NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bianca
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by Bianca »

No, by no means am I a NINtard, nor am I worried.
The accusation was made. Where is the proof?
By the way, why PM me then delete the message?
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

I found out why Francis Ten suddenly abandoned his twitter, he was corresponding with zapperwashere and all his private PMs to her about Trent and Rentaqueen were posted, check out http://www.twitter.com/metalsludger
taste_the_rainbow
Taking Music Lessons

Post by taste_the_rainbow »

:D
Last edited by taste_the_rainbow on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

I think it's kinda strange that Rentaqueen announced her pregnancy on facebook, according to her friend's post on the ocweekly article comments section. Why wouldn't she just call her friends and tell them something personal like that?
We all know Rentaqueen is a huge whore with no class and has a big mouth, so maybe it's nothing to her...
sevenfire2
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by sevenfire2 »

You must watch days of our lives constantly. Where do you find these random accounts? Do you have some kind of fucking alert system setup?

wtf.
RichardL wrote:I found out why Francis Ten suddenly abandoned his twitter, he was corresponding with zapperwashere and all his private PMs to her about Trent and Rentaqueen were posted, check out http://www.twitter.com/metalsludger
Basic
Music Fan

Post by Basic »

RichardL wrote:I found out why Francis Ten suddenly abandoned his twitter, he was corresponding with zapperwashere and all his private PMs to her about Trent and Rentaqueen were posted, check out http://www.twitter.com/metalsludger
WOW...........Is there anymore of this?
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

Anyone else over Trent and his music?
All he is interested in is making money and going after fans who dare disagree with his music. Trent is a sell out. How to Destoy Angels is crappy music, and everyone sees it but him. He claims he hates those Hollywood types and yet he's become one and tried to befriend celebrities on twitter and elsewhere.
He wrote a song called Starfuckers and yet he's married one. Everything he's done in the past year is the opposite of what he led people to believe.
Even if he does release another NIN album, which I'm sure he will in another year or two when he needs money, I would never buy a copy.
Basic
Music Fan

Post by Basic »

RichardL wrote:Anyone else over Trent and his music?
All he is interested in is making money and going after fans who dare disagree with his music. Trent is a sell out. How to Destoy Angels is crappy music, and everyone sees it but him. He claims he hates those Hollywood types and yet he's become one and tried to befriend celebrities on twitter and elsewhere.
He wrote a song called Starfuckers and yet he's married one. Everything he's done in the past year is the opposite of what he led people to believe.
Even if he does release another NIN album, which I'm sure he will in another year or two when he needs money, I would never buy a copy.
Geez ....sorry :shock: I just thought there was more!
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

There will always be more with Trent. He has to keep coming up with ways to get media attention, ticket sales, and create drama.
Basic
Music Fan

Post by Basic »

RichardL wrote:There will always be more with Trent. He has to keep coming up with ways to get media attention, ticket sales, and create drama.
LOL... yeah I can see that happening! I really used to respect the guy for his music, but lately... its just been down hill for some time now.
dustbunny
Recording Your Demo

Post by dustbunny »

no bronze, it's not you welcome back!
"Don't call your band Nine Inch Nails if you have a three inch one."
amouthfulofsin220

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

sludger wrote:
Bianca wrote:No, by no means am I a NINtard, nor am I worried.
The accusation was made. Where is the proof?
By the way, why PM me then delete the message?
:lol: She full of crap and is a manipulator.

The sheer irony of this statement made me laugh until I puked.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars
amouthfulofsin220

Wow, sick burn :roll:

Anyways, don't worry about what I tell the Mod... don't you have bagels to schmear?
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

While looking for groupie stories, I came across this website witha story about one of Trent's groupies.
http://ask.metafilter.com/70431/Are-the ... k-groupies
If Trent used to ignore people who wanted to give him demos, then why did he give into some talentless whore and marry her? What made him change himself and what he believed in so drastically?
misanthropia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by misanthropia »

posted by saturnine :lol:
RichardL wrote:While looking for groupie stories, I came across this website witha story about one of Trent's groupies.
http://ask.metafilter.com/70431/Are-the ... k-groupies
BaGawker2.0
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by BaGawker2.0 »

sevenfire2
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by sevenfire2 »

HAHHAHAHAHAHA ^
amouthfulofsin220

Sludger:

My Response

Burt cures all your ills, just let the musical healing begin...

RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

How many fans do you think Trent has lost? The numbers from the music sales and ticket sales from the next NIN will show it. Do you think a lot of fans will forget about his behavior a year later?
Trent acted like a real asshole and full of shit douchebag this past year. A lot of his fans were the same overweight women he was talking about, and they may have mvoed on since he's gotten married.
sevenfire2
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by sevenfire2 »

The answer to however you're casting this question is: yes, they will. The assumption in that question is a)that fans are as involved in either hating him or liking him to the degree that we respectively are (they're not) and b) it's fairly clear that if there's going to be any touring under the NIN banner it's going to be limited and a ways out. He was on tour for what, close to five years?

And if people have "moved on" since he got married. Good! At a personal level if you are that pissed he got married, you're not completely with it and that is not all that's wrong with you. "Moving on" would be considered by any objective measure or standard, emotional progress.

He's busted his ass for a fair number of years. At this point he gets to choose who he works with, what he releases and despite the antipathy here... People are going to continue to be interested in seeing what he comes up with.

And let the trolling begin...
Now.
RichardL wrote: Do you think a lot of fans will forget about his behavior a year later?
BaGawker2.0
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by BaGawker2.0 »

sevenfire2 wrote:The answer to however you're casting this question is: yes, they will. The assumption in that question is a)that fans are as involved in either hating him or liking him to the degree that we respectively are (they're not) and b) it's fairly clear that if there's going to be any touring under the NIN banner it's going to be limited and a ways out. He was on tour for what, close to five years?

And if people have "moved on" since he got married. Good! At a personal level if you are that pissed he got married, you're not completely with it and that is not all that's wrong with you. "Moving on" would be considered by any objective measure or standard, emotional progress.

He's busted his ass for a fair number of years. At this point he gets to choose who he works with, what he releases and despite the antipathy here... People are going to continue to be interested in seeing what he comes up with.

And let the trolling begin...
Now.
RichardL wrote: Do you think a lot of fans will forget about his behavior a year later?
yes but he is also older, hasn't had a hit in a long time, and compared to today's music scene irrelevant, aside from figuring out ways to release music. So yeah sure people will be interested in what he puts out. But alot LESS people then he would like.
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

Sevenfire2,no one expected that you'd ever quit wanting to have sex with Trent and buying his crappy music. You'll be bothering people who dislike Trent on twitter for years to come as a way to get up Trent's ass more. There will always be some fans who will buy Trent's music regardless of how crappy it is.
Yes, Trent has become old and irrelevant, and he basically thinks of new ways to release music.
Trent constantly schemes of new ways to release his music, be mentioned in the media, and make more money $$$$. He must search in google news for himself every day.
It will be interesting to see the new sales figures for NIN's new music. There are just so many bands out there who are relevant and are making good music to spend my money on instead.
sevenfire2
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by sevenfire2 »

For me at least the definition of what a hit is/was has drastically changed in the last 10 years or so. I think a lot of this is owed to P2P, the web and a bit later the advent of feasible MP3 players.*

A lot of the middle men in determining(pushing?) what a hit is have largely been removed from the picture (or relegated to the corner) in lieu of direct access to music. The old standard was a combination of radio rotation, in store playback, and tv programming. Now it's 'check out myspace, youtube, spotify, bittorrent, itunes, amazon mp3 store, zune/zune pass' and so forth. I grab the mp3, dump it on my mp3 player and go. Also, the idea that I can have access to my entire music library on a portable device is fucking mind blowing.

William Hung (American Idol/She Bangs) moved 240,000 units over time and close to 40,000 units on the first week of release. I suppose that's a hit. Lady Ga Ga has a string of hits, all of which make me want to hang myself. So if you're defining hit by overwhelming commercial success well there you are. Lady Gaga, William Hung, Kei$ha, Lil' John and My Chemical Romance doing horrible fucking Queen covers. And if by some measure of fucking imagination you haven't heard Under Pressure - Queen feat. Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrEN-YKLBM

It's no longer radio and mtv as kingmaker, it's youtube.

As far as relevancy, meh that's such a subjective thing you can go anywhere with that. I feel he still has relevancy, but big deal if you don't. And who dictates it as relevant? Pitchfork, Rolling Stone? Fuck that.

At the end of the day if you're just talking about units moved and ears reached, then Ghosts was a pretty big hit. Critical response? Some loved it, some hated it. Shock.

"The album's initial release on the official Nine Inch Nails website suffered problems as the website was inundated with traffic, and was not fully operational until extra servers were added to handle the influx of downloads.A week after the album's release, the official Nine Inch Nails site reported over 750,000 purchase and download transactions, amassing over $1.6 million in sales. Pre-orders of the $300 "Ultra-Deluxe Limited Edition" sold out in less than 30 hours of its release.Ghosts I–IV was the fourth most played album of 2008 on Last.fm, and was the best-selling album on Amazon MP3[for the year of 2008]." via Wikipedia

*Fun fact, the first digital audio player was invented in 1979 and played back 3.5 minutes worth of media. Foreshadowing much?
BaGawker2.0 wrote: yes but he is also older, hasn't had a hit in a long time, and compared to today's music scene irrelevant, aside from figuring out ways to release music. So yeah sure people will be interested in what he puts out. But alot LESS people then he would like.
sevenfire2
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by sevenfire2 »

I perpetually think of new ways to write better and more productive code. My GOD, lock me up now for that. If he wants to figure out how to best release his music, cool. I want to figure out the best way to implement a MVC framework in PHP, do I use pre-existing shit or build out my own? What are the benefits and trade offs. This is just practical, everyday thinking in your career field.

If you're self releasing, nobody else is going to be doing promotion for you.
At a certain point you have to be more than an ad in a magazine. I think that's universally true. Excellent article about Black Flag doing self promotion is found here: Link. Steve Albini ranted about some of this stuff years ago Link.

Trent is hardly new in the "OK my label fucked me, now I'm free how do I do it the way I want to do it." Labels repeatedly fuck musicians daily. Which is why I see the monolithic label corps being replaced by something akin to a musicians co-op.

And who am I to dictate how you spend your money? If you want to go buy somebody else's album go for it. It's not like I'm holding you on a drill press, going "BUY THE FUCKING MUSIC".
RichardL wrote:he basically thinks of new ways to release music.
Trent constantly schemes of new ways to release his music, be mentioned in the media, and make more money $$$$. He must search in google news for himself every day.
It will be interesting to see the new sales figures for NIN's new music. There are just so many bands out there who are relevant and are making good music to spend my money on instead.
amouthfulofsin220

Which is why I see the monolithic label corps being replaced by something akin to a musicians co-op.
This actually sounds damn interesting, but how to do you get musicians to snap out of the "slave mentality" and take responsibility for their craft?
A lot of the middle men in determining(pushing?) what a hit is have largely been removed from the picture (or relegated to the corner) in lieu of direct access to music.
It's a positive in that music is much more available like you mentioned subsequently, but the herd mentality is still alive and well, although it's moved from MTv to YouTube (this is proved by the inanity of some spectacularly popular viral vids/Youtube celebrities)

Sadly smaller, less well-known bands can get lost on the 'net just like they would've gotten lost in midnight video airplay rotations on MTv... so it's their responsibility to do all they can to promote themseves as creatively as they can.

