Sludge Fantasy Baseball 2016

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Sludge Fantasy Baseball 2016

Post by WOLF »

I'm all for a deeper, more challenging draft. Let's get these guys in fast, set the thing to run, and get the show on the road.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

More the merrier - just keep play offs to six teams though.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I just noticed the league settings are set with 12 max teams, so the 13th and 14th participants won't be able to join.

What's the deal? Are they in/out? We need to run this draft. Season starts Sunday and we need 48 hours for every player not drafted to clear waivers before we can make changes to our rosters.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote:I just noticed the league settings are set with 12 max teams, so the 13th and 14th participants won't be able to join.

What's the deal? Are they in/out? We need to run this draft. Season starts Sunday and we need 48 hours for every player not drafted to clear waivers before we can make changes to our rosters.
If the guy had emailed me I would have expanded it to 14 teams. I would have kept the same draft order and added the new teams as 13 and 14 in order. Didn't happen. I tried to help the guy out and made every effort to help him get in, but never heard back.

Will set the draft to run tomorrow.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Draft has run. Pre-ranking works. Love my team save for a couple of tweaks I need to make.

I have power and saves to burn, but need SP.

If anyone needs an elite closer, I am willing to deal for a starter. Also if anyone needs power I have Jay Bruce available.

Enjoy the season folks! Thanks for managing King!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

I'm pretty happy with mine. I may need to look into more saves though.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

killeverything wrote:I'm pretty happy with mine. I may need to look into more saves though.
Don't ask me how, but I wound up with: Kimbrel, Familia, Rosenthal, and Ken Giles (who is closing in Houston).

You need an elite closer, I'm the guy to see!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WOLF wrote:
killeverything wrote:I'm pretty happy with mine. I may need to look into more saves though.
Don't ask me how, but I wound up with: Kimbrel, Familia, Rosenthal, and Ken Giles (who is closing in Houston).

You need an elite closer, I'm the guy to see!
Apparently. :lol:

I'm loaded with SP. Harvey, Greinke, Carrasco, Iwakuma, McCullers, and Volquez.

Tolleson might be the closer for TX, but...

We'll see.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

I have almost no power. :-(
Going to be a tough season I suspect.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fuck - I had Trevor Story as a waiver pick-up before the season started, but prioritized him 2nd on my list. I got Osuna, and I'm glad I did, but I could have had Story and still possibly gotten the Jays' closer.

Kid is on fire. All Spring and now again in regular season!

Dammit! That one hurts.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

WOLF wrote:Fuck - I had Trevor Story as a waiver pick-up before the season started, but prioritized him 2nd on my list. I got Osuna, and I'm glad I did, but I could have had Story and still possibly gotten the Jays' closer.

Dammit! That one hurts.
Thanks Wolf! :wink:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
WOLF wrote:Fuck - I had Trevor Story as a waiver pick-up before the season started, but prioritized him 2nd on my list. I got Osuna, and I'm glad I did, but I could have had Story and still possibly gotten the Jays' closer.

Dammit! That one hurts.
Thanks Wolf! :wink:
Wolf, you sonuvabitch!
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

killeverything wrote:
WOLF wrote:Come into my web said the spider to the fly!

The dynasty of the north is back!
Once I destroy PKOS, you're next.

:lol: :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I lost to Kill! Has that EVER happened?

Fuck! This season is a write-off for me!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Weird not seeing Canuckle at or near the top. Still, after undergoing a massive positive turnaround over the last two weeks (19-2), I'm carrying some injuries into our meeting this week which could help you out.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

demolition23 wrote:Weird not seeing Canuckle at or near the top. Still, after undergoing a massive positive turnaround over the last two weeks (19-2), I'm carrying some injuries into our meeting this week which could help you out.
I suck this year. Can't get it going.

Look out if I sneak into the playoffs though!
Shine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Shine »

I just want to give some props to Blumpkin for running a cool competitive league. I am in several others but The Sludge league is the only one I really give a fuck about.

I just got kicked out of a different league ( one of several participants ) that was run by some shady bitch and I basically quit before she liquidated my roster.

First, she liquidated someone's team on a Monday. With no waiver period, she immediately claimed the three best players from the team that only she knew was going to be liquidated.
You don't expect to see players like Trout, Arrieta, and Kimbrel on the waiver wire. So I called her out on the league message board and she deleted my post. So I posted again about
the question of fairness. Several other members commented also but we never got a reply from the commish.

Then she blocked several trades between participants that were totally fair swaps.

She expanded the number of acquisitions mid-week because she needed players, expanded the number of DL spots because she needed them, straight out cheating bullshit.

Then she switched them back when she didn't need them.

I called her out on each move publicly but got no response. She disabled the message board.

Finally, I just e-mailed her personally and told her that she and her league suck and have fun playing solitaire. I then dropped my max number of players with the intention of liquidating my roster. She did it for me.

