Were you allowed to date outside of your race?

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Babydoll
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Were you allowed to date outside of your race?

Post by Babydoll »

I thought I would bring it up here instead of the lounge because this subject seems like it would have been more of an issue for the girls rather than the guys-although maybe even some guys may have had restrictions put on them too.
The subject was brought up recently with some of my friends, I grew up with them in the same small midwestern town and many of us are still in the area born around 77'. There was/still is a mainly white population around here so the subject of dating another race didn't come up too much, and for most of us (including me) it was not a option-class issues came up more than race.

So how was it for everyone else growing up? Did you have restrictions on who you dated either by race, religion, or class or were your parents okay with that as long as they were good to you? If you have kids how do you treat the subject with them?
lemmyswart2

Re: Were you allowed to date outside of your race?

Post by lemmyswart2 »

HAHA in HS I had a Black Girlfriend and when she called you knew there was a blackgirl on the line. My mom answered one time and she goes....Who was that? I was like thats my gf ...moms like uh huh...whats she look like? I knew where this was going so i had to have fun .I was like she's about 5'5 and 125 lbs and my mom goes nooooooo you know what I mean. It was fuckin funny! Then I got this big lecture on how my grandparents would disown me ect.
we only dated a month or so and I hit it.
My cousin is a typical white welfare mammy, big and fat with 6 half black kids all by different guy's and my grandparents never said a word. So much for being disowned.
SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run
Location: Finland, Greenland, Iceland, And anwhere else RPB thinks of.

Post by SanityClause »

I had no restrictions but I once dated an Indian girl (the Apu variety) and her brothers weren't too happy about it. I was only 15 at the time and her brothers were between 18 and 24. They threatened me with a good kicking, so I backed off.
Needless to say, me and my friends did do a nice number on their taxi cabs. Must be nice to turn up for work to see all your cars with slashed tyres and broken windows.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

No restrictions, but when I was a kid, here were few foreigners. Mostly foreign exchange students.
drops_of_jupiter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

Its always bugged me when people use the term 'race' when describing different ethnicities. I date members of the human race.
As far as different ethnicities goes, it's never been a big deal, ever. I've had three serious relationships, only one of those guys was 'English'. Well, kinda. He had some Nordic Viking blood. One was half Mauritian and the other Greek Cypriot. Out of all my siblings, I'm the only one who's dated other ethnicities - as long as he's a decent guy, it's all good.
gregster
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by gregster »

When I was racing the 100 metres I was dating a chick running the marathon......does that count?
lemmyswart2

Post by lemmyswart2 »

Lets not confuse ethnicity with nationality/country/relgion of origin in this thread
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Pfft. I was not allowed to date at all.

Which is why I am now a total whore. :wink:
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

drops_of_jupiter wrote:Its always bugged me when people use the term 'race' when describing different ethnicities. I date members of the human race.
No.
You date members of the human species.
Race is a very well established term for distinct groupings within a species.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

It was "allowed", but not exactly encouraged.
arment
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by arment »

East Indian here (Apu variety :)). Dated a blonde. We're going on 6 years of marriage so far.
"This is an English f*cking Flag and these colours do not f*cking run " - Bruce Dickinson, Aug 20, 2005
"F*cking Death Before F*cking Dishonour, My Friends" - Bruce Dickinson, Aug 20, 2005
Nevoeiro
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevoeiro »

My family is very conservative. They never officially told me nothing about dating outside of my race, but i know what to expect if I fall in love with the wrong woman.
missrockergirl
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by missrockergirl »

kinda
Last edited by missrockergirl on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lemmyswart2

Post by lemmyswart2 »

missrockergirl wrote:Actually when I was in my teens I only liked black guys and I am white, well half italian/irish/indian. My mom didn't mind that I liked black guys, but my dad never supported it. He would always tell me why not to, and get mad about it. I lived with my mom, so at least I didn't have to hear it everyday from him. I used to be into hiphop/r&b music in the 90s when I was a teen, but now my tastes have changed and I am not particulary attracted to black guys like I used to be, but I wouldn't rule out dating any race. Who you fall in love with shouldnt be based on color, but the person that they are.
italian and irish are not a race they are a nationality
SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run
Location: Finland, Greenland, Iceland, And anwhere else RPB thinks of.

Post by SanityClause »

arment wrote:East Indian here (Apu variety :)). Dated a blonde. We're going on 6 years of marriage so far.
Congrats :)
EvilQueen
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by EvilQueen »

no it was never an issue with me. I date people of all races and nationalities. yeah spelling not my strong point.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Not a problem. I'm a bit younger than many here, and that's probably reflected in my parents' attitudes. They are extremely liberal about that kind of thing, and likewise had I been gay (what do you mean, 'had you?' I head you say) they wouldn't have cared.

Anyway, have dated girls from many ethnicities and backgrounds, including East Indian and Japanese. However, in February this year I married a beautiful woman, who amongst many other things, also happens to be black. For the record, I am as white as the newly driven snow.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by grishnak boss »

i can testify that cliffboyford is as yellow as a highway sign
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
cookie
Resident Sexpert

Post by cookie »

It was never an issue. Because I'm a massive racist.

Not really :lol:
greengage
Music Fan

Post by greengage »

I was, most of my partners have been of a different ethnicity/race/what have you to me. My parents were ok with it, but then again, I'm black and they were white.

The only time my mum got on one was when I introduced her to a boyfriend who was wearing ripped jeans. She was not remotely impressed. He was never allowed back in the house.
MotleyMaiden
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MotleyMaiden »

My parents would not have had an issue as long as he was a good person. I can pretty much say that my parents would rather I have married a decent black man than the douchbag white guy I married that they hated.
http://avatars.jurko.net/
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Love dogs. Hate Trump supporters
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

I don't think my parents would have liked it. I was never really attracted to guys outside of my race anyway. And no, I'm not a fucking bigot. Just not attracted.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

mrsnikkisixx wrote:I don't think my parents would have liked it. I was never really attracted to guys outside of my race anyway. And no, I'm not a fucking bigot. Just not attracted.
But your parents were bigots, right?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

CliffByford wrote:
mrsnikkisixx wrote:I don't think my parents would have liked it. I was never really attracted to guys outside of my race anyway. And no, I'm not a fucking bigot. Just not attracted.
But your parents were bigots, right?
Yeah, you can say they took umbrage with members of a different race. The subject never came up anyway, because I only dated white guys.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

jodi wrote:Pfft. I was not allowed to date at all.

Which is why I am now a total whore. :wink:
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Winter
Headlining Clubs

Post by Winter »

How you doin?
BarneyPipe wrote:
HEY!!!! Danny Partridge is the greatest bass player of all time. He was so fast it looked like his hand wasn't even moving.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Race, not species. Back off.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Dance4U
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Dance4U »

Where I grew up, there were only white people so it would be impossible. There were American Indians on reservations, but that was kind of looked down upon. I believe they have changed the history books now so it paints a true picture of what really happened here in the USA.
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Post by AcillateM »

Redman77 wrote:Race, not species. Back off.
:lol:
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"