Stephen A. Smith's epic back pedal on Greg Hardy case

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Stephen A. Smith's epic back pedal on Greg Hardy case

Post by demolition23 »

Some people simply don't really give a fuck until such time as their position becomes untenable in the eyes of the public.

Some people lack the empathy or imagination to read a written report of an incident and imagine how horrific the incident may have been and need to see photos to get it into their thick skulls.

This is one or both of those situations.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:I will state that I am actually a fan of Stephen A. Smith but I don't always agree with everything he says. He is very well educated, well informed, often humorous and usually pulls no punches in his reporting or commentary on issues or news.
Don't forget "and clean."
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

If it was any of us the state wouldn't have dropped the charges and we'd be behind bars.
Once the state is involved it don't matter if the victim denies to press charges, the state can push forward on the evidence. But since Hardy can sack a QB and makes money it's swept under the rug and the NFL not only allows him back with open arms....They reduce his sentence.

If that happened at my job I'd be fired. I wouldn't be able to get a lot of jobs let alone one that pays millions and makes me a role model.
Good Games NFL. It will never happen but they need a no felon law other wise this abuse shit will never go away.

NFL, keep the violence off the field and at home where it belongs. Fans feel sorry for the players but don't care about them beating the fuck out a woman and threatening to kill her.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Right wing dickheads al Michaels and collinsworth were on tv last night calling upon the players union to "do the right thing" and rip up the contract and ban Greg hardy.

That's not how it fucking works.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Right wing dickheads al Michaels and collinsworth were on tv last night calling upon the players union to "do the right thing" and rip up the contract and ban Greg hardy.

No, indeed it is not. But their underlying point that the union, as well as the NFL need to strengthen their positions on this is something I can get behind.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

demolition23 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Right wing dickheads al Michaels and collinsworth were on tv last night calling upon the players union to "do the right thing" and rip up the contract and ban Greg hardy.

No, indeed it is not. But their underlying point that the union, as well as the NFL need to strengthen their positions on this is something I can get behind.
Their underlying point was that it was the evil union's fault that Hardy walks free and plays football, and that the collective bargaining contract should simply be disregarded to punish him. Michaels is always sneaking in little digs like that, and he's completely wrong.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
demolition23 wrote:

Their underlying point was that it was the evil union's fault that Hardy walks free and plays football, and that the collective bargaining contract should simply be disregarded to punish him. Michaels is always sneaking in little digs like that, and he's completely wrong.
I don't think that was their underlying point (that it was the union's fault), but I do think their call to disregard the collective was well off base. I think the main point is that for all the justified criticism of the league, I don't think the players' Union is covered in glory here either.

Treatment of these situations should be a big focus of their next negotiations.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
demolition23 wrote:

Finally someone with some sense and an understanding of the situation has appeared. Michaels should know better. He was probably paid by NBC for that rant.
I saw the head of the Players Union on TV this week and you could see in his eyes that even he did not believe the words he was saying or the message he was sending: That the players have rights and the players and owners collectively bargained and there is a process, etc.

Look, Goodell suspended Hardy for 10 games and a judge reduced that suspension to 4. Why? Because Goodell does not have the authority to suspend Hardy for 10 games.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado:

Do you really think Hardy is worth the trouble at this point?

THe Cowboys suck fucking ass. They are 2-6. They aren't going anywhere.

Why keep this asshole on your team at this point and pay him $10 million a year just to poison the environment and public opinion? Cause he's THAT good? Cause he might help the Cowboys finish in 3rd place?

30 out of 32 teams cut him when those pictures and the details of his arrest come out, I think (I mean...Raiders).
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

"The release of the pictures opened up a new debate on whether Hardy should be allowed to play in the NFL. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones defended his decision to sign Hardy, calling him a "leader" on the team. :roll:

Jones..........Hardy's a leader! Like kim jong il?

