The Occasional RUGBY Thread...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: 2015 RUGBY WORLD CUP

Post by demolition23 »

The next four years are going to be fascinating too. Australia will probably feel like the World Cup came one year too early, but after a bleak period, they're ascending for sure, while the All Blacks are entering a rebuilding phase not unlike 1998 (when we lost five in a row), and have guys like Sonny Bill focussing on Sevens for the Olympics.

Argentina with four more years of regular competition and a new sense of attacking flair could also be primed to make the 'big five' the big six.

Meanwhile South Africa and the Northern Hemisphere teams will feel they've got a lot of work to do, but a lot will change between now and 2019. England and France having been so bad almost makes it more interesting as I have no doubt they'll be better next time.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

demolition23 your sig picture is offensive to me please remove it immediately or I will be forced to report you to the Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though well done NZ you deserve it, now bring on the cricket we should have little trouble beating you in that
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

BootyDaddy69 wrote:demolition23 your sig picture is offensive to me please remove it immediately or I will be forced to report you to the Admin

Seriously though well done NZ you deserve it, now bring on the cricket we should have little trouble beating you in that
Hey, you won the Cricket World Cup and we were losing finalists. We won the Rugby World Cup and you were losing finalists. So I guess what I'm saying is we should both be happy that England were humiliated in each tournament.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

demolition23 wrote:
BootyDaddy69 wrote:demolition23 your sig picture is offensive to me please remove it immediately or I will be forced to report you to the Admin

Hey, you won the Cricket World Cup and we were losing finalists. We won the Rugby World Cup and you were losing finalists. So I guess what I'm saying is we should both be happy that England were humiliated in each tournament.
That is true as long as England keep losing all in good in the world
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

If NZ play to their best , they could beat Australia in the cricket test match series coming up.
They have one of their best ever squads, while Australia, it could be argued are rebuilding.
It should make for some interesting viewing.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Cyber Spirit wrote:

If NZ play to their best , they could beat Australia in the cricket test match series coming up.
They have one of their best ever squads, while Australia, it could be argued are rebuilding.
It should make for some interesting viewing.
True, but we're still big underdogs - bigger than Australia was in the rugby IMO.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Australia lost a lot of players but still the players coming in have had some experience, it will be a great game and a great way to recover after ACDC the night before, day 1 of the first test is always a great watch
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

BootyDaddy69 wrote:
demolition23 wrote:

That is true as long as England keep losing all in good in the world
Hey, we just beat NZ in rugby league! :P
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

I saw that. Surprising outcome given we dealt to Australia last year.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The Occasional RUGBY Thread...

Post by demolition23 »

Sad news breaking. Revolutionary player. Who knows what he could have done if he hadn't been cursed by ill health?

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-bl ... ies-report

Happier times, although hard to imagine he was already pretty brutally I'll at this stage.
http://youtu.be/aNbQuRXD6yA
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

demolition23 wrote:Sad news breaking. Revolutionary player. Who knows what he could have done if he hadn't been cursed by ill health?

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-bl ... ies-report

Happier times, although hard to imagine he was already pretty brutally I'll at this stage.
http://youtu.be/aNbQuRXD6yA
First world star of rugby. Incredible player.

Saw McCaw retired today. Not too surprising.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

He was always retiring after this Cup - he just didn't want it to be part of the World Cup story. Amazing really, he played part of the last World Cup with a broken foot, a great player with one last chance at the title. And then he went and played another four years.

In McCaw's 14 year career we won 88.5% of the 148 games he played, but only 68% of the 37 games he missed.

As for Jonah, I was just reading about how sick he already was by the time of that dominant 95 semi-final performance. Unreal.

Beyond that, I'll leave it to the Irish.
:(

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Calcutta cup belongs to England still!

Weird seeing Scotland as pregame favourites.

Hardly the greatest display, but a good win to start the 6 nations.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

pieceofme wrote:Calcutta cup belongs to England still!

Weird seeing Scotland as pregame favourites.

Hardly the greatest display, but a good win to start the 6 nations.
Or the next six nations, as we are wont to call it. :wink:

Going to be a fascinating international season. 7s in the Olympics too.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Three wins out of three for England under Jones. First win at Twickenham as well. Next game against Wales. Would be nice to get some revenge on Wales after the World Cup!

Like the stuff Jones says to the press. Some good mind games for sure. :lol:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

This was an article on BBC.com about banning tackling at schools in England and Wales:

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35704527

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

So England still on course for the Grand Slam. Almost blew it against Wales again! Luckily held on this time. Head to France next weekend so fingers crossed!

Went to the 7s tournament this weekend in Vancouver and had a lot of fun. Highlight was definitely Canada beating France with the last kick of the game! In fact, they also did that against Australia the previous day. Needless to day the locals loved it.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Grand Slam. 8)

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Well done England. A little surprised to read how uncommon that is.

We have just recruited a guy called Eddie you may be familiar with...

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

demolition23 wrote:The next four years are going to be fascinating too. Australia will probably feel like the World Cup came one year too early, but after a bleak period, they're ascending for sure, while the All Blacks are entering a rebuilding phase not unlike 1998 (when we lost five in a row)
Shows what I know!
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union ... qxd0e.html
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

demolition23 wrote:
demolition23 wrote:The next four years are going to be fascinating too. Australia will probably feel like the World Cup came one year too early, but after a bleak period, they're ascending for sure, while the All Blacks are entering a rebuilding phase not unlike 1998 (when we lost five in a row)
Shows what I know!
All Blacks already sealed the Rugby Championship with two games to spare!

Looking forward to the Autumn internationals! See how England do. Feeling confident.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

pieceofme wrote:
demolition23 wrote:
Shows what I know!
All Blacks already sealed the Rugby Championship with two games to spare!

Looking forward to the Autumn internationals! See how England do. Feeling confident.
Embarrassed Australia twice and then two crazy games against Argentina and SA. In both cases it was even after fifty minutes, but it's an 80 minute game and they ended as blowouts. This has been a much smoother transition than 98 (the last time half a team retired).

Shame we're not playing England at the end of the year.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I don't know if anyone here watches English Rugby League, but last weekend's Million Pound Game was crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uToyzHLg094
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

All Blacks v Springboks.
12-9 at half time
57-15 at full time.

Good God what a second half beatdown. Books were still within seven with about twenty minutes to go.

All Blacks win the first Rugby Championship of the post McCaw era by winning all six matches by an average of almost 30 points.
Last edited by demolition23 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:I don't know if anyone here watches English Rugby League, but last weekend's Million Pound Game was crazy.

We used to get a fair bit of English league coverage back in the days of Offiah and Hanley and the Kiwis with Wigan but once we got a team in Australia's league interest dried up a bit.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:I don't know if anyone here watches English Rugby League, but last weekend's Million Pound Game was crazy.

I miss watching Saints and Wigan. Cable has been showing some Union league games recently, but of course it's not the same. Rugby League and some county cricket would be awesome to see.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

NZ Maori are 28-0 up on the USA Eagles at half time at Toyota Park in Chicago.

Tomorrow the All Blacks play Ireland at Soldier Field.
After sweeping the Rugbt Championship, setting the winning streak record for tier 1 nations, and a bit of a break, there's a decent chance of the All Blacks dipping a bit. Could be much closer than people expect.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

demolition23 wrote:NZ Maori are 28-0 up on the USA Eagles at half time at Toyota Park in Chicago.

Tomorrow the All Blacks play Ireland at Soldier Field.
After sweeping the Rugbt Championship, setting the winning streak record for tier 1 nations, and a bit of a break, there's a decent chance of the All Blacks dipping a bit. Could be much closer than people expect.
They will still win though.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Down 25-8 at half-time. This will test the bench!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Wow. Ireland did it. I'm shocked, First time beating New Zealand after 111 years of trying. Maybe they should play in Chicago more often!