Buying Bras

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Inessence
Platinum Artist

Buying Bras

Post by Inessence »

I'd almost rather have my tits removed. How do you all handle the fun? it doesn't help the selection process when they're big'uns ether. I'm getting tired of sports bras here. Sorry boys, no pics.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Re: Buying Bras

Post by jodi »

I hate it when I luck out and find a bra that's both comfortable and nice looking only to find there is only one bra in stock in that size and style. Or that it's a discontinued item. Also how can I be one cup size in one brand and another size in a different brand? Yeah, I spend most of my time wearing sports bras too.
NativeTampon
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by NativeTampon »

I hate underwires with a passion, but after many years I've discovered that Vanity Fair makes the bras that best fit me (38C) without those annoying metal or plastic pieces underneath!!! I've seen the wireless ones from them go up to 42DD if that helps for the big'uns!
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

I detest underwires. Though these D cups probably need them.
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

I hate underwires too, unfortunately, I haven't been able to find bras in my size without them.

Thanks Howard Hughes. :x
rawkerfourtyfive
Playing Frat Parties

Post by rawkerfourtyfive »

michelish wrote:i'm sick to death of everything being padded!!! even the bras that have removable pads are fucking padded! i need a new bra for a function on saturday so i've been looking around for the past few days. it has been frustrating as hell.
It helps for chicks like me who otherwise, would be totally flat.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

rawkerfourtyfive wrote:
michelish wrote:i'm sick to death of everything being padded!!! even the bras that have removable pads are fucking padded! i need a new bra for a function on saturday so i've been looking around for the past few days. it has been frustrating as hell.
I don't mind a little light lining to keep the nips from showing full beam. Padding I could do without though.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Inessence wrote:
rawkerfourtyfive wrote:
I don't mind a little light lining to keep the nips from showing full beam. Padding I could do without though.
I agree. Padding is impractical in warmer climates; some light lining can be a good thing at times.
Underwires. Urgh. I recently bought 2 bras that were comfortable in the changing stall and pretty. Then I found out the underwires rolled while I was wearing them on a regular day. I wonder, if I removed the underwires, would they still be wearable?
Last edited by jodi on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

It depends on how/where you carry the weight in your boobs and what size you are. And also the brand of the bra and the fabric it's made out of.

I've removed the wires from some of mine, and they didn't hold up my boobs as well.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Anyone try Nordstrom's? Slim pickings for finer stores around here. I'm still trying to find that "perfect bra" I can stock up on.
HotsOnForNowhere
Location: In the white room with black curtains near the station

Post by HotsOnForNowhere »

Nordstrom is a good store but Bergdorf might be better for lingerie if you have one of those near you. SPANX has a line of bras that I've heard good things about as far as comfort and fit.
"Life is like Sanskrit read to a pony" ~ Lou Reed
krazeebaybee
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by krazeebaybee »

Some time ago I "treated" myself to a proper fitting at a specialty store.

I ended up spending almost $300 on two bras. It hit me hard in the wallet, but 'the girls" have never looked better. I'm a fan of European made bras as opposed to those made in North America.

(The $300 was cheap in comparison to others that were WAY more expensive.)

If you're in the Toronto area and willing to shell out a few bucks check out Secrets From Your Sister. http://www.secretsfromyoursister.com/
(They have regular sales and the prices aren't as bad; get on their mailing list.)

Also check out Fig Leaves. TONS of styles, sizes etc,. and not nearly as costly.
http://www.figleaves.com/uk/ (That's the UK site, being from Canada that's where I have to go for some stupid reason; Google their US site...well worth it.)
You'll do it the way any self-respecting woman does. Lay on your back, point your heels to Jesus and think of handbags.
motleybelle
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by motleybelle »

The Cacique line from Lane Bryant is also really nice for us larger busted ladies. They have some really pretty styles, and most in the $40 range.

http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus- ... /index.cat
Metal_Mistress

Post by Metal_Mistress »

Ah, somewhere I can vent my bra frustration...

Earlier today in fact, I was searching the internet for some decent bras. Why the fuck would these 'designers' think that women with big breasts need padding in a bra? If you're making big sizes, don't fucking pad them as well, dickheads!

