Luc Longley The forgotten Bull

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Luc Longley The forgotten Bull

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

When former basketball star Luc Longley folded his 7-foot-2-inch (220cm) frame into a couch mid-last year to watch the documentary series The Last Dance, he was excited.

Here was the story of the Chicago Bulls, considered by many to be the greatest sports team of all time and one in which Longley played a key role. Led by the freakishly talented Michael Jordan, the Bulls dominated American basketball in the 1990s, winning six NBA championships, three of them with Longley in the starting line-up.

So imagine Longley’s disappointment as each of the 10 episodes dropped and it became clear his contribution would be ignored. But for the odd fleeting background shot, the 52-year-old had been wiped from history.

“Sitting there on the couch and watching episode after episode where I wasn’t in it — yeah, I was bummed about that,” Longley admits.

“I know it hurt him,” says former Bulls teammate Steve Kerr. “I watched it with my kids and I thought about Luc’s omission from it and how much he lost from that, and I feel bad for Luc.”

Full Story

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-02/ ... KQKhJETgIs