NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by enchantment »

:shock:
Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
amouthfulofsin220
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

enchantment wrote:can u believe mainstream music and media think the katy perry's and Gaga's of the world are actually innovative?? puleeease
Ha ha.

They're 'innovative' to teenaged music listeners who get their music fed to them by Mtv... but I can't help listening to them once in a while when I'm in the mood for something poppy - Edge of Glory's on constant replay for me, and I really love the hard-sounding chorus of Katy's E.T. (even though the lyrics are bizarre).

Lady GaGa's trying to bring back 80's pop, and I love her for it - gotta love that tasty 80's cheddar.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
enchantment wrote:can u believe mainstream music and media think the katy perry's and Gaga's of the world are actually innovative?? puleeease
Ha ha.

They're 'innovative' to teenaged music listeners who get their music fed to them by Mtv... but I can't help listening to them once in a while when I'm in the mood for something poppy - Edge of Glory's on constant replay for me, and I really love the hard-sounding chorus of Katy's E.T. (even though the lyrics are bizarre).

Lady GaGa's trying to bring back 80's pop, and I love her for it - gotta love that tasty 80's cheddar.
I agree. I like Kay Perry's ET (although i want to stab her in the neck for the video and everything else she has done) and Lady Gaga is really weird and awesome. Also her stuff is catchy
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orionslavegirl1

If i had to listen to todays music i would listen to Lady Gaga (cuz i liked Madonna when i was a kid).

To be frank everyone in the music/ Holleywood can be linked to someone else. Lady Gaga is the new Madonna, Katy is the new Cindy Lauper. etc etc

Honestly if Trent thinks he is as good as Peter Murphy or fashions himself as the new Gary Numan, then more power to him. Since he cannot duplicate the quality of their music he's just going to remain mediocre and do soundtracks (which all sound the same anyway)

Btw NIN is a rip off of Minstry and Skinny Puppy..but thats another rant.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="amouthfulofsin220"]
[b]Five Favorite Albums [/b](I can listen to the whole fucking record without skipping)

[list][*]Telepopmusik - Angel Milk
[*]Radiohead - King of Limbs
[*]The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
[*]Bjork - Vespertine
[*]Esthero - Wikked Lil' Grrrls

.[/quote]

I love The Civil Wars too. Joy Williams has a wonderful voice.
Orionslavegirl1

I love Ogre. I swear the Skinny puppy show got under my skin so bad. It was as Industrial should be. I bet the GWTDT soundtrack will sound as The SN did as did Quake. Same shit
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Orionslavegirl1

Yea Daft Punk deserved a nod but yea it was months ago

I have been in all three. The mods can correct me if I am wrong but the first closed because an ex of his (Nykke Dawg- the deaf girl)posted pictures of his house and guitar and the second closed because someone posted personal info or was it because Leatherette went crazy?
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
amouthfulofsin220

EvilNTent wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote: Five Favorite Albums (I can listen to the whole fucking record without skipping)
  • Telepopmusik - Angel Milk
  • Radiohead - King of Limbs
  • The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
  • Bjork - Vespertine
  • Esthero - Wikked Lil' Grrrls

I love The Civil Wars too. Joy Williams has a wonderful voice.
Her voice is as sweet as as runny honey, isn't it? She's cute as a button, too...and her chemistry with JP White is intense.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

amouthfulofsin220

enchantment wrote:I wonder what the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack will sound like with his limited ability of string instruments.
Synthesizers can be 'magickal'...

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:Honestly if Trent thinks he is as good as Peter Murphy or fashions himself as the new Gary Numan, then more power to him. Since he cannot duplicate the quality of their music he's just going to remain mediocre and do soundtracks (which all sound the same anyway)
I recently found a neat repository of past NIN interviews.

In the couple of interviews I read from the early nineties, Trent mentioned how easily he 'blew away' Peter Murphy. That puts a whole new level of interesting in recent collaborations with him. Oh, and on an ironic note, he also complained about how S. Bach was all nice to him and the band, and then shit talked them on stage...feel the sting, Trent. Feel the sting.

