Favorite Jeans

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Favorite Jeans

Post by ArielPlath »

I have a pair of Rock Revival jeans and I love them! Even though I paid way more than I normally pay for a pair of jeans - feel I got my monies worth. I wear them quite often and get compliments on them all the time. I also have a pair of Sinful jeans I bought at Affliction on Melrose Ave awhile back - they have purple leather wings on the back pockets.

Today I went shopping for jean shorts (retail therapy). I found a cool pair of BKE shorts at the Buckle, but not ready to pay $60+ for them. :shock: They were cool though - had the option to roll them up a little bit, to make them a little less short. I have a pair of BKE crop jeans that I love, but not sure if I am as into the shorts for that kind of money.

I do not mind paying $$ for good jeans, long as they fit right and do not sag after a couple hours - it sucks when jeans are tight when you put them on, but get saggy a couple hours into the evening - I hate when that happens!

What is everyone's take on jeans / jean shorts - do you mind paying a little extra if they make your behind look nice? :lol:
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
WyldOrchid5150
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Favorite Jeans

Post by WyldOrchid5150 »

ArielPlath wrote:
I do not mind paying $$ for good jeans, long as they fit right and do not sag after a couple hours - it sucks when jeans are tight when you put them on, but get saggy a couple hours into the evening - I hate when that happens!

This. Drives me absolutely ape shit. I have a small ass & if this starts,well, it's just looks like dragbutt. My favorite would have to be Billabong or Levis, then again I've picked up some no name jeans from the thrift that look fantastic. I love me some Lycra throw in for a more fitted look, with boots and long legs, it's great.
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

Some are worse than others - I bought a pair of jeans from Kohls and I swear I can only wear them a couple hours before they start falling off me - even with a belt it looks awful! I got some "junk in the trunk" and still have this problem. :lol:

Still thinking about buying those shorts - it is difficult to find cool shorts that fit good - I just can't fathom paying that $$! I should probably check online, but I hate to buy stuff like that without trying it on. Sometimes they will fit different, even if they are the same brand, size & style.
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

Levi strauss, Lee and American Rag.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Seven jeans, True Religion, I say no, but they keep givin'.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

I can't believe I have not tried on a pair of True Religion jeans - someone told me they are similar to Rock Revival, just cost more. I think they have a store at one of our local Simon Malls - now I will have to check it out.

Well, the rain stopped me from going shopping and buying those jean shorts tonight - it wont be the first time the weather has saved me money. :lol:
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
WyldOrchid5150

Post by WyldOrchid5150 »

ArielPlath wrote:Some are worse than others - I bought a pair of jeans from Kohls and I swear I can only wear them a couple hours before they start falling off me - even with a belt it looks awful! I got some "junk in the trunk" and still have this problem. :lol:

Still thinking about buying those shorts - it is difficult to find cool shorts that fit good - I just can't fathom paying that $$! I should probably check online, but I hate to buy stuff like that without trying it on. Sometimes they will fit different, even if they are the same brand, size & style.
I refuse to buy any clothes online except for t-shirts & Havaianas, just to much hassle. Spending money on a good article of clothing is not a bad thing, as long as its made well. Bullhead makes a decent pair of shorts, good fit and pretty tough.
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

I finally went to Buckle today all set to buy the shorts - tried them on & they fit perfect! In close examination before buying them, I found they were missing a rivet! Of course, they didn't have another pair, in that style in my size! :( I was so bummed, but the sales girl was able to order them for me - should be here in a week or so. :D I also saw some Rock Revival jean shorts that looked real cool, but they only had one size smaller than my size and one size bigger - damn! Its probably a good thing cuz I would have tried those on too and bought them - lol!

My next quest will be a pair of sandals to go with the shorts - I saw the perfect pair at Dillards.....
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Sadly, my fave jeans are all insanely expensive, but they have proven themselves to be worth every penny. Take care of them - no dryers - and they will look and last forever.