Meh, in other words I completely agree with you. There aren't a lot of mega stars anymore unless they're being force fed down our gullets like GaGa or Beyonce or whoeverthefuck else, so the definitions of "relevence" and "commercial success" have changed.

NIN is going to be remembered mainly by the 90's generation - at least by the alts who loved to shock and awe their parents by blasting Closer from their fucked up Fiesta on their way to school, and wear the black NIN shirts and big black boots to fuck with the fashion conscious... but on the most part, it's been relegated to nostalgia like most great 90's music.

Do I think that people won't still discover and love the music in the years to come? Of course not - and they won't have any idea of the naughtiness Trent's been up to in the last year, so BONUS! The only people who were genuinely butthurt and angry about the silliness last year were the ones who gave too much of a shit in the first place, get me? In my mind, he was just culling from the herd LOL

I will go on to say that Trent seems to have lost his muse, but that happens with all musicians with long careers at one point or another. Maybe he's tired and bored and needs a break - with a kid on the way, I hope he uses Pubert as an excuse to relax for a bit before getting back in the studio. After all, to create good music you need to experience a life worth writing/composing about, right?

P.S. - horrible Queen covers aside, MCR isn't all that bad... they have some songs that stay stuck in your brain like cobwebs :lol: Having said that, I'll admit that Gerard Way can't carry a tune in a bucket. Tsk, tsk.

sevenfire2
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by sevenfire2 »

note: I use the phrase "you" a lot when I write, it's a generic subjective "you" not specific to whoever is reading it.
amouthfulofsin220 wrote:This actually sounds damn interesting, but how to do you get musicians to snap out of the "slave mentality" and take responsibility for their craft?

Tough question. I think being able to look objetively at your band and deciding where, when and how the money is coming in. When it comes to doing everything yourself sans label, can you actually pull it off?

Social networking and the internet are phenomenal tools. They are just tools, however. You have to go and do a bit more than simply tweeting.

Getting them to snap out of it? Forcing them to look at reality. How is the label doing and how will it do promoting my material. Major labels are fucking juggernauts when they want to get things done. They are there to make money. If they release quality music that's a byproduct. If they don't feel your album is going to sell they're not going to pour money into it. Money will always trump you unless you specified otherwise in your contract.

If you can look at those elements, objectively, and did your best in trying to make the right call, then that's responsibility. If you're not doing that, you have a solid chance at getting fucked in the ass and it being (if there's no malfeasence) your fault.

I like the co-op model. This and other references explain the general concepts far better than I can. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative Hopefully, you can see what I'm talking about in there. I'm fucking terrible at explaining how this would work with musicians, online.
amouthfulofsin220 wrote: NIN is going to be remembered mainly by the 90's generation - at least by the alts who loved to shock and awe their parents by blasting Closer from their fucked up Fiesta on their way to school, and wear the black NIN shirts and big black boots to fuck with the fashion conscious... but on the most part, it's been relegated to nostalgia like most great 90's music.
There are statistics that I would love to see. Age demographics and geography being one of them. I find this fascinating. 99.9% of people find it incredibly fucking boring.

The rest is just interacting with (in this case) listeners. This ranges from friends and family to random people. I think fawning on one extreme and melodramatic bitching on the other extreme are largely worthless. If you throw that up on a histogram, and nuke both ends you're going to get better data.

It's also a matter of how you feel about what you have. At a certain point you have to ditch reaction to an album, and just get on with making more music.

I love In Flames' Reroute to Remain but the overwhelming majority of the fanbase and critics fucking HATED that album. 'What the fuck this isn't The Jester Race' It was something different, they wanted to do something new, so they did. I enjoyed it, and a whole fucking lot of people did not. A good friend of mine and I split continuously over that album. On the flip side, I do the same thing with Soilwork. I loved the Chainheart Machine and A Predator's Portrait. After that, none of the newer albums grabbed me.

