Meeting Anvil

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Meeting Anvil

Post by CliffByford »

I hate to intrude on this board but I'm looking for any info I can get about meeting Anvil.

I'm going to see them supporting Udo Dirkschneider next month with a friend. Anvil are supporting, and she desperately wants to meet these pricks. We're getting there relatively early in the day. Do the guys hang out before the show at all? Do they like strange Danish girls with red hair (and fairly big tits)?

I personally couldn't give two shits about these clowns as I'm there to see Udo, but any tips would be appreciated. I'm not really one to hang around for bands - the one time I did it (for Dio), I got a couple of CD covers signed and then promptly turned them to mush when I washed my jeans at the laundromat the next day.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Re: Meeting Anvil

Post by Midwestmetalgod »

I think most of Anvil are married, at least Lips and the bass player were. Not sure about Robbo.
whoopie
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by whoopie »

CliffByford wrote:I hate to intrude on this board but I'm looking for any info I can get about meeting Anvil.

I'm going to see them supporting Udo Dirkschneider next month with a friend. Anvil are supporting, and she desperately wants to meet these pricks. We're getting there relatively early in the day. Do the guys hang out before the show at all? Do they like strange Danish girls with red hair (and fairly big tits)?

I personally couldn't give two shits about these clowns as I'm there to see Udo, but any tips would be appreciated. I'm not really one to hang around for bands - the one time I did it (for Dio), I got a couple of CD covers signed and then promptly turned them to mush when I washed my jeans at the laundromat the next day.
Sure...Nice try Anvil :D
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

So, are you actually trying to get the guys in Anvil to fuck your girlfriend???
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Yeah, my friend did get to meet Anvil. Lips was apparently very nice, though he complained about the size of the venue, saying that they and Udo Dirkschneider had been doing bigger halls on the continent. Cheeky fucker should be grateful he's not playing a broom closet.

Didn't even receive a rub n' tug from Lips, I was sorely disappointed. Not going to ask for a refund though.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I met 2/3 of Anvil. Robbo and the bass player (Nikki Sixx? Don't remember the name) stuck around to sign copies of This is Thirteeeeeen. I sold the CD, so somewhere in Asheville, NC, someone has a copy of that CD with 2/3 of Anvil's signatures. They might have taken it back and asked for a copy without writing, or it's still sitting in the record store.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts