Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by FamousJames »

Lifelong FSU fan, alumni, and supporter... I love this time of year. Booking hotel rooms in Tallahassee, organizing tailgates and trips out of town, and another season of trash talking with my friends.

I don't think we'll be as dominant as we've been the past few years -we've put a lot of people into the NFL - but we'll still be pretty good. Hopefully another ACC championship and top 10 finish. We're probably another year or so from another national title run.

Who's your team and how are they looking?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Machado »

Sooners. Cannot actually say I am exciting about the season. Still a few weeks to go and many pre-season polls to review, LOL!!!
OU is a huge question mark this year. The QB position, WR and of course Big Game Bob needs to earn that rep he once had all those years ago.

BOOMER SOONER
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Georgia Southern Eagles and Georgia Bulldogs for me. Should be a good season for both teams.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Mrs. Slammer and the kids are already making plans for what they're going to do without me over the next four months.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I can't wait to watch ESPN lick the SEC's ass only to watch them fail during bowl season like last season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

for the most part week 1 of college football is boring. so many Div 1 teams
playing inferior teams for a payday or the chance to telecast the game via
a local PPV channel.
i'm over it. i give props to the schools that DO NOT schedule those games, but they are few and far between.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

FamousJames wrote:Lifelong FSU fan, alumni, and supporter... I love this time of year. Booking hotel rooms in Tallahassee, organizing tailgates and trips out of town, and another season of trash talking with my friends.

I don't think we'll be as dominant as we've been the past few years -we've put a lot of people into the NFL - but we'll still be pretty good. Hopefully another ACC championship and top 10 finish. We're probably another year or so from another national title run.

Who's your team and how are they looking?
Lifelong Noles fan. The sooner Golston starts, the better.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Alabama Slammer

Gritt wrote:Lifelong Noles fan. The sooner Golston starts, the better.
I know y'all aren't exactly swimming in 5 star QB talent down there, but did you actually watch Golson last year? Dude was about as sporadic as Jake Coker is slow. BTW, y'all can have him back... Coker that is. Please.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Alabama Slammer wrote:
I know y'all aren't exactly swimming in 5 star QB talent down there, but did you actually watch Golson last year? Dude was about as sporadic as Jake Coker is slow. BTW, y'all can have him back... Coker that is. Please.
I think we're planning on running an option offense a lot this year while the o-line develops. Especially if Cook gets cleared before the season starts (which is looking more and more likely).

And it looks like we have the 3rd best recruiting class and only have one less 5-star recruit than Alabama... I'm still liking our future. :)

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Footba ... amRankings
Alabama Slammer

FamousJames wrote:
Alabama Slammer wrote:
I think we're planning on running an option offense a lot this year while the o-line develops. Especially if Cook gets cleared before the season starts (which is looking more and more likely).

And it looks like we have the 3rd best recruiting class and only have one less 5-star recruit than Alabama... I'm still liking our future. :)
No doubt, Jimbo is recruiting just fine. If he can keep everybody out of jail, then they should be a favorite to win the ACC every year. I know the QB's ya'll do have were heavily recruited but just haven't panned out, happens to every program, but Golson was just horrible for most of last year. I'm not sold on the change of scenery fixing his INT problems.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Alabama Slammer wrote:No doubt, Jimbo is recruiting just fine. If he can keep everybody out of jail, then they should be a favorite to win the ACC every year. I know the QB's ya'll do have were heavily recruited but just haven't panned out, happens to every program, but Golson was just horrible for most of last year. I'm not sold on the change of scenery fixing his INT problems.

You sure you wanna talk to me about arrest records? You guys are doing a pretty good job of keeping cops busy too... ;)

http://arrestnation.com/2015-stats/
Alabama Slammer

FamousJames wrote:
Alabama Slammer wrote:No doubt, Jimbo is recruiting just fine. If he can keep everybody out of jail, then they should be a favorite to win the ACC every year. I know the QB's ya'll do have were heavily recruited but just haven't panned out, happens to every program, but Golson was just horrible for most of last year. I'm not sold on the change of scenery fixing his INT problems.

You sure you wanna talk to me about arrest records? You guys are doing a pretty good job of keeping cops busy too... ;)
It's a joke boy, dontcha get it, a joke I say.

I don't need to be reminded about how fucked up our off season was.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Alabama Slammer wrote:
I have no faith in McGuire.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Gritt wrote:
Alabama Slammer wrote:
I have no faith in McGuire.
I'd be shocked if he started. Especially with a shaky line. He did ok against Clemson when everyone else stepped up too but unless he's having an amazing spring workout he's not ready.

Either way I trust Jimbo though.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Very excited. As a foreigner with no team or conference to naturally support, the playoffs made it far more interesting - it felt like there were more games I could understand the value of during the season, and I was more primed for the post season when it came.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:I can't wait to watch ESPN lick the SEC's ass only to watch them fail during bowl season like last season.
I'm an Auburn Tigers fan, it's a must. From the Pat Dye day's. For being a fan I received cash payments.
With that said, the SEC Southeastern Confederacy including all Florida teams can fall into the ocean. It's a passion hate. Can't be helped I'm tired of turning on game day and watching the SEC channel along with FSU blanket coverage.