Former Cowboys great Roger Staubach, on the other hand, has said he's cheering for the team but not for Hardy and that he has mixed emotions about Hardy's presence on the team. Staubach, who said in May that he wouldn't want Hardy as a teammate."

Did you see Hardy's twitter posts when the pictures came out? He goes from sorry to being discriminated to wacky gibberish, to deleting, to changing his account. This clown is playing with half a deck.

"Innocent until proven guilty-lack of knowledge & information is just ignorance-the unjust/prejudicial treatment of diff categories of people is discrimination," he wrote in the account's bio while his Twitter handle remained @OverlordKraken, he changed his name to "Perfection."
Hardy later took that profile down, changed the account name to "Machiavelli Kraken" and changed his profile to this: "Come with me Hail Mary Run quick see What do we have here now wana be my ride or die La la la la la la (SuperBlockParty)."

---------------------------
What got me was during the investigation...The NFL seen the pictures and it was also written that Hardy never once showed any guilt or remorse yet not only is he still in the league his suspension was dropped to a parking ticket. Now that the pictures are out all hell breaks lose. All hell should have broke lose when he beat up a woman!

What about this week, a stupid 15yd Personal Foul after an Eagles extra point? After an extra point! Two weeks ago? his sideline fight, swiping a clip board away from a coach and in the huddle arguments. Hardy walks right into and disrupts the Special Teams huddle because he can't control his anger. That should have got him benched or suspended, not SUPPORTED by the dickhead owner.

Greg Hardy briefly changes Twitter profile to declare his innocence
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14104 ... er-profile

Skip Bayless just went the fuck off about how despicable Hardy is and he's ashamed Hardy is on his favorite team. That video is a riot, I couldn't tell if Skip was going to cry or hit the camera.

Even ROMO had to pull Hardy aside in the locker room before his "Next question" interview.

It's hard to believe any Dallas fan would support this douche bag.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
No it isn't.

Machado.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
No it isn't.

Machado.
If he's on the field I am going to support him and hope he makes enough plays to help the team win.
I do not condone his behavior. I do not condone his actions against the female. How difficult is that to understand?
Unlike some of you here, I do not jump ship when a favorite team of mine is not doing well in the standings.
Unlike some of you here, I don't indulge in Fantasy Sports, so I can root for said player to gain X amount of yards, etc.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Machado: Man of Integrity.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Machado: Man of Integrity.
STFU
You were secretly wishing that I would have stated the opposite. You and the rest of the crew were ready to pounce but you guessed wrong
and now have egg on your face.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
No it isn't.

Machado.
If he's on the field I am going to support him and hope he makes enough plays to help the team win.
I do not condone his behavior. I do not condone his actions against the female. How difficult is that to understand?
Unlike some of you here, I do not jump ship when a favorite team of mine is not doing well in the standings.
Unlike some of you here, I don't indulge in Fantasy Sports, so I can root for said player to gain X amount of yards, etc.
Nice non-sequiter you fucking moron.

Nobody is telling you to abandon your team because they suck.

We are asking you if you'd rather have Hardy off the roster or not. We are asking you if you think this woman beater is worth the trouble.

Apparantly, you have no opinion, ever, on Cowboys' roster moves, because you "support the team" no matter what they do?

You are a fucking joke. You mock everyone here as being "fair weather fans" but that's because we actually have OPINIONS about our teams. We get pissed when their management does something stupid, we lament when our teams suck, and we have opinions about which players should come and which should go.

You are an empty-headed moron who is rooting for the uniform. The perfect Cowboys fan.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado is a robot........Jumping their teams because of a player :lol:

No you dumbass, we're talking about tossing the player to help the team.

You're teenage cheerleader.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Machado wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Machado: Man of Integrity.
STFU
You were secretly wishing that I would have stated the opposite. You and the rest of the crew were ready to pounce but you guessed wrong
and now have egg on your face.
I don't secretly wish anything about you. However, I would publicly wish that your hands be involved in some sort of accident that would prevent you from typing your nonsense.

GOON!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.