops is up in Norman harboring a man who punched a woman so hard it broke her face. You've got no fucking room at all to speak poorly about any other coach.

For what it's worth, and this really sucks because the kid is a beast, but Robinson has got to go.
Oh please, not another SEC vs Big 12 discussion. Listen, all the big time schools(including Bama) lie, cheat and steal their way to the top of the college football mountain.
Yes, OU did recruit a player and that player did punch a girl in the face. the team and the school decided to give the kid a 2nd chance. whether or not the young man takes
advantage of that or not remains to be seen.
as for the Bama player who was smoking the herb: like i said, i think the mary jane should be legal. football players destroy their body during the season and i would think that
smoking weed helps with the pain and suffering. i don't think an average person like you and me can actually understand just how much these football players suffer
by playing the game on a physical level.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Stoops is up in Norman harboring a man who punched a woman so hard it broke her face. You've got no fucking room at all to speak poorly about any other coach.

Hey hey hey now. :lol: I feel for you I know what it's like to be a big time fan of your team and have some shit like this happen. (Back in the late 80's I felt so bad for the King of Oklahoma Coach Barry Switzer with all the bad shit that just seem to snowball one incident after another.) I'm not saying it's OK to ever hit a girl but she was drunk off her ass and made contact first and then called him the big "N" word and well after that it turned ugly and it's hard to have sympathy for all involved for me at least.

The smoking pot thing is a joke in my eyes but those gun charges could be bad news for the guy. What's worse is he just cost himself million of dollars for the first few years of an NFL career if he's lucky enough to have one. I know nothing of the guy but I'm assuming if he's an all-SEC player than the NFL is definite possibility for him.

I actually hate the possibility that the program could be punished for this guys mistakes. It's one thing if a player is getting paid or something like that along those lines that involves a member of the program but for a kid to fuck up like this on his own well the NCAA should let Alabama handle this in house.
Alabama Slammer

Machado wrote: as for the Bama player who was smoking the herb: like i said, i think the mary jane should be legal.
Did you not read the article you fucking dope? It's got nothing to do with weed. Homeboy was carrying a STOLEN gun, which is a FELONY.
eddie lee roth wrote: The smoking pot thing is a joke in my eyes but those gun charges could be bad news for the guy. What's worse is he just cost himself million of dollars for the first few years of an NFL career if he's lucky enough to have one. I know nothing of the guy but I'm assuming if he's an all-SEC player than the NFL is definite possibility for him.
Yeah, dude was a 1st round lock, and now... well, I guess it remains to be seen. If I were Coach, he'd be gone.
eddie lee roth wrote:I actually hate the possibility that the program could be punished for this guys mistakes. It's one thing if a player is getting paid or something like that along those lines that involves a member of the program but for a kid to fuck up like this on his own well the NCAA should let Alabama handle this in house.
The NCAA doesn't have anything to do here. It's strictly a legal matter between these two lunkheads and the state of Louisiana.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alabama Slammer wrote:
Machado wrote: as for the Bama player who was smoking the herb: like i said, i think the mary jane should be legal.
Did you not read the article you fucking dope? It's got nothing to do with weed. Homeboy was carrying a STOLEN gun, which is a FELONY.
eddie lee roth wrote: The smoking pot thing is a joke in my eyes but those gun charges could be bad news for the guy. What's worse is he just cost himself million of dollars for the first few years of an NFL career if he's lucky enough to have one. I know nothing of the guy but I'm assuming if he's an all-SEC player than the NFL is definite possibility for him.
I did read about it. I was only referencing the mary jane. obviously the guy charge speaks for itself.