Getting fucked in a band

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

RichHolt
Headlining Clubs

Getting fucked in a band

Post by RichHolt »

Right... Yahoo wouldn't allow this question and the only mildy successful musician (supported Seb Bach, and toured the USA with Alice Cooper) i know in person won't tell me, so i need to sludge it:

How many girls on average fuck a lead guitar player per day if the band is pretty successful? Let's say a relatively hot guy (to girls of course) and he's in a band the size of Buckcherry or Papa Roach.
Are we talkin a girl a day, or is there enough pussy to go around for at least 5?

P.S. Im referring to in the USA. i know from personal experience with every band i play in that UK girls think groupies are 'sick freaks'. And 'the band i will not name for the sake of keeping my sludge account' said in last week's kerrang that the uk is shit when it comes to girls at shows.
pizzazz
Learning KISS Riffs

Re: Getting fucked in a band

Post by pizzazz »

RichHoltGuitar wrote:i know from personal experience with every band i play in that UK girls think groupies are 'sick freaks'. And 'the band i will not name for the sake of keeping my sludge account' said in last week's kerrang that the uk is shit when it comes to girls at shows.

Aren't you 14 years old? It this is true I seriously doubt you have any 'personal experience'.

I can tell you now that there are plenty of girls in the UK who are groupies having seen it with my own 2 eyes through many years of gigging. (I myself am not a groupie but kudos to those confident enough to be one!)

Plus I read the interview in Kerrang you are talking about and maybe girls don't touch them cos they are ugly little tossers with no talent.....
RichHolt
Headlining Clubs

Post by RichHolt »

pizzazz wrote:
RichHoltGuitar wrote:i know from personal experience with every band i play in that UK girls think groupies are 'sick freaks'. And 'the band i will not name for the sake of keeping my sludge account' said in last week's kerrang that the uk is shit when it comes to girls at shows.

Aren't you 14 years old? It this is true I seriously doubt you have any 'personal experience'.

I can tell you now that there are plenty of girls in the UK who are groupies having seen it with my own 2 eyes through many years of gigging. (I myself am not a groupie but kudos to those confident enough to be one!)

Plus I read the interview in Kerrang you are talking about and maybe girls don't touch them cos they are ugly little tossers with no talent.....
a) by personal experience, i mean i've played in bands with guys older than me (16 year olds) who are popualr with girls, but get nowhere with em at shows.

b) I wouldn't know if they were hot or not cos i am not gay, but fair enough. As a girl, you know what you're talkin about wen it comes to liking men, so i guess it's justified they can't get chicks.
cookie
Resident Sexpert

Post by cookie »

Learn to play. If you are good pussy will follow.
And Kid, you have no idea. Really.
One of my ex's is in a band who plays in pubs in buxton and sings covers.
He has to prize them off with a crowbar. (But then he does look like gino d'campo)
Corabi
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Corabi »

Depends on the band member and the girls in the audience. If the band member has the personality onstage (or off it) of a paper bag, then you might not be looking at "enough pussy to go around for at least 5",,,
drops_of_jupiter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

cookie wrote:Learn to play. If you are good pussy will follow.
And Kid, you have no idea. Really.
One of my ex's is in a band who plays in pubs in buxton and sings covers.
He has to prize them off with a crowbar. (But then he does look like gino d'campo)
The bf used to play about 4 nights a week at a blues bar in Soho - he's basically quit the band now, so only plays with them when he's really needed (he's actually got a gig tonight) which has cut his nights down to about once a week.
They only really did covers too. They had about 3 songs of their own but that's it - and they play for 4 hours a night. They had girls everywhere. Mostly young girls - I know for a fact that a few of them had only just turned 15! They played at this bar on NYE in '08 and I was fucking standing right next to him when this french bitch came up and just propositioned him then and there--saying she'd do anything he wanted. And this isn't an unusual thing!!

I'm only speaking for the UK here (central London specifically) but, like cookie said, as long as you can actually play and have enough charisma onstage, after a while, girls'll come.
cookie
Resident Sexpert

Post by cookie »

Honestly my little scouser, I'd suggest waiting till you are 16. Getting a job and paying for hookers at the docks.
You dont seem to care about the music, just getting laid. Working in McDonalds is less time consuming and provides a pension.
PrettyTiedUp
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by PrettyTiedUp »

cookie wrote:Learn to play. If you are good pussy will follow.
This is true. Personally, I don't care if a guy is super hot and in a band if he plays like shit.
Bruce Chickenson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Bruce Chickenson »

I have recieved alot of attention from being the gifted guitarist and all out Legendary looking guy that I am.

But kid, not everyone is this lucky so dont get too down if it doesnt happen for you, not everyone is cut out to be damn great.

Thanks

Bruce.
Ciao

BRUCEAGE

HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

I gigged with my last band fairly often (2-3 shows a month) for 2 years and never once got a girl because of it. We drew decent crowds, but it was punk and that's not really a female scene. I got more action by simply going out drinking and not even talking about being in a band. Actually, all things considered, bands are nowhere near as fun as you are lead to believe. It's a lot of bullshit, bruised egos, and shitty beer.

Me thinks you should just practice your instrument and let life happen to you rather than sitting on google conjecturing about your future 'success'.

I know plenty of dudes in college who fucked more girls than the best guitar players I know. And all they did was get drunk at bars and parties. A lot of serious musicians are introverted and lack that personality that draws women in. I think that's why they pick up an instrument in the first place. If you just want to get laid, you could probably save yourself a lot of money on gear and just do a couple thousand sit ups.
"FUN'S OVER."
MetalAlive
Recording Your Demo

Post by MetalAlive »

When you are sitting in Algebra tomorrow look at the girl on your right or left and strike up a conversation. Chances are pretty good that the convo will get around to sex and then the convo will get good.

Use that to your advantage because girls are looking for the same thing, just for different reasons.
KillaforniaROCKER
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by KillaforniaROCKER »

i would say its a bit different now-a-days then it was in earlier generations

i have older cousins that were rocker dudes in the 80's.
they always say how the feel sorry for me and the generations after AIDS.
they say that the generations after them really dont get to "party" like they did because of it.
they said that AIDs more or less killed/ended the free love party that was started in the 60's. and was building up through the 70's and 80's.

multiple people have told me this. older black dude i work with told me in the 70's you could pull a chick home from a bar/club easily basically every night.

but i dont blame the human psyche in this case-fucking a random-and getting a disease that will ruin your life is a pretty big risk.

but being a lead guitarist-its all about being a fucking showman-do you homework-watch videos. at least you'll be able to pull a pretty hot chick that is probably out of your league but is way into you-always gnarly.

and your 14? - dont come off too desperate to have sex-get yer roxx off...young girls can smell that shit and it wont turn out too good for you..
GypsyCinnamon
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by GypsyCinnamon »

KillaforniaROCKER wrote:and your 14? - dont come off too desperate to have sex-get yer roxx off...young girls can smell that shit and it wont turn out too good for you..
This. Desperation is a major turn off. As is being too smugly over-confident actually - I've been at gigs where someone from the support act has come out from backstage after their set, walked right over to me and come out with the immortal line "wanna fuck?" And they're inevitably younger than me too. Let me tell you, that line doesn't work. Plus - they were the bloody support act, is that meant to impress me?
RichHolt
Headlining Clubs

Post by RichHolt »

MetalAlive wrote:When you are sitting in Algebra tomorrow look at the girl on your right or left and strike up a conversation. Chances are pretty good that the convo will get around to sex and then the convo will get good.

Use that to your advantage because girls are looking for the same thing, just for different reasons.
i sit on a desk with 3 girls in maths... all of them hot. I try your technique every day but it doesn't earn sex. Just them asking too many questions about whether it's true that boys masturbate, and asking what it feels like.
Rodderz
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Rodderz »

cookie wrote: Getting a job and paying for hookers at the docks.
Rich, ive done this and it's shit. Go for the Dream.
Fuck Keith Richards,Fuck all those dudes that 'survived' the 60's, flying around on Learjets livin' up their gunslinger reputation........ You know what Lemmy's doing?? Probably drinking Jack n Coke while writing another record.
cookie
Resident Sexpert

Post by cookie »

RichHoltGuitar wrote:
MetalAlive wrote:When you are sitting in Algebra tomorrow look at the girl on your right or left and strike up a conversation. Chances are pretty good that the convo will get around to sex and then the convo will get good.

i sit on a desk with 3 girls in maths... all of them hot. I try your technique every day but it doesn't earn sex. Just them asking too many questions about whether it's true that boys masturbate, and asking what it feels like.

YOU ARE FOURTEEN.
PrettyTiedUp
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by PrettyTiedUp »

:lol: :lol:
KillaforniaROCKER
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by KillaforniaROCKER »

GypsyCinnamon wrote:
KillaforniaROCKER wrote:and your 14? - dont come off too desperate to have sex-get yer roxx off...young girls can smell that shit and it wont turn out too good for you..
This. Desperation is a major turn off. As is being too smugly over-confident actually - I've been at gigs where someone from the support act has come out from backstage after their set, walked right over to me and come out with the immortal line "wanna fuck?" And they're inevitably younger than me too. Let me tell you, that line doesn't work. Plus - they were the bloody support act, is that meant to impress me?
dude probably thought he was way clever as well..those 2 words formed into a question propositioning sex was his A-game material.
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by 51505150 »

This thread brings the lols.
And teh fails....
Blackie Onassis
As Hot As Any Hottentot

Post by Blackie Onassis »

RichHoltGuitar wrote:

You might be ugly
"I like the black girls best of all" - Lemmy
cookie
Resident Sexpert

Post by cookie »

*SNAP*
Nicole76
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nicole76 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lolzzzzzzzzz

Wow. Rich, you're 14...and naturally, you are curious and don't know much about the opposite sex, or sex in general. And when you're 14...it's all you can think about, as was the case when I was that age.

The problem I see with you, is that you are asking all of these questions about sex and musicians...like being in a band is the only way to get laid.
Try to get chicks by being yourself, not identifying with being in a band. It seems like your obsession with being a rockstar is taking over a lot of aspects in your life and may be getting in the way of, or affecting the interaction you have with girls.

Saying you're in a band all the time, or having that be the only thing you're about, is really off-putting to alot of girls. Don't let that be the only thing that makes you think you can pull chicks. Newsflash...MILLIONS of guys get laid everyday, and they aren't in bands.

If I met a guy, and the only thing he seemed to be about was being in a band...then I would find that guy very shallow and simple. You can be passionate about music and aspire to be in a band, but there are other aspects to life, don't let that bleed into every one of them. Develop other aspects of your personality--ones that will attract and KEEP a girl's interest. Is your average teenage girl going to identify with a guy who only talks/cares about being a rockstar? No. It also sounds to me like you need to work on your game. That's why you get to play. Women seem to be attracted to a man with a guitar...but, if you're lame--have the personality of a wet sock, nobody will want you, even if you're Mick fucking Jagger.

It seems to me that you put off the "simpleton-wannabe rockstar-in a band" vibe." Don't.
Darkangel
Music Fan

Post by Darkangel »

RichHoltGuitar wrote:

so tell them, some girls are into that