The official CUBS STILL FUCKING SUCK THREAD

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The official CUBS STILL FUCKING SUCK THREAD

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:business owners in Cleveland and Chicago are raping their fans.
a parking lot in Cleveland would charge $5 to park during reg season.
world series begins and the price soared to $50

local Wrigley Field establishments are charging $100 cover charge.
the rooftop seats are going to $1,000
another pub near Wrigley is charging $500 and a mandatory 18% gratuity
:shock:
And there's a line. No one here is surprised by these prices.

You going to games, John?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

the Indians are stayin' at the Westin on Michigan Ave if u wanna try and meet 'em or some shit.
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

Let Dad take oldest son last night. It's the 9 year old and me tonight.

And people wondering how tickets are so expensive? I recognize almost every person in our sections. I didn't look at Stubhub, but there has to be nearly no secondary market for anything in the XX's, 100's or lower 200's.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

And people wondering how tickets are so expensive? I recognize almost every person in our sections. I didn't look at Stubhub, but there has to be nearly no secondary market for anything in the XX's, 100's or lower 200's.
I hope the locals and regulars still have secret fishing hole parking spots around. They're like unicorns since everyone is capitalizing on this shit. Ticket prices, hidden fee's, scalpers, parking to concessions Sporting Events have evolved into thief's meant to pick-pocket you from the house to your seat. Milk every dime, not sure how working families can do it.

It's really cool your family/kids/son gets to experience the the WS at their age. I hope they absorb it, can't imagine the cost when they become adults. I said It will be cool for your son if the CUBS win but if they just so happen to lose it should build a non-bratty appreciation character that you'd know all about having been a fan all these years.

Not all of us jumped on the Cowboys and Yankees bandwagons. Expected to buy a ring every year and shove it in your face like little girls.

I wonder how many bandwagon Cub fans will be left if they don't. MLB and the media did a fantastic job carrying the CUBS over into this season as I'm sure they will into the next. They created a monster! With this huge influx into their fan base CUBS apparel is selling and win or lose the team is built to be around and compete for awhile. It will be nice that not everyone is a Stankee or RedSox fan. Now they're jumping ship to Chicago!

I still say they'll win! 2016 World Champ CUBS!...........Will still suck!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote: I hope the locals and regulars still have secret fishing hole parking spots around.

It's really cool your family/kids/son gets to experience the the WS at their age. I hope they absorb it, can't imagine the cost when they become adults.

I wonder how many bandwagon Cub fans will be left if they don't. MLB and the media did a fantastic job carrying the CUBS over into this season as I'm sure they will into the next. They created a monster! With this huge influx into their fan base CUBS apparel is selling and win or lose the team is built to be around and compete for awhile. It will be nice that not everyone is a Stankee or RedSox fan. Now they're jumping ship to Chicago!

I still say they'll win! 2016 World Champ CUBS!...........Will still suck!
Hey. The Cubs are happening again. Tonight you'll see new faces in the stands. The older fans especially are having a hard time watching this. Maggie who the national media keeps showing is almost 90. She said she's coming tonight. As a fan who's never experienced this before I can't emphasize how stressful these games are. My youngest last night didn't just cry, he WAILED when it went 4-1. I didn't tell him you get used to it as you grow older. I typically am about the quietest fan going. Most of the long termers are pretty quiet unless something pretty special happens. Tonight it's Dad and me.
2 generations representing 50 years in that shitty ballpark. Different year, same result.

4 games. 1 run. I'm fresh out of ideas.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

This was today's headline............

"World Series ticket prices dip after Cubs' Game 3, Game 4 losses"

It's the 9th and I'm sure the CUBS will pull this one out but what does that headline tell ya and after the win what will tomorrow's headline read?

World Series ticket prices rise after CUBS win? Fair-weather in today's ticket prices with a chance of rich sun tomorrow.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
World Series ticket prices rise after CUBS win? Fair-weather in today's ticket prices with a chance of rich sun tomorrow.
Dad's flying to Cleveland in the AM. I'm going to stay here and be dad. 3 runs in one WS game. It's a goddamn miracle. Just got home. My oldest couldn't care less. The youngest Drew Man Chew's life is depending on the next 3 days. I should tell him he's only 9.

$tevil
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

how the fuck did u get the tickets?

and how much were they?

and tell us who all the familiar faces were!
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

Cubs for the win.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Hey John I went into SportsWorld last night to get my nephew a shirt. Dude, it was SAD. The prices just made me feel dirty.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Anne_Thrax wrote:Hey John I went into SportsWorld last night to get my nephew a shirt. Dude, it was SAD. The prices just made me feel dirty.
I have probably overspent on swag, but Christmas is coming, so 2 birds? Regarding the parade. I went to call the boys in sick to school on the day of and the attendance secretary just laughed saying school was closed as over half the teachers had already called off. I thought the Blackhawk parades were crazy. I've never seen so many people jammed into a 4 mile stretch. We had a great spot at Michigan and Ohio. The roar of the crowd before we could even see the buses is something I hope the boys never forget.

It was a special season.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cubs still suck, just not as much as before the 2016 season started
:lol:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Yankees suck more. A lot more since the 2009 season ended.
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

how the fuck did u get the tickets?

and how much were they?

and tell us who all the familiar faces were!
Are you new to Spark's Cubs suck or even the baseball thread? I've been a season ticket holder since '04.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

My two sons were very excited to have Dave Ross autograph their convention programs yesterday.

$tevil