**OFFICIAL Association Football 2015/2016 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2015/2016 Season thread**

Post by MickeyG »

To be fair to United, they haven't said anything about Mourinho replacing Van Gaal. It's been leaked by Maureens camp, probably by that cunt Mendes. Get ready for a rollercoaster 3 years if it is true.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

I'd rather have my team suck ass than see that delusional shithead every week. Adding Ibrahimovic would be the icing on the charm cake. But I think he's looking for that most exciting challenge in MLS instead.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I'd rather have my team suck ass than see that delusional shithead every week. Adding Ibrahimovic would be the icing on the charm cake. But I think he's looking for that most exciting challenge in MLS instead.
We're desperate! :D We've got Pep and Klopp to compete with. If only your German teams could have offered them something interesting to keep them occupied instead of letting them go to England.

3 years without being top dogs feels like a lifetime now for United fans. We got so used to challenging every year under Fergie that we forgot what the 80's were like. The football has been awful too, under Van Gaal. He constantly plays people out of position, his subs are mind boggling and his "philosophy" is bullshit. Giving the young players a game is his only saving grace, but that was forced on him by injuries and his insistence on having a small squad.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I'd rather have my team suck ass than see that delusional shithead every week. Adding Ibrahimovic would be the icing on the charm cake. But I think he's looking for that most exciting challenge in MLS instead.
We're desperate! :D We've got Pep and Klopp to compete with. If only your German teams could have offered them something interesting to keep them occupied instead of letting them go to England.

3 years without being top dogs feels like a lifetime now for United fans. We got so used to challenging every year under Fergie that we forgot what the 80's were like. The football has been awful too, under Van Gaal. He constantly plays people out of position, his subs are mind boggling and his "philosophy" is bullshit. Giving the young players a game is his only saving grace, but that was forced on him by injuries and his insistence on having a small squad.
And yet you were very vocal about wanting him gone!

Be careful what you wish for!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I absolutely wanted Van Gaal gone. And I wanted Mourinho to replace Fergie, but after Chelseas implosion I'm not as sure as I was. Not that there's anyone else available.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:I absolutely wanted Van Gaal gone. And I wanted Mourinho to replace Fergie, but after Chelseas implosion I'm not as sure as I was. Not that there's anyone else available.
No, I meant you absolutely wanted Ferguson gone! The last we won the Premier League you were saying as much.

Pretty much everyone wanted Van Gaal gone at the end of the season. lol

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Oh Fergie? He left us weak to be honest and then picked a shit replacement. He neglected midfield horribly. We'll never see his like in the Premier league again though, Pep isn't in it long term and there's no one else who will come close to what Fergie won.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

So, who's gonna win the Euro 2016?

England is actually not looking half-bad this time. I think my money would be on France if I had any. Germany lost too many players after the World Cup and three of our best just got injured without real replacement, others got dropped by their teams or are wasted in crappy leagues. Spain looks confused, but they could still beat anyone on a good day. How about Belgium? Overrated or true contenders? Maybe even Austria?

Either way I'll be fine, as long as it's not Italy.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I'd like England to win, but they'll lose on penalties yet again. It's between Germany and France, I think Germany will win.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Hellsinkey wrote:I'd like England to win, but they'll lose on penalties yet again. It's between Germany and France, I think Germany will win.
That is a safe bet.

Yeah, I'm thinking either Germany or France. Watch it be Poland! :)

ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

So many teams so it makes the upsets more possible. Hopefully there are many of them upsets.

France has always been good on home turf, no reason why not this time also. Germany, Spain, Italy... always contenders. Belgium, Sweden and Ireland in the same group with Italy. Many will be disappointed there.

Portugal probably will go far, easy group for them. Tempers will flare in group with Croatia, Spain and Turkey.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Dammit, Romania would have deserved the upset. First goal by Giroud was a foul and there should have been another penalty for Romania. France looked pretty weak, although I'm sure we'll see a bunch of underwhelming performances from the big teams in the beginning.

Anybody catch the opening ceremony? Holy shit, was that terrible. That "performance" of the stupid DJ hired to press play on what sounded like 90s kids' techno was nothing but comical. They could have hired Lovin' Kry for yesterday's steak 'n lobster dinner and it would have been better.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Nice fans.

Good ol' 'civilized' Europeans.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/fan-c ... tml?ref=gs
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

If you think being a sports fan means farting in your seat while eating hotdogs and being English means drinking tea wearing a monocle that's just your problem. Nothing newsworthy here. Cops are just idiots, everywhere.