Also, do they really think that those skinny fucking straps are gonna be any good to large heavy tits? Really?! Fucking idiots. I can understand why you'd put skinny straps on a small sizes, they don't need all that support, but for fuck's sake, FFs and Gs need something to hold them up that isn't going to dig into your shoulders. Pricks.

I'm sure there was something else, but I can't think of it right now.
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

Some of you perturbed gals are making me want to open Hammy's Büstenhalter Emporium. I'd offer only the highest-quality flopper stoppers – customized, hands-on fitting session included so your sweet, sweet jubblies can nestle in cottony blend comfort.

Staying on the subject of your dinglebobbers, this morning I came across (heh) this blurb about the ideal spacing between your nipples. Get out those tape measures and report back with the precise distance between your glass cutters.

Winter
Headlining Clubs

Post by Winter »

Metal_Mistress wrote:Ah, somewhere I can vent my bra frustration...

Earlier today in fact, I was searching the internet for some decent bras. Why the fuck would these 'designers' think that women with big breasts need padding in a bra? If you're making big sizes, don't fucking pad them as well, dickheads!

Also, do they really think that those skinny fucking straps are gonna be any good to large heavy tits? Really?! Fucking idiots. I can understand why you'd put skinny straps on a small sizes, they don't need all that support, but for fuck's sake, FFs and Gs need something to hold them up that isn't going to dig into your shoulders. Pricks.

I'm sure there was something else, but I can't think of it right now.

^^^^^HAHA!!! So true!!

I usually have pretty good luck at Victoria's Secret. They have a few bra's that are perfect for me....complete with underwire and a little padding for the nips as mentioned. If I wanna go cheap...Walmart for Vassarette bra's.
Maidenform has a few that are as good as any.
For you girls that have the huge boobies.....what about the 18 hr bra that has PADDED STRAPS? Never tried them cus I feel like Im shopping in the grandma dept at Sears.
BarneyPipe wrote:
HEY!!!! Danny Partridge is the greatest bass player of all time. He was so fast it looked like his hand wasn't even moving.
motleybelle

Post by motleybelle »

I wear a 36 DDD, and while that is not huge, I did try the padded straps. They were ok, but I didn't really see any difference in the comfort level.

I get the majority of my bras at Lane Bryant. They seem to fit bigger cup sizes better than what can be found at VS or Fredericks.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Sucks all the Lane Bryant's closed around me and moved to the outlet mall 30 minutes away. Guess I'll make the trip soon.
motleybelle

Post by motleybelle »

Inessence wrote:Sucks all the Lane Bryant's closed around me and moved to the outlet mall 30 minutes away. Guess I'll make the trip soon.

Check their website. They are running a good sale right now.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

motleybelle wrote:
Inessence wrote:Sucks all the Lane Bryant's closed around me and moved to the outlet mall 30 minutes away. Guess I'll make the trip soon.

Check their website. They are running a good sale right now.
Shitty thing about bras is you MUST try them on first. Unless they offer free returns, in which case I'll check them out.

ETA: You can return them at the store. Not bad.
NativeTampon

Post by NativeTampon »

Here's a good article about recommendations for wire-free bras for those OVER a "C" cup

http://www.bigbustsupport.com/wireless_bras.html
Blue Steel
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Blue Steel »

fapping to this thread while typing
Babydoll

Post by Babydoll »

rawkerfourtyfive wrote:
Same here. I'm a big B small C-ish and they would look bigger if I lost weight on the rest of me but being a big girl they don't stand out as much.
I hate it when you start to feel a poke on your boob and you realize the underwire is starting to poke through, then you have to take the other out to even them out.
crooked soul
Headlining Clubs

Post by crooked soul »

Bra shopping is fuckin ridiculous these days.. and it seems to get worse
I too cannot stand padded bras.. they are like pillows.. I don't want pillows.. and I don't want to look double the size I already am..
I have a hard enough time trying to find tops to wear..
they are making everything for little kids - you know there is a problem when you are trying to try on tops and you can't get them past your shoulders

I don't understand why they just won't make normal bras like they used to.. heck I could find awesome ones 10 years ago.. now it is getting rare to find bras to fit and look good.. and not look like I am wearing bandages/gauzes..
padding sucks.. and I agree with the posts above -
if I already have boobs why do I fuckin' want "extra" paddings..
underwires are ok.. as they do support - but make the cup big enough so I can support myself without spillage
I used to be able to find these awesome Ralph Lauren bras that were perfect but they stopped making them
it seems they are making bras for children now... can't fit in them..
good thing I bought a whole bunch of bras a while back that I am storing away.. but I am always on the lookout for the perfect one..
<><
ImageImage
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Yesterday, I went to LB's and bought two of their Cacique line bras without padding and underwire. Oh, for some reason every single one of their bras has tons of padding except for the kind I got. :? Opened an account so walked out with 2 bras and three packages of socks for $52. Today, I no longer have a uni-boob. :) Thanks everyone!
motleybelle

Post by motleybelle »

Awesome!
Inessence wrote:Yesterday, I went to LB's and bought two of their Cacique line bras without padding and underwire. Oh, for some reason every single one of their bras has tons of padding except for the kind I got. :? Opened an account so walked out with 2 bras and three packages of socks for $52. Today, I no longer have a uni-boob. :) Thanks everyone!
Winter
Headlining Clubs

Post by Winter »

Inessence wrote:Yesterday, I went to LB's and bought two of their Cacique line bras without padding and underwire. Oh, for some reason every single one of their bras has tons of padding except for the kind I got. :? Opened an account so walked out with 2 bras and three packages of socks for $52. Today, I no longer have a uni-boob. :) Thanks everyone!
omg!! A uni-boob! hahahahahahahaha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BarneyPipe wrote:
HEY!!!! Danny Partridge is the greatest bass player of all time. He was so fast it looked like his hand wasn't even moving.
drops_of_jupiter

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

It's a freakin nightmare. I've really become fed up with buying bras - I hate the fact that I have to go to speciality shops and can't just buy cheap-ass ones in high street stores like a lot of my friends. It's just that the sizing is awkward - I have a a small back size but larger cups.
I used to work in a lingerie store and the cup sizes they had almost fitted me - I ideally needed bras that were 2 cup sizes bigger. But the uni-boob isn't so bad, if I wear baggy-ish t-shirts.
I have never purchased anything from figleaves - the website that Kraz linked, however, I know that they've got good stuff.
I almost always buy my bras from Bravissimo. There's a couple of stores here in London. I always need to try bras before I purchase them - I find that they can vary quite a bit depending on the brand (Panache, Triumph, Myla, Ultimo etc).
There's this new-ish range that Bravissimo stock called Curvy Kate. Fits like a dream and they're pretty too!: http://www.curvykate.com/
crooked soul
Headlining Clubs

Post by crooked soul »

drops_of_jupiter wrote:It's a freakin nightmare. I've really become fed up with buying bras - I hate the fact that I have to go to speciality shops and can't just buy cheap-ass ones in high street stores like a lot of my friends. It's just that the sizing is awkward - I have a a small back size but larger cups.
I used to work in a lingerie store and the cup sizes they had almost fitted me - I ideally needed bras that were 2 cup sizes bigger. But the uni-boob isn't so bad, if I wear baggy-ish t-shirts.
I have never purchased anything from figleaves - the website that Kraz linked, however, I know that they've got good stuff.
I almost always buy my bras from Bravissimo. There's a couple of stores here in London. I always need to try bras before I purchase them - I find that they can vary quite a bit depending on the brand (Panache, Triumph, Myla, Ultimo etc).
There's this new-ish range that Bravissimo stock called Curvy Kate. Fits like a dream and they're pretty too!: http://www.curvykate.com/

there is a store called Winners here in Canada that has some varied selections - sometimes I find " real sized" bras- with no paddings- cups are bigger. Winners is owned by Marshall's in the US.. so they might have some in stock for you gals in the US..
in London UK.. I remember finding bras in Mark's and Spencer - believe it or not.. Brent Cross shopping city had a great selection - really classy- lacy kinds.. that don't look like your grandma would wear..
don't know how it is now - haven't been to UK in a while - but I always remembered a great bra section there..
<><
ImageImage
velvet_liselle
Taking Music Lessons

Post by velvet_liselle »

ladies, all the useful info about bra sizing, how to fit a bra, etc, also links to other bra fitting blogs and communities
www.bfcidade.wordpress.com
If you like sex and rock'n'roll visit the blog of our book. http://hekatespassageblog.wordpress.com/ The book is already out, check out Smashwords and Amazon for Hekate's Passage.