A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ren13
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by ren13 »

Bad Lieutenant 2: Port Of Call.

2/10

I netflixed this turd and suffered through it.

Shitacular.
Eat it.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

2001 Maniacs - 2/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Babysitter Wanted (2008) - 7/10. Cool horror flick that had some decent hoorr and gore in it at times.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Monsters Inc - 7/10. Cute movie.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Spring Break (1983) - 7/10. Held up pretty well over time.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Trist805 wrote:The Expendables 6.8/10

I just felt like it took awhile to get going, and it could have been a little more badass. It was still fun, and had it's moments though. Jason Stratham, Sly Stallone, Eric Roberts, Dolph Lundgren, and Mickey Rourke were good in it.
http://www.omg-facts.com/view/Facts/15857

The cast of The Expendables has “killed” a total of 1,593 actors throughout their film careers.

And that's not counting their kills in The Expendables itself!

The top 5:

Dolph Lundgren – 632
Sylvester Stallone – 340
Jet Li – 231
Bruce Willis – 200
Jason Statham - 141

Compare those numbers to famous real life serial killers:

Ted Bundy: 30+ murders
John Wayne Gacy: 33
"Son of Sam": 6
Gary Ridgeway: 90
Jeffrey Dahmer: 17

ImageImage
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Jackass 3D- 7 out of 10

Dumb fun.
ImageImage
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

Indy_Rob wrote:Rampage - 4/5

Good God! What a fucked up movie. The moral implications aside, I thought it was shot very well and the characters were spot-on with their performances. The main character, Bill Williamson, played by Brendan Fletcher was especially good. I was shocked at the premeditation of his actions and the apparent planning he put into his rampage. This wasn't a situation where a dude just snapped. This shit was thought out. Oh, and the bingo hall scene was tense and funny at the same time.

Highly recommended if you like gratuitous violence, but not for the squeamish.
I just watched this film last night after reading the reviews on here comparing it to Falling Down.

7.5/10 The shaky camera work was a bit annoying in the early scenes, however I loved the indiscriminate and realistic way the carries out his killing spree. I agree with your review, the film and the protagonist's thought process is so well thought out in the way he premeditates his rampage with planning to destroy the police station before killing random people, printing the money, and of course the set up, great film, a slow build-up into total carnage.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Linda Lovelace For President (1975) - 2/10. The 2 is for her 2 big tits.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Friday the 13th: Jason Goes To Hell

There are 2 or 3 movies in this series I haven't seen, but this one has to be the worst. Lame kills, Jason's only in it about 3 minutes, only like 4 people die...the ending was kind of cool I guess, but otherwise 1/5.
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

Nueve Reinas - 6/10

Kind of a bit boring at times, but overall, good movie.

The Secret in Their Eyes - 10/10

The chick who got raped is fuckin' beautiful! The movie is great, with fantastic cinematography. Brilliant!
Mr.Happyface
Headlining Clubs

Post by Mr.Happyface »

Fletch wrote:Spring Break (1983) - 7/10. Held up pretty well over time.
One of the best cheesy 80's movie ever!
MurrayFiend wrote:DJ Ashba is the worst thing to happen to GN'R's live show since Axl's tiny shorts.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Let me in- 7/10

It was alright but not even close to the orginal, i also felt it was gay they semi lead you to think oscar would turn out like haki. Haki was a bad guy fuck that pedo
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Intermedio: 3/10

The only notable thing about this movie is that it features laughable overacting courtesy of Edward Furlong.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Mr. Untouchable

Documentary about the Harlem gangster/big time drug dealer Nicky Barnes. If you love documentaries like Cocaine Cowboys, you will LOVE this one. It was pretty awesome.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
RicheyJamesEdwards
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by RicheyJamesEdwards »

Jackass 3D - 7/10

Not as many big laughs as the first two but still more laughs than most movies they market as comedies. It seemed to me that the cast is getting a little old and tired of it and a lot of their hysterical laughing at dumb shit was forced.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

saracapri wrote:Mr. Untouchable

Documentary about the Harlem gangster/big time drug dealer Nicky Barnes. If you love documentaries like Cocaine Cowboys, you will LOVE this one. It was pretty awesome.
I hate documentaries like that one. Someone says one sentence "he was the king", two minutes of music and archive footage, Some says another sentence and it's another minute of music and footage.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Pretty Dead Boy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Pretty Dead Boy »

Inside--- 8/10

One of those flicks that sorta lingers in your head for a little while. It's a French flick, so bad over dubs or subtitles for the loss, but the story is enough to keep you going. One of those movies where you go "yep, there's people THIS fucked up out there" kind of things.

from imdb:
Four months before Christmas, Sarah and Matthieu Scarangelo were in a car crash, of which Sarah and her unborn baby were the only survivors. On Christmas Eve, Sarah stays home alone, where she grieves her husband and prepares to go to the hospital the next morning for the delivery. As night falls, a woman knocks on Sarah's door asking to use the phone. When she refuses, the woman reveals that she knows Sarah and tries to force her way in. Sarah calls the police; they inspect the home and determine the woman has left, but promise to keep watch over Sarah through the night. The woman returns and tries to take Sarah's unborn child, but Sarah locks herself in the bathroom. The strange woman torments Sarah through the night and kills all who try help her.