Nebraska - #1 first and foremost I'm Husker fan, it's also a must so I'll take my punches. I'm not excited and haven't been for some time. When Tom Osborne left I started watching less College football then when they hired Bill Callahan in 04 I quit watching on general principle.
I'm hope bringing in Mike Riley from Oregon State will be a fresh start, but I'm not expecting much. I'm not sure what he brings to the table.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

UtahRatt wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:I can't wait to watch ESPN lick the SEC's ass only to watch them fail during bowl season like last season.
I'm an Auburn Tigers fan, it's a must. From the Pat Dye day's. For being a fan I received cash payments.
With that said, the SEC Southeastern Confederacy including all Florida teams can fall into the ocean. It's a passion hate. Can't be helped I'm tired of turning on game day and watching the SEC channel along with FSU blanket coverage.

Nebraska - #1 first and foremost I'm Husker fan, it's also a must so I'll take my punches. I'm not excited and haven't been for some time. When Tom Osborne left I started watching less College football then when they hired Bill Callahan in 04 I quit watching on general principle.
I'm hope bringing in Mike Riley from Oregon State will be a fresh start, but I'm not expecting much. I'm not sure what he brings to the table.
ESPN absolutely HATES Florida State. Any non-SEC team that even shows a hint of being good, they go into full-on attack mode now. You'd think that FSU is just a place for felons to play football in a town of Barney Fifes based on coverage. Watch out, Ohio State - you're next... unless you choke early.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Graduated from OSU a long time ago and still live in Ohio, so nobody should be surprised who my team is.

If we can get past Vagina Tech while missing a few key players (I thought we made it safely through Dumbass Season but I was mistaken), we should be set up pretty well.

On paper, we should beat every team on the schedule. But I remember 1998 against Sparty and several games against Meatchicken all too well . . .
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

So Auburn almost got upset by Jacksonville State today. Almost. War dam eagle, indeed! Pathetic... :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

dmbrocker wrote:So Auburn almost got upset by Jacksonville State today. Almost. War dam eagle, indeed! Pathetic... :lol:
How much you wanna bet they don't drop more than 1 or 2 spots?

And Bert Bulimia whines about the ease of Ohio State's schedule, then Arkansas loses at home to mighty Toledo.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Sooners survive a wild game in Tennessee. HUGE comeback win. Down by 14 on the road is not easy to comeback from and escape with a W in the
second OT.

This new QB, Mayfield, is not bad. I do not remember his game at the previous school he went to but I am glad he decided to play for Stoops.
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

I've been a Bama fan since I was a kid. Enough so that I went to college there and played in the Million Dollar Band. Good times. I think we'll have a good season. Championship worthy though? We'll have to see how it goes. I was screaming at our defense in the first part of the Wisconsin game, but we got it together finally.

I will say that I think OSU being ranked #1 with a cupcake schedule is a joke. Of course they're winning. Look at who they're playing, and they were having a rough time against VA Tech for awhile if I'm not mistaken. I think they only have one ranked team on their schedule as compared to 6 for the Tide.
Alabama Slammer

Sixx6Sixx wrote:I've been a Bama fan since I was a kid. Enough so that I went to college there and played in the Million Dollar Band. Good times. I think we'll have a good season. Championship worthy though?
No QB, no kicker, no way we get out of the SEC with less than 2 losses.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Auburn played Jacksonville State
Clemson played App State
G Tech played Tulane
TCU played Stephen F Austin
Bama played Mid Tennessee St.
Baylor played Lamar
USC played Idaho

Look at all these cupcake match-ups. None of these high powered teams should get credit for these victories.
I understand they pay the schools a lot of money to get beat up and the host school earns a lot of money from gate receipts, but this type of schedule has been out of hand for years and really needs to stop.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Let me add that the polls are insane.

FSU beats the dog snot out of Texas St and drops a spot. Then, we struggle against USF and rise a few places.

As soon as we have some quality losses we might contend!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Thursday night matchup between Clemson and Louisville currently underway. Who ya got?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

And Clemson hangs on to beat Louisville 20-17 in a close one!
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

That was a good game. I didn't think it would be. HORRIBLE clock management by Louisville. They should have won...

Oh well. My beloved FSU takes on Boston College tonight. Hoping for a big FSU win, but BC often plays us tough and the games are closer than some of the scores would indicate.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

WOW... Down goes USC, down goes Alabama, and Ohio State barely beats unranked Northern Illinois at home...
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

LA media is so funny, USC plays two practice squads to get blowout wins, USC is back blah blah blah
USC still looks like garbage when real season starts, they won't win 3 more games this year
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"