Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Machado »

Sooner vs Houston Cougars kickoff has been set for 11:00 AM CST with coverage being brought to the viewer by ABC.
Later, LSU and Wisconsin meet at 2:30 PM on ABC
Alabama and USC for the primetime 7:00 PM slot

Not a bad opening weekend in CF. Now I'm getting excited about the 2016 season
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

The only bad thing about that in my eyes at least is that ALL the college football teams even the cream of the crop programs don't seem to really get clicking until say around the 3rd game of the season at the earliest. And I hate the long layoff between the final reg. season games and bowl season.

I guess you can't have everything. I'm just happy they finally got a playoff system if they could just expand it to 8 or 10 teams I'd be in heaven. OU has really got a good schedule this year can't wait until Ohio State game. They play OSU twice this year both times at home. I'd really like to get my hands on some tickets to the Ohio State game it should be a good one.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:The only bad thing about that in my eyes at least is that ALL the college football teams even the cream of the crop programs don't seem to really get clicking until say around the 3rd game of the season at the earliest. And I hate the long layoff between the final reg. season games and bowl season.

I guess you can't have everything. I'm just happy they finally got a playoff system if they could just expand it to 8 or 10 teams I'd be in heaven. OU has really got a good schedule this year can't wait until Ohio State game. They play OSU twice this year both times at home. I'd really like to get my hands on some tickets to the Ohio State game it should be a good one.
the Sooners 2016 schedule is a good one. games against Ohio St. and Houston. very good non conference schedule. this year they do get OSU at home. last game of the season. never know what to expect
when that game kicks off. throw the records out the window.

you're right, the long layoff between the final game of the season and the bowl season is ridiculous. but money talks. just look at how many bowl games are now played. RIDIC!!! NCAA does not need so many bowl games
but the schools want that money.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Machado wrote:NCAA does not need so many bowl games but the schools want that money.
*sigh*

The NCAA has absolutely nothing to do with Bowl Games. They are private entities. And the schools get nothing as far as payout when it comes to the Bowls. Sure, x bowl may pay out $750K per team, but years, and years of stats show that the schools actually lose money by attending the Bowls. The only people that make money off of the system are the actual Bowls themselves.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alabama Slammer wrote:
Machado wrote:NCAA does not need so many bowl games but the schools want that money.
*sigh*

The NCAA has absolutely nothing to do with Bowl Games. They are private entities. And the schools get nothing as far as payout when it comes to the Bowls. Sure, x bowl may pay out $750K per team, but years, and years of stats show that the schools actually lose money by attending the Bowls. The only people that make money off of the system are the actual Bowls themselves.
Hold the phone. Do the major schools, like Bama lose money when they attend a bowl game? If yes, well even more reason why the entire system is corrupted and foolish.
Don't get me started
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

God. Matardo, just leave. Schools like Alabama don't lose money going to major bowls. Schools like Eastern Michigan lose money when they go to the Bell Helicopter Bowl.

It's pathetic that in every fucking thread you come in and look like a fucking chimpanzee that has access to a keyboard and somebody has to explain everything to you. Just go away.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:God. Matardo, just leave. Schools like Alabama don't lose money going to major bowls. Schools like Eastern Michigan lose money when they go to the Bell Helicopter Bowl.

It's pathetic that in every fucking thread you come in and look like a fucking chimpanzee that has access to a keyboard and somebody has to explain everything to you. Just go away.
STFU!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

1 more reason to dislike Bama with a passion. This is ridiculous. I understand other schools have done this but the madness has to stop somewhere.
The NCAA and College Football is out of control. With the new "satellite camps" opening up and now 8th grade kids are being offered a full ride, when will this madness end?
It is time for the school's, the AD's and the coaches to get a grip, take a step back and realize their priorities are out of order.

Alabama offered a football scholarship to eighth-grade linebacker Jesus Machado on Monday, his high school head coach Dennis Marroquin told ESPN.com.

It's not the first time a young prospect has been offered a scholarship, and certainly won't be the last, but it is still a very rare occurrence.

The Crimson Tide aren't the only ones interested in Machado, a 6-foot, 195-pound defensive prospect from Hialeah (Florida) Champagnat Catholic School. In addition to his new Alabama offer, Machado also has verbal offers from Iowa State, Michigan State, NC State and West Virginia.

Current five-star linebacker prospect Dylan Moses made headlines in February 2013, when he earned an offer from LSU as an eighth-grader. Moses went on to commit to the Tigers, but he eventually backed off of that pledge and is now open in his process.

