30 For 30 - Ric Flair

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

30 For 30 - Ric Flair

Post by Artemis2085 »

15 minutes in and this is already one of the best episodes ever. Wow.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: 30 For 30 - Ric Flair

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, of course, it is! It's the Naitch, for crying out loud!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:Well, of course, it is! It's the Naitch, for crying out loud!
Fuck yes.

Seeing Steamboat, Animal, Tully, Arn, Sting(!!) on ESPN in a very serious presentation was so so cool. I marked out.

Towards the end I got really choked up when it got to Reid and Ashley.

This episode is right up there with The U, Catholics vs Convicts, Trojan War, etc. Even if you're not a wrestling fan, you'll connect with this one. 2 years in the making and worth every minute. Wow.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

That was one of the best 30 for 30s.

Where I grew up we couldn't watch NWA or AWA. So back then I only knew about him from magazines. By the time he got to the WWF, I had stopped watching wrestling.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Very good presentation. Those clips of Ric in TNA were pretty damn sad.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

You can see a lot of guilt in that mans eye's. "It's a sad man, my friend, that's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company."
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

A while back, I do remember seeing that this episode was planned out, and I hate I missed it. Hoping Sling will put it as an on-demand episode this week or sometime soon.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

bigbuttskinner wrote:You can see a lot of guilt in that mans eye's. "It's a sad man, my friend, that's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company."
You see this often with successful men. They spend so much time chasing their dream, they forget what's really important. Like their kids.
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

Anyone got a link? Can't get ESPN online where I am.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Artemis2085 wrote:
Fuck yes.

Seeing Steamboat, Animal, Tully, Arn, Sting(!!) on ESPN in a very serious presentation was so so cool. I marked out.

This episode is right up there with The U, Catholics vs Convicts, Trojan War, etc. Even if you're not a wrestling fan, you'll connect with this one. 2 years in the making and worth every minute. Wow.

That's twice you've said "Wow". We all know you really mean...

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

fret123 wrote:Anyone got a link? Can't get ESPN online where I am.

Here's part 1. Link to part 2 is below the video of part 1.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68bmx5
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

burt1098 wrote:
fret123 wrote:Anyone got a link? Can't get ESPN online where I am.

Here's part 1. Link to part 2 is below the video of part 1.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68bmx5
Thanks
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

burt1098 wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:
Fuck yes.

That's twice you've said "Wow". We all know you really mean...

:lol: :lol:

Yes! Another funny thing is when they were playing the promos, I was saying the lines along with Ric. Yet I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday haha.
Professional Hater
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Finally got around to watching this. It was more emotional than I expected. Excellent show!

I like that HHH uses Flair as a cautionary tale for young people coming up in the business.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I bought this t-shirt from the official Ric Flair shop website. I’ve worn it out in public twice now and both times I received compliments on it and asking where I got it.

Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:I bought this t-shirt from the official Ric Flair shop website. I’ve worn it out in public twice now and both times I received compliments on it and asking where I got it.

Rad.
Professional Hater
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

It was a great 30 for 30, but I thought the "Tommy" episode about Tommy Morrison was better.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

I watched this the other night after seeing it mentioned here on Sludge. I have to say, it was a well done 30 for 30...and Flair was almost as fucked in the head as other wrestling stars back in the day that we find out only after they leave the spotlight; Macho Man, Scott Hall, Jake Roberts and Hulk Hogan.

The worst part of this for me, was seeing the heartbreak in his kids eyes talking about him not being there while they were growing up, and then the heartbreak in his when he is talking about his son who passed...that shit is gut-wrenching.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Next film should be Sting WWE Era

Starts with Sting signing wwe contract ends with HHH hits him with sledgehammer at Mania.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

LAglamrocker wrote:Next film should be Sting WWE Era

Starts with Sting signing wwe contract ends with HHH hits him with sledgehammer at Mania.
Don't get me started on Sting's run in the WWE!! :shock: :shock: I still can't believe he signed off on that shit!! I'm guessing he agreed to whatever HHH wanted as now I assume he gets a fair amount of dough from video sales and other merchandise related stuff?

Sting probably looked the best physically in this 30 for 30 along with Steamboat.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Earl Skakel wrote:

Don't get me started on Sting's run in the WWE!! :shock: :shock: I still can't believe he signed off on that shit!! I'm guessing he agreed to whatever HHH wanted as now I assume he gets a fair amount of dough from video sales and other merchandise related stuff?

Sting probably looked the best physically in this 30 for 30 along with Steamboat.

Earl
Yeah the Stinger of the NWA/WCW years were when he looked best. Also somebody close to him should tell him to get a haircut.

I almost felt bad for him at WM once he got going his hair looked like some of these hair bands that we talk about on here.

And going down like he did with Rollins was just straight up fucked up and sad.

The last thing in the world of wrestling that I would hate to see is a WM Undertaker/Sting match.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:

Earl
Yeah the Stinger of the NWA/WCW years were when he looked best. Also somebody close to him should tell him to get a haircut.

I almost felt bad for him at WM once he got going his hair looked like some of these hair bands that we talk about on here.

And going down like he did with Rollins was just straight up fucked up and sad.

The last thing in the world of wrestling that I would hate to see is a WM Undertaker/Sting match.
I know this is a Flair thread so I don't want to hijack it but Sting should have won his first WWE match instead of jobbing to HHH I mean Flair made Sting by jobbing to him and carrying him and HHH could have done the same thing IMO. If ESPN is going to branch into pro wrestling there are a lot of good potential 30 For 3O's:
Hogan-obvious reasons
McMahon
Even a combo 30 For 30 something along the lines of how many of them die so young and the ones that are alive are broke and destitute.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

ESPN would just attack the bad sad wwe

I'm sure Hogan Rise and Fall will be coming along with WWF Steriod Land

ESPN should do something positive how Wrestlemania and Monday Night Raw make Monday Night Football and SuperBowl a joke

NFL and ESPN must hate opening to Mania every year with soldout stadium of fans excitement something SuperBowl can't with "fake" fights
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

I finally got to watch this yesterday afternoon. I knew Flair was adopted but didn't know that even his adoptive parents didn't really want anything to do with him. It's no wonder the guy hated being anyone but Ric Flair. In that regard, I liked the more honest comments certain people made about him. I thought Shawn Michaels' comment about Flair not wanting to get to know or understand who he really is outside of "Ric Flair" said a lot. JR's comment about Flair always needing to party and have people around him was poignant, too. It sounds like Flair has managed to find some peace within himself since Reid's death, but the end of the documentary really doesn't make it sound like Flair has changed much. Whenever I see a new celebrity death story, I tend to wonder if Flair is next.

There are certain celebrities I (for lack of a better way of putting it at this time) don't care for when I find out how they treated their wife and kids. With Flair, after seeing this documentary and I guess seeing the "big picture", I suppose I pity him, even though I also feel bad for his kids for not having a dad growing up. Overall, the documentary was pretty sad.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Finally saw it today as it aired on TSN, very good stuff almost got teary eyed by the end
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you