Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sixx6Sixx
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

Machado wrote:Auburn played Jacksonville State
Clemson played App State
G Tech played Tulane
TCU played Stephen F Austin
Bama played Mid Tennessee St.
Baylor played Lamar
USC played Idaho

Look at all these cupcake match-ups. None of these high powered teams should get credit for these victories.
I understand they pay the schools a lot of money to get beat up and the host school earns a lot of money from gate receipts, but this type of schedule has been out of hand for years and really needs to stop.
What about #1 ranked Ohio State? Their whole schedule is nothing but cupcake matches, and they almost got beaten by Northern Illinois over the weekend. VA Tech gave them a hard time too. The Buckeyes are playing only one ranked team the entire year.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/tea ... e-buckeyes

Yet people begrudge teams like Bama for having 2 or 3 cupcake games the entire year while mostly playing against ranked or previously ranked teams. Granted, several of the teams that were previously ranked have fallen out of the top 25 since the top of the season. But by comparison, only one of Ohio State's opponents has been ranked all along.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/tea ... e/_/id/333

I will also say that as much as it sucked losing to Ole Piss last night (thanks at least in part to an abundance of stupid errors committed by the Tide), the Rebels did play a tough game. If Bama can't go to the championship game, I wouldn't be too upset if those guys go instead. As long as it's an SEC team that is not Auburn, it's all good by me. :wink:
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'm loving Bob Stoops decision to hire Lincoln Riley this offseason to run the offense it's been some fun games so far and we get the Longhorns next week.

Just like NFL teams missing out on drafting players I can't believe there wasn't a single div. 1 school that didn't offer Baker Mayfield a scholarship.

Guy has walked on to two good schools and been named the starting QB. He reminds me of Manziel when he was at A&M.

Also knowing that you Machado live somewhere around the SF area what makes you an OU fan? Not trying to start a bunch of shit with you I'm just curious.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:I'm loving Bob Stoops decision to hire Lincoln Riley this offseason to run the offense it's been some fun games so far and we get the Longhorns next week.

Just like NFL teams missing out on drafting players I can't believe there wasn't a single div. 1 school that didn't offer Baker Mayfield a scholarship.

Guy has walked on to two good schools and been named the starting QB. He reminds me of Manziel when he was at A&M.

Also knowing that you Machado live somewhere around the SF area what makes you an OU fan? Not trying to start a bunch of shit with you I'm just curious.
He became a fan in 2000.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Ugh, Georgia's getting waxed by 'Bama right now, and Nick Chubb's being held relatively in check...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Do they even bother to coach defense in Texas? It's pretty obvious that no one plays it.

Pains me to say it, but Florida is the only team that really stands out as a good team on the rise. They have a few hard games this month though so they might be peaking early. Hate seeing my 'Noles playing like crap thus far but I trust Jimbo to know what he's doing.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

There were some bad games played yesterday
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:I'm loving Bob Stoops decision to hire Lincoln Riley this offseason to run the offense it's been some fun games so far and we get the Longhorns next week.

I was a fan of Bosworth and those 80's OU teams that ran the option and played Nebraska every season for what seemed like the biggest game of the college football season.
Been following the team ever since. Even through the lean years.

Mayfield is quite the mystery. How good is this kid? He walks on twice, 2 major school and takes the starting QB job each time. That just does not happen very often.
This team is very strong on offense but the defense still needs work. I don't see a legit team leader on Defense. I don't see a dominate player on Defense. Striker shows flashes and J. Evans does as well, but where is the pass rush?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

FamousJames wrote:Do they even bother to coach defense in Texas? It's pretty obvious that no one plays it.
Outside of A&M all the big TX. college teams are in the Big 12 and in the Big 12 it's nothing but video game scores offense.

That was one thing that really ticked me off about Stoops this past off season he fired the offensive coordinators but kept his brother as the defensive coordinator when the defense stank it up just as bad.

Thanks for the answer Machado that makes sense I never would of guessed that. You should of been here when all that crazy shit was going on.

There's still large parts of the population around here who refer to Barry Switzer as The King of Oklahoma of which I am one of them.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
FamousJames wrote:Do they even bother to coach defense in Texas? It's pretty obvious that no one plays it.

Thanks for the answer Machado that makes sense I never would of guessed that. You should of been here when all that crazy shit was going on.

There's still large parts of the population around here who refer to Barry Switzer as The King of Oklahoma of which I am one of them.
When I think of Switzer I think of him saying "hang half a hundred on that team". Those were the days when OU would score 50 in the first half and Switzer would have a HUGE grin from ear to ear.

I have to admit back in the day some of those games vs Nebraska were tough. I hated that team so much and hated Osborne just the same.
ABOVETOMMY
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by ABOVETOMMY »

Of course I live in the Buckeye State so Ohio State is my team of course.....

yes...the have played like total ass the first four games of the season but are still undefeated so fuck you haters.....
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ABOVETOMMY wrote:Of course I live in the Buckeye State so Ohio State is my team of course.....

yes...the have played like total ass the first four games of the season but are still undefeated so fuck you haters.....
this team is just about ready to lose. they barely defeated 2 teams that
had no business being on the same field.
once this team faces a legit opponent, look for them to fall and probably lose consecutive games.
ABOVETOMMY
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by ABOVETOMMY »

I tend to agree with your statement but then again it's college football so who knows???? Hell, I didn't expect the outcome of last year not by a long shot.....
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Lifelong Crimson Tide fan here...and a realistic one to boot, and thats something you dont find every day from Tide fans. I was pissed Alabama lost to Ole Miss again this year, mainly because it was piss-poor ball handling that allowed 20+ points to the Rebels. Thats ridiculous...

