Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by doctordestructo »

The Wolfman: 8/10 Fuck the haters :lol: I caught a screening last night on the Universal back lot... it may not have been perfect but it definitely didn't suck. It is a dark themed, great looking film that contains homages to the '41 version without being a total copy. I was also glad to see it earned its R rating with plenty of gore.

I won't spoil anything but the "good stuff" begins right off the bat so don't arrive late...
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

doctordestructo wrote:The Wolfman: 8/10 Fuck the haters :lol: I caught a screening last night on the Universal back lot... it may not have been perfect but it definitely didn't suck. It is a dark themed, great looking film that contains homages to the '41 version without being a total copy. I was also glad to see it earned its R rating with plenty of gore.

I won't spoil anything but the "good stuff" begins right off the bat so don't arrive late...
Nice!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Lakeview Terrace - 7/10
Sammy is still da man.

Bourne Trilogy - 30/30.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Red Heat on Blu-Ray.

Man is that flick choppy. Definitely not Hill's best film. The interviews with the producers and such are pretty interesting.

I would have given it to gina gershon very hard in the mid 80s.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Lymelife 8/10 if you enjoyed American Beauty this is for you
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

"Monpti" starring Romy Schneider, who could be completely unknown to most of the world for all I know, but also hot as fuck if I can trust my usually adept judgment the other night: 8/10.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Last House on the Left - 6.5/10 - Another story of a family having a bad day.
Monica "Julia Roberts light" potter needs to die the hair or something. Her voice and striking resemblance creeps me out. Good actress, just can't get over the Pretty Woman comparison....Worth the watch.

The Brothers Bloom - 5/10 - One of them quirky movies most people would probably hate but I kind of liked. Rachel Weisz character did it for me, in fact all the actors pulled their weight but nothing could save the script.

17 Again - 4/10 - Just what we need another adult transformation back into a teenager movie. I'd say it's better then some of the others but I can't bring myself to support yet another tired plot.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

UtahRatt wrote:

17 Again - 4/10 - Just what we need another adult transformation back into a teenager movie. I'd say it's better then some of the others but I can't bring myself to support yet another tired plot.
So you wont be seeing "hot tub" then?
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
EddiesCancerTongue
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddiesCancerTongue »

Edge of Darkness - 8/10.
Fairly good acting by most involved, but soooooooo slow.

Strictly Sexual - 10/10.
Free on Hulu.com. Much, much more captivating than I expected.
Metal! wrote:I know you don't mean that. You are just being Sludgy.
Out of the Cellar wrote:Listening to Jeff Beck makes you wanna look at your fingers and say, "fuck you".
Out Of The Cellar

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

A Clockwork Orange

Watched it last night. Watched it a lot of times already.

Still, perfect!
crooked soul
Headlining Clubs

Post by crooked soul »

The Wolfman- 9/10

<><
ImageImage
DenimAndLeather

Post by DenimAndLeather »

Meet The Parents - 9/10. I really liked this one. Great movie
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

The Untouchables (1987)- 3/10. Piece of shit. Even worse the second time, but it has some moments are so awful they're hilarious, hence the 3.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

MurrayFiend wrote:The Untouchables (1987)- 3/10. Piece of shit. Even worse the second time, but it has some moments are so awful they're hilarious, hence the 3.

Yup. Any movie with Kevin Costner automatically loses 5 points, and Connery and DeNiro are both lame as fuck, totally phoning it in.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

The Wolfman- Huge, huge fan of the original, so I went in expecting the worst, but this flick kicked ass. Very pleasantly surprised. 8.5 outta 10.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Wolfman-6/10. decent, slightly above shitty.

Sherlock Holmes- 8/10, good movie. The pace was pretty fast but suited the movie well.
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:The Untouchables (1987)- 3/10. Piece of shit. Even worse the second time, but it has some moments are so awful they're hilarious, hence the 3.

