Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

The Kite Runner - 6/10

It doesn't have the same story telling flare of the novel.
Hell'sHungryChild
Headlining Clubs

Post by Hell'sHungryChild »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Funny people 7.5/10 i really liked it,pretty cool to see tons of stars playing themselves while interacting with sandlers character
This one gets a lot of shit but it was good 8/10.
"I love you man" I thought was bleh , 5/10
All Heil hell
midnighttoker
Headlining Clubs

Post by midnighttoker »

maybe not the last movie i saw but close.anyway.

the soloist-7.5/10
I'm a drunken idiot who gave the board his password ;)
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Finally saw District 9... 10/out of fucking 10. Already re-watched it three times. Easily my favorite movie of the decade.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

(500) Days of Summer: 3.5/5.

Decent movie for a semi-chick-flick, well written, kept me interested. It wasn't predictable and didn't follow the usual formulas for most Hollywood movies.
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

I finally saw Halloween 2.

It was terrible.

And I usually like Zombie's movies and enjoyed his first Halloween.
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

Oh and my wife made me watch that movie with Steve Martin/Alec Baldwin and Meryl Streep.....love triangle deal.

Actually it wasn't as terrible as i thought it would be. There were sonme good laughs. I wouldn't watch it on my own but you'll probably like it if you're a girl.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Space Bear wrote:Finally saw District 9... 10/out of fucking 10. Already re-watched it three times. Easily my favorite movie of the decade.
FANTASTIC flick. I agree that this just might be the best of the decade
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

The Recruit. 6/10.

Al Pacino couldn't even save this movie. Basically, it's a PG-13 Training Day with white people.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

12 Monkeys - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

I Hope The Serve Beer In Hell. Hated the way they talked about broads. See the irony?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Fast & Furious - 4/10
If you can get past the absurdities, it's an o.k watch.
Nothing in the series is stellar, but I like all of them.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

The Thing - 8.6/10. I liked it.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

Edge of Darkness w/Mel Gibson~7/10
Out Of The Cellar

Magnifico - 7/10

Well, this is a Filipino film that has been getting quite a buzz abroad. The movie stacks a lot of overwhelming emotions that it turns into a well played melodrama instead of being a good movie. Good acting, good script, but the way it's put together, I don't like that much.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-oPXydxymQ
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

A Boy and His Dog (1975) - 3/10 - It's the worst movie imaginable with the best ending possible. Don Johnson looked like a geek back then. It's worth a watch just to set up the final 2 minutes.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Fletch wrote:Student Bodies (1981) - 8/10

Malvert pee red.
I really need to make some horse head bookends.
Good stuff! :lol:

All those with parents of the same sex....You can go.....

Watching it now, classic cheeseness. Malvert cracks me the fuck up, his arms are so fucking long I keep thinking it's an effect. Talk about a knuckle dragger.

poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Out Of The Cellar

It was a fuckin' slow day so I decided to watch Red Cliff again.

I'll give it a 10/10

The battle scenes are just fuckin' epic. And I turned into a girl and had multiple orgasms. Cinematic bliss!
rikirachtmanstheshit
MSX Tour Support Act
Location: Mick Mars' Adult Care Facility Feeding Him Apple Sauce

Post by rikirachtmanstheshit »

Pineapple Express. 10/10 Best fucking action scenes ever! That part when Seth Rogan pinches that fuckers nipples is fucking awesome! Danny McBride fucking owns in this movie!

http://www.thegreatsouthernbrainfart.com
RPBitch wrote:The sponge doesn't protect against your dirty dick, Riki. Girl ain't crazy.
MitziDupree wrote:Would: ride the rikstick
Would not: ride the HMJ stick
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

American Virgin, another Rob Scheinder comedy classic :lol: , no seriously lots of tits and thats basically it 5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 7/10 kinda cute, really.
Fuck sigs.
aceshigh
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by aceshigh »

All those with parents of the same sex....You can go.....
That line was funny as hell back in the day.