I was also pissed when Saban started the year with no defined starter at QB. He made the offense have to try and play to 2 different gameplans in the game, with no clear defined leader, and as such, they struggled. Now that Coker has been named, the Tide is playing better, on all 3 sides of the ball.

I dont think the Tide will make the playoff this year unless they run out the remaining games, and thats gonna be tough considering LSU, Texs A&M and Auburn are all still to come. On top of that, they still have to hope Ole Miss falls apart in order to get into the SEC Championship, to likely play Georgia again.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

OU vs texas tomorrow. Red River rivalry. Even thought the horns have been beaten up week after week, this is still a rivalry and I want to proceed with caution.
Looking for OU to get off to a great start, take the lead early and keep the horns down for 4 quarters.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:OU vs texas tomorrow. Red River rivalry. Even thought the horns have been beaten up week after week, this is still a rivalry and I want to proceed with caution.
Looking for OU to get off to a great start, take the lead early and keep the horns down for 4 quarters.
OU off to a great start:check
Take the early lead: check
Keep the Horns down for 4 quarters:check

Just like the Pirates over the Cubs, you've nailed it again, Matardo.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Really bad knee injury for Georgia's star RB Nick Chubb early in the game vs. Tennessee! I wonder if/how the 'Dawgs are gonna win without him?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:OU vs texas tomorrow. Red River rivalry. Even thought the horns have been beaten up week after week, this is still a rivalry and I want to proceed with caution.
OU off to a great start:check
Take the early lead: check
Keep the Horns down for 4 quarters:check

Just like the Pirates over the Cubs, you've nailed it again, Matardo.
in some countries Gritt, you would be deported for being such an ignorant male. at the same time you would bring shame to your family for even contributing to a college football post.
you read want you want to, you define a post how you please and in order to make you look intelligent, yet to prove daily you are a wanker!

just as i thought OU did not kick the snot out of Texas. they allowed the worse team to stay in the game. no excuse. Stoops let the fans down and the school down by not having his team ready to play a rivalry game.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

DALVIN!!!!!!!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, the Chubb-less 'Dawgs lost a second straight game. Rocky Top to the Vols, I guess...
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Beating a rival makes for a GREAT day. Six in a row over Miami. Sucks to be U.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Gritt wrote:DALVIN!!!!!!!

:D

That stadium was rockin'. Still think we should have taken the easy field goal instead of pushing it on 4th and 1... But I can't argue the result.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

FamousJames wrote:
Gritt wrote:DALVIN!!!!!!!

:D

That stadium was rockin'. Still think we should have taken the easy field goal instead of pushing it on 4th and 1... But I can't argue the result.
It's a win over Miami. I will never complain.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Steve Sarkisian's out as USC head coach...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 44929.html

...and Florida's QB is suspended:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 36999.html
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

...and the ol' Head Ball Coach himself, Steve Spurrier just announced his retirement after a 2-4 start for the S.C. Gamecocks:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 29392.html
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'd hate to be a Michigan fan after that game. What a ending, that's part of what makes college football so fun and maddening at the same time to watch.

I actually tried to reschedule a guitar lesson from Friday to Saturday during OU's game I was so sick to my stomach after the Red River Rivalry game the week before. :lol:

Didn't get to have my way so I begrudgingly watched OU vs KSU and enjoyed every minute of that ass whooping. Where was that damn team a week a go?

OU's plane was delayed over 8 hrs for maintenance issues from now on I'm suggesting they run late for every away game. :lol:

Gonna miss Spurrier, a true original who thankfully didn't have a filter when talking to the media. He wasn't in my conference but I gotta think you SEC and Floridans fans from other teams had to still like the guy.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:I'd hate to be a Michigan fan after that game. What a ending, that's part of what makes college football so fun and maddening at the same time to watch.

I actually tried to reschedule a guitar lesson from Friday to Saturday during OU's game I was so sick to my stomach after the Red River Rivalry game the week before. :lol:

Didn't get to have my way so I begrudgingly watched OU vs KSU and enjoyed every minute of that ass whooping. Where was that damn team a week a go?

OU's plane was delayed over 8 hrs for maintenance issues from now on I'm suggesting they run late for every away game. :lol:

Gonna miss Spurrier, a true original who thankfully didn't have a filter when talking to the media. He wasn't in my conference but I gotta think you SEC and Floridans fans from other teams had to still like the guy.

Regarding the Michigan game and the kicker, hard not to feel bad because he's a great player, has a great story coming from Australia, a senior working towards his second degree.
The kid made 2 mistakes. The 2nd could have been avoided. Just fall on the ball. But he tried to make a play. Before that play Mich St. had 0.2% chance to win the game

OU game was great to see. 55-0 and it wasn't even that close. Where was the energy a week ago?
Not sure if that was a statement game because I don't want to get ahead of myself but it was a great way to bounce back after a loss.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

https://www.facebook.com/stanfordathlet ... 9709783156

Still amazing to see the catch between Stanford vs UCLA
last Thurs night.
To date this is the catch of the season
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Bad day for the 'Canes, eh?
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

dmbrocker wrote:Bad day for the 'Canes, eh?
That was awesome! :lol: :lol: :lol:
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Sixx6Sixx wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Bad day for the 'Canes, eh?
That was awesome! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not for Miami, it wasn't! Why, is that Al Golden's seat I notice getting a little hotter? :lol: :lol: :lol: