**OFFICIAL Association Football 2015/2016 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2015/2016 Season thread**

Post by pieceofme »

Well Leicester need one more win to be crowned champions. And they need that win against United.

Hope we somehow get top 4. A FA cup would be nice! But still, considering the vast investment, even if we do win the FA cup, it has been a poor season.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

A draw, so Leicester have to wait. I see Chelsea beating Tottenham, thus giving the title to Leicester tomorrow.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote:A draw, so Leicester have to wait. I see Chelsea beating Tottenham, thus giving the title to Leicester tomorrow.
I hope they finish Tottenham.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Leicester!

There won't be a more amazing sporting result discussed on these boards all year, in any sport.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

demolition23 wrote:Leicester!

There won't be a more amazing sporting result discussed on these boards all year, in any sport.
Agreed. This type of story can't happen in the States - salary caps and revenue sharing pretty much eliminate the David vs Goliath aspect here.

Congrats to Leicester. It was fun cheering them over the line. 8)
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:

Agreed. This type of story can't happen in the States - salary caps and revenue sharing pretty much eliminate the David vs Goliath aspect here.

Yeah 50001 to 1 odds. That is insane. The worst odds in North American sports is normally like a 100 to 1! Which emphasises the incredible achievement of Leicester.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

pieceofme wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:

Yeah 50001 to 1 odds. That is insane. The worst odds in North American sports is normally like a 100 to 1! Which emphasises the incredible achievement of Leicester.
And shines a light on how horribly predictable all Europe's biggest football leagues have been for the last couple of decades at least.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

demolition23 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:

And shines a light on how horribly predictable all Europe's biggest football leagues have been for the last couple of decades at least.
With the Premier League still being the most open one. Germany, France, Italy championships barely qualify as a contest anymore. They basically play against relegation only, even Champions League spots seem pretty pointless for any secondary teams. Maybe they should really go through with these Euro Super League plans, so the likes of PSG, Bayern, Juve can fuck off. Of course, then no casual fan would want to watch the domestic leagues anymore, so I can't imagine how that would ever work out.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

From almost relegation to championship in a year- great for Leicester. Jaimie Vardy was only playing non-league football couple of years ago and Riyad Mahrez cost about 200000, which is nothing.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

demolition23 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:

I concur, and I support one of the 'big' teams as well!

Probably why I'm more into hockey these days.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
demolition23 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
With the Premier League still being the most open one. Germany, France, Italy championships barely qualify as a contest anymore. They basically play against relegation only, even Champions League spots seem pretty pointless for any secondary teams. Maybe they should really go through with these Euro Super League plans, so the likes of PSG, Bayern, Juve can fuck off. Of course, then no casual fan would want to watch the domestic leagues anymore, so I can't imagine how that would ever work out.
Hopefully Athletico can do the double. Yeah, they won the league recently, but I'm so sick of Barca/Madrid and the amount of wanking over them that occurs.

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: With the Premier League still being the most open one. Germany, France, Italy championships barely qualify as a contest anymore. They basically play against relegation only, even Champions League spots seem pretty pointless for any secondary teams. Maybe they should really go through with these Euro Super League plans, so the likes of PSG, Bayern, Juve can fuck off. Of course, then no casual fan would want to watch the domestic leagues anymore, so I can't imagine how that would ever work out.
With the new TV deal that starts soon for the Premier League I was reading that it's becoming more important for clubs than the CL. It used to be that the CL was all important, so to get PL teams to join a Euro league and give that up would be tough. I also doubt, with how things are split in Spain, that Real or Barca would be up for it. They get most of the TV pie in Spain. I think trying to cobble together a 20 team Euro league is a lot harder than you might think.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

There goes CL. Blind was involved in all goals. :roll:
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

That quote will haunt him for a while now :D
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote:That quote will haunt him for a while now :D
:lol:

When did he say that!

Sad Norwich went down. :(

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Well, no Champions League. Unless we beat Bournmouth 18-0.

So I guess that is the end of Van Gaal. I had high hopes, and I still like him, but his time is done.

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote:Well, no Champions League. Unless we beat Bournmouth 18-0.

So I guess that is the end of Van Gaal. I had high hopes, and I still like him, but his time is done.
I hope he leaves.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Zlatan could come and save Van Gaal's tenure at Old Trafford.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote:Zlatan could come and save Van Gaal's tenure at Old Trafford.
Wherever he does, he seems to win titles!

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote:
ShearMagic wrote:Zlatan could come and save Van Gaal's tenure at Old Trafford.
Wherever he does, he seems to win titles!
Zlatan not Van Gaal yeah. Zlatan hates Van Gaal though.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Liverpool were good in the first half but then Sevilla owned the second half. Of course those hands on the ball in the box, if only the ref had blown his whistle at least once the score and outcome could have been very different.

So no Eurocups for Liverpool next season. Will they sack Klopp?
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

ShearMagic wrote:Liverpool were good in the first half but then Sevilla owned the second half. Of course those hands on the ball in the box, if only the ref had blown his whistle at least once the score and outcome could have been very different.

Yeah, quite a disappointing game in the end. But you can't be serious about Klopp being let go over this. Liverpool getting to that final was half a miracle. Maybe it's not even so bad to have a full season to really build a team without international pressure. When Klopp came to Dortmund, they were barely avoiding relegation in Germany and after two seasons they became champs and have played international since. Pretty sure that's what they expect in Liverpool as well, not a one-season wonder.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

I wouldn't sack him, but you never know with those Americans.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote:Liverpool were good in the first half but then Sevilla owned the second half. Of course those hands on the ball in the box, if only the ref had blown his whistle at least once the score and outcome could have been very different.

No.

He will only get sacked next season if Liverpool relegated. Whilst that would be hilarious, it isn't happening.

Klopp came in and did a very good job. He has lost his last 5 cup finals though!

MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Reading some talk for the Football league possibly expanding to 4 professional leagues. Expanding the number of clubs to 100 and evening out the teams in each division to 20. This would reduce the number of games lower down so they could have a winter break and maybe get rid of a few midweek games. I think it's a good idea.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:Reading some talk for the Football league possibly expanding to 4 professional leagues. Expanding the number of clubs to 100 and evening out the teams in each division to 20. This would reduce the number of games lower down so they could have a winter break and maybe get rid of a few midweek games. I think it's a good idea.
I think so as well.

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Will this even affect the Wealdstone Raider?
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Fuck you Palace! Especially that cunt Pardew.

Made hard work of it after hitting the post twice then going behind, getting a man sent off and winning it in extra time. Local lad wins it with a special strike, after missing chance after chance in the league this season.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Nice way to end the season.

News just in that Mourinho will take over. Not that surprising, but the timing is a little strange and disrespectful to Van Gaal.