anyone ever sell avon?

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

anyone ever sell avon?

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

have any luck at all?

I started doing it as a joke only had 3 orders so far.
Rogue1717
Music Fan

Re: anyone ever sell avon?

Post by Rogue1717 »

I used to in the late 90's. my mom's friends were the only people who bought from me. and I was my own biggest customer.
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

My niece just started selling it - I was happy to learn as my neighbor stopped selling it recently. I have known people who made a lot of money off selling it, but I heard you have to devote a lot of time & effort into it. I would probably end up buying all the stuff myself if I tried to sell it.
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

I thought about selling it. Then I researched the general profit margin of 10% -20% on sales versus what a sales person pays out for catalogs ($1 each), an online page on Avon's site, free samples, etc. and it just seemed more work that it was worth. Plus I work night shift and didn't want to deal with daylight deliveries/orders.

Does Avon still "deduct from your profit margin" if orders are placed after 12 noon? Or charge you to have customers? Or charge you for returns?
In my case the negatives outweighed the advantages.

http://voices.yahoo.com/surprising-thin ... 15669.html
Last edited by jodi on Fri May 10, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

No, but I am a Jehovah's Witness who sells Amway. Mind If I stop by?
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

my grandmother sold that shit back in the 70's when I was a little kid...she sold the hell out of it...she collected the containers and won a lot of stuff selling it..I still have some anniversary plates she won,,she even won a side be side frig one time...every year we (my brother and I) would have to take a gift to our teachers so they got avon every year...lol
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

jodi wrote:I thought about selling it. Then I researched the general profit margin of 10% -20% on sales versus what a sales person pays out for catalogs ($1 each), an online page on Avon's site, free samples, etc. and it just seemed more work that it was worth. Plus I work night shift and didn't want to deal with daylight deliveries/orders.

Does Avon still "deduct from your profit margin" if orders are placed after 12 noon? Or charge you to have customers? Or charge you for returns?
In my case the negatives outweighed the advantages.

http://voices.yahoo.com/surprising-thin ... 15669.html
I dont know anything about after noon but so far ive seen (I think)

that if people buy off your webpage (with you are the e-avon rep) you only get credit not money

if people buy directly from you via phone or email or whatever thats where you make serious money.

What sucks is that what ive had so far is alot of online orders. Im thinking of just using the credit and buying some expensive shit to put on ebay.