Tribute bands?

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Tribute bands?

Post by Midwestmetalgod »

Anyone score or go after a tribute band guy or gal? Take the fantasy since the real thing wasn't available? Or say you'd rather be with 1977 Paul Stanley than 2015, or 1984 Vince Neil than the current version.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Tribute bands?

Post by Mojo »

A good friend of mine is in fairly well-known tributes for GnR, Motley Crue, and has been in tributes for Metallica and Dream Theater. I've been out partying with those guys a few times, and believe me, they have no problem getting women. A lot of women. Kinda makes me rethink my stance on not playing in a tribute band...
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I heard that Sleek had a thang with the singer in his k.d. lang tribute band.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Mojo wrote:A good friend of mine is in fairly well-known tributes for GnR, Motley Crue, and has been in tributes for Metallica and Dream Theater. I've been out partying with those guys a few times, and believe me, they have no problem getting women. A lot of women. Kinda makes me rethink my stance on not playing in a tribute band...

I've been approached several times, being Gene Simmons has its perks, and a decent tribute band can also make some good cash. The two years my Kiss tribute played the midwest we made a good chunk of change and got to play some big venues to good crowds. It's like getting to put on Superman's cape.
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by 51505150 »

Midwestmetalgod wrote:
Mojo wrote:A good friend of mine is in fairly well-known tributes for GnR, Motley Crue, and has been in tributes for Metallica and Dream Theater. I've been out partying with those guys a few times, and believe me, they have no problem getting women. A lot of women. Kinda makes me rethink my stance on not playing in a tribute band...

I've been approached several times, being Gene Simmons has its perks, and a decent tribute band can also make some good cash. The two years my Kiss tribute played the midwest we made a good chunk of change and got to play some big venues to good crowds. It's like getting to put on Superman's cape.

Agreed. I've done the tribute thing for a bit and it was most amusing :D
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

No ho's weighing in?
princessofrock
Recording Debut Album

Post by princessofrock »

Sorry- I want the real deal- no tributes for me...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
RadGurL3
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by RadGurL3 »

Midwestmetalgod wrote:Anyone score or go after a tribute band guy or gal? Take the fantasy since the real thing wasn't available? Or say you'd rather be with 1977 Paul Stanley than 2015, or 1984 Vince Neil than the current version.
Tribute bands suck, so NO I would not hook up with someone in one, even if it is a national touring tribute band. And who would want to be with current Vince Neil? I'll take Paul Stanley today, tomorrow and yesterday. :D
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Turner Coates wrote:Image

Urfff. I was pro-tribute band. But your post has me changing my views.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
princessofrock
Recording Debut Album

Post by princessofrock »

RadGurL3 wrote:
Midwestmetalgod wrote:Anyone score or go after a tribute band guy or gal? Take the fantasy since the real thing wasn't available? Or say you'd rather be with 1977 Paul Stanley than 2015, or 1984 Vince Neil than the current version.
Tribute bands suck, so NO I would not hook up with someone in one, even if it is a national touring tribute band. And who would want to be with current Vince Neil? I'll take Paul Stanley today, tomorrow and yesterday. :D
Really!!! I just learned something new about you!
RadGurL3
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by RadGurL3 »

princessofrock wrote:
RadGurL3 wrote:
What...Paul Stanley? Oooooh yeah grrrrl!
princessofrock
Recording Debut Album

Post by princessofrock »

RadGurL3 wrote:
princessofrock wrote:
RadGurL3 wrote:
I bet he would be all over that if you borrowed my 'they look better on my knees' line :wink: :wink: :wink: It is rockstar tested and approved! :wink: :wink: :wink:
RadGurL3
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by RadGurL3 »

princessofrock wrote:
RadGurL3 wrote:
princessofrock wrote:
I bet he would be all over that if you borrowed my 'they look better on my knees' line :wink: :wink: :wink: It is rockstar tested and approved! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Well that may be so but doesn't quite fit for me (including the knees thing-ha!). I will use for other ASSets.
princessofrock
Recording Debut Album

Post by princessofrock »

RadGurL3 wrote:
princessofrock wrote:
RadGurL3 wrote:
Well that may be so but doesn't quite fit for me (including the knees thing-ha!). I will use for other ASSets.

LMAO

You're already rockstar approved!
RadGurL3
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by RadGurL3 »

princessofrock wrote:
RadGurL3 wrote:
princessofrock wrote:

LMAO

You're already rockstar approved!
8)