Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by MurrayFiend »

Crimes and Misdemeanors- 8/10. Good cast; Alan Alda was such a dick in this film. :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dtmfs wrote:
pieceofme wrote: Actually it was Heath Ledger and his mouth movements/noise that kind of pissed me off about the Dark Knight. Apart from that it was a good blockbuster movie.
:shock: to each their own but damn, you are the first person i've heard that eluded to ledger being the weak link in the movie. Did the hype just ruin that performence for some? It was hyped pretty bad before i saw it the first week and I was still blown away by his performence. I guess i can see the mouth thing being bothersome to some, I always wondered if the dude just started doing it because of the prostethics around his mouth and the director liked it.

Anyway avoid his last movie like the plague, it's fucking horrendous.
Actually apart from his mouth movements/noise I thought Ledger did a really good job. Not as good as the hype, but still better than I initally expected.

I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was the weak link. Really didn't care that she died.

Oh and Chrisrian Bale is a very good Bruce Wayne but his deep force was hilarious when being Batman. More so than the first film.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Bulworth- 6/10. Stupid, but somewhat endearing. Halle Berry's hair was a definite downside.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back -33333/10

If it isn't the worst movie I've ever seen It'll have to do until I remember something worse.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

Inglourious Basterds. My 3rd viewing and it still rates a perfect 10. 8)
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

It's been a while since posting, but let's see. The last 15. Written from bottom to top.

Up In The Air - 8/10 Kinda feels like a half chick flick until they rip your heart out, and Anna Kendrick really stands out as a noteworthy newcomer.
East Of Eden - 10/10 Another good Dean flick, a year less mature acting-wise than Rebel, but ultimately a better film.
A Cat On A Hot Tin Roof - 10/10 I'd seen the stageplay before this and both held up, but Newman really took the cake. Awesome movie to an awesome soundtrack.
Rebel Without a Cause - 10/10 Had never seen a full James Dean movie prior to this, and he blew me away. He deserves all the hype he got.
U-571 - 7/10 I realised I'd seen it before about a 1/4 way into it. Mcconaughey impressed me. Wonder what happened.
Insignificance - 8/10 Extremely absurd, but well played. Gary Busey actually comes across as one of the more level-headed characters? Love Theresa Russel's reasonings on relativity, and seeing Einstein fleshed out as a character as opposed to in a textbook.
Where Eagles Dare - 4/10 As long and plot-twisty as it was, Eastwood's American accented English behind German lines is unforgivable. Definitely one of the films Tarantino was making fun of in IB.
Identity - 2/10 Cute twist. Ultimately ridiculous.
Kelly's Heroes - 7/10 Again long, but fun. Another superstar cast. Sutherland's character was a couple decades ahead of his time, but that was half the fun. Again, very impressed with Savalas.
The Postman Always Rings Twice - 7/10 Oh, the hubris. Maybe the first time watching John Garfield. Worth it. Really plays with your heartstrings, this one.
Dial M For Murder - 10/10 Classic Hitchcock. The complexity and yet simplicity of it makes it a film needing watching by any fan of suspense thrillers. There's always at least on character that's as smart as you.
Battleground - 9/10 Long, slightly dismal, but worth it. Your hopes tend to rise and fall with those of the soldiers, so it works well in that way. Great ensemble of characters, and interesting to see how the dynamic changes after one is killed off.
The Dirty Dozen - 8/10 Don't remember ever seeing Lee Marvin before. Odd to see so much behind the eyes of such an easily stereotyped character. Sutherland, Bronson, and Cassavetes are awesome. Savalas creeped me the fuck out, and I had to recheck that it was the same one. The only thing I'd seen him in prior to this was On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and even if he was good in it, it's hard to focus on any redeeming qualities to that movie. And Jim Brown's character was surprisingly lovable and significant for being played by a football player. Cheers cheers.
The Outsiders - 8/10 Great film. Have always loved the '50's retro of the '80's, and with such a young star-studded cast, it's hard to be bad. The acting isn't always primo, but the script takes care of it. Love how the scene with Randy and Ponyboy takes a lot from Rebel Without a Cause's pre-chickie run scene.
The Big Sleep - 9/10 Film noir at its best. Bogart and Bacall's second feature together, and Bogart's only movie as Raymond Chandler's Det. Philip Marlowe.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Iron Duck wrote:
U-571 - 7/10 I realised I'd seen it before about a 1/4 way into it. Mcconaughey impressed me. Wonder what happened.
This gets an 11/10 for me as they blow up Jon Bon Jovi early in the film meaning he wasn't in the rest of it.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Jeckyll and Hyde...Together Again - 4/10
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

johnk5150 wrote:
Iron Duck wrote:
This gets an 11/10 for me as they blow up Jon Bon Jovi early in the film meaning he wasn't in the rest of it.

I never saw this, but any movie that blows Jon Bon Jovi up automatically gets a perfect score IMO.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

Iron Duck wrote: The Dirty Dozen - 8/10 Don't remember ever seeing Lee Marvin before. Odd to see so much behind the eyes of such an easily stereotyped character. Sutherland, Bronson, and Cassavetes are awesome. Savalas creeped me the fuck out, and I had to recheck that it was the same one. The only thing I'd seen him in prior to this was On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and even if he was good in it, it's hard to focus on any redeeming qualities to that movie. And Jim Brown's character was surprisingly lovable and significant for being played by a football player. Cheers cheers.
Duck, have you ever seen The Big Red One? It's another good war movie w/Lee Marvin. Mark Hamill is also in in it.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Inglorious Basterds: 8/10

I wasn't expecting much and so was surprised at how much I liked it.
But I've also got a subtitle fetish, so that may explain it.
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

Ghost Rider--3/10 I've seen this movie three or four times, though I don't know why. It's not the worst comic book movie ever since I'll take it over Elektra, Spiderman 3, or Fantastic Four 2, but it's pretty goddamn terrible.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Precious

Great movie. I thought it would be super sappy, but it wasn't. I loved the girl who played Precious, and I have to say Mo'Nique was AWESOME in this movie. I mean, you really hate her guts, which was necessary to the story. Plus, I don't know about you, but I think any movie is made better when there is a horrible monster mother type character. If you are waiting for this bitch to show some kind of redeeming characteristic, you are going to be disappointed.