Verbal offers are nonbinding and prospects are not allowed receive written offers until their senior season.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

cantstopthemusic wrote:Bye-bye Briles.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/ncaa ... 36095.html

And good riddance.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy . . .
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Anybody want to make their picks for who will be in the final four playoffs? I'm thinking FSU probably Alabama I'd love to pick OU cause I'm a homer but that's one hell of a schedule they have. I guess what I'm saying is I'm stumped trying to come up with a full bracket. I for sure like FSU but after that I'm drawing a blank.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Anybody want to make their picks for who will be in the final four playoffs? I'm thinking FSU probably Alabama I'd love to pick OU cause I'm a homer but that's one hell of a schedule they have. I guess what I'm saying is I'm stumped trying to come up with a full bracket. I for sure like FSU but after that I'm drawing a blank.
OU
FSU
Alabama
Michigan
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

That would be great.

Your already that high on Michigan. I thought he'd need a year more at least.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Anybody want to make their picks for who will be in the final four playoffs? I'm thinking FSU probably Alabama I'd love to pick OU cause I'm a homer but that's one hell of a schedule they have. I guess what I'm saying is I'm stumped trying to come up with a full bracket. I for sure like FSU but after that I'm drawing a blank.
OU
FSU
Alabama
Michigan
Bama already has 1 foot in the door since the head coach and asshole, Nick Saban, refuses to suspend another Bama player
for his disgusting behavior. Saban thinks or wants the public to believe that the arresting officers, are you ready for this,
that the arresting officers were disgruntled LSU fans :roll:
And who does Bama face in the first game of the 2016 season? Only their strongest opponent, USC @Texas Stadium.
Of course Saban can't discipline his kids for the very 1st game. Now if the game was against W. Kentucky or Chatanooga,
you get your rebel flag Saban would suspend those kids for at least 1 full quarter of the game
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well to be fair to those kids the DA decided to drop the charges so you got that and no coach in his right mind is going to suspend his players with that kind of game coming up.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:That would be great.

Your already that high on Michigan. I thought he'd need a year more at least.
Yeah.

After seeing how fast he got Stanford to elite level I figure it should take half as much time at a school like Michigan.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Well to be fair to those kids the DA decided to drop the charges so you got that and no coach in his right mind is going to suspend his players with that kind of game coming up.
Uh oh, another Alabama star player gets into trouble with the law.
Alabama offensive lineman Alphonse Taylor was arrested and charged with driving under the influence on Sunday, according to records from the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Department website.
Taylor is the third Alabama player arrested this offseason. Left tackle Cam Robinson and defensive back Hootie Jones were arrested in mid-May on drug and weapons charges in their hometown of Monroe, Louisiana, but the district attorney declined to prosecute, citing insufficient evidence.

Coach Nick Saban told reporters at SEC media days that Robinson, an All-SEC left tackle, and Jones faced internal discipline but would have a chance to play in the season opener against USC. Let's see how coach Nick handles this situation
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

I'm just gonna go with FSU and leave it alone from there... :D :D

They're gonna have to come out of the gate amazing though and keep it up, AND be squeaky clean because they'll have a lot of eyes on them for the next 2 or 3 seasons. LOT of haters out there.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

After the whole Kevin Durant shit that went down over the 4th of July I sure am looking forward to the upcoming season starting. The Sooners Owen Field stadium has undergone a major reconstruction they've closed the entire stadium to where there was an opening on the south side but now it's like a bowl type setting instead of a horseshoe type setting.

And not to just be a homer there's some attractive looking match ups to start the season. Only bad thing is I believe all of the college football teams don't find there groove until the 3rd or 4th games but oh well fuck it at least we got some hopefully competitive teams fighting it out to get us going.

I haven't bothered to look at strength of schedule for the top bunch of teams but I'd be surprised if OU wasn't either at the top or right up in there. Also looking forward to seeing how Texas starts out I got to believe it's Strong's last season if they don't drastically improve which I hope they don't. I like Charlie Strong but fuck Texas bunch of arrogant assholes.