Too bad about Albania, they were so close to beating Switzerland. Yann Sommer is an insane goalie for his height.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Wales at the top of their group. Wow. England disappoints again.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Fuck, almost. One more game ruined by last minute goal for the favorites. I'm not liking this Euro much so far.

England and Russia out in group stage would have been some poetic justice. Okay, not that our hooligans are any better...
shocked_the_monkey
Born Under a Bad Sign

Post by shocked_the_monkey »

Sterling had comfortably one of the most inept performances i've ever seen. So many players regress when they follow the money to Man City.

The result was close but deserved. Wales had one shot on target the whole game and 30% of the possession.

Other thoughts...

Kane up front on his own does not work. At least one of Sturridge and Vardy have to start which means changing the system. I would still start with Kane against Slovakia.

Rooney has been very good in both games so far.

Defence looks ok-ish.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Most of the groups have been pretty even so far, so it makes it more interesting.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Italy makes me barf, as always. I hope Germany chokes against someone else before they can kick us out with that bullshit.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Fuck, almost. One more game ruined by last minute goal for the favorites. I'm not liking this Euro much so far.

England and Russia out in group stage would have been some poetic justice. Okay, not that our hooligans are any better...

And Hungry, Croatia, Turkey.....

Yeah, some pretty bad hooliganism. Can't remember it being this bad 4 years ago.

Finding it kind of funny how bad Ronaldo is doing.

Watch him score a hat trick now I just said that! lol

Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Just watched Chile destroy a quickly deflated Mexico 7-0 in the quarter-finals of the Copa Centenario. A little afraid of watching Argentina do something similar to the USA on Tuesday. Pretty good semi-final matchups . . . USA v Argentina and Colombia v Chile
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

USA are getting their ass kicked pretty bad. But it was a good Copa showing overall, you can lose like that to Argentina.

It was awesome to see Croatia finally show what they're capable of, against Spain, no less. Now eighth final Spain vs. Italy! Good stuff.

Germany keeps playing super cute in the most inefficient way possible. No idea where they're really at this year.

England looked actually better than in the previous games to me, and generally better than in a long, long time. I don't get the harsh criticism, despite not winning.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:USA are getting their ass kicked pretty bad. But it was a good Copa showing overall, you can lose like that to Argentina.

It was awesome to see Croatia finally show what they're capable of, against Spain, no less. Now eighth final Spain vs. Italy! Good stuff.

Germany keeps playing super cute in the most inefficient way possible. No idea where they're really at this year.

England looked actually better than in the previous games to me, and generally better than in a long, long time. I don't get the harsh criticism, despite not winning.
I agree. Press being way too harsh. To be expected with England though.

Spain vs. Italy obviously stands out. Glad one of them will be going home!

This new format is weird. I mean, I'm happy for Northern Ireland, but they only won one game! Seems a bit messed up that teams can qualify after losing two games in the group stages.

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:USA are getting their ass kicked pretty bad. But it was a good Copa showing overall, you can lose like that to Argentina.

Spain vs. Italy obviously stands out. Glad one of them will be going home!
The winner will be playing against Germany, likely.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Saw this joke and thought that I would share.
A Brexit vote would be historic because England usually exits Europe on penalty kicks.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Hellsinkey wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Spain vs. Italy obviously stands out. Glad one of them will be going home!
The winner will be playing against Germany, likely.
I think it's actually pretty exciting that it's clear already that only one of the big five can reach the final this year. There's bound to be one true underdog in the final. Never thought we'd see this again after Greece. Makes me appreciate the new mode so far.

Unless Germany won't be the one in the final. Then the new mode sucks!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Surprised Portugal knocked out Croatia. It was supposed to be a dire game as well.

Poland through. 8)

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Italy is being so terribly Italian again, it's hard to imagine them not winning it all this year. Germany has never beat them in a tournament.

Belgium won too high yesterday, Hungary really wasn't as bad as the result suggests.

Watching Iceland humiliate England at the moment. Wow. I doubt they'll actually keep this up til the end, but still amazing.

Edit: Holy shit!
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

England disappoints again.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Wales vs. Iceland would be a great final. You couldn't pay me to watch Italy vs. Portugal instead. Portugal are pathetic so far, I actually fell asleep and missed the penalties against Poland.