Beijing Olympics thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Beijing Olympics thread

Post by dmbrocker »

Anyone watching? Can Shaun White reach the top one more time? Can Nathan Chen finally win that men's figure skating title? Will there be another gold for the US women's hockey team? I'm also looking forward to seeing my favorite ladies like Mikaela Shiffrin, Mariah Bell, Chloe Kim, etc.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Re: Beijing Olympics thread

Post by Kid-Wicked »

canada's woman's olympic hockey team beats russia 6-1 while wearing covid msks under their face masks. crazy
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Nathan Chen with a world record short program score while our third US men's figure skater gets taken out by the 'rona. Meanwhile, Red Gerard and Jamie Anderson fall short of repeat medals while Mikaela Shiffrin crashes out of the giant slalom. And yeah, playing with covid masks under hockey masks is wild.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, the figure skating team event medal ceremony was just delayed for "legal reasons", with one Russian skater possibly testing positive for doping. Don't those Russkies ever learn?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Great Olympics so far
Russia cheating, China fake gold medal
The hype trying to convince the world people care about girls USA vs Canada hockey😂
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

No medal for Shaun White in his last run, but thanks for the being the GOAT of Olympic snowboarding. Enjoy that retirement, flying tomato man.

And how about that Nathan Chen fella? He's definitely going to be getting some huge endorsement offers now after that gold medal win last night.

Chloe Kim gets the easy win for her second Olympic gold. Also probably going to get some endorsement offers.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, Olympics are over. Anyone here besides me actually watch? At least the women's figure skating event avoided a major asterisk. No medals for Mikaela, which was surprising. Shaun White's done, but he made a good career of it. Congrats to Nathan Chen and Chloe Kim as well.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

4 years from a real country like Italy
Will watch that 24/7

China sucks- didn’t feel special at all

Elimination Chamber 2026 should be outside in the snow in Italy
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:13 pm Well, Olympics are over. Anyone here besides me actually watch? At least the women's figure skating event avoided a major asterisk. No medals for Mikaela, which was surprising. Shaun White's done, but he made a good career of it. Congrats to Nathan Chen and Chloe Kim as well.
Yeah, I watched quite a bit of it. Had it on in the background whilst I was working. Enjoy seeing events and sports I rarely see/watch.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

LAglamrocker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:59 pm China fake gold medal
???
Was Blotzer there?

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Finland won its first gold medal in ice hockey over Russians. That was good. Propably if hadn't won, the Russkies wouldn't be invading Ukraine just yet, 'cause old Vlad would be celebrating with the team.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Felt like it got zero coverage. No name athletes. I didn’t see 1 minute of it this year. Think it’s time to cancel it.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:32 am Felt like it got zero coverage. No name athletes. I didn’t see 1 minute of it this year. Think it’s time to cancel it.
Lol. Just because you didn't watch any of it doesn't mean it's time to cancel.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....