I don't get how they think they're all that but yet the history book says different. They don't come close to the reputation of the Alabama's, FSU, OU, USC of the world but yet there Texas by God so everybody better bow down to them. Worst mistake OU ever made was getting in bed with them and starting the Big 12.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

I hear ya - Doak Campbell Stadium is being renovated as well. I think they'll have it done literally on kickoff day. It was a huge undertaking! I bought season tickets again but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get up there for more than a game or two. Work... Life... etc. College football is practically the only hobby I have outside of music anymore... But at least FSU's home schedule is pretty good this season, so whatever games I can't go see should be easy to resell. Last year's sucked. I just went to all of them instead.

As for strength of schedule... We're starting out with Ole Miss right out of the gate. That'll either be the smartest or dumbest thing we've ever done. Florida should be pretty good this year, Miami is rebuilding, Clemson is gonna be scary good again. Louisville is solid, NC State is solid, and Boston College plays us pretty tough. The one thing SEC does better about scheduling is that they seem to get their hard games out of the way early. A lot of #1 vs #3 matchups early, then they play their cream puffs late. We usually start out with a cream puff, play a few lower-tier conference games, then hit the meat of the schedule in October or November. Better for player development, but not for respect, especially if one of those other teams we count on to be good (UF and Miami) chokes early.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I didn't know you guys were doing the same thing with your stadium too. There's some big money to make for these elite teams that's for sure. The whole practice facilities and weight lifting rooms and game film study rooms are being redone I don't think there'll be done with that but they've worked their ass off this offseason on the stadium I've drove by there a few times and it looked pretty cool from just looking on from the street.

I'd Love to catch both of the OSU teams games especially the Ohio State one but it'll be a madhouse for that one for sure. I can't remember the last time they faced a outer conference team as good as Ohio State. I can remember going to a game along time ago as a kid when we played a Stanford team that I thought we'd just kill as usual. It rained like a freaking mofo and they beat us I was so upset. Turns out that Stanford team had a QB by the name of John Elway so looking back it's not as bad now since he was John Freaking Elway. That day with the loss and the rain and just being a kid I was one unhappy lil camper. :lol:
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

eddie lee roth wrote: I can remember going to a game along time ago as a kid when we played a Stanford team that I thought we'd just kill as usual. It rained like a freaking mofo and they beat us I was so upset. Turns out that Stanford team had a QB by the name of John Elway so looking back it's not as bad now since he was John Freaking Elway. That day with the loss and the rain and just being a kid I was one unhappy lil camper. :lol:
:lol:

I remember being extremely pissed off about FSU choking to Southern Miss. The opposing QB? A guy by the name of Brett Favre... Beats FSU then goes on to play for the PACKERS?!?! Dead to me...
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Hey FSU fans did you know about the series coming on Showtime that's going to cover the team all season long?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Florida State football head strength and conditioning coach Vic Viloria was arrested Friday night and charged with driving under the influence and property damage. The coach has been in Tallahassee for the past six seasons and is regarded as one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the nation. He is currently under contract until 2019 following an extension he signed in July of this year.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Thanks to "Big Game Bob" it is now against the law to talk about NCAA football on here anymore.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Les Miles on the hotseat now. His lineman Bootay should be suspended more than one game - that was some bush-league shit. And according to Les, he was "still blocking the play". Yeaaahhh, suuurre. He's lucky that game wasn't at Camp Randall. He would've been hit with batteries, bottles, and probably a baggie of piss or two.

-Alabama looked real good. (USC is not back.)
-Tennessee is a joke, but they'll probably rise in the polls because so many teams above them lost. And they're in the SEC.
-Dabo tried his damnedest to give the game away, but Auburn couldn't grab it.
-Ohio State looked good, but who knows how good BGSU really is, and OSU lost a key lineman.
-Nick Chubb is back and running well.

Looking forward to tonight's game and Monday's game.

If all the top contenders play well and don't get hurt, this could be one of the most competitive Heisman races in a long time.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

DOWN goes Notre Lame ... in 2 OT (50-47).

Hook 'em!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Thanks to "Big Game Bob" it is now against the law to talk about NCAA football on here anymore.
funny how Stoops booked this game 2 years ago, when Houston was not very good. Suddenly this game was a great match up.
Houston deserved to win. Sooners deserved to lose. All the mistakes they made on D. All the coaches who run the offense
decided to once again leave the running game on the back pages of the playbook. Team got off to a great start
with the long run and pass down the seam. The rest of the game was pure SHITE!
Houston was ready to play. Sooners were not. Now OU has two weeks until another tough game, hosting Ohio State :o
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:Thanks to "Big Game Bob" it is now against the law to talk about NCAA football on here anymore.
Sorry, man. That one surprised even me.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for