As far as NIN being 90's nostalgia, it's the same argument. I enjoyed PHM, TDS and put The Fragile on repeat when it came out. When Year Zero came out, that instantly became my favorite and I can't slot that anywhere in the 90's, except for something coming off of Warp at the time and that's iffy at best. And the Testsuo Bullet Man Theme *I think* is a peek into the future of NIN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9bm-RJMWM and it's a cool one.

I think if HTDA had been released anonymously, it would have received a far better reception than it did. As soon as you slap Trent's name on anything it will immediately be compared to NIN. And HTDA isn't a NIN album, it's a new band and at least for me I took that at face value and came out liking it quite a bit. I think he could go out and compose a symophony 15 years from now and it will get compared to NIN. I can see it now "A FUCKING OBOE? OBOES DON'T BELONG IN SYMPHONIES"
amouthfulofsin220 wrote: Of course not - and they won't have any idea of the naughtiness Trent's been up to in the last year, so BONUS!
When it came to him being pissed off and tweeting it. The dude protects his family, and he certainly doesn't like anyone fucking with them. I don't like anyone fucking with my family and nobody here likes their family being fucked with. Unless you completely hate your family or you've been disowned it's the same sentiment.

If people hammer you from all sides, online/offline/press, at all times, at a certain point I would imagine you just want to go 'fuck all of you'. I mean some of this shit is just ridiculous. I think on the level he could give a fuck if people trash him. However, his family never signed up to be piñatas for random people off of the internet. Neither did any of your families sign up to be piñatas here. I honestly don't envy his position at all.

As an aside I would love to see Sludger out herself. Out of all the people on here, I think she's the only one who has gone to the extent to trying to find not only indvidual user information with people on here which I could care less about and I'm pretty sure nobody else does either, but *detailed* information on our families as well. She's also the one who values her privacy the most.

It's one of the few situations where I would love to see an armistice to get her info, and go "Hi Jane Doe, fucking sucks when people do this to you doesn't it?" and then roll back into the normal "fuck you" "no fuck you budday" thing that thread is.

The irritating thing is that her behaviour is making the rest of ours looking completely fucking demented simply by association on both sides. I didn't think that it was possible, but she's doing it.
amouthfulofsin220 wrote: P.S. - horrible Queen covers aside, MCR isn't all that bad... they have some songs that stay stuck in your brain like cobwebs Having said that, I'll admit that Gerard Way can't carry a tune in a bucket. Tsk, tsk.
As far as My Chemical Romance, I'm beginning to wonder if the taste differences are becoming generational for me. I tried listening to them a couple times, just couldn't get into it.
Lydia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Lydia »

sevenfire2:

You're not convincing or converting anyone here, so why are you wasting your time on this thread?

Please leave.
amouthfulofsin220

Thanks for responding, Seven.

You've been doing your research, haven't you? Seeing that you've already suggested having graduated with a degree in computer something, you sure know a whole lot about the record biz LOL it's all interesting, nonetheless.

Confession: I looked up the bands you mentioned. I will respecfully say I despise that kind of music, my heart's in trip-hop/electronica/New Wave, which brings me to HTDA...

Kudos to Trent & Co. for branching out and experimenting, but I simply don't like it thus far - and I definitely wouldn't be so shallow as to attribute my initial reaction to the music to the fact that the Q is part of the project, or that it was too NINish, or not NIN enough :roll:

Even in a double-blind "listen test", I'm sure I'd still think that something was a bit off, and that the female vocalist lacks a certain "je ne sais quoi". Things might improve with time; after all, I agree that the Tetsuo theme is good, and if we want to go back the Quake soundtrack and the instrumentals in the Fragile were pretty damn terrific, so it's in him. I'm actually looking forward to listening to what a fresh,thoughtful non-NIN collaboration between him and Atticus will sound like.

