The XFL is back?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Desslar
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

The XFL is back?

Post by Desslar »

Any chance it will get viewers this time around?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/new- ... ed-league/
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The XFL is back?

Post by UtahRatt »

I love it and they should be able to tap into the freshman class, college aged players......He's even said it's going to be more about the sport than the wacky WWE type of entertainment.

Time to stop/start feeling sorry for QB's who get touched and players who get hit again. And time to watch players who don't hold out for another car.

Dez's..."I got a family to feed".....For $70 million....Hasn't done much since.

BRING IT! :P
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I dug the XFL. It was fun going to those games and the games, while not as polished as the NFL, were good. Refs let em play, so that is a plus. Tickets were cheap. A good time, back then. Looking forward to seeing the XFL take shape.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I think it would be better if they would play during the same time frame as the old USFL.
JinglesTheChristmasMouse
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by JinglesTheChristmasMouse »

Bring back the USFL !!!
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:51 pm I think it would be better if they would play during the same time frame as the old USFL.
JinglesTheChristmasMouse wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:33 pm Bring back the USFL !!!
Did you hear about this one?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/20/spor ... tball.html
They have acquired investments from Silicon Valley firms that will allow their eight-team league to start playing a week after the Super Bowl in February 2019. Their partners include CBS, which will show a few games on its main channel and some on its cable network. They will also launch a smartphone app on which fans will be able to stream games and play fantasy football.

The league will also aim for two-and-a-half hour games (N.F.L. games generally last at least three hours). To achieve that, there will be no kickoffs or extra points — only 2-point plays — and a 30-second play clock, as opposed to the N.F.L.’s 45-second clock. There will also be no television timeouts, which will lead to about 60 percent fewer commercials.
All the time-outs sucks. Wish they would get rid of them. Each team has one time-out per game, no challenging calls NOTHING!
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

FullDJacket wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 am
eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:51 pm I think it would be better if they would play during the same time frame as the old USFL.
JinglesTheChristmasMouse wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:33 pm Bring back the USFL !!!
Did you hear about this one?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/20/spor ... tball.html
They have acquired investments from Silicon Valley firms that will allow their eight-team league to start playing a week after the Super Bowl in February 2019. Their partners include CBS, which will show a few games on its main channel and some on its cable network. They will also launch a smartphone app on which fans will be able to stream games and play fantasy football.

The league will also aim for two-and-a-half hour games (N.F.L. games generally last at least three hours). To achieve that, there will be no kickoffs or extra points — only 2-point plays — and a 30-second play clock, as opposed to the N.F.L.’s 45-second clock. There will also be no television timeouts, which will lead to about 60 percent fewer commercials.
All the time-outs sucks. Wish they would get rid of them. Each team has one time-out per game, no challenging calls NOTHING!
they're using the cfl business model. hope they don't follow it too close
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

I'm down for anything that means less commercials. And make sure I can stream your shit, because I cut the cord.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

The eight cities are NY, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Washington DC, Houston, Dallas, LA and Seattle.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Rageman wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:23 pm The eight cities are NY, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Washington DC, Houston, Dallas, LA and Seattle.
Wasn't Las Vegas their most "successful" market?
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

FullDJacket wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:03 am
Rageman wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:23 pm The eight cities are NY, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Washington DC, Houston, Dallas, LA and Seattle.
Yeah, but they’re getting the Raiders in a couple of years.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

demolition23 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 am
All of the chosen cities have NFL franchises, which is a little surprising. I guess it allows the XFL to use existing stadiums.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

Desslar wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:40 pm

All of the chosen cities have NFL franchises, which is a little surprising. I guess it allows the XFL to use existing stadiums.
St. Louis doesn't have an NFL team.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

cc117 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:50 am

Screw the Card's and Ram's........The XFL St. Louis Riots would be awesome! I have a NY/NJ Hitmen shirt n hat, hope they retain the name.

