Steve Bartman is getting a 2016 World Series ring from the Cubs

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Steve Bartman is getting a 2016 World Series ring from the Cubs

Post by Machado »

good for Steve and good for the Cubs. if Buckner can be forgiven in Boston,
Bartman can be in Chicago.

next step is for him to show his mug in public, at a Cubs game, sitting in the front row
and enjoying a baseball game with the family and his peers.

oh, maybe give the kid a cold Budweiser in honor of Harry
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

So when does Jeffrey Maier get his?
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

That's a pretty cool story.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:So when does Jeffrey Maier get his?
the umpire, Garcia, he took the kids WS ring.
:lol:
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Give that fucking loser Moises Alou a ring too while they're at it. That dudes implosion led to the loss to begin with.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ParaDime77 wrote:Give that fucking loser Moises Alou a ring too while they're at it. That dudes implosion led to the loss to begin with.
you know nothing about the game. that guy was showing passion. he was giving 100% on the field and guess what,
he wanted to win. wow, the nerve of him wanting to do well and win the game.
MORON
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Machado wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:Give that fucking loser Moises Alou a ring too while they're at it. That dudes implosion led to the loss to begin with.
you know nothing about the game. that guy was showing passion. he was giving 100% on the field and guess what,
MORON
He fucked it up and you know it.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Machado wrote:
MORON
He fucked it up and you know it.
what in the wide world of sports are you talking about? the last person that should be blamed is Alou.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Bartman fucked it up big time and if you don't know that then you probably were not very good at baseball growing up, very much like that pussy of a director that filmed "Catching Hell". What a complete waste of two hours. Maybe that film was interesting to you but as a person that played baseball for 12 years and managed for four more years, it was seriously lacking a baseball IQ in the control room. Most 30 for 30 films are great, I can watch most of those several times. I can't even stomach another minute of that Bartman crap. As an Independent that leans left, watching that I thought "This must be what it feels like when a Republican listens to a Democrat speak." Soooo much whining.

And blaming it on Alou is pure idiocy. The Cubs lost because a player got pissed at a dumbshit? Where do you people get this shit?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Alou would probably Pee on the ring
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

I have time now so I'll break it down for those of you that don't think that Bartman lost that game.

Here's the real life scenario
Pierre at 2nd base
One out
3 balls
2 strikes
After the Bartman play, Prior walks Castillo on the next pitch. But in the scenario that I'll lay out for you will be what would have happened if Alou were allowed to make the catch. That's the only play that I'm going to change. Every thing else that I post actually happened after the Bartman play.

Instead of 1st and 2nd with one out . . .

Two outs
Pierre still at 2nd base
Rodriguez singles
Pierre scores 3-1 Cubs

Two outs
Rodriguez at 1st base
error by SS
The SS would have been playing deeper with two outs instead of playing in a little bit trying to turn a double play and he probably wouldn't have been caught by the short hop and the inning would have been over at 3-1 but we'll still say he makes the error anyway to stay on track.

Two outs
Cabrera at 1st base
Rodriguez at 2nd base
Lee doubles
Cabrera to 3rd base
Rodriguez scores 3-2 Cubs

Two outs
Mike Lowell intentionally walked to load the bases

Two outs
Bases loaded
Conine flies out to right field to end the inning
3-2 Cubs

In the real scenario, the Conine flyout was a Sacrifice Fly that took it from one out to two outs. Instead of it ending the inning, it was a run scoring play that kept the rally alive. That play made it 4-3 in real life but in my "what if" listed above, Castillo never got on base so he doesn't score and Cabrera never scores on Conine's flyout. They scored 8 runs that inning and if Bartman wasn't so fucking stupid or selfish, they would have only scored two runs at the most and most likely only one.

How can you sit there counting down the outs with the fans "We've got ten outs to go" - "We're seven outs away from the series" - "We're now down to FIVE outs" -"Foul ball? Me, me, me, me! Oh, darn! I missed it" How the fuck can you sit there as a CUBS fan of all teams, praying for every out to come quickly so your team can FINALLY overcome the curse and get to the World Series, how can you sit there for over 7 innings as a Cubs fan and now it suddenly becomes about you. Stupidity or selfishness.

Maybe I'm being too harsh because I played and managed and look at the game more cerebral than your average fan, but hearing how that play didn't impact or change anything for the last 13 plus years is pretty fucking annoying.
Only users lose drugs.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Rageman wrote:I have time now so I'll break it down for those of you that don't think that Bartman lost that game.

Here's the real life scenario
Pierre at 2nd base
One out
3 balls
2 strikes
After the Bartman play, Prior walks Castillo on the next pitch. But in the scenario that I'll lay out for you will be what would have happened if Alou were allowed to make the catch. That's the only play that I'm going to change. Every thing else that I post actually happened after the Bartman play.

Instead of 1st and 2nd with one out . . .

Two outs
Pierre still at 2nd base
Rodriguez singles
Pierre scores 3-1 Cubs

Two outs
Rodriguez at 1st base
error by SS
The SS would have been playing deeper with two outs instead of playing in a little bit trying to turn a double play and he probably wouldn't have been caught by the short hop and the inning would have been over at 3-1 but we'll still say he makes the error anyway to stay on track.

Two outs
Cabrera at 1st base
Rodriguez at 2nd base
Lee doubles
Cabrera to 3rd base
Rodriguez scores 3-2 Cubs

Two outs
Mike Lowell intentionally walked to load the bases

Two outs
Bases loaded
Conine flies out to right field to end the inning
3-2 Cubs

In the real scenario, the Conine flyout was a Sacrifice Fly that took it from one out to two outs. Instead of it ending the inning, it was a run scoring play that kept the rally alive. That play made it 4-3 in real life but in my "what if" listed above, Castillo never got on base so he doesn't score and Cabrera never scores on Conine's flyout. They scored 8 runs that inning and if Bartman wasn't so fucking stupid or selfish, they would have only scored two runs at the most and most likely only one.

How can you sit there counting down the outs with the fans "We've got ten outs to go" - "We're seven outs away from the series" - "We're now down to FIVE outs" -"Foul ball? Me, me, me, me! Oh, darn! I missed it" How the fuck can you sit there as a CUBS fan of all teams, praying for every out to come quickly so your team can FINALLY overcome the curse and get to the World Series, how can you sit there for over 7 innings as a Cubs fan and now it suddenly becomes about you. Stupidity or selfishness.

Maybe I'm being too harsh because I played and managed and look at the game more cerebral than your average fan, but hearing how that play didn't impact or change anything for the last 13 plus years is pretty fucking annoying.
I totally agree that Bartman cost them the series..I'm a die hard fan here in Chicago and while watching that game you can feel everything shift at that moment but I will also say Dusty Baker not coming out and talking to Pryor to calm things down was a major mistake ..Not only calming Pryor down but also giving everybody a few minutes to calm down and catch their breath..Most of us Cub fans really dislike Dusty
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

LOL

I'm a Reds fan.

I know all about Dusty Baker's inability to manage a pitching staff. That's why he was fired after taking them to the playoffs.
Only users lose drugs.