The wonderful thing about the type of music they've chosen to experiment with is that vocalists don't have to be super skilled to succeed just as long as they have a style all their own. I'll be kind, and say that she's still not discovered who she is stylistically - I hope for her sake that she does, or her career will sink like a stone regardless of the fact that she has Trent and Atticus behind her. There are simply too many versatile and talented female musicians who are more than just dabbling to "become famous", and can't/will not rely on nepotism, and are actually willing to work to get their sound out there.
The hapless Q wrote: to be honest, being a professional singer was never a dream of mine, wait, that’s a lie, in the 8th grade i wanted to do broadway but in high school i realized i didn’t enjoy musical theatre that much. professionally, i wanted to be a buyer/stylist/personal shopper but after a couple of years at a fashion institute, i became very uninspired & lost. i stumbled into singing a year later & used the opportunity to overcome my severe stage fright. ta-da.
The first time I read this I laughed until my eyes watered. Apparently it's just that easy, huh? Bless her heart, someone should really filter what she's allowed to write. Goddamn it all, where the fuck is my "Daddy Musicbucks" to pluck me out of the daily grind and invite me to touch greatness?! And before you mention needless cattiness or jealousy, I know what I'm talking about... I sing. Like, really sing - where i stay on key, have an impressive octave range, and can sing in different styles *with* vibrato and e'rything LOL :shock: You have to understand the somewhat justifiable frustration some people feel when they hear of a random woman who didn't do shit but waggle a tambourine in her bf's band and disinfect hairbrushes during the day getting studio time with musicians like Trent and Atticus, and why some people will go as low as to wonder aloud what she *ahem* did to "earn" the opportunity. And yeah, it's bizarre that a woman who is dead set and focused on a career would choose to have a baby so soon - but whatever - babies are a blessing, and I'll leave Pubert out of it.

Seven, it just seems like she doesn't care about the craft - you know, the music - it's just a means to an end to her, and artistically speaking, it's quite upsetting. More importantly, that's why some people have gone on to question Trent's motivation, and whether he was ever in it for the tunes, or whether it was always just "a means to an end" for him as well - copy random beats and doctor them enough to make them his own and moan and scream over them to pay the bills and get some grade A pussy, because some hapless assholes are going to pay for it - and he's just now showing his ass.

I've tried to explain my opinion as explicitly as you've explained yours, so you see I'm not just a blindly envious naysayer like I've come to see you're not just a shameless asskisser.
Sevenfire2 wrote:The irritating thing is that [Sludger's] behaviour is making the rest of ours looking completely fucking demented simply by association on both sides. I didn't think that it was possible, but she's doing it.
:lol:

Very true, but maybe Trent & Co. might find her to be a blessing in disguise, since she might shame this "epic" thread and the Twitter trolls into extinction.
Last edited by amouthfulofsin220 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amouthfulofsin220

From the OCWeekly article Apple posted a bit ago:
Many people in LA are buzzing that this is a fake pregnancy. Bet your Botox this news is staged. There are UNSANCTIONED photos of Mariqueen that will be released soon depicting an alarmingly receding hairline, tightly stretched face and a bump that never seems to grow. Reznor will then stage photos of Mariqueen rubbing a bigger belly, complete with full maquillage, and a doting husband kissing her forehead. Give it less than a week. Trust.
This is beyond sick... I swear i heard the Saw theme music when I read this, it's so morbid.
Anonymous says:
LMAO! They're getting more attention for their baby than they are for their music. The D-listing of Trent Reznor is complete, call Kathy Griffin. Oh, and yeah, she is very pregnant. She's a proud gold digger, those chicks all know that having a baby seals the deal financially for at least 18 years. By the way, her "associates" are drumming up talk of baby in different places to try to peak interest from the tabloids to boost their/her image...so stop commenting on sites like this. You've been informed.
"You've been informed" LMAO Very cloak and dagger :roll:

I swear, all of those comments are written by only a couple of people with nothing better to do than to make up bullshit. What's sad is I had nothing better to do than read it. Please forgive me... I needed the laughs.

apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

yeah, i read those comments and felt rather disgusted. whatever - we all don't know what to believe only time will tell ....but trent being a doting husband ....not a chance !