Sludge Fantasy Baseball 2017

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Sludge Fantasy Baseball 2017

Post by Blumpkin King »

So it's almost that time of year. Baseball Time. Pitchers and Catchers report in a couple of weeks and Baseball will be back in full swing soon.

I have sent invites to last years managers so sign back up. Unfortunately we just found out our current champion passed away. RIP Simon. With Crimson no longer with us we will have at least one spot open. If there are any sludgers that are into fantasy baseball and want to join PM me.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Sludge Fantasy Baseball 2017

Post by WOLF »

Any thoughts on when we will set draft status to ready. Need to give everyone fair warning for pre-draft rankings. Also allow time for waiver wire transactions, etc.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Blumpkin King wrote: Unfortunately we just found out our current champion passed away. RIP Simon. With Crimson no longer with us we will have at least one spot open.

what was his nym?
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
Blumpkin King wrote: Unfortunately we just found out our current champion passed away. RIP Simon. With Crimson no longer with us we will have at least one spot open.

what was his nym?
Sadly I don't know what his Sludge Name was. Simon was his real name. Dude was good at Fantasy Baseball.
McGuirk
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by McGuirk »

I can't find the email anymore, but I'm dropping out this year. I also closed my Yahoo account due to all the hacks - manager name is Deadpool.

Have fun, everyone.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Heenan Snuka wrote:

what was his nym?
He wasn't a sludger, he was my old flatmate. He got in the league one year when we were a team short.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

demolition23 wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:

what was his nym?
He wasn't a sludger, he was my old flatmate. He got in the league one year when we were a team short.
Sorry I misunderstood. Still hate to lose someone.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

Crud will be in for 2017. Send me the link when we are set up!
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Funnelhead wrote:Crud will be in for 2017. Send me the link when we are set up!
You should already be set and should have just received an email form me about the draft. If you did not let me know.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

I'm setting the draft to run on late Wednesday night / Thursday AM. You should have received an email from me today. If you did not let me know. If you do not want to play this year please let me know ASAP. There is someone that wants in.

We have a sludger that wants to join. If there is another sludger or friend that is interested I would be cool going up to 14 teams. Let me know before wednesday night if you or know someone that wants in.
Funnelhead

Post by Funnelhead »

Hey Blump, I just checked for that email and can't find it. Would it be possible to PM me that info? Thanks, Mang!
Funnelhead

Post by Funnelhead »

Hey Scratch that, modern technology...I am already on board.

Thanks!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

McGuirk/Deadpool said he is out, but he still seems to be on the list of teams on the site.

See his post above.

If we draft with him still in, we'll have an inactive team.

Maybe switch him out for the person who wants to join - unless he had a change of heart.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote:McGuirk/Deadpool said he is out, but he still seems to be on the list of teams on the site.

See his post above.

If we draft with him still in, we'll have an inactive team.

Maybe switch him out for the person who wants to join - unless he had a change of heart.
I'm waiting to get the email address from the guy that wants to join. Once he does, I'll remove the player that is out and send out the invite to the new player.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

okay here is the deal. I have been super busy and let this slide a bit. Lame, but I'll get it going.

I went through and removed deadpool and king alexander as they are not coming back. I hate the way that yahoo automatically renews everyone now instead of invites. We have one guy (tommy 2 tone) who wants in. I sent him an email tonight and hopefully he will email me his email address or pm me it. That will still leave us at 11 if he gets back to me. If we end up at 11 we need one more. I can hit the lounge or gossip board in search of a player, or if we are at an odd number we can look for someone we know and have'em join. If Tommy does not get back to me by Thursday afternoon I'll run the draft with 10. 10 is not ideal, I prefer 12 or 14.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or think we should change any scoring settings. Again, sorry this has not been as smooth as years past.
Shine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Shine »

Good Job Blumpkin, your effort is appreciated.

Let it Roll.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Let the games begin!

I'm like an anxious dad-to-be waiting for the birth of my Canuckle Balls.

Thanks for commishing BK. The work is done. You can relax now.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Playoff time bitches!

The final 4 has been established. The pain will be over for you all in two weeks.

All kidding aside, losing Billy Hamilton was a huge blow to me, as winning SBs was always a lock for me, and that's no longer the case. Also, why does this random group of players, known as the Canuckle Balls, always boom or bust at the same time?! It's maddening!

Let the post season begin!

Good luck PKOS/White House, !, and King...
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

! will be fighting hard for a return to the Championship game, and to bring the title in New Zealand for the third time!

My team has run pretty hot and cold this year, but some less heralded dudes delivered enough to keep me top 4 most of the year. Pat and Canuckle ran away with the regular season though - gotta be the favourites from here...
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

demolition23 wrote:! will be fighting hard for a return to the Championship game, and to bring the title in New Zealand for the third time!

My team has run pretty hot and cold this year, but some less heralded dudes delivered enough to keep me top 4 most of the year. Pat and Canuckle ran away with the regular season though - gotta be the favourites from here...
My team is injured and cold at the wrong time. I'm toast.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

WOLF wrote:
demolition23 wrote:! will be fighting hard for a return to the Championship game, and to bring the title in New Zealand for the third time!

Looking at our actual stats through the season, we should be pretty even, but I'm having one of the best weeks pitching I've had which is helping...
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote:

x2. My team has shit the bed this week. Just awful. Everything is going wrong. There is nothing I can do to but hope for some miracle.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Congrats to PKOS for kicking the crap out of the league this year and winning the championship. I was hoping to make a run into the playoffs, but alas my team failed again (which really means that I failed).

Good year guys. One thought for next year is to add one more Batting Category to even out Batting and Pitching points (6 possible for each)

See you guys in spring training.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Blumpkin King wrote:Congrats to PKOS for kicking the crap out of the league this year and winning the championship. I was hoping to make a run into the playoffs, but alas my team failed again (which really means that I failed).

Good year guys. One thought for next year is to add one more Batting Category to even out Batting and Pitching points (6 possible for each)

See you guys in spring training.
Great season! Thanks for acting as Commish, King!

Congrats to PKOS for going wire to wire.

This is a tough league, so I'll settle for making the playoffs and winning "bronze".

One thing for sure - Sludge Fantasy Baseball League is good people!
Shine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Shine »

Congrats to Pat'sKingOfSteaks for bringing it home.

Thanks Blumpkin King for another fine year of Sludge Baseball. Excellent Job.

The Junk Bombs fell short this year - Syndergaard, Tanaka, Darvish, all of whom I had super high hopes for all crapped out. My offense was patchwork all year and earned 5th place, The Bomb's worst
showing yet in The Sludge league.

Blumpkin, have you given thought to perhaps having a "live" draft next spring in lieu of the rankings ? People could still use the rankings and not participate but I'm sure some would participate in
a "live" draft.

Just a thought.

Thanks again and looking forward to The Bombs falling into First Place next year.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

I'm all for a live draft. Let's all discuss early in spring training so everyone (or most) can figure out a time to live draft.

Have a great off season everyone.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Starting a sludge baseball 2018 thread.