True Religion. Once you own a pair, you'll never wear anything else.

Also, if you've got thighs, J Brand is the best for hiding them.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
WyldOrchid5150

Post by WyldOrchid5150 »

ArielPlath wrote:I finally went to Buckle today all set to buy the shorts - tried them on & they fit perfect! In close examination before buying them, I found they were missing a rivet! Of course, they didn't have another pair, in that style in my size! :( I was so bummed, but the sales girl was able to order them for me - should be here in a week or so. :D I also saw some Rock Revival jean shorts that looked real cool, but they only had one size smaller than my size and one size bigger - damn! Its probably a good thing cuz I would have tried those on too and bought them - lol!

My next quest will be a pair of sandals to go with the shorts - I saw the perfect pair at Dillards.....
I just got my new pair of Havaianas today, best. sandel. ever. My last ones lasted 3 years. They are not that expensive for a simple pair, I swear by them. :wink:
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:
True Religion. Once you own a pair, you'll never wear anything else.
I'd die for a pair. :(
Landshark2000

Post by Landshark2000 »

I like my Miss Me jeans ...
IDIAMINDADA wrote:Take your child, and leave him in the woods....he has a better chance being raised by a pack of homosexual squirrels.
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

Landshark2000 wrote:I like my Miss Me jeans ...
I found a great pair of Miss Me jeans - they fit fantastic and everything, but stupid me did not buy them on the spot. I went back the next day and they didn't have that style in my size. I hate when that happens! :x
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
*Twilight*
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by *Twilight* »

Does anyone remember Fancy Ass jeans in the 80's? Those were the best!
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

*Twilight* wrote:Does anyone remember Fancy Ass jeans in the 80's? Those were the best!
I don't remember those from the 80s. I do remember Jordache and Bonjour jeans in the 80s. I use to buy the tightest ones I could find - would have to lay down in the dressing room to zip 'em up. :lol:
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
monkeyboy32
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by monkeyboy32 »

I'm just a simple Levi's guy. I'm sure I would like wearing other jeans but why bother? I'm approaching 40 and at this point in my life I'd rather save money and stick with old faithful.
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

I finally broke down and bought me a pair of Miss Me jeans. I got them at The Buckle & of course, they didn't have any in the style size I wanted in the marked down section, so I didn't get them on sale. They fit great so had to buy them! My punch card is all used up, so now I can go back and get something else for $10 off. I found a pair of straight leg Daytrip jeans that will look great with my boots - may have to go back & get them.

The excuse for shopping is on my new job I can wear jeans every day - yipeeee!!!!
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

As a shorty, I always like The Gap boot-cut jeans.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
TravisBicklesMohawk

Chic jeans were my fave in the 80s. Do they still make those?
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:Chic jeans were my fave in the 80s. Do they still make those?

Chic jeans - I had a couple pairs of those - totally forgot about those! I just googled them and they are still around! It looks like they sell Chic jeans at Kmart.

I went back to the Buckle yesterday - I am on a roll! :lol: Ended up getting a pair of their Daytrip jeans too. Really love that store for jeans - the sales people can be pushy though - they will keep you in the dressing room and bring you stuff to try on. :lol: I don't mind though as they are good about their opinion too, plus saves me from getting dressed and going out there to get something else. I rarely walk out of that store without buying something.
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
TravisBicklesMohawk

Speaking of Chic jeans, here's some vintage jeans commercials.

My fave is the Bon Jour commercial. Ahhhhhh, memories.

http://youtu.be/Hruqk27_XIM

http://youtu.be/Yw1LfI5kATk
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Roxxxxtar
Headlining Clubs

Post by Roxxxxtar »

Most of those overpriced brands are all bedazzled on the hip pockets. Yuck. Buckle is like Affliction and gay stitching overload.

I want my jeans simple and on sale. I usually wait until something hits the clearance link at Express or Hollister. They fit me right and aren't covered with crosses and shit. I'd never pay full price for either of those brands.