I wonder whether the only reasons he didn't shit talk Bowie publicly was because he knew he'd get lynched by his fans (and because he had a huge mancrush on him).
enchantment wrote:I can't believe ppl compare her on youtube (comments) to Beth of Portishead. She has an angelic voice. Mariqueef's is a whisper, at best. I have also heard that ppl think she sounds like Sneaker Pimps.
Bahaha.

Beth's voice is high, but it's also distinctive and powerful. To be honest, the Q does have a Kelli-ish sound to her voice, but she's yet to prove that she deserves the opportunity that she slept herself into.

Electronica is much more a man's domain that a lot of other musical genres, and the woman that have made it are creative,fiercely independent, and break the mold of what 'sexy' is defined as...Bjork, Beth Gibbons, and Angela McCluskey are proof of that.

She needs to go hard, or she'll always be Trent's cute little Pinay Pet, happy to bask in his shadow.
Last edited by amouthfulofsin220 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJo30
Opening for Slaughter

Post by JoJo30 »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
Ha ha.

Althought I haven't bought any of Gaga's music I sort of like her because she reminds me so much of Cher. The voice, the crazy clothes, etc. Ok I kind of like her a lot....the cheese is so good.

Listened to Sia's Moon and it is like AMFOS once called another musician "musical Xanax". Kinda cool stuff. If someone would buy voice lessons for Q, maybe just maybe, the Q could hold a candle?
amouthfulofsin220

enchantment wrote:so disappointing that Trent wouldn't shack up with a real artist similar to any of them...he couldn't stand not having the control.
Yep.

People come away rather disenchanted after having worked with him...and those are macho men. It begs the question of whether these elusive "talented women" choose to pass on a collabo with him because of it. There's a huge difference between helpful suggestions and artistic mentoring, and being ruled over with an iron fist because "he knows better".

Trent circa '94 when he was working with Vrenna, Lohner, Clouser, et al = totally worth putting up with (with an iron-clad contract, of course).

Trent now = um...I don't know. If he finds his musical footing again.

JoJo30 wrote:If someone would buy voice lessons for Q, maybe just maybe, the Q could hold a candle?
I don't know, JoJo. That remains to be seen.

EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="amouthfulofsin220"]Her voice is as sweet as as runny honey, isn't it? She's cute as a button, too...and her chemistry with JP White is intense.[/quote]

I know they are considered country but I disagree. I think they are more folk. I've been obsessed with them since I caught them at SXSW. They are nothing short of spectacular. In my opinion.

I see that you are a Sia fan as well. You are familiar with Zero 7? Love them too.

My latest musical obsessions: The Raveonettes. The Cocktail Slippers. The 69 Eyes. Upcoming Jane's Addiction. Robert Plant. Old soul music. Old punk rock. And I love Steven Tyler's new single.

Clearly I am not a NIN purist but then, I never was. My tastes are all over the place & don't center on Trent, his music or his personal musical taste, most of which I find tedious.

They certainly don't center on Trent's wife & her abilities.

Whatever they may be. :)
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="amouthfulofsin220"][quote="enchantment"]so disappointing that Trent wouldn't shack up with a real artist similar to any of them...he couldn't stand not having the control.[/quote]

Yep.

People come away rather disenchanted after having worked with him...and those are macho men. It begs the question of whether these elusive "talented women" choose to pass on a collabo with him because of it. There's a huge difference between helpful suggestions and artistic mentoring, and being ruled over with an iron fist because "he knows better".
.[/quote]

"Real artists" usually have recording contracts with real labels. A real label is only going to pay a producer with a proven RECENT track record of success. Which TR does not have.

Furthermore, he's well known as spending big bucks during production. "Fragile" is still known as being one of the most spectacular failures of the last twenty years after the Billboard freefall it did on week two. I would give you an educated guess & tell you one of the big reasons he isn't on a label today is that he couldn't find one willing to pay off his massive Fragile debts to Interscope so he could sign with someone else.

Big spender/no payoff. That's a big no go in today's atmosphere of finance at the expense of art record company business.

However, I am sure TR's paid some bills with the remixes he's been hired to do over the years such as for U2.

I mean, I thought they were shit but I don't begrudge Squatty a few extra bucks here & there.
amouthfulofsin220

I'm up early - I know.
EvilNTent wrote:I know they are considered country but I disagree. I think they are more folk. I've been obsessed with them since I caught them at SXSW. They are nothing short of spectacular. In my opinion.
Folk sounds about right, even though sometimes she leaves a slight Alison Krauss-ish taste in my mouth. I love her too.

(Yeah, i'm the only Caribbean woman I know who digs old school bluegrass.)

I love old soul/R&B music. Old school punk never really grew on me, but I still love this song. Don't ask me about the Ramones, The Dirty Needles, Black Flag, The Runny Shits, etc. I don't know a thing about those bands. I guess I'm not angry enough.

So you saw The Civil Wars at SXSW? I'm green with envy.
EvilNTent wrote:"Real artists" usually have recording contracts with real labels. A real label is only going to pay a producer with a proven RECENT track record of success. Which TR does not have.

Furthermore, he's well known as spending big bucks during production. "Fragile" is still known as being one of the most spectacular failures of the last twenty years after the Billboard freefall it did on week two. I would give you an educated guess & tell you one of the big reasons he isn't on a label today is that he couldn't find one willing to pay off his massive Fragile debts to Interscope so he could sign with someone else.
See, I didn't know all that.

When the American Idol morons are already so entitled and they don't have shit, I can imagine how Mr. Squire of Dimness made the A&R people jump through hoops after "The Downward Spiral". Someone had to keep him in black hair dye, Hot Pockets, and crisp stacks of singles.

I wonder whether Iovine's jaw dropped when he won the Oscar.

EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="amouthfulofsin220"]I wonder whether Iovine's jaw dropped when he won the Oscar.[/quote]

Probably not. Iovine respects talent despite being one of those evil record company people. :)

I would imagine Iovine still feels well rid of him. End of the day, there has to be profit after paying production bills. That simply had ceased to happen here.

BTW- You actually might enjoy the Ramones. Nothing angry about their music. In fact, the lyrics are often funny. Love Suicidal Tendencies too. And the new Social Distortion single, "California (Hustle & Flow) just rocks. Turn it up to 11 & see if it doesn't make you dance.

Pleasant day to one & all.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
amouthfulofsin220

EvilNTent wrote:I would imagine Iovine still feels well rid of him. End of the day, there has to be profit after paying production bills. That simply had ceased to happen here.
True enough.

When I first became a fan, I was told to "not mention loving 'The Fragile' to his face" if I ever met him in a M&G, etc. Does that record really leave such a bitter taste in his mouth?

He must've expected people to be a bit perplexed by it, since it was so very different from everything he'd done before - it calls into question whether he wanted to confuse or piss off his fans, change fanbases...or maybe even self-destruct. Why else take such a huge risk?

He was so glossy and self-aware during the height of his fame in the mid-90's, but after 98 he started to look cowed. Was it just another facet of his carefully engineered persona, or was he really overwhelmed?

Did it take him that long because he was insecure artistically, or because he was fucking around too much? If so, I hope his long, lazy days cycling around NOLA and picking up swamprats and 'models' were worth it.

enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
vladtepes
Forming a Band

Post by vladtepes »

He has always been a nasty humanbeing.... the Nola days, what he has down to many people he has worked with ( Vierna, Clouser etc)

enchantment wrote:I bet that Trent's drug and alcohol addiction had something to do with his spending habits. I still think he is bipolar too- some suffer from spending too much $$$. Personally, the Fragile is my favorite NIN album and I don't know why Trent would feel embarassed about that. I am not defending that douche, but in my opinion it doesn't matter what Billboard or mainstream music says. They are a business and not so much into artistic pursuits.
La Mer is my favorite NIN song, followed by Right Where it Belongs and Even Deeper...I just HATE the fact that one of my favorite artists turned out to be so nasty as a human being. It is extremely disappointing and hard for me to listen to even the old Nails anymore...crwy me a wiver I know...haha!
Duck tape can't fix stupid
"Zuzz | 7/22/2009, 4:06 am EST :Nine Inch Fail Whale"
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
vladtepes
Forming a Band