I'm reminded of Million Dollar Baby, because that is a movie that you watch and think "God things COULD NOT get any worse for this girl." and then they get even more horrifying. This movie, you could kind of say the same thing about. However, in Million Dollar Baby, you just end up feeling defeated and depressed. You don't feel that way about Precious at all.

Anyway, I didn't realize until about halfway through the movie that it takes place in the 80's. Mariah Carey's Liz Claiborne purse finally tipped me off.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

saracapri wrote:Precious

Great movie. I thought it would be super sappy, but it wasn't. I loved the girl who played Precious, and I have to say Mo'Nique was AWESOME in this movie. I mean, you really hate her guts, which was necessary to the story. Plus, I don't know about you, but I think any movie is made better when there is a horrible monster mother type character. If you are waiting for this bitch to show some kind of redeeming characteristic, you are going to be disappointed.
I thought the scene between her and Mariah Carey was really good. Mo'Nique was one of my favorite parts of this movie.
doctordestructo

Post by doctordestructo »

CRAZY HEART: 9-10
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

A Dirty Shame - 6/10. Typical fun John Waters movie, outrageous story except with a couple of semi big name actors.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Man On Wire - 9/10. Great documentary about a guy who walked across the north and south towers of the WTC on a wire.

Quarantine - Pure dogshit.

Blackula - So bad it's good.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Grendel wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Man On Wire - 9/10. Great documentary about a guy who walked across the north and south towers of the WTC on a wire.
That is a great movie.
Just watched it. Agree with the rating. Dude's totally off his rocker, but in an awesome way. Great story and well told.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Saving Private Ryan - 9/10. The 2nd best war movie ever. Tom Hanks and Tom Sizemore are both great in this.

Munich - 6/10. A little too drawn out, and the pacing was off in a couple of spots, but still pretty good overall.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Fletch wrote:Jeckyll and Hyde...Together Again - 4/10

DUDE! Where in the fuck did you see that? It's been ages and I'm sure it's dumb as fuck but I'd kill get a copy of that flick.

Jekyll and Hyde: [as Hyde] I'm a drug crazed beast with a giant erection that won't go away no matter how many times I do it. You're a nurse; what can you give me for it?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Watched half of District 9 last night after returning home from Florida. It's interesting. It's another example of business = bad. Been done before. Just not with walking lizards.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
doctordestructo

UtahRatt wrote:

DUDE! Where in the fuck did you see that? It's been ages and I'm sure it's dumb as fuck but I'd kill get a copy of that flick.

Jekyll and Hyde: [as Hyde] I'm a drug crazed beast with a giant erection that won't go away no matter how many times I do it. You're a nurse; what can you give me for it?
I want to know how he saw it too... I saw it once as a kid when it was released, Mark Blankfield was pretty much playing an extension of the pharmacist on Fridays :lol:
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

doctordestructo wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I want to know how he saw it too... I saw it once as a kid when it was released, Mark Blankfield was pretty much playing an extension of the pharmacist on Fridays :lol:

I found it on Netflix. Been FOREVER since I first saw it on HBO years ago as a kid. Didnt hold up quite as well as I remembered.

I have been on a roll trying to find flicks that I remember sneaking to watch because they had nudity in them. Outside of that one, five more recent rentals:

Looker - 10/10 - can't say enough good about this one. Albert Finney is great and this movie was years ahead of its time.

Coma - 9/10 - great thriller that still holds up.

Ellie May - 2/10 but there is a fantastic bush shot in the beginning.

Tomboy - 4/10. Not really that good, but Betsy Russell did it for me in a bad way back then.

Party Animal - 3/10 - for some reason I thought this was a big deal, really dirty when I was a kid - not so much.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Blood Creek

AWESOME

An insane, maniacal, ravaging, blood sucking, Nazi vampire/zombie like dude fucking with people. SUCCESS.
doctordestructo

Fletch wrote:
I found it on Netflix. Been FOREVER since I first saw it on HBO years ago as a kid. Didnt hold up quite as well as I remembered.
Netflix?!?! I had no idea Jeckyll and Hyde Together Again was ever released on DVD :lol: I'll have to track it down and watch it while wasted sometime...

BTW, I agree with you regarding Betsy Russell :twisted:

theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

The brothers bloom

A simply awful movie 3/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Everybody's Fine- 3/10. Fuck this boring, sentimental crap. God, De Niro's a joke.
HMJ

Post by HMJ »

Drag me to Hell - Awesome

The Goods - Not awesome
"FUN'S OVER."
psyberdelic
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by psyberdelic »

Julie & Julia: Total chick flick masquerading as a biopic. Not the best story, but Meryl Streep is amazing. How she approaches each project is amazing. She loses herself in the character. 6/10
"Remember the sound that could wake the dead? / But nobody woke up at all / Somebody died for this." RIP Iggy.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

[•Rec] 8 outta 10 Beast Ices. :wink:
Holy shit, I saw the US remake (Quarantine) which was just okay, but holy shit the last 5-10 minutes of this movie scared the shit out of me.
Seriously fucked up shit. :P
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners