Steel Panther

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rodderz
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Steel Panther

Post by Rodderz »

A girl I know has got backstage passes to the Download festival from her friend who "bangs Steel Panther when they are in the country".

Is this likely?
Fuck Keith Richards,Fuck all those dudes that 'survived' the 60's, flying around on Learjets livin' up their gunslinger reputation........ You know what Lemmy's doing?? Probably drinking Jack n Coke while writing another record.
SinCityQuennie
Playing in a Garage

Re: Steel Panther

Post by SinCityQuennie »

As likely as the Pope being Catholic...even cover bands need groupie love!
this party's too wild for me, baby...as soon as I find my panties, I'm outta here!
SuchaDelite
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by SuchaDelite »

The boys aren't known for being sluts, but I'd be inclined to believe it. Guys do a lot of things they don't normally do when they think they're far away enough from their spouses...

Ralph has always been a sweetheart.
StefsRockShow
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by StefsRockShow »

LOL. this def happened.

<3 those guys
Switchkitten
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Switchkitten »

I personally don't understand how this band plays anywhere. They suck in the most annoying way and aren't good looking in the least. If it wasn't for the females at the show they wouldn't even have an act. Pretty lame even for a D-List cover band.
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

Switchkitten wrote:I personally don't understand how this band plays anywhere. They suck in the most annoying way and aren't good looking in the least. If it wasn't for the females at the show they wouldn't even have an act. Pretty lame even for a D-List cover band.
They're actually great musicians & this D-List cover band happens to make more money than a lot of so-called A-list bands.
Switchkitten

Post by Switchkitten »

I don't care how good they are when they play real music in their bedrooms, when they play that crap as their act, they suck. I could care less how much they make. Robert Plant takes the cake over them any day and could probably buy them and their entire family. Now THAT is $$$. It's called hierarchy.

PS - You can't buy good taste.
lolo66
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by lolo66 »

Seriously???? I have no idea who these fuckers are but I googled and this came up. Fuckin hawt!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by lolo66 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

Switchkitten wrote:I don't care how good they are when they play real music in their bedrooms, when they play that crap as their act, they suck. I could care less how much they make. Robert Plant takes the cake over them any day and could probably buy them and their entire family. Now THAT is $$$. It's called hierarchy.

Who cares, none of us is fucking Robert Plant here, are we? I never got me any Robert Plants but I did hang out w/ Jimmy Page back when he toured w/ Black Crowes and he was a fucking CREEPER. So yeah.
lolo66
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by lolo66 »

SuchaDelite wrote:
Switchkitten wrote:I don't care how good they are when they play real music in their bedrooms, when they play that crap as their act, they suck. I could care less how much they make. Robert Plant takes the cake over them any day and could probably buy them and their entire family. Now THAT is $$$. It's called hierarchy.

Who cares, none of us is fucking Robert Plant here, are we? I never got me any Robert Plants but I did hang out w/ Jimmy Page back when he toured w/ Black Crowes and he was a fucking CREEPER. So yeah.

Elaborate....pretty please??
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

lolo66 wrote:
SuchaDelite wrote:

PM sent.
SinCityQuennie
Playing in a Garage

Post by SinCityQuennie »

I am sorry...but if these guys are such great musicians, why are they not making the massive amounts of money they are supposedly taking home doing their own original songs? If you ask me, they are not even close to D-list and are simply trapped in musical purgatory by being in a cover band. I hate cover bands! They are Z listers and limited at best by being in a cover band and must not be fully confident in their own abilities if this is the best they can acheive.

And for making more than some A-listers? I think that is an exaggeration. How could they possibly take home more than lets say, Metallica? I have no doubt, as I have seen many of the tour accountings from this band, that the Metallica boys take home more after one show than these guys do all year. Same goes for Robert Plant. He will make more on the few dates he has booked this year than Steele Panther could hope to make in 5 or 10 years. Not to mention that every time Steele Panther plays a cover song, the band that wrote it gets $$ for it as every one who plays other artits' music pays the royalties some how.

But the real difference is the fact that both of these original (Metallica and Robert) bands are actual artists who write the songs Steele Panther may cover one day. You cannot put a musical gypsy like Robert Plant in the same category as one that masters riffs or lyrics some one else wrote. There is no soul or creativity to copy catting. Switch Kitten is right...there is a heirarchy in this rock world. You can in no way shape or form categorise any cover band with a true artist...even Ripper Owens was a hired hand. And he has a huge voice and sang for the real band his covered! Great guy...but hired hand none the less and even he knew it.

And as for bedding Robert Plant, oh, Such...what an experience that man is! Nummy numm numm numm all the way home every single time! But...don't be too quick to think that the man does not still enjoy groupie company. He does. So one never knows...

And as for Jimmy being creepy...he must have been in his Mr. McGregor mood that night...and that freaks even me out a little! ;) Poor girl! But then again, during that tour is when he found out about the issue with his back and previous to cancelling the rest of that tour for surgery, Jimmy was on medication for the pain. So, that alone could make him a little, eh, quirkier!
this party's too wild for me, baby...as soon as I find my panties, I'm outta here!
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

Sin, we're on fucking Metal Sludge. Let's keep it in the context, huh? When I said "so-called A-list bands" I'm not exactly talking about Led Zeppelin. Speaking of, I know a thing or two about pain meds as some of you know and believe me, Jimmy Page wasn't a creeper because of that...

>He will make more on the few dates he has booked this year than Steele Panther could hope to make in 5 or 10 years. Not to mention that every time Steele Panther plays a cover song, the band that wrote it gets $$ for it as every one who plays other artits' music pays the royalties some how.

If you knew what the boys get paid per night to play Key Club or HOB - you would not make that statement. 5 to 10 years? Come on. I too know concert promoters (who doesn't, if you've been around anywhere?) and I know RP doesn't pull that kind of money per show, not by himself. Not to mention Steel Panther the band itself does NOT pay any other bands - cover bands do not have to pay other bands in performance royalty, you should know that.

Steel Panther is a parody cover band - no more no less - comprised of funny, talented guys who happen to be great musicians. What's so hard to get? Bringing Led Zep, etc. into discussion is plain silly.
Switchkitten

Post by Switchkitten »

Sin, we're on fucking Metal Sludge. Let's keep it in the context, huh? When I said "so-called A-list bands" I'm not exactly talking about Led Zeppelin. Speaking of, I know a thing or two about pain meds as some of you know and believe me, Jimmy Page wasn't a creeper because of that...

>He will make more on the few dates he has booked this year than Steele Panther could hope to make in 5 or 10 years. Not to mention that every time Steele Panther plays a cover song, the band that wrote it gets $$ for it as every one who plays other artits' music pays the royalties some how.

If you knew what the boys get paid per night to play Key Club or HOB - you would not make that statement. 5 to 10 years? Come on. I too know concert promoters (who doesn't, if you've been around anywhere?) and I know RP doesn't pull that kind of money per show, not by himself. Not to mention Steel Panther the band itself does NOT pay any other bands - cover bands do not have to pay other bands in performance royalty, you should know that.

Steel Panther is a parody cover band - no more no less - comprised of funny, talented guys who happen to be great musicians. What's so hard to get? Bringing Led Zep, etc. into discussion is plain silly.
You didn't elaborate, you said "A-list bands". A-list bands are A-list bands, no back peddling necessary. And yes, even if she knew what SP made, Sin would still make that statement. Hate to break it to you, but Robert DOES make that kind of money per show, himself, I know it kills you, but deal. We will not even get into residuals for all the material he has been on, which goes for all A-bands. That alone would wipe out whatever fantasy SP think that they are raking it in compared to the real deal. I can't believe you are even debating this fact.
When you bring up that SP make more then A-list bands, a band like Metallica or Led Zeppelin will be brought up as they are the real A-listers! Who is the silly one now?
Stacks
Music Fan

Post by Stacks »

I too think they are actually great musicians. Ralph has a great voice and the guitar player Satchel (his real name escapes me at the moment) is actually really skilled. As far as the money goes, I have no idea about that. LOL. But they are exactly what you think they are - a parody band meant to poke fun at that whole era. And I think it's hilarious! :lol:

And I second Ralph being a total sweetheart!
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

Switchkitten wrote:You didn't elaborate, you said "A-list bands". A-list bands are A-list bands, no back peddling necessary. And yes, even if she knew what SP made, Sin would still make that statement. Hate to break it to you, but Robert DOES make that kind of money per show, himself, I know it kills you, but deal.[/color]
I actually wrote "so-called A-list bands" but honestly I don't care to argue semantics... you can have it.

It doesn't kill me at all... I happen to be a fan of Led Zep like every other rock'n'roll fan & I also happen to know concert maths better than some other groupies. Look at the kind of venues RP is playing... he's playing theaters. I don't have to know his accountant to know that he's not getting paid millions per show. Maybe in your fantasy world... and if Led Zep does get together one of these days, but not by himself.
Switchkitten

Post by Switchkitten »

I also happen to know concert maths better than some other groupies. Look at the kind of venues RP is playing... he's playing theaters. I don't have to know his accountant to know that he's not getting paid millions per show. Maybe in your fantasy world... and if Led Zep does get together one of these days, but not by himself.

Concert math(s) (as you say), is off and when you are RP you can command a higher amount. When the Rolling Stones toured the HOB you think they got crap pay because they were in small clubs? Enough said.
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

Switchkitten wrote: Concert math(s) (as you say), is off and when you are RP you can command a higher amount. When the Rolling Stones toured the HOB you think they got crap pay because they were in small clubs? Enough said.
You're not terribly bright. Have you actually been involved in any artist booking? It doesn't matter if it's God himself, promoters don't want to lose money, bottom line. RP is charging $70-80 @ 2-3K seaters. Add to that the cost of rider (which isn't cheap, it is RP after all) backline, etc. Doesn't take a genius to figure out RP isn't getting paid the kind of money you're fantasizing about. Not to mention your Stones comparison is completely off... Stones regularly play arenas and a club tour is clearly a novelty, while RP's usual venues are theaters & amphitheaters.

I'd stick to talking about what you actually know.
StefsRockShow
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by StefsRockShow »

Steel Panther gets mad ass..... even in bathrooms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k_EtdX5uxU
STONEBREED
"May The Horsebeef With You!"

Post by STONEBREED »

We opened for Steel Panther last month at the House Of Blues in Hollywood! And we have another show coming up with them at the Key Club! Check out or band STONEBREED from Hollywood Ca! http://www.myspace.com/stonebreed
Were also in a contest to open for KISS in Phoenix, if you gotta second we sure could use your vote! http://www.eventful.com/competitions/kiss2010/phoenix
Switchkitten

Post by Switchkitten »

You're not terribly bright. Have you actually been involved in any artist booking? It doesn't matter if it's God himself, promoters don't want to lose money, bottom line. RP is charging $70-80 @ 2-3K seaters. Add to that the cost of rider (which isn't cheap, it is RP after all) backline, etc. Doesn't take a genius to figure out RP isn't getting paid the kind of money you're fantasizing about. Not to mention your Stones comparison is completely off... Stones regularly play arenas and a club tour is clearly a novelty, while RP's usual venues are theaters & amphitheaters.

I'd stick to talking about what you actually know.
Been away awhile and come back to see this. Eat your words. I have booked many A-list bands, have even worked out 100% take home pay of merch sales, almost unheard of. RP struck a flat rate deal for what he is getting on this tour and no matter what they are charging, he is getting paid what he is, which I know is definitively more then your math(s) calculations. My Stones comparison is NOT off as they DID play a club tour and so get off your high horse and deal with that fact. They made bank on that novelty of a tour and I brought it up as a good comparison with RP. I'll stick to talking about the fact I have been in the music industry since I was a teenager and still am in it and have dealt with more A-list acts then you could ever dream of. Being that I've been in it almost my whole life, I know a thing or two more then you'd like to believe. Carry on with the D-listers!
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

Switchkitten wrote: Been away awhile and come back to see this. Eat your words. I have booked many A-list bands, have even worked out 100% take home pay of merch sales, almost unheard of. RP struck a flat rate deal for what he is getting on this tour and no matter what they are charging, he is getting paid what he is, which I know is definitively more then your math(s) calculations. My Stones comparison is NOT off as they DID play a club tour and so get off your high horse and deal with that fact. They made bank on that novelty of a tour and I brought it up as a good comparison with RP. I'll stick to talking about the fact I have been in the music industry since I was a teenager and still am in it and have dealt with more A-list acts then you could ever dream of. Being that I've been in it almost my whole life, I know a thing or two more then you'd like to believe. Carry on with the D-listers!
You're *really* impressing me. Keep going.

So with whom did RP strike a "flat rate deal"? How much is RP's guarantee per show on this tour? Since you're such an insider and all ;)

Be careful - some of us don't have to be in the industry to know the shit and hang w/ A-listers.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong
Queen Bee

Post by CrouchingStonerHiddenBong »

Fuck that shit - I'm more interested in hearing how Switchkitten communicates with Steve Clark from beyond the grave. Now THAT shit is impressive.
tym wrote:She makes My air head 11 year old Girl look like Nikita Tesla.
Switchkitten

Post by Switchkitten »

Fuck that shit - I'm more interested in hearing how Switchkitten communicates with Steve Clark from beyond the grave. Now THAT shit is impressive.
Boo hoo, I'm so crushed. :lol:
Switchkitten

Post by Switchkitten »

So with whom did RP strike a "flat rate deal"? How much is RP's guarantee per show on this tour? Since you're such an insider and all

Be careful - some of us don't have to be in the industry to know the shit and hang w/ A-listers.
I've been both in the industry and outside of it. Best of both worlds. It's called sponsorships bitch, look it up.
soul sister
Forming a Band

Post by soul sister »

SuchaDelite wrote:
lolo66 wrote:

PM sent.[/quote]
May I have a pm too? Pretty please w/ sugar on top? :)
cumshot wrote: im a guy with big brass balls
soul sister
Forming a Band

Post by soul sister »

Stacks wrote:I too think they are actually great musicians. Ralph has a great voice and the guitar player Satchel (his real name escapes me at the moment) is actually really skilled. As far as the money goes, I have no idea about that. LOL. But they are exactly what you think they are - a parody band meant to poke fun at that whole era. And I think it's hilarious! :lol:

And I second Ralph being a total sweetheart!
I agree. I could do w/o the nasty jokes, though.

I know that the singer was offered to sing for a pretty big 80's band, but turned it down b/c he makes good steady $ w/ SP. Not as much as Robert Plant, of course.
cumshot wrote: im a guy with big brass balls
SuchaDelite

Post by SuchaDelite »

CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:Fuck that shit - I'm more interested in hearing how Switchkitten communicates with Steve Clark from beyond the grave. Now THAT shit is impressive.
Peaches redux?
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Stacks wrote:I too think they are actually great musicians. Ralph has a great voice and the guitar player Satchel (his real name escapes me at the moment)
russ parish. he played in fight with rob halford.

and they've changed their set list since they put out an album of originals. most of the set is originals now. the first 2 shows the played in vancouver they didn't play ANY covers.

k.w.
shocker
Last edited by Kid-Wicked on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwtCherriPie05
Wannabe Rocker

Post by SwtCherriPie05 »

The word is that they are pretty faithful to their wives. But, anything is possible.