So it's still a go haven't done a search in a while....
When he fired up the XFL RD1 it was amazing how he pulled it off practically overnight from the drawing board to kick off. He announced a league without a team or a field in place yet a year later it was game on. He moved a mountain, if he does it this time around I wont be surprised if there's more interest and a better product..Not to mention local channels are dead weekend TV programing well into the evening full of infomercials to Teen Kids News shows. They could land a lot of time slots.

I'm going to post this in the NFL thread but this weekend I started laughing over the NU-NFL campaign TV Commercials, 'The Future of Football! "We've been teaching them to hit with the shoulder pad so they no get hurt!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

But St Louis is baseballtown.
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

Sorry, forgot the Rams took off.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Guess there's more than one start up league and it starts now!
the Alliance of American Football will kick off following the Super Bowl in February 2019. Hall of Famer Bill Polian will help oversee the league, which aims to have eight 50-man teams playing a 10-week schedule.

Alliance of American Football to launch in February 2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... uary-2019/

There are 28,000 Division I football players,” Ebersol said, via ESPN.com. “Only 1,700 have NFL jobs. We’re looking for those Kurt Warners working in grocery stores and we think we will find them.” Its leadership board features former NFL players Jared Allen, Hines Ward and Troy Polamalu, and its mission is to provide "high-quality professional football fueled by a dynamic Alliance between players, fans and the game."

So they've picked up some former NFL players, took Division 1 All Stars then added what un-drafted, practice squads, castoffs and Al Bundy's from what's left. The SLC team is a mix of indoor, division and local ex NFL thrown back...Bet anything they'll play harder I'll be curious to watch one game.....SLC Stallions, Matt Asiata RB...I remember that Viking who fell off the map. I thought he had game....Or maybe he had one good game.

Alliance of American Football
https://aaf.com/

Arizona Hotshots
Atlanta Legends
Birmingham Iron
Memphis Express
Orlando Apollos
Salt Lake Stallions
San Antonio Commanders
San Diego Fleet
Last edited by UtahRatt on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

So who gets to wear the "HE HATE ME" jersey this time?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

That Alliance League is in bed with the NFL. The XFL may have fucked up waiting until next season.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:18 am So who gets to wear the "HE HATE ME" jersey this time?
Kareem Hunt?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Team: Arizona Hotshots
Coach: Rick Neuheisel
Players: QB Trevor Knight

Team: Atlanta Legends
Coach: Brad Childress
Players: QB Aaron Murray, QB Matt Simms, WR Stephen Hill

Team: Birmingham Iron
Coach: Tim Lewis
Players: QB Blake Sims, QB Scott Tolzien, RB Trent Richardson, CB JaCorey Shepherd, K Nick Novak

Team: Memphis Express
Coach: Mike Singletary
Players: QB Christian Hackenberg, QB Zach Mettenberger, RB Zac Stacy, WR Chris Givens

Team: Orlando Apollos
Coach: Steve Spurrier
Players: QB Garrett Gilbert, QB Stephen Morris, WR Frankie Hammond, DB Will Hill

Team: Salt Lake Stallions
Coach: Dennis Erickson
Players: QB B.J. Daniels, QB Garrett Grayson, RB Matt Asiata

Team: San Antonio Commanders
Coach: Mike Riley
Players: RB David Cobb, RB Daryl Richardson

Team: San Diego Fleet
Coach: Mike Martz
Players: QB Josh Johnson, RB Bishop Sankey
When will they start playing?

The AAF's 10-week, 40-game regular season will begin Saturday, Feb. 9, at 8 p.m. ET from Spectrum Stadium in Florida, where the Orlando Apollos will host the Atlanta Legends; and from The Alamodome in Texas, where the San Antonio Commanders will host the San Diego Fleet.

CBS is scheduled to broadcast the AAF's Feb. 9 Opening Day, while CBS Sports Network will then carry one AAF game each week throughout the season.

Trent Richardson :lol:

Maybe Johnny Manziel will get a phone call.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Interesting to see which league will last longer.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

The Express used to play in LA in the USFL days.

Except they had Steve Young, and this new team has... Christian Hackenberg???

