Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by johnk5150 »

Saw five minutes of Just Friends last night during halftime of the Bulls game. Holy shit who finds that shit funny?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Royal Dudeness wrote:Law Abiding Citizen: 7.5/10. Loved the first 2/3 of it. The ending was a little predictable but I found it highly entertaining. Parts of it reminded me of Silence of the Lambs.
Looking forward to this one
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Filth and Wisdom wriiten and directed by Madonna :shock:

6/10 very surprising, good storylines, some hot chicks, cool music
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

silent_eyes wrote:GI Joe - 7/10: Grew up on the toys & the cartoon and I don't care that the movie wasn't EXACTLY like them, I still liked it. Really anxious to see where they take it in the sequel. Can't wait to see more of Cobra Commander too.

This. Wasn't expecting much based on the previews, but enjoyed it.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Cumbia Callera - 6/10 - It's a subtitled mexi flick with 0 dialog, 99% the story is played out from the words of a constant stream of songs. It's actually kind of interesting with a decent amount of gratuitous sex.

The Dog Problem - 6/10 - I kept wanting to turn the movie off but it finally sucked me in, over all it's a worthy kooky flick. Lynn Collins is totally absorbing.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

Albino Farm 2/10---By the numbers inbred redneck horror movie. There's not a single original idea to be found, and only one scene that was mildly interesting. I got it on Netflix because it supposedly starred Chris Jericho. Turns out he's in it for about 10 minutes.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

40 minutes of Observe and Report. Maybe it gets better, but holy shit was what I saw horrible. Couldn't send that back to Neflix fast enough.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

johnk5150 wrote:40 minutes of Observe and Report. Maybe it gets better, but holy shit was what I saw horrible. Couldn't send that back to Neflix fast enough.
Man, I love how divisive this movie is. People either seem to think it's hilarious or they have a violent hatred towards it.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
cormerdamus
Headlining Clubs

Post by cormerdamus »

Just finished watching Italian Job, I'll give it 8 out of ten. The last thing I saw in theaters was Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to liquor day and I give that 9.5 out of ten. It misses a perfect score because there was zero Nudity and thats an automatic .5 deduction in my books.
Remember Spacebot?
slash69
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by slash69 »

Couples Retreat - 6/10

Fairly standard mainstream stuff, had some good moments, though.
Megaforce
Recording Debut Album

Post by Megaforce »

Paranormal Activity
Downloaded the 2007 version. It kept me interested throughout. I found it creepy but I never jumped due to being frightened. Definitely an overrated movie but still worth watching.

GI Joe The Rise of Cobra
This movie sucks so much ass that Canada has to initiate a more liberal immigration policy to allow more people into the country. That way there will be a large enough supply of ass for this movie to suck.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch Cool As Ice now.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Australia - 2/10 - King Kong + Titanic + Shit - anything interesting = Australia. Almost 3 hours of complete shit. Took me 5 times to finally/somewhat mostly finish.

Happy-Go-Lucky - 7/10 - It gets a 7 just for the role the lead actress pulled off. Something about this quirky movie I liked, she starts out annoying but half way through I was pretty much laughing.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

ANTICHRIST- I rate it...fucking OUCH!
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
YYC

Post by YYC »

Gran Torino--7/10 Entertaining, but a bit predictable. Some of the dialogue was kinda clunky and the actress playing the Hmong sister was terrible.
YYC

Post by YYC »

Paranormal Activity 5/10---I liked this a lot...back when it was called The Blair Witch Project and was actually kinda creepy. Not impressed at all. The last 10 minutes or so were kinda cool, but pretty much diluted by the fact that you see the last scene in the fucking trailer.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Fourteen Hours - 7. It was OK. Grace Kelly's in it, but doesn't have a very large or significant role. It's about a guy who stands on a hotel room ledge for 14 hours threatening to jump if anyone tries to come near him. He never jumps, but does fall off at one point. However, police set up a net a floor or 2 down, so he falls in that and is pulled to safety. It's pretty boring and kind of long, the guy basically stands on the ledge the whole time.

