Jackson Browne still does it for me!!

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

77rober77
Music Fan

Jackson Browne still does it for me!!

Post by 77rober77 »

I am hoping to catch Jackson on this tour. I have heard in the past he had a large following.
Does anyone know if he is single? I love that boyish look he still has even today. Does he hook up? Does he have a "type" ? I would SO LOVE to get up close and personal with him!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks in advance.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Jackson Browne still does it for me!!

Post by Turner Coates »

http://popdose.com/when-good-albums-hap ... r-the-sky/

It is with that said that I turn to the subject of Jackson Browne, who is known in rock circles as the dashing, sensitive, and politically-oriented sage (or sex-god) of the Laurel Canyon music scene that emerged in the early 1970s and included contemporaries and co-writers such as members of the Eagles and J.D. Souther. The irony of his career as a sensitive artist (and sex-god) is the infamy he generated regarding his history with women. In fact, among those who recognize the name Jackson Browne and are not fans of his music, he is probably still known as “that guy who beat up Daryl Hannah”.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Hannah,_Daryl

Hannah acknowledges that her introspective fantasy world played a part in her dateless years in high school. She had little experience with relationships until she dated rock and roll singer, Jackson Browne in 1982. She met Browne in high school but did not see him romantically until he divorced his second wife. Their ten year relationship ended in a violent confrontation in the Santa Monica home that they shared on 9/23/1992 around 12:03 PM when LA police were called to the scene. Hannah suffered a broken finger, black eye, body bruises and a swollen lip. She refused to press charges against the singer while he made claims to the press that he did not hurt
her.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

I'm extremely sensitive regarding violence towards women but by all accounts Darryl Hannah is properly fucking nuts so fuck knows what went down that night.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

EvilRockPosh wrote:I'm extremely sensitive regarding violence towards women but by all accounts Darryl Hannah is properly fucking nuts so fuck knows what went down that night.
I hear ya. She may have broken her own finger, but I have a hard time believing she gave herself a black eye.
I've seen a photo of her face after the incident, and she was pretty battered.
Now, I can't find the pic anywhere online. Browne's lawyers threatened to sue many entities that published the story. That may have something to do with the pic vanishing.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:She refused to press charges against the singer while he made claims to the press that he did not hurt
her.
By the way, it doesn't work like this. Lots of guys get prosecuted in LA for beating the shit out of their wives even when the women insist "I walked into a door". The victim doesn't have to press charges, it's up to the police whether a crime has been committed.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
cherrybomb
Playing at a Friend's Party
Location: ...the nexus of the crisis; and the origin of storms...

Post by cherrybomb »

Didn't his first wife commit suicide?...coulda sworn I read that recently, and that he was blown away and seriously affected by it; apparently he didn't see it coming.

"...music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy."~Beethoven

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music".~Rachmaninoff