Yup. Any movie with Kevin Costner automatically loses 5 points, and Connery and DeNiro are both lame as fuck, totally phoning it in.
Phoned it in and still managed to win best supporting actor. Connery must not have had any competition that year.

$tevil
YYC

Post by YYC »

The Wolfman--8/10 Exactly what I wanted it to be. Very well-done.

Horror of Dracula--7/10 I got a 4-pack of Hammer Dracula movies at Best Buy for $10. Win!
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Flicks watched over the weekend

The Getaway (1994) - Alec Baldwin, Kim Bassinger, Jennifer Tilly and Michael Madsden. Still hold up pretty well. 7/10

The Chase (1994) - Charlie Sheen, Kristy Swanson (hubba hubba), Henry Rollins - good humor, good action, Kristy was easy on the eyes. One of the last good Charlie Sheen films imo - 7/10

Bound (1996) - Jennifer Tilly, Gina Gershon. Gina was in full on dyke mode but that mouth is still captivating. 7/10
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Couples Retreat-7/10 Decent movie, funny in some parts

Zombieland-4/10 Meh. Guess I just don't like zombie movies. Love me some Woody though.

Blackhawk Down-10/10 Excellent, excellent movie
Fuck sigs.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Saw 25 minutes of The Goods. Sent it back to Netflix this morning. Horrible. Painfully bad.

$tevil
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

UtahRatt wrote:Last House on the Left - 6.5/10 - Another story of a family having a bad day.
Monica "Julia Roberts light" potter needs to die the hair or something. Her voice and striking resemblance creeps me out. Good actress, just can't get over the Pretty Woman comparison....Worth the watch.
I liekd this one too. I thought the guy that played Krug was pretty good in his role, as were the other two villains. Definitely enjoyed the ending.
johnk5150 wrote:Saw 25 minutes of The Goods. Sent it back to Netflix this morning. Horrible. Painfully bad.
Guess you didn't make it till the end then. There were some parts that were really funny, esp Will Farrell as Abe Lincoln.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Lifeforce (1985) - 7/10 for the story, 8/10 for the FX (given when this movie came out, the special effects were very good), 2/10 for the acting and a 10/10 for the full bush nudity. The main vampire chick had a killer body.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Fletch wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Saw 25 minutes of The Goods. Sent it back to Netflix this morning. Horrible. Painfully bad.
Guess you didn't make it till the end then. There were some parts that were really funny, esp Will Farrell as Abe Lincoln.
I realized it's President's Day and it will be in the postbox when I come home tonight. Should I give the rest a chance?

$tevil
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

johnk5150 wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:

Phoned it in and still managed to win best supporting actor. Connery must not have had any competition that year.
Yeah, really. Played an Irish character but spoke in his Scottish accent for the duration of the film. The scene where Costner goes to Connery's apartment to ask him to help out with the Capone thing is a master class in laughably poor acting.

"But Ayeeeeeeee'm just an old beat cop!"

Fuck that shit, man. :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

Wolfman - 5.5 out of 10. Gene Simmons does one of the howls in it so it was worth the price of admission
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

ROADHEAD wrote:Wolfman - 5.5 out of 10. Gene Simmons does one of the howls in it so it was worth the price of admission
Surely his presence would bump your rating a little higher than 5.5, no?
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

KillDevilHill wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

So you wont be seeing "hot tub" then?
Is it out yet? Seen the trailer, it might have some promise in the totally stupid comedy section.

Dead Line - 6/10 - A slightly boring horror suspense flick but worth the watch if you're a Brittany Murphy fan.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Total Recall

Love this movie. This time I watched it to find clues whether this was all a dream or happening for real...I flip flopped 4 times or so. Still don't really know, but I'm leaning towards real. For now.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

johnk5150 wrote:
Fletch wrote:
I realized it's President's Day and it will be in the postbox when I come home tonight. Should I give the rest a chance?
I dunno man...I thought parts of it were pretty funny. The Will Farrell part had me laughing pretty good - one of the scenes was mentioned in the laugh out loud thread on here somewhere when he's skydiving.