Who would have thought that shit would come true?
You either Smoke, or you get Smoked!
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

District 9 - 9/10. WAY better than what the previews made it out to be. I had to watch it in three installments because of interruptions, which was a gigantic pain in the ass, but I still liked it a lot.
vodevillian
Opening for Slaughter

Post by vodevillian »

Being a huge horror fan, I can't believe that up until yesterday, I never seen "The Entity"-8 out of 10. The only issue I had with it is a couple minor inconsistencies, like if the spirit is in her home, then how the hell does it end up in her car as well? But other than that, it was definitely a flick I must own. The fact that it just keeps going on at the end, and she decides to live with being raped by a ghost... :shock:
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Death in love , 6.5/10 good movie but i NEVER want to see Josh Lucas naked ass again, seems like he had 20 nude scenes in that fucking movie

That is really good writing

When you're young, and the woman in your hands is young, you're provoked by the life in her skin, in the muscles under her skin. You can smell life in the sweet perfume of her sweat and her breath, sweet perfume that can make you dizzy. You can sense life in the jittery convulsions of her reactions to every new touch and sensation. And you feel young and alive and jolted by excitement every time you come near her. But the older you get, the older the woman in your hands gets, you grow lulled by the lazy response of her flesh to your touch. Lulled by the numb response of your own nerves to her flesh. By the sluggish torpor of her muscles. The souring perfume of her sweat, of her tears. The souring smell of her old guts belching out air. And it's a curse. Because getting older doesn't make you like being with an old woman any more than you did when you were young. It's worse really, because it lacks even the thrill of novelty of the forbidden. She's just old and she reminds you that you're old, and that your old shell is still taking up space, but that it's life is almost gone.

But nothing is worse than being old and holding youth in your hands, even youth that's thrilled by the novelty of you, because you can still smell youth's sweetness, feel the spring of muscles under taut skin, but you know isn't yours. You're not sharing in it, but are feeding off it like some kind of vampire. And you wonder what the point is - what the point of going on living, the point of loving, the point of touching. And all your instincts, your training, have made you too afraid to pull the trigger and end it yourself. To take responsibility that nature's abdicated into your own trembling weakening hands. You stare at those hands, studying them, wondering what they are, why you can't make them do what you want them to do. You stare down at your hands and you realize that even your own hands aren't really yours any more.

And you look up from your hands into the mirror, and you see a face that you recognize, a face you've been staring at your entire life, for eternity. And you remember that the face is yours, but you have no idea who you are any more. And the person you once were, who had any kind of cohesiveness or connection to himself, feels a million miles away. Like the native of some alien planet you visited long ago, in another lifetime
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

UtahRatt wrote:A Boy and His Dog (1975) - 3/10 - It's the worst movie imaginable with the best ending possible. Don Johnson looked like a geek back then. It's worth a watch just to set up the final 2 minutes.
I rented this off Netflix a while back. The reason it caught my attention in the first place is because a writer/editor for Warren Magazines (publisher of Famous Monsters, Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella) took Harlan Ellison's A Boy And His Dog story (which Ellison apparently wouldn't allow to be published in b&w comic form), and completely ripped it off and wrote it under another title for one of their mags.

The dog was changed to some sort of alien, but it was a complete writer's swipe. He pulled a total writer's version of Nick Simmons.

Not surprisingly, Ellison sued the shit out of Warren and it was rumored to be the reason that he went bankrupt and ceased publishing his mags under the guise of an undisclosed illness.

But back to the movie - yeah it was awful.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Fletch wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:A Boy and His Dog (1975) - 3/10 - It's the worst movie imaginable with the best ending possible. Don Johnson looked like a geek back then. It's worth a watch just to set up the final 2 minutes.
I rented this off Netflix a while back. The reason it caught my attention in the first place is because a writer/editor for Warren Magazines (publisher of Famous Monsters, Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella) took Harlan Ellison's A Boy And His Dog story (which Ellison apparently wouldn't allow to be published in b&w comic form), and completely ripped it off and wrote it under another title for one of their mags.

The dog was changed to some sort of alien, but it was a complete writer's swipe. He pulled a total writer's version of Nick Simmons.

Not surprisingly, Ellison sued the shit out of Warren and it was rumored to be the reason that he went bankrupt and ceased publishing his mags under the guise of an undisclosed illness.

:lol:

Ya but....How bout that ending?!

Why anyone would want to steal that story line is beyond me, fucking horrid. Still love the ending, would like to see it added to something else.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

UtahRatt wrote:
Fletch wrote:

:lol:

Ya but....How bout that ending?!

Why anyone would want to steal that story line is beyond me, fucking horrid. Still love the ending, would like to see it added to something else.
"Well, I'd certainly say she had marvelous judgment, Albert, if not particularly good taste."
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Deadgirl (2008) 7/10

Creepy flick. Lots of nudity (pretty sure its a merkin), with a dash of rape and blood.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Robin Hood (new one)...7.5/10