Lebron: We top-heavy as shit

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Lebron: We top-heavy as shit

Post by Heenan Snuka »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Lebron. He is king of the team. Got Blatt fired and now this. Very Sludgy comments by Lebron :lol:

NEW ORLEANS -- LeBron James is growing impatient with the direction the defending champion Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be heading and is calling for the franchise to do something about it.

EDITOR'S PICKS

LeBron continues his full-court press on Cavs' front office
LeBron James knows when something isn't right with his team. The first-place Cavs are mired in a midseason slump, so he's calling on salary-strapped Cleveland to make a move no matter the cost.

Poll: Do the Cavs need to improve their roster to repeat as NBA champions?
LeBron James has made it clear that he believes the Cavaliers need to make another trade to improve their roster. What do you think?
After Cleveland's fifth loss in its past seven games -- 124-122 to a New Orleans Pelicans team that was without Anthony Davis on Monday night -- James unloaded on what he believes is a roster ill-equipped, in its current state, to lift the Larry O'Brien Trophy in June.

"I just hope that we're not satisfied as an organization," James told a small group of reporters who regularly travel to cover Cleveland's road games. "I just hope we're not satisfied."

The Cavs broke their city's 52-year championship drought last season, eliminating a Golden State Warriors team that went an NBA-record 73-9 in the regular season. This season, Golden State added former MVP Kevin Durant and veteran big men David West, Zaza Pachulia and JaVale McGee -- and leads the league with a 38-7 record. James says the Cavs, on the other hand, have regressed.

"We're not better than last year," he said, "from a personnel standpoint."

Cleveland opted against re-signing Matthew Dellavedova and Timofey Mozgov during free agency and waived Dahntay Jones. In their place, the Cavs added rookie point guard Kay Felder, acquired Mike Dunleavy (who has since been shipped out in the Kyle Korver deal) and signed Chris "Birdman" Andersen, who went down with a season-ending knee injury.

Meanwhile, James listed other free agents -- Raymond Felton, who signed with the Los Angeles Clippers, and Michael Beasley, who was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks -- as players who could have helped the Cavs make it through the regular season.

"It's great to have bodies," James said. "Obviously, in the playoffs, you go down to what, eight max? And if somebody gets in foul trouble, you go to nine. You're not playing back-to-backs. You have two days in between. You're able to lock in."

"It's like when you don't have bodies. It's tough," LeBron James said after Monday night's loss. "We're a top-heavy team. ... It's me, [Kyrie Irving], [Kevin Love]. It's top-heavy." AP Photo/Jonathan Bachman
He contrasted that with the Cavs' schedule this week, which includes five games from Monday to Monday: at New Orleans, home against Sacramento on Wednesday, home against Brooklyn on Friday, home against Oklahoma City on Sunday and in Dallas on Monday.

"It's like when you don't have bodies. It's tough," James said. "The f---ing grind of the regular season. We're a top-heavy team. We have a top-heavy team. We top-heavy as s---. It's me, [Kyrie Irving], [Kevin Love]. It's top-heavy."

As he has done for several weeks, James continued to call for a backup point guard or playmaker to be added to the mix to help lessen the load for him and Irving, in particular. James played 44 minutes against New Orleans, racking up 26 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds for his fourth triple-double of the season. Irving played 42 minutes and scored a season-high 49 points.

James made it clear that his frustration is not aimed at any one teammate or person in the front office.

"I'm not singling out anybody," James said. "I'm not. Yeah, we won [the championship], but f---, you know what, let's see if we can do something."

He said he has already voiced his thoughts about the roster to general manager David Griffin face-to-face. Realizing how it could look to call for a point guard with Felder and DeAndre Liggins on the roster, James said it would not be fair to expect either of those young players to fill such a significant role on a title-contending team.

"We need a f---ing playmaker," James said. "I'm not saying you can just go find one, like you can go outside and see trees. I didn't say that."

Using Twitter, James clarified his comments on Tuesday.

Follow
LeBron James ✔ @KingJames
I not mad or upset at management cause Griff and staff have done a great job, I just feel we still need to improve in order to repeat...
12:51 PM - 24 Jan 2017
9,253 9,253 Retweets 20,282 20,282 likes
Follow
LeBron James ✔ @KingJames
if that's what we wanna do.
12:51 PM - 24 Jan 2017
6,236 6,236 Retweets 12,961 12,961 likes
There were several motivating factors in James' sounding off. Mo Williams didn't report to training camp, leaving the Cavs without a veteran backup at point guard. J.R. Smith's thumb injury, which could sideline him for several more months, left Cleveland without one of its most reliable two-way players.

However, the timing of playing both Golden State and the San Antonio Spurs within a week's time seems to have opened James' eyes even more to the disparity in talent between the Cavs and some of their fiercest championship competition.

"They've got bodies," James said of San Antonio when asked about the Spurs' beating the Cavs without Pau Gasol or Tony Parker. "They've got bodies. For the most part, all championship-contending teams has got guys that are ready to step in. Knock on wood, what if Ky goes down? For two weeks. Let's say two. What if I went down for three weeks?"

A reporter responded to James that many wonder how Cleveland would do if James tapered his minutes at the end of the month, as Cavs coach Ty Lue said was the plan.

"Yeah, y'all are worried about five minutes. What if I went down for two weeks?" James said. "Trying to build something, you know?"

Lue was defiant in his postgame remarks, brushing off any concern about the rut the Cavs appear to be in.

"I know what I'm doing, and we're going to be fine," Lue said. "I know what I'm doing. I'm not going to change or not have confidence in what I can do."

James defended Lue for feeling the need to play him and Irving for heavy minutes.

"What else are we going to do?" James said. "You saw the game. Kyrie had to do that. And I tried to mix in my plays. We didn't have no choice. ... We got what we got."

James, in his 14th season, said the urgency in beefing up the Cavs' bench comes from the stage of his career.

"I don't know what we got to offer," James said. "I just know me, personally, I don't got no time to waste. I'll be 33 [next] winter, and I ain't got time to waste. That's what I'm talking about."

An earlier statement by James seemed to sum it all up.

"We got to figure it out," he said. "It's been a s---ty 2017 so far."
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Lebron: We top-heavy as shit

Post by Heenan Snuka »

GM Griffin's response: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A team source told ESPN that Griffin expressed his disappointment in James for the manner in which he shared his thoughts on the roster.

"It wouldn't have been my preferred method," Griffin told reporters. "It certainly wasn't appropriate from a teammate perspective. But, it is what it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Queen should go to OKC with WorthlessBrook
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

LAglamrocker wrote:The Queen should go to OKC with WorthlessBrook
A). Lebron is right. Since he came to the league straight out of high school his coaches have repeatedly driven him into what's sure to be a lifetime of aches and crippling pain.
Secondly) You're nickname for Westbrook isn't catching on.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

He needs to get over his issue with the team making a move. They could potentially get Rondo, but we all know how that works. The loss of Mo Williams really put them behind the 8-ball as far as quick buckets off the bench. Kaye Felder and Liggins are total liabilities and having a rough ride. Lebron always has a built in excuse.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
VoiceofReason
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VoiceofReason »

He did this last January as well. Being in Cleveland we get to see his drama all the time. He just loves the spotlight!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

He has a point. Nobody has played as much basketball the past 5 or so years as LeBron, and any help he can get would be great for him.
The guy carries such a heavy load, but he wouldn't have it any other way. Kevin Love & Kyrie are, by nature, soft players, and it takes them
so much to come anywhere near LeBron's level. I was watching the Spurs/Cavs game the other night, and Love missed 3 wide open 3s
in a row during crunch time. Hard to believe he has been in the league as long as he has, and not one major injury.

Looks like the Knicks are trying to unload Carmelo to any team that Carmelo has green lit. Boston would be the best place for him, but
they don't want him.

From my observation it looks like the Warriors are not having as much fun as previous years. With Durant, I can't imagine
Klay & Steph being as happy as the last couple of years. It always seems every game one of them is left out in the cold.