WTF Happened to Joe Elliott?!?

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

StyxChick
Wannabe Rocker

WTF Happened to Joe Elliott?!?

Post by StyxChick »

Was just wondering...Happen to see the Behind the Music Remastered on VH1 Classic this past week and they had new interview segments with the band. Joe, ~HOLY SHIT~ is almost unrecognizable. He has gained SO MUCH weight...you can't even tell if he has cheeks anymore...WHAT has happened to him over the past couple of years????? I realize that they just had a baby a few months ago and men can gain "sympathy weight" but....come on!!!!! We want the OLD Joe back! What happened!?! ~tears~
violetbleu
Sister Honky Tonk

Re: WTF Happened to Joe Elliott?!?

Post by violetbleu »

Oh good gravy....this is gonna be uglier than the quintessential Def Leppard fan.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

If you want the old Joe back you're either going to have to go to YouTube and watch old Pyromania shows or put in your dvd of Live In The Round. That was the last time Joe was "the old Joe"
StyxChick
Wannabe Rocker

Post by StyxChick »

I'm not trying to be mean here...I've been a Def Lep fan, especially an Elliott fan, for almost 30 years. I've witnessed their triumphs, I've cried through their heartnreaks...just like any good fan. Joe, however, started to "disappear" before our eyes about five years ago. I've seen them in concert many times since then and he's slowly turning into something completely unrecognizable. I've tried to reason in my head as to why this could possibly be happeening but I just can't do it anymore. Personally, I hold out no hope of really getting the old Joe back. I'm just looking for answers...don't you think being on stage every night would give him the incentive to be in the best physical shape he could be in??? If I was him, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in the shape he is right now! God knows I love Joe...as I'm sure alot of people do...But is there any REAL excuse for what he has let himself turn into???
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:If you want the old Joe back you're either going to have to go to YouTube and watch old Pyromania shows or put in your dvd of Live In The Round. That was the last time Joe was "the old Joe"
sweetsoulsister
Playing in a Garage

Post by sweetsoulsister »

How old is he now, about 50? He's not going to look the same as when he was 25, its a sad fact of life.
Out Of Lurk Mode
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Out Of Lurk Mode »

Of course not. But for the love of god, he could buy a stairmaster or something. All the other guys have stayed fit, and he's supposed to be the front man.
766 ~ One floor up from the beast
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

StyxChick wrote:I've witnessed their triumphs, I've cried through their heartnreaks...just like any good fan.
Just like any MENTAL fan, you mean.
Last edited by EvilRockPosh on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

StyxChick wrote:I'm not trying to be mean here...I've been a Def Lep fan, especially an Elliott fan, for almost 30 years. I've witnessed their triumphs, I've cried through their heartnreaks...just like any good fan. Joe, however, started to "disappear" before our eyes about five years ago. I've seen them in concert many times since then and he's slowly turning into something completely unrecognizable. I've tried to reason in my head as to why this could possibly be happeening but I just can't do it anymore. Personally, I hold out no hope of really getting the old Joe back. I'm just looking for answers...don't you think being on stage every night would give him the incentive to be in the best physical shape he could be in??? If I was him, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in the shape he is right now! God knows I love Joe...as I'm sure alot of people do...But is there any REAL excuse for what he has let himself turn into???
I didn't think you were being mean at all. Joe set the cruise control for McDonald's drive thru about twelve years ago and hasn't looked back since. But I've thought Def Leppard's releases have sucked since Adrenalize. The shows were good for that tour but the records really started to suck. People who find Slang to be some kind of masterpiece are like addicts telling themselves that everything's fine.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

sweetsoulsister wrote:How old is he now, about 50? He's not going to look the same as when he was 25, its a sad fact of life.
Quit making excuses for the glutton

saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

He is ugly at any size.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
StyxChick
Wannabe Rocker

Post by StyxChick »

I agree with what you guys say. Vivian remarked that they travel with a trainer, a massage therapist, and have a juice bar...Elliott looks likes he downs glasses of lard instead of anything helathy! I agree with "cruise control through McDonald's". After all, didn't he once say that he was hooked on KFC and Goober??? Are we to think that those are still main stays of his diet? Looking at recent photos, I would say so...
StyxChick
Wannabe Rocker

Post by StyxChick »

saracapri wrote:He is ugly at any size.
Back in his hey day, he was as HOT as they come...not so much anymore :( Joe what did you do to yourself???
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

He was never hot.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
EvilRockPosh

Post by EvilRockPosh »

He's always looked like a bricklayer.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
violetbleu
Sister Honky Tonk

Post by violetbleu »

His bangs angered me.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Get real, violet. I know you wanted to get with THIS:

violetbleu
Sister Honky Tonk

Post by violetbleu »

OH MY GOD. That was the exact outfit I was thinking about when I remembered how much I hated his hair. Looks like who ever cut it also designed his outfit. Was his cat was using his shins as scratching posts?
PrettyTiedUp
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by PrettyTiedUp »

How some can find that hot is beyond me.

Really young Joe was cute, but this? DO NOT WANT.
StyxChick
Wannabe Rocker

Post by StyxChick »

Joe was cute...always referred to him as "sex on a stick"...until after Adrenalize. Even liked what he looked like in Slang. When they did the videos for X I thought he looked good again. Last time I saw him look "good" in concert was probably...umm let me think ~scratching my head here, thinking REAL hard~ was probably...~lol~ I'm being REALLY kind here...was 2005 or 2006 even though he was kind of on the chunky side I thought he looked good. ~makes me want to sit down and cry~
PrettyTiedUp wrote:How some can find that hot is beyond me.

Really young Joe was cute, but this? DO NOT WANT.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

violetbleu wrote:OH MY GOD. That was the exact outfit I was thinking about when I remembered how much I hated his hair. Looks like who ever cut it also designed his outfit. Was his cat was using his shins as scratching posts?
Oh come on, the Sex Pistols shirt just tells you that he is so punk rock, he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. But gotta keep in neat by tucking it in. And wearing a belt. And glitzy jeans. Plus the super 'do...mullet permed bleached and blowdryed.

Seriously, Leptards, did you really blow this guy? :lol:
EvilRockPosh

Post by EvilRockPosh »

saracapri wrote:The Sex Pistols shirt just tells you that he is so punk rock, he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. But gotta keep in neat by tucking it in.
:lol:

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
violetbleu
Sister Honky Tonk

Post by violetbleu »

saracapri wrote:Oh come on, the Sex Pistols shirt just tells you that he is so punk rock, he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. But gotta keep in neat by tucking it in.
Of course its tucked in. Just because he's a punk rocker doesn't mean he has to be untidy.
fuchsiagroan
Music Fan

Post by fuchsiagroan »

You people talk such shit on here. Joe is not overweight - he exercises and takes care of himself. He looks like an attractive 50 year old bloke. Your attitude on here is what leads to kids having serious issues with their weight.
Out Of Lurk Mode

Finally the Leptards start crawling out of the woodwork.
kuken
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by kuken »

dude loves wine just a little too much.
Out Of Lurk Mode

I know his wife just had a baby but damn she's the one that's suppose to get fat not him.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EvilRockPosh wrote:He's always looked like a bricklayer.
Well he is from Sheffield.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Nicole76
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nicole76 »

What is a bricklayer? And how do actual bricklayers feel, having their profession used in such a derogatory way!? :P

Joe was cute up until Hysteria. Always looked a bit like an old asian woman though. But hey, if that's your thing...
GoonGoddessExtraordinarre
Picking a Band Name

Post by GoonGoddessExtraordinarre »

:lol: That outfit is pretty bad. I can deal with the scratched up parts of the jeans but are those rhinestones or sequins?! That's just weird. I thought he was attractive in the 80's but I didn't like it when his hair got super long. I could also do without the bangs.

And I do think if you're fronting a rock band that sells a fair amount of tickets that you should make an effort to keep yourself from getting fat.
fuchsiagroan
Music Fan

Post by fuchsiagroan »

pieceofme wrote:Well he is from Sheffield.
And how many times have you been to Sheffield? And what do you know about the people who live here? Fuck all, I bet.