The NHL is unwatchable in 2017

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

grizzly31
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Re: The NHL is unwatchable in 2017

Post by grizzly31 »

I would not say it is unwatchable, but the game between the Leafs and Caps last night was. Those uniforms were fucking horrible. This is coming from a Leafs fan.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Olds_71_442 wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:In my opinion, hockey has been unwatchable forever. Fuck hockey and hockey fans who think they're sport is something. Go skate on the ice, ballerina.
You're a retard. No sense arguing with you.
Who's arguing? Don't flatter yourself, little boy. Just watch your men skate on ice and pleasure yourself.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:In my opinion, hockey has been unwatchable forever. Fuck hockey and hockey fans who think they're sport is something. Go skate on the ice, ballerina.
Who's arguing? Don't flatter yourself, little boy. Just watch your men skate on ice and pleasure yourself.
Like I said.....retard alert.....^^^^^
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Olds_71_442 wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote: You're a retard. No sense arguing with you.
Like I said.....retard alert.....^^^^^
At least you have the low intelligence to repeat the same insult. You should be a hockey player.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
referring to Queen movie
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
At least you have the low intelligence to repeat the same insult. You should be a hockey player.
Yeah...something your lard ass couldn't do without having a heart attack.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote:
Just watch your men skate on ice and pleasure yourself.
I do this. Not concurrently though.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Olds_71_442 wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:
Yeah...something your lard ass couldn't do without having a heart attack.
Which couldn't I do without having a heart attack? Using the same insult repeatedly or be a hockey player?
You're out of material, kid.
referring to Queen movie
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I like hockey, especially the play-offs and the olympics although this year sucked without the nhl-players.

I like hockey but I don't like hockey fans. I don't like the fucking wahhh-mentality. Wahhh we get no coverage on ESPN, wahhh there's no celebrities in the arenas, don't change the rules, don't change the telecasts, don't try the fox puck...wahhh

And this thing about the great crowds in the NHL compared to the crowds in NBA....it might be true at many NHL-games but look at some of these arenas.. Go to sharks games in San Jose and you will see it's all quiet asians and yuppies, I heard that if you get the bad seat in Barclays you can't see the ice..go to a game in Miami and the arena is empty!
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Being a Stars fan, hockey has been unwatchable for some time. hehehehehe

Still, hockey is awesome. I am glad it isn't getting too much bigger. No arena hockey where they look like ants if you're in the nose bleeds like at an NFL game.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

FullDJacket wrote:I like hockey, especially the play-offs and the olympics although this year sucked without the nhl-players.

I like hockey but I don't like hockey fans. I don't like the fucking wahhh-mentality. Wahhh we get no coverage on ESPN, wahhh there's no celebrities in the arenas, don't change the rules, don't change the telecasts, don't try the fox puck...wahhh

And this thing about the great crowds in the NHL compared to the crowds in NBA....it might be true at many NHL-games but look at some of these arenas.. Go to sharks games in San Jose and you will see it's all quiet asians and yuppies, I heard that if you get the bad seat in Barclays you can't see the ice..go to a game in Miami and the arena is empty!
ESPN doesn't cover them because they don't have a contract. NHL turned them down and went with NBC instead of going with Disney or Fox. So? Look at any sports league and there are attendance bottom feeders. Who gives a fuck about celebrities? The Fox puck was 20 years ago. Fans know where to go for coverage and they make $6 billion a year so more than enough cash to go around. It's not a beauty pageant. Stick to bouncy ball.
Louis Zypher
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Louis Zypher »

WOLF wrote:If you watch hockey for the fights, you don’t like hockey.

Physicality, with a purpose, is fine. A guy should not have to answer the bell for delivering a clean hit though.

Two warriors, truly frustrated with each other, spontaneously dropping the gloves is fine too. Example Iginla/Lecavalier in 2004 cup final:

https://youtu.be/Txhs_g5O7E8

However, two idiots, playing 4 minutes a night on the fourth line, agreeing to “go” off the face off to preserve their jobs is utterly stupid. I’m thrilled those guys have been eradicated.

The skill level, speed - shots - puck handling, of kids coming into the league right now is off the charts. What is there not to like?

Excellent post......GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Earl Skakel wrote:I'm pro fighting for lack of a better word but what I don't understand is the league essentially got rid of it but still let's guys like Brad Marchand run around and injure people? You see many more concussions from cheap hits than you do a fight.

Earl
Don't you remember the pro hockey fights people predicting the rats would come out when they decreased fighting with rules? They were right. I haven't watched a full regular season NHL game in over 2 years.

Good fights, hits and passion are almost nonexistent in today's game.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

GREAT sport to bet on
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:I'm pro fighting for lack of a better word but what I don't understand is the league essentially got rid of it but still let's guys like Brad Marchand run around and injure people? You see many more concussions from cheap hits than you do a fight.

Earl
Don't you remember the pro hockey fights people predicting the rats would come out when they decreased fighting with rules? They were right. I haven't watched a full regular season NHL game in over 2 years.

Yeah, I love the fights in the game. Sad it is being phased out.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

pieceofme wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:

Earl

Yeah, I love the fights in the game. Sad it is being phased out.
I mean I get it, growing up I watched Barry Beck and he was essentially the Chara of the NHL at 6"3 220'sh and with the players being so big it is probably safer to eliminate it. Today Beck would be slightly above average size which is scary and the pace of the game being so fast compared to yesteryear you simply can't have guys like Wayne Van Drop and Ed Hospodar playing anymore. It is fun to watch games and clips from the late 70's to say mid 80's, my God there were some guys who had no business in the league but they made it fun. Not sure how to add links but if you go on You Tube and look up Steve Webb hits or this 9 minute Beck highlight reel every hit would be a penalty today whereas back then nothing!

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I love fights, but the lack of hitting is much more disturbing.