30 for 30, Celtics vs Lakers, 3 part series

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

30 for 30, Celtics vs Lakers, 3 part series

Post by Machado »

WELL DONE!
These 30 for 30 films are getting better and better. Of course this subject, Lakers vs Celtics and the bitter
rivalry these two franchises have participated in needed at least 3 episodes.
Very cool to watch the footage from the 80's. Magic got over on Bird. Magic took him to school in college
and beat him two out of three in the NBA.

By the way, when those two teams battled in the 80's, those were some hard fouls being committed. So hard
that in today's game the player would complain on twitter about how he was pushed or knocked to the ground
During the 80's, well there wasn't even a technical foul issues or a review at the replay booth.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: 30 for 30, Celtics vs Lakers, 3 part series

Post by ParaDime77 »

I thought it was great!!!!

ML Carr was the original Draymond Green.

The old footage from the 60's and 70's was really cool in seeing how the game has gradually changed through the years.

Larry Bird still does not get enough credit when it comes to all time greats. That dude was a stone cold killer on the court.

I would LOVE to hear the behind the scenes stories of Magic Johnson and Jerry Buss.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ParaDime77 wrote:I thought it was great!!!!

ML Carr was the original Draymond Green.

The old footage from the 60's and 70's was really cool in seeing how the game has gradually changed through the years.

Larry Bird still does not get enough credit when it comes to all time greats. That dude was a stone cold killer on the court.

I would LOVE to hear the behind the scenes stories of Magic Johnson and Jerry Buss.
I had a feeling the film would be pretty good but it exceeded all of my expectations. Those ML Carr interviews were very good and entertaining.
If fans of today only knew ML existed and the stunts he pulled back in the day. These fans would be shocked.
How about the hard fouls those two teams exchanged? Even Ainge got into the act. Even Kite from the C's took down a Laker on a fast break. To think
none of them were thrown out of the game for acting in such a way. The game has changed.

Bird was a stone cold killer and if Queen James thinks he is good, he should watch footage of Bird playing and maybe respect Bird a bit more.
Bird would tell his defender what he was going to do and actually do it. Amazing how much trash he talked and backed up.

There are so many great stories to share. Even the tales about how the Lakers resented Magic for the special treatment he was getting
from Buss. Or how Riley allowed Kareem's dad to ride the bus when there were strict rules that only players were on the bus and no friends/family.

Shit like that makes the movie great. Not sharing the scores because most of us know who won/lost.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

This was truly terrific. I don't have much to add, but I dug the shit out of it.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Is the next one really about those two NY radio douchebags?

I guess they've finally run out of topics.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I'm the biggest nba-fan in the world but how the fuck do you sit through six hours of the same fucking rivalry?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

FullDJacket wrote:I'm the biggest nba-fan in the world but how the fuck do you sit through six hours of the same fucking rivalry?
I though it was worthy.
Alias
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alias »

Larry Legend is my favorite pro athlete of all time. No bullshit, all hustle, self-made player. Fuckin' shame he was cut short by injuries in 1989 or so, but even then watching his last years planted to the floor and still killin' it is a testament to his unreal skill. He's the closest thing to a myth I've ever seen. His comments on the Mchale/Rambis tackle were hilarious. "It wasn't that bad, I think it's what started all the flopping." Savage!! :twisted:

That being said...the 30 for 30 was great. I still watch the current NBA 3-point contest era, but damn do I miss the 80's and 90s. Best era by far.
What the hell was that all about?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alias wrote:Larry Legend is my favorite pro athlete of all time. No bullshit, all hustle, self-made player. Fuckin' shame he was cut short by injuries in 1989 or so, but even then watching his last years planted to the floor and still killin' it is a testament to his unreal skill. He's the closest thing to a myth I've ever seen. His comments on the Mchale/Rambis tackle were hilarious. "It wasn't that bad, I think it's what started all the flopping." Savage!! :twisted:

That being said...the 30 for 30 was great. I still watch the current NBA 3-point contest era, but damn do I miss the 80's and 90s. Best era by far.
Bird was an assassin with the ball or he could beat you with the pass or he could dominate the boards and start a Celtics fast break. Triple threat.
The fact that he talked a lot of trash and got away with it also proves how great he was. But that one time when he told Dr J is was time
for him to retire, well Bird got choked and was outnumbered out there on the court.