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

UtahRatt wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:55 am Team: Arizona Hotshots
Coach: Rick Neuheisel
Players: QB Trevor Knight

Team: Atlanta Legends
Coach: Brad Childress
Players: QB Aaron Murray, QB Matt Simms, WR Stephen Hill

Team: Birmingham Iron
Coach: Tim Lewis
Players: QB Blake Sims, QB Scott Tolzien, RB Trent Richardson, CB JaCorey Shepherd, K Nick Novak

Team: Memphis Express
Coach: Mike Singletary
Players: QB Christian Hackenberg, QB Zach Mettenberger, RB Zac Stacy, WR Chris Givens

Team: Orlando Apollos
Coach: Steve Spurrier
Players: QB Garrett Gilbert, QB Stephen Morris, WR Frankie Hammond, DB Will Hill

Team: Salt Lake Stallions
Coach: Dennis Erickson
Players: QB B.J. Daniels, QB Garrett Grayson, RB Matt Asiata

Team: San Antonio Commanders
Coach: Mike Riley
Players: RB David Cobb, RB Daryl Richardson

Team: San Diego Fleet
Coach: Mike Martz
Players: QB Josh Johnson, RB Bishop Sankey
When will they start playing?

The AAF's 10-week, 40-game regular season will begin Saturday, Feb. 9, at 8 p.m. ET from Spectrum Stadium in Florida, where the Orlando Apollos will host the Atlanta Legends; and from The Alamodome in Texas, where the San Antonio Commanders will host the San Diego Fleet.

CBS is scheduled to broadcast the AAF's Feb. 9 Opening Day, while CBS Sports Network will then carry one AAF game each week throughout the season.

Trent Richardson :lol:

Maybe Johnny Manziel will get a phone call.
that would be tampering. he's under contract in montreal.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Alliance teams and logos....can't say I like any one of them....maybe the Birmingham logo is ok...

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 pmthat would be tampering. he's under contract in montreal.
Do the Als make him wear a shock collar and an ankle monitor.

Desslar wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 pm The Express used to play in LA in the USFL days.

Except they had Steve Young, and this new team has... Christian Hackenberg???

And he'd still be making 1 million a year from the USFL until 2027 if it wasn't for a 1.4m settlement on the annuity....It was insured he'd still be collecting a paycheck by TRUMP's partners.

I have to say "Alliance of American Football" really is a shitty league name.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FullDJacket wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am Alliance teams and logos....can't say I like any one of them....maybe the Birmingham logo is ok...
I was thinking Birmingham as well and as a whole they do kinda blow, I'd pondered buying a hat but the swag sucks.

I'm down with supporting new leagues since next year I'll no longer care about the NFL but come on the San Antonio Commanders...It looks like an image of the Alamo on a shield....Did we fight with shields and swords at the Alamo? CHARGE!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

FullDJacket wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am Image
When the Grizzlies moved to Memphis, they wanted to re-brand as the Memphis Express. I wonder if they recycled the unused logo.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

UtahRatt wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:02 am
FullDJacket wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am Alliance teams and logos....can't say I like any one of them....maybe the Birmingham logo is ok...
I was thinking Birmingham as well and as a whole they do kinda blow, I'd pondered buying a hat but the swag sucks.

I'm down with supporting new leagues since next year I'll no longer care about the NFL but come on the San Antonio Commanders...It looks like an image of the Alamo on a shield....Did we fight with shields and swords at the Alamo? CHARGE!
Heh how many Utah Jazz hats do you own?
Tenacious_Dio wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 am
FullDJacket wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am Image
When the Grizzlies moved to Memphis, they wanted to re-brand as the Memphis Express. I wonder if they recycled the unused logo.
You're probably right. I was thinking that maybe the same person or the same team designed all these logos.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

UtahRatt wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 pmthat would be tampering. he's under contract in montreal.
Do the Als make him wear a shock collar and an ankle monitor.
he hasn't had any arrests in canada. not that i'm aware of anyway