ESPN 30 for 30: This Was the XFL

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

ESPN 30 for 30: This Was the XFL

Post by ParaDime77 »

Anyone watch this last night? Pretty damn good. Made me wish this brand of football was still around. Coddamn Vince was/is still a piece of work. Man did he want to strangle Costas.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: ESPN 30 for 30: This Was the XFL

Post by Machado »

ParaDime77 wrote:Anyone watch this last night? Pretty damn good. Made me wish this brand of football was still around. Coddamn Vince was/is still a piece of work. Man did he want to strangle Costas.

i saw it. had a different reaction. made me happy that the league only lasted 1 year. like Ebersol said over and over, the level of
play did not meet the hype. so other than week 1, the fans did not care anymore and the league was pulling a 1.7 rating
for that $1M game :lol: :lol:

most entertaining portion of the doc were the very, very honest comments from Costas and the footage of him interviewing
a very upset and embarrassed Vince. Costas was right, NBC was his network and he wanted nothing to do with the league.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Anyone who expected a start up league in it's first year to have some type of ProBowl NFL quality of play was high as fuck.

Their isn't enough QB's to fill the NFL let alone USFL, NFLEuro, CFL, UFL or whatever. I loved it and have to see this 30-30. Then again I can watch indoor to the CFL and enjoy it without expecting to see the same pretty polished NFL game.

One of the best games I've seen was an XFL like a 6 to 3 game in a total down pour, sloppy as fuck hard hitting ugly ass D match you'd have to appreciate. They was carrying players off the field like it was Normandy Beach. Either way you'll never get anything off the ground with one season, Vince gave up. There's never going to be a league that will compete with the NFL and there's been more starts ups that anyone can count not to mention the NAFL that's been trying to launch for last several years and was supposed to finally start last year 2016 but they vanished without an update, word or even a trace..They died before they began I guess........They'll never get the support. No one will.

How about the UFL and those butt ugly neon uniforms a few years back? Holy shit they was an eye sore and their season ran along with the NFL? Derp. The XFL was probably the best start up that was all out bat shit crazy regardless if the product wasn't up to par, one season, good luck. I still have a NYNJ HitMen hat and shirt that will be worth hundreds.....Of Pennies.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Finally watched it.... :lol:

The NFL, No Fun League! There's no pantywaists and panzys in this league! There's no game either.

Funny to see Jerry Jones raised an eyebrow and his opinions. Vince was insane and ballsy...Some good ideas without being thought out or prepared. Announced a league to start playing in one year without having teams, players, coaches or even a stadium lined up and amazingly did it. No fair catches and hot chicks. Encouraged players, coaches and cheerleaders to interact, date and fuck....Shit cracked me up. Flew their XFL Blimp over the Dolphins vs Raiders game and it crashed into a seafood restaurant in FL..I recall all that shit. Probably still have the application.

It brought back a lot of memories. Like the power outage pissing off JLo and SNL, the strippers in a hot tube in the endzone.

The dude who put TeaBagger on his jersey....If Vince put as much into the game and origination as he did into promotion...It still would have failed but would have been better or at least got to season 2.

In the end the Vince vs Bob Costas interview summed it up.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

he tried to make football into the wwf brand. the football fans didn't want that. it was almost scripted.
the innovations were cool. the no fair catch was stolen from the cfl and it's a great rule.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I saw a few games for the XFL.. Wasn't NFL standard, but, did remind me of when men actually played the game and refs let ticky tack shit go. Didn't care for the WWF feel of it, or the stupid ass dances after TD's. Don't like that shit either in the NFL.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

Bludegeon wrote:I saw a few games for the XFL.. Wasn't NFL standard, but, did remind me of when men actually played the game and refs let ticky tack shit go. Didn't care for the WWF feel of it, or the stupid ass dances after TD's. Don't like that shit either in the NFL.
This. If he'd left the WWF Attitude Era bullshit out, he may still have a league.

It was great and trippy to see He Hate Me playing in a Super Bowl in '04. A game that still breaks my Damn heart, and I hate the Panthers.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

I could appreciate the XFL for what it was.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
JinglesTheChristmasMouse
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by JinglesTheChristmasMouse »

Only team I remember is the San Francisco Spiders.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

JinglesTheChristmasMouse wrote:Only team I remember is the San Francisco Spiders.
only season i remember is the first :lol: :lol:
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

JinglesTheChristmasMouse wrote:Only team I remember is the San Francisco Spiders.

L.A. Extreme..

Vegas Outlaws...

Hell yah, good shit.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

I remember Rod Smart and his "HE HATE ME" jersey. Anyone here remember that?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:I remember Rod Smart and his "HE HATE ME" jersey. Anyone here remember that?
Fuck yeah I do. He turned out to be something of a stud for Carolina Panthers and played in that amazing Super Bowl in '04, just 2.5 years after XFL folded.

They should have won that fucking game. Don't get it twisted, I hate the Panthers, but that '03/4 team was special to watch. Delhomme before the injury, the WR set of Smart/Dyson/Steve Smith, DeShawn Foster at RB...they were locked and loaded. But as usual, evil forces (Belecheat) prevailed.

That was also the infamous Wardrobe Malfunction game. Me and my best friends were watching the halftime and I was complaining about Janet not showing enough skin, all covered up in that hideous vinyl outfit. We were getting ready to go to another place to watch the second half and I went to grab my shoes to put on. I'd only looked down for a second. All of a sudden my friends all yelled "Holy shit, she just showed her tit!" Just my fucking luck :lol:
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

You didn't miss anything when Janet's burnt old looking raisin nipple was exposed.. Uhghghgh... Still get shivers... Nasty.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

There's another 30 for 30 about a failed football league that actually had a promising future at one point until some stupid fucking multi millionaire ruined it all by trying to go head to head with the NFL.

He fucked it all up and then went on to be a game show host and then dabbled a little bit in destroying a country.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Artemis2085 wrote:the WR set of Smart/Dyson/Steve Smith
The Panthers' WR set was Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, and Ricky Proehl. Kevin Dyson played one game, and Smart just returned kickoffs.
LynchvsDokken
Taking Music Lessons

Post by LynchvsDokken »

Apparently, you don't remember them as well as you thought, since the team was actually called the Demons.
JinglesTheChristmasMouse
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by JinglesTheChristmasMouse »

Oops. The Spiders are a hockey team.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:the WR set of Smart/Dyson/Steve Smith
The Panthers' WR set was Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, and Ricky Proehl. Kevin Dyson played one game, and Smart just returned kickoffs.
Yep. He was a special teams guy only.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Just read up on Rod Smart. He's a guidance counselor in Charlotte now.

Jake Delhomme named one of his horses "She Hate Me."
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
VicStelly
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VicStelly »

eddie lee roth wrote:There's another 30 for 30 about a failed football league that actually had a promising future at one point until some stupid fucking multi millionaire ruined it all by trying to go head to head with the NFL.

He fucked it all up and then went on to be a game show host and then dabbled a little bit in destroying a country.
Even if I agreed with that fuck on almost anything I wouldn't support him JUST for this. Fuck that guy.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Vincent has had some work done.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

eddie lee roth wrote:There's another 30 for 30 about a failed football league that actually had a promising future at one point until some stupid fucking multi millionaire ruined it all by trying to go head to head with the NFL.

BUT IT WAS OBAMA'S FAULT!
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

I don't think I knew anyone at the time who thought that the XFL was going to be a success. We had all lived through the USFL and knew how it would end.
Fun Fact: I was at the first Tampa Bay Bandits game!
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

You can read all about it in the Art of the Deal, a book that contains many deals, all of which went south. "What a country!!!"