Mogambo - 8. Another Grace Kelly movie. Also starring Clark Gable and Ava Gardner.
Hurls34

Post by Hurls34 »

The Fourth Kind: 1.5/5 stars: I wish I was abuducted from seeing this movie.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

The Invention Of Lying ~ Somewhat predictable, but thoroughly entertaining. Ricky Gervais is a funny motherfucker. 9/10.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

Bad Lieutenant: 8/10. This film wouldn't be half as good without Harvey Keitel in the lead role. Why he didn't get at least an Oscar nomination for his performance is beyond me. Probably the best thing I've ever seen him in. It's also interesting to see what Queens was like right before extensive gentrification took place.

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

I've gotten to where I hate giving stuff a rating so I'm just gonna flat out say whether I liked it or not:

Adventureland - Been meaning to watch this for a while now. Glad I finally did. I thought this was way better that Superbad. Wasn't hilarious or anything, but it had it's moments and just had a good story to it. Liked it a lot and I'll probably buy it eventually.

Quarantine - Another one I've been meaning to get around to seeing and finally did. Took a little while for it to get started, but once it did it didn't stop till the movie was over. Never seen the original version, but I might have to since I've heard so much about it and liked this one.

For tonight, I got Frost/Nixon and Wrong Turn 3. Very anxious to see them.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

V for Vendetta - 7/10
Kung Fu Hustle - 10/10
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Heavy Metal in Baghdad
Really good documentary, supposedly about Iraq's only heavy metal band. Actually, a documentary about the war and the effect it has had on all Iraqis in general, and young people there specifically. The movie is not really depressing, but you do get to feel the frustration and anger that people living in such oppression and danger must deal with every day. You will relate to these guys more than most people living in Iraq who you may see on TV or whatever. I thought it was really well done.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Pandora
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Pandora »

silent_eyes wrote:I've gotten to where I hate giving stuff a rating so I'm just gonna flat out say whether I liked it or not:

Adventureland - Been meaning to watch this for a while now. Glad I finally did. I thought this was way better that Superbad. Wasn't hilarious or anything, but it had it's moments and just had a good story to it. Liked it a lot and I'll probably buy it eventually.

Quarantine - Another one I've been meaning to get around to seeing and finally did. Took a little while for it to get started, but once it did it didn't stop till the movie was over. Never seen the original version, but I might have to since I've heard so much about it and liked this one.

For tonight, I got Frost/Nixon and Wrong Turn 3. Very anxious to see them.
Wrong Turn 3 sucks. It has really bad cgi effects. I was really disappointed in it because I really like the first two.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Yeah, it's terrible.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

The Hangover 8/10
Hilarious !
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Pandora wrote:Wrong Turn 3 sucks. It has really bad cgi effects. I was really disappointed in it because I really like the first two.
Watched it last night. While it wasn't nowhere near as good as the first two, it wasn't completely horrible. Some of the kills were cool at least. Couldn't stand some of the actors that played the prisoners, especially the red haired one that stole cars.
theglammerthebetter

Curious case of benjamin button, amazing make up/special effects, good acting but what a depressing , sad movie 7/10
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

Yesterday I saw Paranormal Activity. I give it a five for not being as corny and predictable as other horror flicks but it made me feel fucking carsick, and the idea that it's based on a real story makes it more intriguing. I almost want to dig up the old thread about it.

Maybe a seven, just because some parts really were fucking creepy and most horror flicks arent creepy at all.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
becq79
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by becq79 »

I saw Bruno last night.

What a fucking hilarious movie! I gotta get me one of those exercise bikes with the dildo attached! :shock:

Edit: 9/10
theglammerthebetter

The Deal with Meg Ryan, william H macy, great fucking movie about making a movie

8/10