Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sixx6Sixx
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

Looks like Warren Sapp and a few other former Miami players aren't liking Al too much. :lol:

http://abc7ny.com/sports/warren-sapp-ot ... n/1049388/
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Baylor's QB suffered a bad neck injury today: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 27541.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

BOOM!!! How d'ya like that undefeated season now, 'Noles?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

While watching the OU Sonners thrash on Texas Tech, noticed the upcoming schedule in the Big 12.
How does OK State get to play the 3 toughest teams in the conference
at home? They get TCU, Baylor and OU at home late in the season.

Good game by OU today. Mayfield did not play his best. He was hyped up to face his former school. That led to a few bad plays but for the most part the running game and defense bailed him out.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Machado wrote:While watching the OU Sonners thrash on Texas Tech, noticed the upcoming schedule in the Big 12.

How does OK State get to play the 3 toughest teams in the conference
at home? They get TCU, Baylor and OU at home late in the season.
This is really gonna blow your mind, so please have a seat before reading any further.

It's because ....

they played AT TCU, AT Baylor and AT Oklahoma in 2014.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Sixx6Sixx wrote:Looks like Warren Sapp and a few other former Miami players aren't liking Al too much. :lol:

And yep, he's fired:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 49127.html
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

dmbrocker wrote:
Sixx6Sixx wrote:Looks like Warren Sapp and a few other former Miami players aren't liking Al too much. :lol:

And yep, he's fired:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 49127.html
What a dunce cap of an explanation on an AD's "main function."

https://youtu.be/OKmVKwvmJPE
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

dmbrocker wrote:BOOM!!! How d'ya like that undefeated season now, 'Noles?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know anyone who really thought this was gonna be another undefeated year... When you look at how closely Georgia Tech lost to some really good teams, they're a lot better than their record would indicate.

That's the thing about FSU this season. We're good enough to beat anyone, but inconsistent enough to struggle (or lose) against anyone too.

We're probably a year or two from another shot at undefeated and a championship run.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

FamousJames wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:BOOM!!! How d'ya like that undefeated season now, 'Noles?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know anyone who really thought this was gonna be another undefeated year... When you look at how closely Georgia Tech lost to some really good teams, they're a lot better than their record would indicate.

That's the thing about FSU this season. We're good enough to beat anyone, but inconsistent enough to struggle (or lose) against anyone too.

We're probably a year or two from another shot at undefeated and a championship run.
I didn't have high hopes going into the season. I thought two or three losses.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Baylor QB having season ending surgery on his heck. Huge blow for #2
team in the rankings. A true freshman will now start.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:Baylor QB having season ending surgery on his heck. Huge blow for #2
And apparently the NCAA is starting to sniff around Baylor for recruiting violations. Bad week in Waco.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:Baylor QB having season ending surgery on his heck. Huge blow for #2
And apparently the NCAA is starting to sniff around Baylor for recruiting violations. Bad week in Waco.
NCAA can investigate every top 25 team and find violations if they wanted. All those "big schools" are cheated. They are not running clean programs. The NCAA is a corrupt organization. I actually feel bad for these schools that are caught, put on probation, have to vacate wins, because there are dozens of schools who are laughing at their expense because they are guilty of like violations.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Gritt wrote:
FamousJames wrote:

I didn't have high hopes going into the season. I thought two or three losses.
Don't jinx it... season's not over yet... :lol:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Clemson is going to steamroll the Noles. It pains me to say it, but it's true.

Right now I think Clemson and LSU are the two best teams.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Mad props to Univ. of Minnesota for going for the win at home vs Michigan.
Down by 3, ball at the half yard line, you have to go for the win. Poor execution by the offense, but great call by the coaches. You do not see that much anymore. 99% of the coaches would have kicked the FG for the tie and taken their chances in OT.

Disgrace by the ref's in the Miami vs Duke game. Not only did the ref's miss the player being down on the last play of the game, they missed a block in the back and to compound the mistakes, the replay officials did not see that the player was down before tossing a lateral to a teammate.
:roll:
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

I'm thinking the Clemson-steamrolling-FSU isn't a foregone conclusion... Clemson looked mighty beatable against NC State last week, and FSU might have finally found some offense letting Maguire throw downfield... If Cook gets healthy and the OL holds, we could have ourselves a game!
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Tried to get upset about Alabama being in the top 4 but it'll work itself out hopefully by the end of this month. Between the Alabama/LSU game this weekend and the stretch of games for the Big 12 this month it's gonna be some fun Saturdays for the next few weeks.

I'm like you FamousJames with my hopefulness for my team. If OU can run the table I'm liking their chances to sneak in.

I know it'll never happen but what the hell ya gotta have some hope. :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
I'm like you FamousJames with my hopefulness for my team. If OU can run the table I'm liking their chances to sneak in.