That was last week. Now, in what was a ten team league, there are three left. At the time, I was 7-2-1 and second to the Commish Bitch at a perfect 10-0.

So, Thanks Again Blumpkin, and Good Luck in the Playoffs.
Last edited by Shine on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Shine wrote:I just want to give some props to Blumpkin for running a cool competitive league. I am in several others but The Sludge league is the only one I really give a fuck about.

I just got kicked out of a different league ( one of several participants ) that was run by some shady bitch and I basically quit before she liquidated my roster.

First, she liquidated someone's team on a Monday. With no waiver period, she immediately claimed the three best players from the team that only she knew was going to be liquidated.
You don't expect to see players like Trout, Arrieta, and Kimbrel on the waiver wire. So I called her out on the league message board and she deleted my post. So I posted the again about
the question of fairness. Several other members commented also but we never got a reply from the commish.

Then she blocked several trades between participants that were totally fair swaps.

She expanded the number of acquisitions mid-week because she needed players, expanded the number of DL spots because she needed them, straight out cheating bullshit.

Then she switched them back when she didn't need them.

I called her out on each move publicly on each move but got no response. She disabled the message board.

Finally, I just e-mailed her personally and told her that she and her league suck and have fun playing solitaire. I then dropped my max number of players with the intention of liquidating my roster. She did it for me.

That was last week. Now, in what was a ten team league, there are three left. At the time, I was 7-2-1 and second to the Commish Bitch at a perfect 10-0.

So, Thanks Again Blumpkin, and Good Luck in the Playoffs.
Sludge League, is, and always has been, good people.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Thanks for the nice words. I think we are all happy as long as everyone plays right until the end and doesn't give up on their team. Nothing is more frustrating than someone making their way into the playoffs because they played an abandoned team. Everyone in this league is cool and hopefully we can keep playing for a long time.

Now if someone wants to give me a top rate pitcher since Kershaw just went down I am happy to give you Billy Burns.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Talk about close semi-finals!
!/Junk Bombs ended 6/5.
Crimson Haybailers/Crud's Crappers were 5/5. With an even record against each other I think Crimson goes through as the highest seeded of the two?

Sucks for Junk Bombs after leading start to finish, but as I'm ! I guess I'll take it!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Congrats to the finalists! Good luck!

Looks like the Canuckle Balls mini-dynasty has come to an end. I made a late run, but could not get into the big boy dance.

We shall return!
Shine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Shine »

My scrub pitching staff just ran out of gas and my line-ups were great Monday-Thursday but seemed hungover Friday-Sunday.

Good Luck and Here's to 3rd Place.

Till Next Year Gentlemen.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

WOLF wrote:Congrats to the finalists! Good luck!

Looks like the Canuckle Balls mini-dynasty has come to an end. I made a late run, but could not get into the big boy dance.

We shall return!
If it softens the blow at all, the title still won't fall into American hands as it's an all Kiwi final!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Shine wrote:My scrub pitching staff just ran out of gas and my line-ups were great Monday-Thursday but seemed hungover Friday-Sunday.

You're Junk Bombs, yeah? Man, I was sweating on your last few at bats when you were only a couple of rbi back... Good matchup.
Shine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Shine »

demolition23 wrote:
Shine wrote:My scrub pitching staff just ran out of gas and my line-ups were great Monday-Thursday but seemed hungover Friday-Sunday.

You're Junk Bombs, yeah? Man, I was sweating on your last few at bats when you were only a couple of rbi back... Good matchup.
Yeah, that was close. Sanchez hit that HR in the Sunday night NY-Bos game and I had Bogaerts as well in that game. Oh, well.....

Good Luck and looking forward to 2017.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Well shit, both my Sunday starters are being pushed back and one of my star batsman has been out all week with, and I couldn't make this up, a strained ass.

Fortunately my opponent has been shit to, so it's currently 4-4 with one day remaining.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

demolition23 wrote:Well shit, both my Sunday starters are being pushed back...
...and so since he wasn't starting on Sunday, one of them opted for a Saturday evening of boating. :?
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Well, in sad news, Simon, the owner of the Crimson Haybailers, passed away a couple of days ago. He was my flatmate for a few years through to about 2012 rather than a Sludger, but he loved playing in this league. Certainly, he loved beating me in last year's final! At least he went out on top I guess.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

demolition23 wrote:Well, in sad news, Simon, the owner of the Crimson Haybailers, passed away a couple of days ago. He was my flatmate for a few years through to about 2012 rather than a Sludger, but he loved playing in this league. Certainly, he loved beating me in last year's final! At least he went out on top I guess.
Ah man that sux to hear. I will raise a toast tonight.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

demolition23 wrote:Well, in sad news, Simon, the owner of the Crimson Haybailers, passed away a couple of days ago. He was my flatmate for a few years through to about 2012 rather than a Sludger, but he loved playing in this league. Certainly, he loved beating me in last year's final! At least he went out on top I guess.
Bummer.