Post by vladtepes »

As humans we always live in a fantasy world in regards to our idols. We want them to be a certain way to fit our image of the perfect person. It is nothing new. Reznor lost my respect with the rude fat, how to kill yourself. I could careless about his wife, singing child etc. They have to deal with him.

enchantment wrote:
vladtepes wrote:He has always been a nasty humanbeing.... the Nola days, what he has down to many people he has worked with ( Vierna, Clouser etc)

I know- not trying to sound dramatic but I was in denial. I do find it ironic that even OFF the drugs (or allegedly off the drugs) he still is such a creep. Watch some recent douchebaggery in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jqskmE941Y

He seems so entitled- get on all fours for Trent! Oh wait, he enjoys being the bitch.

Anyone know the story with Richard Patrick?

Trent should cover this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_9QhRzJEs
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="amouthfulofsin220"]When I first became a fan, I was told to "not mention loving 'The Fragile' to his face" if I ever met him in a M&G, etc. Does that record really leave such a bitter taste in his mouth?

He must've expected people to be a bit perplexed by it, since it was so very different from everything he'd done before - it calls into question whether he wanted to confuse or piss off his fans, change fanbases...or maybe even self-destruct. Why else take such a huge risk?

He was so glossy and self-aware during the height of his fame in the mid-90's, but after 98 he started to look cowed. Was it just another facet of his carefully engineered persona, or was he really overwhelmed?

Did it take him that long because he was insecure artistically, or because he was fucking around too much? If so, I hope his long, lazy days cycling around NOLA and picking up swamprats and 'models' were worth it.[/quote]

He was giving interviews at the time announcing that people expected him to "save music". He set himself up for the fall he took. Arrogance comes with it's own rewards. He more than had it coming.

Fragile should have been a streamlined single album. Way too much pretentious filler. On the other hand, without the second disc, it probably wouldn't have gone gold since each disc counts in terms of sales. If TR doesn't appreciate people mentioning his album to him, it's probably because it was & continues to be a major humiliation for him. His PR people spent years carefully putting together a phony persona for him of tortured musical genius. A persona he bought into 150%. The Fragile took a HUGE chink out of that persona. It's really hard to look like a genius when you spend over five years & millions (and I mean MILLIONS) of dollars putting together a double album that doesn't even begin to sell enough to pay it's excessive production costs. It simply was not commercial. At all. No singles. No "Closer" to thrill the middle school kids with "Fuck you like an animal" . So it sank like a stone. His image, his reputation never recovered from that. He knows it. For all of his (hilarious to me) posturing about the record companies & how he's above all of that, who needs them, blah blah blah he's simply not attractive to the large companies & the smaller, boutique companies who would love to have his name on their label, can't afford to take on his debts & his lavish spending on inferior product such as HTDA that don't sell. That's record business 101.

Bottom line is always money money money money. :)

{quote: vladtapes} He has always been a nasty humanbeing.... the Nola days, what he has down to many people he has worked with ( Vierna, Clouser etc)

Absolutely 100% correct.

{Anyone know the story with Richard Patrick?}

Yes. Rich had the nerve not to want to spend his life as "Nine Inch Nails IS Trent Reznor". Shame on him. After all, Trent is a musical genius. Something like that. Just ask him. He's fabulous. Really. And he owes nothing to anybody. He does it ALL himself. :roll:

Rich is a good guy.
ManWithSpockEars
Wannabe Rocker

Post by ManWithSpockEars »

Is that Atticus in that picture in the other thread? Don't appreciate the comparsions of Mariqueeen to
Mildred Patty Baena, and Trent's deceptive antics like that of Arnold Swhartnegger.
vladtepes
Forming a Band

Post by vladtepes »

ManWithSpockEars wrote:Is that Atticus in that picture in the other thread? Don't appreciate the comparsions of Mariqueeen to
Mildred Patty Baena, and Trent's deceptive antics like that of Arnold Swhartnegger.

Yes it is Atticus ...