I know it'll never happen but what the hell ya gotta have some hope. :lol:
OU has such a tough road ahead. Hopefully the Sooners can beat up on Iowa St and go into the 1st of 3 tough games with some momentum.
Mayfield has to play very smart. The running game of Nixon and Perine has to run downhill and one of the WR's not named Shepard has to make plays.
Winning 2 out of 3 tough games might be enough because you just know all the undefeated teams in the top 10 are going to suffer at least 1 loss
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

2 out of 3 isn't going to do shit thanks to the earlier loss to Tx.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I really hope Iowa loses a conference game before the Big Ten Playoff. I'm tired of watching them outplay themselves only to be humiliatingly embarrassed in a game everyone watches.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

First page post.............
UtahRatt wrote:Nebraska - #1 first and foremost I'm Husker fan, it's also a must so I'll take my punches. I'm not excited and haven't been for some time. When Tom Osborne left I started watching less College football then when they hired Bill Callahan in 04 I quit watching on general principle.
I'm hope bringing in Mike Riley from Oregon State will be a fresh start, but I'm not expecting much. I'm not sure what he brings to the table.
Well I see what Mike Riley brought to the table....Total confusion. Losing on a Hail Mary to your most hated team wasn't the best way to start the season.

:lol:
A Hail Mary with no time to BYU
In OT to Miami
A TD with 10 seconds left to Illinois
46-yard field goal with four seconds left to Wisconsin
A failed late in the 4th 2pt conversion to Northwestern
4INT's, scoring 29 points in the 4th and still lose by 10 to Purdue

Pretty much makes Nebraska the worst team in the country if not by stupid luck and shittyness alone. I'm sure tomorrow's Michigan State at Nebraska game will be worth missing.

So much for Auburn so go Utah Ute's!

It's Hockey Season!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I can remember every year NEB and OU going at it for the old Big 8 championship. Man those were some great games. You're right when Tom left that program really hit some bad luck so did OU for awhile when Barry was forced out.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:I can remember every year NEB and OU going at it for the old Big 8 championship. Man those were some great games. You're right when Tom left that program really hit some bad luck so did OU for awhile when Barry was forced out.
I remember those games were almost always televised on ABC. My local time was 9 am or 9:30 am. TBH, when OU played NEB, it seemed like NEB got the best of them the majority of the time.
Too bad Barry Switzer could not hang 1/2 a hundred on old Tom from time to time.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

WTF are you talking about Switzer went 12/5 against Nebraska?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:WTF are you talking about Switzer went 12/5 against Nebraska?
Eddie
Take a breathe. Excuse me if I did not memorize their records against one another like you have. Or you might have Googled it. From what I remember in the 90's NEB got the best of OU. I know, I know, you knew that and more.
:roll:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

You better enjoy being able to roll your eyes cause if you were in front of me I'd knock'em into the back of your skull. :P

I totally have put a memory block on the 90's when it comes to OU football. After Switzer Gary Gibbs was one thing but I can't say the words John Blake without getting pissed off. :lol:

So in other words chill out I'm just fucking around I like to give you a hard time from time to time but I don't mean anything by it. I think lil pp was the only person on here I really didn't like at all. And after everything that went down with him I can't do anything but laugh when I think about him now for pretty obvious reasons.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:You better enjoy being able to roll your eyes cause if you were in front of me I'd knock'em into the back of your skull. :P

I totally have put a memory block on the 90's when it comes to OU football. After Switzer Gary Gibbs was one thing but I can't say the words John Blake without getting pissed off. :lol:

So in other words chill out I'm just fucking around I like to give you a hard time from time to time but I don't mean anything by it. I think lil pp was the only person on here I really didn't like at all. And after everything that went down with him I can't do anything but laugh when I think about him now for pretty obvious reasons.
Gibbs
John Blake
Don't forget Howard Schnellenberger. He was supposed to turn that team around and he failed miserably.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Oh yeah totally forgot about the old drunkard blowhard. See I told you I put a brain freeze on 90's OU football.

He was the USC coach before social media so it wasn't all over the place at the time but make no mistake he was a no good drunk when he was in Norman OK.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Oh yeah totally forgot about the old drunkard blowhard. See I told you I put a brain freeze on 90's OU football.

He was the USC coach before social media so it wasn't all over the place at the time but make no mistake he was a no good drunk when he was in Norman OK.
Didn't OU get him after he failed at Louisville? I remember those games when he was coaching and obviously the team looked nothing like the dominant teams that Switzer ran out there every week.
I guess their run had to come to an end because Switzer broke all the rules and he was good at breaking those rules or looking the other way.
Times were fun back then in Norman
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I truly don't remember I want to say he was not doing anything before OU gave him a call but I might be wrong.