The Orphanage- 9/10

Absolutely LOVED this movie, but i'm a big guillermo del toro fan. Really, really good movie. A little long at times it seems, but the story sucks you in. Second or third time seeing it and it still holds up.

Again from imdb.com:
The former orphan Laura raises her adopted son Simón with her husband Carlos in an old house and former orphanage where she was raised. Simón is HIV positive and tells Laura that he has five invisible friends, and she believes they are fruit of his imagination. Laura decides to reopen an orphanage for handicapped children in the location and during the opening party, Simón calls her to show the little cabin of his friend Tomás. The busy Laura does not gives much attention to her son; then she sees a mysterious masked boy and Simón vanishes. Laura feels the presence of other persons in the house and months later, the desperate Laura invites a team of parapsychologists to try to unravel the mystery.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

Mr.Happyface wrote:
Fletch wrote:Spring Break (1983) - 7/10. Held up pretty well over time.
One of the best cheesy 80's movie ever!

Hardbodies was another one.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Pretty Dead Boy wrote:Inside--- 8/10

One of those flicks that sorta lingers in your head for a little while. It's a French flick, so bad over dubs or subtitles for the loss, but the story is enough to keep you going. One of those movies where you go "yep, there's people THIS fucked up out there" kind of things.

from imdb:
Four months before Christmas, Sarah and Matthieu Scarangelo were in a car crash, of which Sarah and her unborn baby were the only survivors. On Christmas Eve, Sarah stays home alone, where she grieves her husband and prepares to go to the hospital the next morning for the delivery. As night falls, a woman knocks on Sarah's door asking to use the phone. When she refuses, the woman reveals that she knows Sarah and tries to force her way in. Sarah calls the police; they inspect the home and determine the woman has left, but promise to keep watch over Sarah through the night. The woman returns and tries to take Sarah's unborn child, but Sarah locks herself in the bathroom. The strange woman torments Sarah through the night and kills all who try help her.

The Orphanage- 9/10

Absolutely LOVED this movie, but i'm a big guillermo del toro fan. Really, really good movie. A little long at times it seems, but the story sucks you in. Second or third time seeing it and it still holds up.

Again from imdb.com:
The former orphan Laura raises her adopted son Simón with her husband Carlos in an old house and former orphanage where she was raised. Simón is HIV positive and tells Laura that he has five invisible friends, and she believes they are fruit of his imagination. Laura decides to reopen an orphanage for handicapped children in the location and during the opening party, Simón calls her to show the little cabin of his friend Tomás. The busy Laura does not gives much attention to her son; then she sees a mysterious masked boy and Simón vanishes. Laura feels the presence of other persons in the house and months later, the desperate Laura invites a team of parapsychologists to try to unravel the mystery.
I liked The Orphanage, but Inside is a stone cold, twisted classic, IMO.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

Felon (starring Stephen Dorff and Val Kilmer)... 8.5/10

I hadn't seen Val Kilmer in anything good for about 5 years, but this was great. He can still play great roles when he wants to. Basically, Dorff gets sent to a crazy prision, and Kilmer is a respected inmate who kind of shows him the ropes.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Grendel wrote:Saw the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street. I liked how Freddy looked and liked that it wasn't as corny, but the way that they showed him to be such a twisted pedophile was a bit much.
I know, child murder is much more acceptable. :P
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Taking Of Pelham 123 (2009) - 6/10
Never saw the original so not sure if this was better or not. Kept me interested but lacked something to make it really good.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

RicheyJamesEdwards wrote:Jackass 3D - 7/10

Not as many big laughs as the first two but still more laughs than most movies they market as comedies. It seemed to me that the cast is getting a little old and tired of it and a lot of their hysterical laughing at dumb shit was forced.
They are looking kinda bored. But the film made $50 million. Guess there will be a 4th.

And no Party Boy? WTF? I'd pay $15 just to see him.
:cry:
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
RicheyJamesEdwards
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by RicheyJamesEdwards »

Pretty Dead Boy wrote:Inside--- 8/10

Not really spoilers... but sorta spoilers... don't read if you're going to watch it.
I want to love this movie but the cop scene (I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about) was totally retarded. It actually ruined the movie for me. I was too busy going WTF was that about to enjoy it anymore. So the movie went from a 9/10 for me to probably a 5/10 at best. It's a shame because without that scene I would consider it a classic.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Basket Case (1982) - 7/10. So bad it was good.
acefrehleysbeer
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by acefrehleysbeer »

Brooklyns Finest.........2/5, kinda pointless.
Free the WM3
http://www.wm3.org

When I die I don't want no part of heaven
I would not do heavens work well
I pray the devil comes and takes me
To stand in the fiery furnaces of hell
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Pirate Radio, never knew about those broadcasting boats, movie was fun 6.5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

The lovely bones, 5/10 even Marky mark could'nt save that one
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Sing Sinner Sing - 9/10. Starring Leila Hyams.

Leila plays Lela Larson, a torch singer, who runs off and marries a millionaire. Marriage doesn't slow down his debauchery, and she contemplates divorce. When he's found dead, she's arrested and tried for his murder.

It's based on the real life love affair between tobacco millionaire Smith Reynolds and cabaret singer Libby Holman.